Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Default Fish & Chips - What Sort of Fish?

https://pagesix.com/2018/09/11/paul-...293.1504493325

Paul McCartney and John Lennon Masturbated Together to Brigitte Bardot

NY POST - By Lindsey Kupfer September 11, 2018

Paul McCartney is detailing some wild sex stories from his days in The Beatles, including a group masturbation session with bandmate John Lennon.

€œWhat it was, was over at Johns house, and it was just a group of us,€ he explained in a new interview with GQ. €œAnd instead of just getting roaring drunk and partying €” I dont even know if we were staying over or anything €” we were all just in these chairs, and the lights were out, and somebody started masturbating, so we all did.€

McCartney, 76, went on to say there were about five guys in the group, including himself and Lennon. They were encouraged to shout names that would help with their mission.

€œWe were just, "Brigitte Bardot! Whoo! And then everyone would thrash a bit more,€ he said, adding that at one point, Lennon shouted Winston Churchills name, which killed the mood.

McCartney continued, €œI think it was a one-off. Or maybe it was like a two-off. It wasnt a big thing. But, you know, it was just the kind of thing you didnt think much of. It was just a group. Yeah, its quite raunchy when you think about it. Theres so many things like that from when youre a kid that you look back on and youre, "Did we do that? But it was good, harmless fun. It didnt hurt anyone. Not even Brigitte Bardot.€

The legendary musician went on to describe applauding George Harrison right after he lost his virginity and recalled ordering two hookers for himself in Las Vegas €” the closest he says he ever got to an orgy.

€œThere was once when we were in Vegas where the tour guy, a fixer, said, "Youre going to Vegas, guys €” you want a hooker? We were all, "Yeah! And I requested two. And I had them, and it was a wonderful experience. But thats the closest I ever came to an orgy. See, the thing is, in the next room I think the guys might have ordered something else off the menu. So that would figure if John was saying, yeah, it was all bacchanalian.€

McCartney added that Lennon once went home and slept with a married woman whose husband watched the encounter.

McCartney is set to go on tour in 2019 for his new album, €œEgypt Station...€

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 22:50:00 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:

>I nover cared a whit for the Beatles music and continue to think McCartney
>is a revolting creature. But, enough about stupid stuff.
>
>IMO, fish and chips should be only be made with cod, anything else is a
>fraud.

Then everybody's eating a fraud these days.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-09-11, l not -l > wrote:

> IMO, fish and chips should be only be made with cod, anything else is a
> fraud.

Also, haddock. In the USA, catfish.

I once had f/c at one Applebee's outlet. It was talapia and it was
cold. It was also terrible. 8|

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_and_chips

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 9:40:46 PM UTC-4, notbob wrote:
> On 2018-09-11, l not -l > wrote:
>
> > IMO, fish and chips should be only be made with cod, anything else is a
> > fraud.

> Also, haddock. In the USA, catfish.

Not in my USA. Cod or pollack.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 03:30:47 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 9:40:46 PM UTC-4, notbob wrote:
>> On 2018-09-11, l not -l > wrote:
>>
>> > IMO, fish and chips should be only be made with cod, anything else is a
>> > fraud.

>> Also, haddock. In the USA, catfish.

>Not in my USA. Cod or pollack.

Without checking or googling I'd say, in my countries hake, pollack or
gummy shark.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 3:40:46 PM UTC-10, notbob wrote:

> Also, haddock. In the USA, catfish.
>
> I once had f/c at one Applebee's outlet. It was talapia and it was
> cold. It was also terrible. 8|
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_and_chips
>
> nb

The future of fish and chips in the US is tilapia. The writing is on the wall. The kids won't mind at all.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"l not -l" wrote in message ...

I nover cared a whit for the Beatles music and continue to think McCartney
is a revolting creature. But, enough about stupid stuff.

IMO, fish and chips should be only be made with cod, anything else is a
fraud.

==

Amen to both those comments
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 3:40:46 PM UTC-10, notbob wrote:
> >
> > Also, haddock. In the USA, catfish.
> >
> > I once had f/c at one Applebee's outlet. It was talapia and it was
> > cold. It was also terrible. 8|
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_and_chips
> >
> > nb

> The future of fish and chips in the US is tilapia. The writing is on
> the wall. The kids won't mind at all.

Why do you think that? It's all local whitefish or catfish here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 20:22:17 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>dsi1 wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 3:40:46 PM UTC-10, notbob wrote:
>> >
>> > Also, haddock. In the USA, catfish.
>> >
>> > I once had f/c at one Applebee's outlet. It was talapia and it was
>> > cold. It was also terrible. 8|
>> >
>> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_and_chips
>> >
>> > nb

>> The future of fish and chips in the US is tilapia. The writing is on
>> the wall. The kids won't mind at all.

>Why do you think that? It's all local whitefish or catfish here.

He's a futurologist, didn't you know?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Druce wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 20:22:17 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
>> dsi1 wrote:

>>> The future of fish and chips in the US is tilapia. The writing is on
>>> the wall. The kids won't mind at all.

>> Why do you think that? It's all local whitefish or catfish here.

> He's a futurologist, didn't you know?

Just like George Jettson.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 3:22:26 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

> Why do you think that? It's all local whitefish or catfish here.

Conditions in your area are not real relevant to future trends. People in the US don't consume a lot of fish nor do they have a historical preference in the type of fish they consume. They'll eat a generic white fish and be okay with that. Tilapia is quite popular in the US and is likely to be until some other cheaper fish comes along. I think that tilapia is nasty but that's not relevant either. If you want to spot trends, you have to forget about your personal feelings look at the big picture.

My comments are only about fish consumption in the US.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 10:12:06 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 3:22:26 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
>>
>> Why do you think that? It's all local whitefish or catfish here.

>Conditions in your area are not real relevant to future trends. People in the US don't consume a lot of fish nor do they have a historical preference in the type of fish they consume. They'll eat a generic white fish and be okay with that. Tilapia is quite popular in the US and is likely to be until some other cheaper fish comes along. I think that tilapia is nasty but that's not relevant either. If you want to spot trends, you have to forget about your personal feelings look at the big picture.

But you don't get any further than your rock.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 3:22:26 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> >
> > Why do you think that? It's all local whitefish or catfish here.

> Conditions in your area are not real relevant to future trends.
> People in the US don't consume a lot of fish nor do they have a
> historical preference in the type of fish they consume. They'll eat a
> generic white fish and be okay with that. Tilapia is quite popular in
> the US and is likely to be until some other cheaper fish comes along.
> I think that tilapia is nasty but that's not relevant either. If you
> want to spot trends, you have to forget about your personal feelings
> look at the big picture.
>
> My comments are only about fish consumption in the US.

Really? Please take your head ot of the beach sand. The USA is a big
place and the costal areas eat as much fish as Hawaiians do. You are
all about what happens in your little corner so miss the big picture.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 11:22:41 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

> Really? Please take your head ot of the beach sand. The USA is a big
> place and the costal areas eat as much fish as Hawaiians do. You are
> all about what happens in your little corner so miss the big picture.

What people in coastal areas or living on rocks is not relevant to what kind of fish that will be going into fish and chips in the future.

I base my prediction on fish consumption trends in the US and the reality that Americans are not really all that into fish. Mostly, Americans don't care what kind of fish they eat as long as it's white and in the shape of a stick. If you have some additional information on this, I'd be interested in hearing about it. Just don't tell me you eat a lot of whitefish and catfish.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2018 3:22 PM, cshenk wrote:

> Really? Please take your head ot of the beach sand. The USA is a big
> place and the costal areas eat as much fish as Hawaiians do.

Plus, fish is sent everywhere, inland!

I live in a relatively remote area of the CO Rockies and I see "conch"
meat and/or "mudbug" meat fer sale about 4 times a yr. Heck, I didn't
even see "conch" meat fer sale in the SFBA.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2018 4:35 PM, dsi1 wrote:

> I base my prediction on fish consumption trends in the US and the reality that Americans are not really all that into fish. Mostly, Americans don't care what kind of fish they eat as long as it's white and in the shape of a stick. If you have some additional information on this, I'd be interested in hearing about it. Just don't tell me you eat a lot of whitefish and catfish.

Most main-lander USA-ians like Salmon. It's why it is so "farmed". I
can buy tons of the stuff, but don't.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 2:27:21 PM UTC-10, notbob wrote:

> Most main-lander USA-ians like Salmon. It's why it is so "farmed". I
> can buy tons of the stuff, but don't.
>
> nb

Americans will eat almost twice as much salmon and canned tuna than tilapia. I don't know what form the salmon is - canned or fresh or both. OTOH, fish and chips are not typically made with salmon or canned tuna.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 15:35:33 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 11:22:41 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
>>
>> Really? Please take your head ot of the beach sand. The USA is a big
>> place and the costal areas eat as much fish as Hawaiians do. You are
>> all about what happens in your little corner so miss the big picture.

>What people in coastal areas or living on rocks is not relevant to what kind of fish that will be going into fish and chips in the future.
>
>I base my prediction on fish consumption trends in the US and the reality that Americans are not really all that into fish. Mostly, Americans don't care what kind of fish they eat as long as it's white and in the shape of a stick. If you have some additional information on this, I'd be interested in hearing about it. Just don't tell me you eat a lot of whitefish and catfish.

Planet Earth is the Rock... Hawaii is just a pustulant pimple on the
Rock's ass.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 3:09:12 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> Planet Earth is the Rock... Hawaii is just a pustulant pimple on the
> Rock's ass.

It might be a pimple but it's one heck of a pimple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZOj3LMvu-0
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 17:34:44 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 2:27:21 PM UTC-10, notbob wrote:
>>
>> Most main-lander USA-ians like Salmon. It's why it is so "farmed". I
>> can buy tons of the stuff, but don't.
>>
>> nb

>Americans will eat almost twice as much salmon and canned tuna than tilapia. I don't know what form the salmon is - canned or fresh or both. OTOH, fish and chips are not typically made with salmon or canned tuna.

Lung Guyland has far more seafood than Hawaii can dream of, and is far
better seafood... Hawaii's warm water seafood is only good for
fertilizer... not even good enough for cat food. The best salmon on
the planet is from Scotland's fridgid waters, same as the best lobster
is from Maine's fridgid waters... Florida's lobster (lagusta) is
garbage, same as Gulf shrimp is trash.
Hawaii has NO decent seafood, NONE!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 11:22:41 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> >
> > Really? Please take your head ot of the beach sand. The USA is a
> > big place and the costal areas eat as much fish as Hawaiians do.
> > You are all about what happens in your little corner so miss the
> > big picture.

> What people in coastal areas or living on rocks is not relevant to
> what kind of fish that will be going into fish and chips in the
> future.
>
> I base my prediction on fish consumption trends in the US and the
> reality that Americans are not really all that into fish. Mostly,
> Americans don't care what kind of fish they eat as long as it's white
> and in the shape of a stick. If you have some additional information
> on this, I'd be interested in hearing about it. Just don't tell me
> you eat a lot of whitefish and catfish.

ds1, please get over your prejudice about other Americans and yes, it
really shows that you are, even if you are not aware of it.

Do you really think all of us on the mainland only eat fish sticks?
THat may have been true in the 50's in some of the inner states for a
regular meal, but we have much better shippage now just like you do.
Back in those days, Hawaii didnt even have corn.

In case you havent noticed, you ARE an American and you like fish as
well as we do. Now instead of you assuming we eat only Tiliapia here,
try asking what the folks here are making.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 21:24:27 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>dsi1 wrote:
>
>> What people in coastal areas or living on rocks is not relevant to
>> what kind of fish that will be going into fish and chips in the
>> future.
>>
>> I base my prediction on fish consumption trends in the US and the
>> reality that Americans are not really all that into fish. Mostly,
>> Americans don't care what kind of fish they eat as long as it's white
>> and in the shape of a stick. If you have some additional information
>> on this, I'd be interested in hearing about it. Just don't tell me
>> you eat a lot of whitefish and catfish.

>ds1, please get over your prejudice about other Americans and yes, it
>really shows that you are, even if you are not aware of it.
>
>Do you really think all of us on the mainland only eat fish sticks?
>THat may have been true in the 50's in some of the inner states for a
>regular meal, but we have much better shippage now just like you do.
>Back in those days, Hawaii didnt even have corn.
>
>In case you havent noticed, you ARE an American and you like fish as
>well as we do. Now instead of you assuming we eat only Tiliapia here,
>try asking what the folks here are making.

He's like an ant that lives its entire life in a bucket, but keeps
telling everybody what's happening in the world.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Druce wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 21:24:27 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
>> dsi1 wrote:
>>
>>> What people in coastal areas or living on rocks is not relevant to
>>> what kind of fish that will be going into fish and chips in the
>>> future.
>>>
>>> I base my prediction on fish consumption trends in the US and the
>>> reality that Americans are not really all that into fish. Mostly,
>>> Americans don't care what kind of fish they eat as long as it's white
>>> and in the shape of a stick. If you have some additional information
>>> on this, I'd be interested in hearing about it. Just don't tell me
>>> you eat a lot of whitefish and catfish.

>> ds1, please get over your prejudice about other Americans and yes, it
>> really shows that you are, even if you are not aware of it.
>>
>> Do you really think all of us on the mainland only eat fish sticks?
>> THat may have been true in the 50's in some of the inner states for a
>> regular meal, but we have much better shippage now just like you do.
>> Back in those days, Hawaii didnt even have corn.
>>
>> In case you havent noticed, you ARE an American and you like fish as
>> well as we do. Now instead of you assuming we eat only Tiliapia here,
>> try asking what the folks here are making.

> He's like an ant that lives its entire life in a bucket, but keeps
> telling everybody what's happening in the world.

And also what's happening in the future too.

Just like George Jettson.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 23:04:43 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Druce wrote:

>>> ds1, please get over your prejudice about other Americans and yes, it
>>> really shows that you are, even if you are not aware of it.
>>>
>>> Do you really think all of us on the mainland only eat fish sticks?
>>> THat may have been true in the 50's in some of the inner states for a
>>> regular meal, but we have much better shippage now just like you do.
>>> Back in those days, Hawaii didnt even have corn.
>>>
>>> In case you havent noticed, you ARE an American and you like fish as
>>> well as we do. Now instead of you assuming we eat only Tiliapia here,
>>> try asking what the folks here are making.

>> He's like an ant that lives its entire life in a bucket, but keeps
>> telling everybody what's happening in the world.
>>

>And also what's happening in the future too.
>
>Just like George Jettson.

Lol, yes he can see the future too from his bucket.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk > wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 11:22:41 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
>>>
>>> Really? Please take your head ot of the beach sand. The USA is a
>>> big place and the costal areas eat as much fish as Hawaiians do.
>>> You are all about what happens in your little corner so miss the
>>> big picture.

>> What people in coastal areas or living on rocks is not relevant to
>> what kind of fish that will be going into fish and chips in the
>> future.
>>
>> I base my prediction on fish consumption trends in the US and the
>> reality that Americans are not really all that into fish. Mostly,
>> Americans don't care what kind of fish they eat as long as it's white
>> and in the shape of a stick. If you have some additional information
>> on this, I'd be interested in hearing about it. Just don't tell me
>> you eat a lot of whitefish and catfish.

> ds1, please get over your prejudice about other Americans and yes, it
> really shows that you are, even if you are not aware of it.
>
> Do you really think all of us on the mainland only eat fish sticks?
> THat may have been true in the 50's in some of the inner states for a
> regular meal, but we have much better shippage now just like you do.
> Back in those days, Hawaii didnt even have corn.
>
> In case you havent noticed, you ARE an American and you like fish as
> well as we do. Now instead of you assuming we eat only Tiliapia here,
> try asking what the folks here are making.

I can tell you we eat fish in our house a minimum of once, if not twice,
per week, and it has never been tilapia, nor catfish, and only rarely is it
cod. Salmon maybe once per month.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 04:48:59 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
> wrote:

>cshenk > wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:

>>> What people in coastal areas or living on rocks is not relevant to
>>> what kind of fish that will be going into fish and chips in the
>>> future.
>>>
>>> I base my prediction on fish consumption trends in the US and the
>>> reality that Americans are not really all that into fish. Mostly,
>>> Americans don't care what kind of fish they eat as long as it's white
>>> and in the shape of a stick. If you have some additional information
>>> on this, I'd be interested in hearing about it. Just don't tell me
>>> you eat a lot of whitefish and catfish.

>> ds1, please get over your prejudice about other Americans and yes, it
>> really shows that you are, even if you are not aware of it.
>>
>> Do you really think all of us on the mainland only eat fish sticks?
>> THat may have been true in the 50's in some of the inner states for a
>> regular meal, but we have much better shippage now just like you do.
>> Back in those days, Hawaii didnt even have corn.
>>
>> In case you havent noticed, you ARE an American and you like fish as
>> well as we do. Now instead of you assuming we eat only Tiliapia here,
>> try asking what the folks here are making.
>>

>I can tell you we eat fish in our house a minimum of once, if not twice,
>per week, and it has never been tilapia, nor catfish, and only rarely is it
>cod. Salmon maybe once per month.

You must be Hawaiian then.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 4:24:35 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

> ds1, please get over your prejudice about other Americans and yes, it
> really shows that you are, even if you are not aware of it.
>
> Do you really think all of us on the mainland only eat fish sticks?
> THat may have been true in the 50's in some of the inner states for a
> regular meal, but we have much better shippage now just like you do.
> Back in those days, Hawaii didnt even have corn.
>
> In case you havent noticed, you ARE an American and you like fish as
> well as we do. Now instead of you assuming we eat only Tiliapia here,
> try asking what the folks here are making.

I have no idea why you think I don't care for Americans. Let remind you that I am an American. The only persons confused about that is you and a couple of other nutcases on this group.

The fish that's consumed in the US in order of weight would be shrimp, salmon, canned tuna. The forth most consumed fish is tilapia. I'm not making this up. If you have any conflicting data, I'd like to see it. As it is, you're just making up shit. This probably means you're not a good person.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...ed-states.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 3:47:47 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> Lung Guyland has far more seafood than Hawaii can dream of, and is far
> better seafood... Hawaii's warm water seafood is only good for
> fertilizer... not even good enough for cat food. The best salmon on
> the planet is from Scotland's fridgid waters, same as the best lobster
> is from Maine's fridgid waters... Florida's lobster (lagusta) is
> garbage, same as Gulf shrimp is trash.
> Hawaii has NO decent seafood, NONE!

How messed up in the head does one have to be to judge foods they've never eaten? Pretty damn. OTOH, that's pretty much par for the course - people commenting on things they have no knowledge of.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 6:26:38 PM UTC-10, notbob wrote:
> I can't speak of Hi's fish fittitude (I jes made that word up) as a
> potential fertilizer, but I can speak of the Atlantic's superior fish.
>
> I have lived on the West Coast (Pacific Ocean), most of my life. BUT!,
> I have also lived on the East Coast (Atlantic Ocean). Colder water,
> better fish, (specially fer shipping).
>
> Warmer climes jes have different seafood. End of story.
>
> nb

That crazy-ass cracker is right about one thing. We got lots and lots of fish that's suitable only for fertilizer. That would be tilapia...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 23:10:23 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 6:26:38 PM UTC-10, notbob wrote:
>> I can't speak of Hi's fish fittitude (I jes made that word up) as a
>> potential fertilizer, but I can speak of the Atlantic's superior fish.
>>
>> I have lived on the West Coast (Pacific Ocean), most of my life. BUT!,
>> I have also lived on the East Coast (Atlantic Ocean). Colder water,
>> better fish, (specially fer shipping).
>>
>> Warmer climes jes have different seafood. End of story.
>>
>> nb

>That crazy-ass cracker is right about one thing. We got lots and lots of fish that's suitable only for fertilizer. That would be tilapia...

No, the 40 year old kids like it! Where's your sense of community?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 22:59:39 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 4:24:35 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
>>
>> ds1, please get over your prejudice about other Americans and yes, it
>> really shows that you are, even if you are not aware of it.
>>
>> Do you really think all of us on the mainland only eat fish sticks?
>> THat may have been true in the 50's in some of the inner states for a
>> regular meal, but we have much better shippage now just like you do.
>> Back in those days, Hawaii didnt even have corn.
>>
>> In case you havent noticed, you ARE an American and you like fish as
>> well as we do. Now instead of you assuming we eat only Tiliapia here,
>> try asking what the folks here are making.

>I have no idea why you think I don't care for Americans. Let remind you that I am an American. The only persons confused about that is you and a couple of other nutcases on this group.
>
>The fish that's consumed in the US in order of weight would be shrimp, salmon, canned tuna. The forth most consumed fish is tilapia. I'm not making this up. If you have any conflicting data, I'd like to see it. As it is, you're just making up shit. This probably means you're not a good person.

If making up shit means you're not a good person, you must be in hell
already.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 06:19:31 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Thu 13 Sep 2018 09:48:59p, Jinx the Minx told us...
>
>> cshenk > wrote:
>>>
>>> ds1, please get over your prejudice about other Americans and
>>> yes, it really shows that you are, even if you are not aware of
>>> it.
>>>
>>> Do you really think all of us on the mainland only eat fish
>>> sticks? THat may have been true in the 50's in some of the inner
>>> states for a regular meal, but we have much better shippage now
>>> just like you do. Back in those days, Hawaii didnt even have
>>> corn.
>>>
>>> In case you havent noticed, you ARE an American and you like fish
>>> as well as we do. Now instead of you assuming we eat only
>>> Tiliapia here, try asking what the folks here are making.
>>>

>> I can tell you we eat fish in our house a minimum of once, if not
>> twice, per week, and it has never been tilapia, nor catfish, and
>> only rarely is it cod. Salmon maybe once per month.
>>

>dsi1, living on his rock in the Pacific, consistently has
>misconceptions, prejudices, criticisms, and very little awareness of
>what the mainland consists of, regarding people, food, and virtually
>everything else. His opinions cannot be trusted or substantiated by
>anyone here on RFC, and should categorically be ignored.
>
>With the information available through all types of media today, he
>has no excuse for not having a clear understanding of the mainland,
>its inhabitants, foods, and customs.
>
>He either needs to get a grasp on the reality of our continental US
>or he should stop pontificating and keep his mouth shut.

Ok, you did it. Now he lost face!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 5:22:41 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 3:22:26 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> > >
> > > Why do you think that? It's all local whitefish or catfish here.

> > Conditions in your area are not real relevant to future trends.
> > People in the US don't consume a lot of fish nor do they have a
> > historical preference in the type of fish they consume. They'll eat a
> > generic white fish and be okay with that. Tilapia is quite popular in
> > the US and is likely to be until some other cheaper fish comes along.
> > I think that tilapia is nasty but that's not relevant either. If you
> > want to spot trends, you have to forget about your personal feelings
> > look at the big picture.
> >
> > My comments are only about fish consumption in the US.

> Really? Please take your head ot of the beach sand. The USA is a big
> place and the costal areas eat as much fish as Hawaiians do. You are
> all about what happens in your little corner so miss the big picture.

Here are the data:

<https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2015-01/documents/fish-consumption-rates-2014.pdf>

Table 8b

I presume dsi1's rock falls under "coastal, Pacific".

Cindy Hamilton

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I presume dsi1's rock falls under "coastal, Pacific".

I don't think he has a choice with that label.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Druce > wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 04:48:59 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
> > wrote:
>
>> cshenk > wrote:

>>> ds1, please get over your prejudice about other Americans and yes, it
>>> really shows that you are, even if you are not aware of it.
>>>
>>> Do you really think all of us on the mainland only eat fish sticks?
>>> THat may have been true in the 50's in some of the inner states for a
>>> regular meal, but we have much better shippage now just like you do.
>>> Back in those days, Hawaii didnt even have corn.
>>>
>>> In case you havent noticed, you ARE an American and you like fish as
>>> well as we do. Now instead of you assuming we eat only Tiliapia here,
>>> try asking what the folks here are making.
>>>

>> I can tell you we eat fish in our house a minimum of once, if not twice,
>> per week, and it has never been tilapia, nor catfish, and only rarely is it
>> cod. Salmon maybe once per month.

> You must be Hawaiian then.

Im about as white Midwestern as they come.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-09-14 12:48 AM, Jinx the Minx wrote:
> cshenk > wrote:

>> In case you havent noticed, you ARE an American and you like fish
>> as well as we do. Now instead of you assuming we eat only Tiliapia
>> here, try asking what the folks here are making.
>>

> I can tell you we eat fish in our house a minimum of once, if not
> twice, per week, and it has never been tilapia, nor catfish, and only
> rarely is it cod. Salmon maybe once per month.

We have seafood 2-3 times a week and it is usually, salmon, trout,
steelhead, sole or shrimp.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 14, 2018 at 4:01:49 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> We have seafood 2-3 times a week and it is usually, salmon, trout,
> steelhead, sole or shrimp.

Garlic shrimp and ahi are favorites on this rock. We like to eat the ahi raw. Last night, my daughter had some wonderful furikake opah with a wasabi butter sauce. I had some boring chicken. That's the breaks.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...-blooded-fish/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, September 14, 2018 at 4:01:49 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> We have seafood 2-3 times a week and it is usually, salmon, trout,
> steelhead, sole or shrimp.

Garlic shrimp and ahi are favorites on this rock. We like to eat the ahi
raw. Last night, my daughter had some wonderful furikake opah with a wasabi
butter sauce. I had some boring chicken. That's the breaks.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...-blooded-fish/

===

Oh my! It's HUGE)))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 19:52:46 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Fri 14 Sep 2018 06:38:18a, Jinx the Minx told us...
>
>> Druce > wrote:
>>> On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 04:48:59 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx

>>> You must be Hawaiian then.

>> Im about as white Midwestern as they come.
>>

>That should certainly tell you what a dolt he is!

I was merely applying dsi1's logic. And don't you dare say that he's a
dolt too!