Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fish

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 00:45:07 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 19:43:57 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
>> > wrote:

>>>This is not Julie's first foray into gluten free cooking. In fact, if I
>>>had
>>>to put money on whose GF knowledge is greater, yours or hers, it wouldn't
>>>be yours.

>> Well if she is not gluten free herself then I can promise you that she
>> doesn't know much about it.

>Bullshit.

Well first of all you said

Someone that knows gluten free cooking would automatically know that
buying processed fish is a big no no. You insist on having fillets and
that tells me you do not know as much as you think that you do.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/14/2019 9:17 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 8:50:07 AM UTC-4, Janet wrote:
>> In article >,
>> says...

says...

>>> Not necessarily. In my salad days, I shared my apartment with friends. We
>>> were roommates because apartment-mates is just awkward to say.

>> In UK, what you describe would be flatmates or housemates. A room-mate
>> is exclusively for those who share the same bedroom.
>> So you could be sharing a house or flat with several others, but only
>> the flatmate/housemate who sleeps in the same bedroom as you, is a
>> roommate.
>>
>> Janet UK

> We don't call them "flats". Apartment-mates is just too long.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

True, we don't have flats, we have apartments. Roommates in my lexicon
don't share the same bedroom. They share common living space and split
the rent and utilities. Pay for separate food. But no, not sleeping in
the same bed.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/14/2019 3:44 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message >> which means jack shit because you are one of those who make shit up
>> just to act like you are correct, so chances are you know very little

> WTF? I don't make anything up! You can check out my old posts here

Julie... please don't feed the gluten free troll.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-09-14 10:10 a.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 9/14/2019 9:17 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 8:50:07 AM UTC-4, Janet wrote:
>>> In article >,
>>> says...

> True, we don't have flats, we have apartments.Â* Roommates in my lexicon
> don't share the same bedroom.Â* They share common living space and split
> the rent and utilities.Â* Pay for separate food.Â* But no, not sleeping in
> the same bed.
>
> Jill

But note the 3 smilies!!! She's happy! Wonder why?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-09-14 12:21 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 9/14/2019 3:44 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message >> which means
>> jack shit because you are one of those who make shit up
>>> just to act like you are correct, so chances are you know very little

>> WTF? I don't make anything up! You can check out my old posts here

> Julie... please don't feed the gluten free troll.

Why not? Lots of people are feeding Julie's trolling.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 11:10:33 AM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:

> On 9/14/2019 9:17 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 8:50:07 AM UTC-4, Janet wrote:
> >>
> >> In UK, what you describe would be flatmates or housemates. A room-mate
> >> is exclusively for those who share the same bedroom.
> >> So you could be sharing a house or flat with several others, but only
> >> the flatmate/housemate who sleeps in the same bedroom as you, is a
> >> roommate.
> >>
> >> Janet UK

> > We don't call them "flats". Apartment-mates is just too long.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> True, we don't have flats, we have apartments. Roommates in my lexicon
> don't share the same bedroom. They share common living space and split
> the rent and utilities. Pay for separate food. But no, not sleeping in
> the same bed.
>
> Jill

Yep, just a room mate that shares the house/apartment expenses but not
the same bed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 21:17:00 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> > wrote in message

>>> I just have a feeling she does not know really that much about cooking
>>> gluten free. It does make me wonder how you relate that to paranoia.
>>> Do you know what paranoia is?

>> You'd be wrong then. My daughter was diagnosed with many food intolerances
>> at age 6. Not celiac but wheat and gluten intolerance. Her symptoms were
>> skin rashes and upset stomach.
>>
>> Because my parents and her dad were clueless, I bought her a refrigerator.
>> Her food went in there. She also had a shelving unit that held canned goods
>> such as wild rice soup and GF pasta. Her food intolerances extended beyond
>> just wheat and gluten. That way, anyone watching her would know that any
>> food found in her refrigerator or on her shelves was safe for her to eat. I
>> did have more safe food in the house. It was just beyond their
>> comprehension. They sickened her a few times by doing things like buying her
>> a lip balm with wheat germ oil. Then forcing her to eat Saltine crackers to
>> settle the stomach pains caused by the lip balm.
>>
>> If she had to go to a party, I made her food. She always brought lunch.
>>
>> For the first couple of years, there was no gluten anywhere in my house. We
>> all ate GF. My husband complained as he wanted sandwiches and pizza.
>> Occasionally I would buy these premade for him but he was required to eat
>> them outside or in the living room and take the wrappers straight outside
>> when done eating.
>>
>> I loosened up as she got older because she herself understood what she could
>> and couldn't eat. I still never baked or cooked with gluten but I did buy
>> bread and we had two toasters. One for her, one for me. She had her own
>> condiments in her own fridge.

> which means jack shit because you are one of those who make shit up
> just to act like you are correct, so chances are you know very little
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Oh, the irony!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 06:19:24 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 9:06:17 AM UTC-4, Janet wrote:
>>
>> Any fishmonger would supply it, but they will probably assume the
>> customer wants fish scraps to make fish stock, so they'll include heads
>> tails and bones.
>>
>> Every UK supermarket sells uncooked "fish pie mix" which consists of
>> at least three different kinds of fish pieces. Usually raw salmon, raw
>> white fish like cod, plus a smoked fish like haddock. No bones.
>>
>> Janet UK

>Fish pie isn't really a thing in the U.S. I'm sure many people make it,
>but only as a small percentage of the entire population.

I guess it's not unhealthy enough.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

graham wrote:

> On 2019-09-14 10:10 a.m., jmcquown wrote:

> > True, we don't have flats, we have apartments.Â* Roommates in my lexicon
> > don't share the same bedroom.Â* They share common living space and split
> > the rent and utilities.Â* Pay for separate food.Â* But no, not sleeping in
> > the same bed.
> >
> > Jill

> But note the 3 smilies!!! She's happy! Wonder why?

Lol, graham! Apropos:

"1 Corinthians 6:13
"You say, 'Food was made for the stomach, and the stomach for food.' (This is true, though someday God will do away with both of them.) But you cant say that our bodies were made for sexual immorality. They were made for the Lord, and the Lord cares about our bodies."

;-DDD

--
Best
Greg --->>> aka "the DEVIL"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 3:06:17 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 06:19:24 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 9:06:17 AM UTC-4, Janet wrote:
> >>
> >> Any fishmonger would supply it, but they will probably assume the
> >> customer wants fish scraps to make fish stock, so they'll include heads
> >> tails and bones.
> >>
> >> Every UK supermarket sells uncooked "fish pie mix" which consists of
> >> at least three different kinds of fish pieces. Usually raw salmon, raw
> >> white fish like cod, plus a smoked fish like haddock. No bones.
> >>
> >> Janet UK

> >Fish pie isn't really a thing in the U.S. I'm sure many people make it,
> >but only as a small percentage of the entire population.

> I guess it's not unhealthy enough.

Probably one of those things that's regional, or went out of fashion
after the 19th Century.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>

>> The only fish I buy other than salmon is cod. Do try that recipe. I
>> is a huge favourite here
>>
>> Can you not buy plain fish frozen and not seasoned?

> Much of the frozen fish I found here is breaded and/or seasoned. I did
> find
> some plain cod and bought that.
>
> ===
>
> That is exactly what I always choose

I bought a little bit. I don't think it's good to eat too much fish.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 9/14/2019 3:44 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message >> which means
>> jack shit because you are one of those who make shit up
>>> just to act like you are correct, so chances are you know very little

>> WTF? I don't make anything up! You can check out my old posts here

> Julie... please don't feed the gluten free troll.

If I do feed him, it will be gluten!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 9/14/2019 12:40 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> (snippage)
>>>>

> (more snippage)
>>>
>>> It depends on the type of fish... but here's some very basic info based
>>> on my experience. I often pan fry fillets. Usually a mild white fish
>>> such as cod or catfish. Without crumbs or a flour coating, season with
>>> S&P at the very least. Even with small fillets you'll need a wide
>>> spatula for turning it. Don't let it cook so long on one side that it
>>> will split in half before you can turn it. Depending on the thickness of
>>> the fish, it only takes a few minutes on each side.
>>>
>>> I do sometimes bake fish fillets. You can do this with a sprinkling of
>>> of your gluten free panko on top, but you'll need something to it stick.
>>> Maybe brush some of that eggless mayo on top then the seasoned crumbs.
>>> Put a little water (or milk) in the bottom of the pan to help keep it
>>> moist. You already know you shouldn't overcook it. As a *very* general
>>> rule, the moment it flakes with a fork, it's done. I usually bake cod
>>> fillets no more than 12-15 minutes.
>>>
>>> Also, Ed is right. Most fish doesn't reheat well, especially not in a
>>> microwave. You might want to time the fish dinners so it can be eaten
>>> immediately.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Thanks! Tonight's meal was timed just right. He loved it. So that went
>> well.

> Good. So, what kind of fish did you cook? How did you prepare it?

I did the teriyaki recipe on the bed of bok choy. I bought a halibut fillet
and used it all in one piece. He loved it!

He has been cooking too. I came home to find him beaming over a steak that
he cooked to perfection. I'm not sure exactly what he did but it involved a
skillet and two hours of cook time. Hmmm... That just seems wrong to me! He
saved a bite for me to try but I didn't because I can't digest steak. Then
he beamed as he ate the last bite.

We were working together in the kitchen today. He has been buying more of
his own food and is learning to cook things. No, I didn't tell him to cook
the steak that way but as long as he liked it, it's all good!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2019-09-14 12:53 a.m., Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Jeßus" > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 00:43:30 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> Well, whatever the hell you want to call a place that serves food in
>>> your neck of the woods.

>> Restaurant. Neither of us go to those often. He can't, really except for
>> a few places. He takes his dog with him everywhere. Most restaurants
>> don't allow dogs.

> Wow. This guy just gets more special every day.

The dog is adorable. He's smaller than my cats and has a really funny
personality. He's like a tiny human. Perfect for me because I get all the
benefits of having a dog without having to take care of the dog. I do cook
for him sometimes and give him treats. He is transitioning from human food
to dog food as the puppies need the dog food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 00:45:07 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

> wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 19:43:57 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx

>>> Well if she is not gluten free herself then I can promise you that she
>>> doesn't know much about it.

>>Bullshit.

> Well first of all you said

> Someone that knows gluten free cooking would automatically know that
> buying processed fish is a big no no. You insist on having fillets and
> that tells me you do not know as much as you think that you do.

Why would you think the fillets would have gluten? The fish counter doesn't
use any gluten containing items, and the frozen ones are labeled as gluten
free.

Why don't you go air fry something?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>>

>> I invested nothing in it. I am not going to post all of the details here.
>> But perhaps I should stop referring to him as my gardener. I think
>> roommate
>> might be a more fitting title. At any rate, I told him I would
>> make
>> him some fish. I'm doing research.
>> ===
>>
>> What kind of fish do you want to cook? White fish I usually batter and
>> deep fry but i have a nice recipe for salmon which is good cold if you
>> have any left over.
>>
>> Teriyaki salmon. This is the recipe I use:
>>
>> https://natashaskitchen.com/teriyaki...g_3F1538200441

> I have no idea what kind of fish. I don't like fish and never eat it
> except
> for occasional fish sticks or tuna salad. I did discover that all fish
> seems
> to be really expensive, compared to meat. Salmon is very pricy so I won't
> be
> making fish very often. I did save the recipe. Thanks!
>
> ====
>
> You are very welcome. If you do make it one day, I hope you like it)

He'll like it, I'm sure. I won't even try it. I know I don't like salmon at
all except for that one recipe for the salad with canned. Salmon is very
common here. It has been served to me far more than I'd like!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 09:41:07 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>
>>"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>>

>>"Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>>>
>>> I invested nothing in it. I am not going to post all of the details
>>> here.
>>> But perhaps I should stop referring to him as my gardener. I think
>>> roommate
>>> might be a more fitting title. At any rate, I told him I would
>>> make
>>> him some fish. I'm doing research.
>>> ===
>>>
>>> What kind of fish do you want to cook? White fish I usually batter
>>> and
>>> deep fry but i have a nice recipe for salmon which is good cold if you
>>> have any left over.
>>>
>>> Teriyaki salmon. This is the recipe I use:
>>>
>>> https://natashaskitchen.com/teriyaki...g_3F1538200441

>>I have no idea what kind of fish. I don't like fish and never eat it
>>except
>>for occasional fish sticks or tuna salad. I did discover that all fish
>>seems
>>to be really expensive, compared to meat. Salmon is very pricy so I won't
>>be
>>making fish very often. I did save the recipe. Thanks!
>>
>>====
>>
>> You are very welcome. If you do make it one day, I hope you like it)

> I think that teriyaki salmon is a dish that even a fish fearer might
> like.

Only if they like Teriyaki, and I don't.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 08:05:02 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>>Bruce wrote:
>>> Yes, I've had teriyaki salmon often and I like it a lot.

>>Yoose should educate yourself about the chemicals that are fed to
>>farm raised fish.

> Xanthan gum?

It's often used in gluten free baking.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet" > wrote in message
t...
> In article >,
> says...
>>
>> On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 12:12:43 PM UTC-4, Janet wrote:
>> > In article >,
says...

>> > Oh, so you're sharing the same bedroom.
>> >
>> > Janet UK

>> Not necessarily. In my salad days, I shared my apartment with friends.
>> We
>> were roommates because apartment-mates is just awkward to say.

> In UK, what you describe would be flatmates or housemates. A room-mate
> is exclusively for those who share the same bedroom.
> So you could be sharing a house or flat with several others, but only
> the flatmate/housemate who sleeps in the same bedroom as you, is a
> roommate.

Ha! Here, a roommate is usually someone who has a bedroom in your house.
They may or may not pay rent and they usually have access to the whole
house, except maybe your bedroom and your bath, assuming you have a private
one.

Of course they might share a bedroom but that's really pretty uncommon. Most
modern apartments are designed with two masters to accommodate roommates.

My house was remodeled. My bedroom and family room are at the back of the
house and that's where I generally hang out.

The dining room, kitchen and laundry room are in the middle.

The living room, two small bedrooms and a full bath are at the front. He
usually hangs out in the living room. That's fine by me. It's decorated with
masculine stuff. Not my style. Angela has the use of one bedroom even though
she no longer lives here. Her place is very small and has a lack of storage
space so I let her keep things here. The spare room is tiny but it has a
very nice twin size bed and an antique dresser. I told him he could use that
room.

We don't use the term "flat" here. We do use the term "housemate". It's a
term that *** couples use who live together are not "out" to the world as
being ***. It was commonly used in the 80's, far less commonly used now,
perhaps because everyone now knows what that means. And in this area, gays
can legally marry. So now they usually say things like "partner",
"significant other", or "spouse", depending on circumstances. My married
friend calls his spouse his "husband". My unmarried female friend now uses
the term "partner".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 9/14/2019 9:17 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 8:50:07 AM UTC-4, Janet wrote:
>>> In article >,
>>> says...

>>> In UK, what you describe would be flatmates or housemates. A
>>> room-mate
>>> is exclusively for those who share the same bedroom.
>>> So you could be sharing a house or flat with several others, but only
>>> the flatmate/housemate who sleeps in the same bedroom as you, is a
>>> roommate.
>>>
>>> Janet UK

>> We don't call them "flats". Apartment-mates is just too long.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> True, we don't have flats, we have apartments. Roommates in my lexicon
> don't share the same bedroom. They share common living space and split
> the rent and utilities. Pay for separate food. But no, not sleeping in
> the same bed.

Long ago, I had roommates and we had different terms concerning food. My
first roommate and I bought groceries together and we sometimes cooked
together. He wasn't so big on cooking though so I often did the cooking, He
worked at a restaurant and got occasional free meals and was allowed to
bring guests. So he brought me and a mutual friend for free dinner once or
twice a month. He did eat a lot more than I did so he would occasionally
bring food home on his own. And I grew vegetables in the back yard. We did
split the utilities down the middle but we never once quibbled over food.

My next roommate was Jewish and kept kosher so he did his own thing with
food and I did mine.

Had a female roommate. We normally bought our own food but once or twice a
week we would cook for the other person. Alas her cooking skills were
limited to beef burritos and some sort of Middle Eastern chicken and rice
dish that I didn't care for. It was her BF's family recipe.

When I lived in Richmond Beach, I had a unique situation. My landlord was a
traveling salesman and had 5 different houses. He spent the night at our
place once a week. He had a bedroom with a bed in it and nothing else. He
would usually go right to bed and leave early in the morning so we rarely
saw him. He also sold Amway. We never had to buy cleaning supplies. He kept
us supplied with those and he was always dropping off food and wine from
weekend parties. We did use the wine but much of the food was suspect
because we couldn't be sure how old it was or how it had been kept.

I had two female roommates there but not at the same time. We went shopping
together. One person would buy the food one week and the other the next. We
did dine out a lot in those days so we mostly kept things for breakfasts,
salads and soups. The one woman was Italian so we had a lot of pasta when
she lived there. I generally did the cooking as both of them were lousy
cooks. When they invited their BFs for dinner, I'd always get a call. If I
was cooking they'd eat there. Otherwise they'd decline. The one guy said his
GF used to try to mask the taste of spoiled food by drowning it in
Worcestershire sauce so he wouldn't touch a thing she'd serve.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in message
> On 2019-09-14 10:10 a.m., jmcquown wrote:

>> True, we don't have flats, we have apartments. Roommates in my lexicon
>> don't share the same bedroom. They share common living space and split
>> the rent and utilities. Pay for separate food. But no, not sleeping in
>> the same bed.
>>
>> Jill

> But note the 3 smilies!!! She's happy! Wonder why?

His dammed GF is gone! I very much dislike her. She's not a nice person. She
was usually not nice to either one of us. And now I know who to blame for
the constantly filthy kitchen floor and the sometimes insane amount of food
being eaten. I have no proof but I suspect she is bulimic.

He's happy. I'm happy. We can finally just hang out together and have a good
conversation without feeling her jealous eyes boring into us. It feels like
home again!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 11:10:33 AM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:

>> > We don't call them "flats". Apartment-mates is just too long.
>> >
>> > Cindy Hamilton
>> >

>> True, we don't have flats, we have apartments. Roommates in my lexicon
>> don't share the same bedroom. They share common living space and split
>> the rent and utilities. Pay for separate food. But no, not sleeping in
>> the same bed.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Yep, just a room mate that shares the house/apartment expenses but not
> the same bed.

His dog often shares my bed though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 06:19:24 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 9:06:17 AM UTC-4, Janet wrote:
>>>
>>> Any fishmonger would supply it, but they will probably assume the
>>> customer wants fish scraps to make fish stock, so they'll include heads
>>> tails and bones.
>>>
>>> Every UK supermarket sells uncooked "fish pie mix" which consists of
>>> at least three different kinds of fish pieces. Usually raw salmon, raw
>>> white fish like cod, plus a smoked fish like haddock. No bones.
>>>
>>> Janet UK

>>Fish pie isn't really a thing in the U.S. I'm sure many people make it,
>>but only as a small percentage of the entire population.

> I guess it's not unhealthy enough.

What's in it?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 22:12:14 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>>

>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>>> The only fish I buy other than salmon is cod. Do try that recipe. I
>>> is a huge favourite here
>>>
>>> Can you not buy plain fish frozen and not seasoned?

>> Much of the frozen fish I found here is breaded and/or seasoned. I did
>> find
>> some plain cod and bought that.
>>
>> ===
>>
>> That is exactly what I always choose

>I bought a little bit. I don't think it's good to eat too much fish.

What? I'm dead then!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 22:28:46 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>Yoose should educate yourself about the chemicals that are fed to
>>>farm raised fish.

>> Xanthan gum?

>It's often used in gluten free baking.

I see it in many prefab products. Nobody knows what it is (except
Cindy).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 23:04:28 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 06:19:24 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>>>Fish pie isn't really a thing in the U.S. I'm sure many people make it,
>>>but only as a small percentage of the entire population.

>> I guess it's not unhealthy enough.

>What's in it?

Fish, which I always thought is very good for us compared to meat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 00:40:47 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Guy who can't even buy groceries or food to feed himself is starting
>>> yet another business. How much money have you "invested" in it?
>>>
>>> I have no suggestions. That would stupid for anybody to offer.

>> I invested nothing in it.

> You mean besides free rent, free food, free laundry service, and
> free turndown service?

Nope. We have an agreement. What that is, is none of your business. If we're
both happy with the arrangement, why do you seem to have a problem with it?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>

>> The only fish I buy other than salmon is cod. Do try that recipe. I
>> is a huge favourite here
>>
>> Can you not buy plain fish frozen and not seasoned?

> Much of the frozen fish I found here is breaded and/or seasoned. I did
> find
> some plain cod and bought that.
>
> ===
>
> That is exactly what I always choose

I bought a little bit. I don't think it's good to eat too much fish.

===

Why not? I can't say we eat a lot, but we love it from time to time

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>>

>> I invested nothing in it. I am not going to post all of the details here.
>> But perhaps I should stop referring to him as my gardener. I think
>> roommate
>> might be a more fitting title. At any rate, I told him I would
>> make
>> him some fish. I'm doing research.
>> ===
>>
>> What kind of fish do you want to cook? White fish I usually batter and
>> deep fry but i have a nice recipe for salmon which is good cold if you
>> have any left over.
>>
>> Teriyaki salmon. This is the recipe I use:
>>
>> https://natashaskitchen.com/teriyaki...g_3F1538200441

> I have no idea what kind of fish. I don't like fish and never eat it
> except
> for occasional fish sticks or tuna salad. I did discover that all fish
> seems
> to be really expensive, compared to meat. Salmon is very pricy so I won't
> be
> making fish very often. I did save the recipe. Thanks!
>
> ====
>
> You are very welcome. If you do make it one day, I hope you like it)

He'll like it, I'm sure. I won't even try it. I know I don't like salmon at
all except for that one recipe for the salad with canned. Salmon is very
common here. It has been served to me far more than I'd like!

===

Ok

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>>

>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>>> The only fish I buy other than salmon is cod. Do try that recipe. I
>>> is a huge favourite here
>>>
>>> Can you not buy plain fish frozen and not seasoned?

>> Much of the frozen fish I found here is breaded and/or seasoned. I did
>> find
>> some plain cod and bought that.
>>
>> ===
>>
>> That is exactly what I always choose

> I bought a little bit. I don't think it's good to eat too much fish.
>
> ===
>
> Why not? I can't say we eat a lot, but we love it from time to time

Maybe your fish is better than ours. Ours contains mercury. Some more than
others.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message
> > On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 00:45:07 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

> > > Bullshit.

> > Well first of all you said

> > Someone that knows gluten free cooking would automatically know that
> > buying processed fish is a big no no. You insist on having fillets
> > and that tells me you do not know as much as you think that you do.

> Why would you think the fillets would have gluten? The fish counter
> doesn't use any gluten containing items, and the frozen ones are
> labeled as gluten free.
>
> Why don't you go air fry something?

CK may be referring to when it is processed in a plant where other
portions are not GF? Cross over contamination.

I think it would depend on the level of sensitivity as to if that would
be a problem or not.

https://www.amazon.com/Jalpur-Flatte...dp/B00HS03X36/

Although that specific one says processed where wheat is, if someone
could tolerate minimum wheat gluten, it would probably be fine. I'll
occasionally get a little for breading things. My friend Susan has to
eat gluten free (or very low on the whet gluten) and she uses this.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 04:49:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>>

>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> That is exactly what I always choose

>> I bought a little bit. I don't think it's good to eat too much fish.
>>
>> ===
>>
>> Why not? I can't say we eat a lot, but we love it from time to time

>Maybe your fish is better than ours. Ours contains mercury. Some more than
>others.

I thought the mercury was mainly in the big fish, like marlin,
swordfish and the big tuna. Not so much in sardines, mackerels and
farmed salmon.

But maybe it explains why the nights aren't so dark anymore lately.