Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Civic Holiday dinner

On Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 6:33:46 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 15:28:54 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 4:09:39 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> >>
> >> Supermarkets don't play Christmas songs
> >> anymore (thank God). That would be non-inclusive.
> >>

> >They do here. One local radio station plays nothing but Christmas music starting
> >the day after Thanksgiving until midnight Christmas.

> But supermarkets/malls too?

Yes. The Christmas music will start on 1 November and not let up until
January. In all kinds of stores.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 7:07:31 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 15:28:54 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 4:09:39 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> >>
> >> Supermarkets don't play Christmas songs
> >> anymore (thank God). That would be non-inclusive.
> >>

> >They do here. One local radio station plays nothing but Christmas music starting
> >the day after Thanksgiving until midnight Christmas.

> I've often thought they are the people who have killed the festival
> About two weeks ago I went into Michaels, boiling hot day, the whole
> place was done out with Halloween Stuff - arrggh - I left a comment at
> the checkout.

Typically, if you're going to make stuff for a holiday you need some time
to do it. If I were going all-out for Halloween, I might start quite soon.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 03:06:47 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 6:33:46 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 15:28:54 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>> >They do here. One local radio station plays nothing but Christmas music starting
>> >the day after Thanksgiving until midnight Christmas.

>> But supermarkets/malls too?

>Yes. The Christmas music will start on 1 November and not let up until
>January. In all kinds of stores.

Terrible, but at least not PC.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> But it's mainly a white religion. You'd never joke about Muslims. You
>>> pussyfoot around them and patronise them

>> I think you have big issues - I really don't care what religion people
>> are - unless they try to preach to me or try to convert me.

>Then you'd have loved this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oReEUdw_Mhs

What a nightmare!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-08-07 7:12 a.m., wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 18:41:01 -0600, graham > wrote:
>

>>> I think you have big issues - I really don't care what religion people
>>> are - unless they try to preach to me or try to convert me.

>> Then you'd have loved this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oReEUdw_Mhs

> What a nightmare!!

I would probably be the one to tell him to shut up and keep his religion
to himself. We used to have a guy at work who spent most of his work
day preaching. I used to run the social club at work and we put on a
Christmas luncheon for the guys every year on the last working day
before the holiday.

One year I was making the rounds to see if people were coming. Several
of them did not want to go because they didn't want to have to listen to
Burchell's extended grace and preaching. I assured them that I would
arrange for someone else to do that,and I did. I then approached
Burchell and explained to him that Larry would be saying grace. When he
questioned me about that I told him quite honestly why. He seemed
disappointed, but he accepted that.

One the day of the luncheon I called on Larry to say grace. He made it
short and sweet and everyone sat down and started eating. Then Burchell
got up and called for everyone's attention and then started saying
grace. Everyone was looking at me to do something.... so I did. I
walked up and said "Excuse me Burchell, but I asked you not to do this".
He said "No you didn't. You asked me to say grace." Hell, he had not
only gone ahead and done what I asked him not to do but he was lying
about it.

When we got back to the shop Burchell was furious with me and yelled at
me,telling me don't every interrupt him when he is preaching. My
response was to tell him not to ever take the opportunity to start
preaching at a function that I had arranged.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 03:09:13 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 7:07:31 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>> On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 15:28:54 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>> >They do here. One local radio station plays nothing but Christmas music starting
>> >the day after Thanksgiving until midnight Christmas.

>> I've often thought they are the people who have killed the festival
>> About two weeks ago I went into Michaels, boiling hot day, the whole
>> place was done out with Halloween Stuff - arrggh - I left a comment at
>> the checkout.

>Typically, if you're going to make stuff for a holiday you need some time
>to do it. If I were going all-out for Halloween, I might start quite soon.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

This morning it took me an hour to grind and prepare seven 12 oz
burgers, and clean up too. I love my new nuker:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/1oh0u229w/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, August 7, 2019 at 11:31:11 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 03:09:13 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 7:07:31 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> >> On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 15:28:54 -0700 (PDT), "

> >> I've often thought they are the people who have killed the festival
> >> About two weeks ago I went into Michaels, boiling hot day, the whole
> >> place was done out with Halloween Stuff - arrggh - I left a comment at
> >> the checkout.

> >Typically, if you're going to make stuff for a holiday you need some time
> >to do it. If I were going all-out for Halloween, I might start quite soon.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> This morning it took me an hour to grind and prepare seven 12 oz
> burgers, and clean up too. I love my new nuker:
> https://postimg.cc/gallery/1oh0u229w/

What on earth does that have to do with arts and crafts projects
for Halloween? Michael's is a craft store.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 7, 2019 at 11:31:11 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> > On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 03:09:13 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > > wrote:

> > >Typically, if you're going to make stuff for a holiday you need some time
> > >to do it. If I were going all-out for Halloween, I might start quite soon.
> > >
> > >Cindy Hamilton

> > This morning it took me an hour to grind and prepare seven 12 oz
> > burgers, and clean up too. I love my new nuker:
> > https://postimg.cc/gallery/1oh0u229w/

> What on earth does that have to do with arts and crafts projects
> for Halloween? Michael's is a craft store.

Well, Sheldon's burgers are "craft(ed)" so well that compared to other mystery minced hockey pucks they are might be called a work of "art"...

And microwaves can be used to produce Halloween treats and crafty artistic - type items...can they not...???

;-)

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 7, 2019 at 11:31:11 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 03:09:13 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>>> Typically, if you're going to make stuff for a holiday you need some time
>>> to do it. If I were going all-out for Halloween, I might start quite soon.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> This morning it took me an hour to grind and prepare seven 12 oz
>> burgers, and clean up too. I love my new nuker:
>> https://postimg.cc/gallery/1oh0u229w/

> What on earth does that have to do with arts and crafts projects
> for Halloween? Michael's is a craft store.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Popeye probably started on the Crystal palace right after breakfast.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/7/2019 12:49 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 7, 2019 at 11:31:11 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 03:09:13 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>>> Typically, if you're going to make stuff for a holiday you need some time
>>> to do it. If I were going all-out for Halloween, I might start quite soon.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> This morning it took me an hour to grind and prepare seven 12 oz
>> burgers, and clean up too. I love my new nuker:
>> https://postimg.cc/gallery/1oh0u229w/

> What on earth does that have to do with arts and crafts projects
> for Halloween? Michael's is a craft store.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Maybe the trick or treaters will be getting nuked burgers this year.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, August 7, 2019 at 6:49:59 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> What on earth does that have to do with arts and crafts projects
> for Halloween? Michael's is a craft store.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

It's a part of the hand-crafted, artisan, foodie movement. The microwave is part of the movement towards small, Chinese, hand-crafted microwave appliances.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/6/2019 8:24 AM, wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Aug 2019 20:53:55 +1000, Bruce >
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 02:54:24 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>>> "Civic Holiday" is such a bland descriptor. Did it used to be called
>>> something else?

>> Christmas is called "Non-denominational Holiday" in Canada.

<yawn> "Civic Holiday CDN" is even noted on my USian wall calendar.

> Strange that, I have lived in Canada 52 years and have never heard it
> called that.

That's because Bruce is a troll and knows perfectly well this has
nothing to do with denomimational anything.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/6/2019 9:25 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-08-06 8:32 a.m., Gary wrote:
>> Bruce wrote:
>>> Christmas is called "Non-denominational Holiday" in Canada.

>> All this PC nonsense has gone way overboard these days.
>>

> That may be, but Brucie has also gone a little overboard.

Yep! Because your post has nothing to do with Christmas or
denominational or non-denominational anything. Civic Holiday. He
should look it up.

I'm glad you enjoyed your shrimp dinner.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/6/2019 10:15 AM, Gary wrote:
> wrote:

>>> All this PC nonsense has gone way overboard these days.

>> He is down under in Oz, it's called Christmas where I have lived in
>> Canada for 52 years!

> WHEW! We should never turn so "correct" as to rename a popular
> holiday just because other religions complain. Screw them.
>
> Note: as you might remember, I dated a Jehovah's Witness once. Oh
> man, they had a huge problem with Christmas. She wouldn't even
> come to my house that day because we celebrated it (not in a
> religious way though). That's when I realized that the
> relationship would never work.

Bruce is deflecting again, Gary. Dave's post is about what he cooked
and it happens to be Civic Holiday in Canada. Dave marinated and cooked
some shrimp.

There are hypocrites in any religion. My middle brother dated a
Jehovah's Witness for a while. She allegedly didn't celebrate
Christmas. She kept telling him so. Then she got ****ed off at him
when he didn't give her a Christmas present. Gee, you can't have your
cake and eat it too.

Back to the shrimp. I'm glad Dave and his wife enjoyed it on this
non-denominational holiday. I think I'd find the marinade which
includes ketchup and Worcestershire to overwhelm the shrimp. Garlic,
butter and a little lemon is more my style. I'm glad they enjoyed it,
though. Doesn't matter which holiday it is.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 19:51:26 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 8/6/2019 9:25 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> All this PC nonsense has gone way overboard these days.
>>>

>> That may be, but Brucie has also gone a little overboard.

>Yep! Because your post has nothing to do with Christmas or
>denominational or non-denominational anything. Civic Holiday. He
>should look it up.

I was joking, silly.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 20:00:11 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 8/6/2019 10:15 AM, Gary wrote:
>>
>> WHEW! We should never turn so "correct" as to rename a popular
>> holiday just because other religions complain. Screw them.
>>
>> Note: as you might remember, I dated a Jehovah's Witness once. Oh
>> man, they had a huge problem with Christmas. She wouldn't even
>> come to my house that day because we celebrated it (not in a
>> religious way though). That's when I realized that the
>> relationship would never work.
>>

>Bruce is deflecting again, Gary. Dave's post is about what he cooked
>and it happens to be Civic Holiday in Canada. Dave marinated and cooked
>some shrimp.

Jill, you have to stop talking and thinking about me. You can do it!

>There are hypocrites in any religion. My middle brother dated a
>Jehovah's Witness for a while. She allegedly didn't celebrate
>Christmas. She kept telling him so. Then she got ****ed off at him
>when he didn't give her a Christmas present. Gee, you can't have your
>cake and eat it too.

Didn't you say this thread was about what Dave cooked? Stop deflecting
then.

>Back to the shrimp.

Finally!

>I'm glad Dave and his wife enjoyed it on this
>non-denominational holiday. I think I'd find the marinade which
>includes ketchup and Worcestershire to overwhelm the shrimp. Garlic,
>butter and a little lemon is more my style. I'm glad they enjoyed it,
>though. Doesn't matter which holiday it is.

It was Civic Holiday. That's a Canadian holiday.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 19:45:32 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 8/6/2019 8:24 AM, wrote:
>> On Tue, 06 Aug 2019 20:53:55 +1000, Bruce >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 02:54:24 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>>> Christmas is called "Non-denominational Holiday" in Canada.

><yawn> "Civic Holiday CDN" is even noted on my USian wall calendar.
>
>> Strange that, I have lived in Canada 52 years and have never heard it
>> called that.
>>

>That's because Bruce is a troll and knows perfectly well this has
>nothing to do with denomimational anything.

Maybe he needs a job, learn to make real life friends or perhaps even
volunteer some of his time to support his community as a more
productive outlet, instead of using RFC as a self-imposed day care
centre.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>There are hypocrites in any religion. My middle brother dated a
>Jehovah's Witness for a while. She allegedly didn't celebrate
>Christmas. She kept telling him so. Then she got ****ed off at him
>when he didn't give her a Christmas present.

LOL, that amused me more than it should have for some reason

But yes, all religions have their hypocrites of course. Humans nature
is human nature. Plenty of Buddhist monks own the latest iphones, or
been caught selling meth, amongst other delightful activities.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/8/2019 9:26 PM, Je�us wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 20:00:11 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> There are hypocrites in any religion. My middle brother dated a
>> Jehovah's Witness for a while. She allegedly didn't celebrate
>> Christmas. She kept telling him so. Then she got ****ed off at him
>> when he didn't give her a Christmas present.

> LOL, that amused me more than it should have for some reason

It amused me more to realize she was pretty much a slut. I have no idea
why she kept telling everyone she was a Jehovah's Witness.

> But yes, all religions have their hypocrites of course. Humans nature
> is human nature. Plenty of Buddhist monks own the latest iphones, or
> been caught selling meth, amongst other delightful activities.

Baptists (allegedly) don't drink or dance. I'm told they show up for
church on Sunday morning and wink and nod, nope, didn't see you out last
night.

At any rate, Dave made some marinated shrimp. Doesn't matter about the
name of the holiday. It's not a religious holiday.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/8/2019 9:23 PM, Je�us wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 19:45:32 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 8/6/2019 8:24 AM, wrote:

>> <yawn> "Civic Holiday CDN" is even noted on my USian wall calendar.
>>
>>> Strange that, I have lived in Canada 52 years and have never heard it
>>> called that.
>>>

>> That's because Bruce is a troll and knows perfectly well this has
>> nothing to do with denomimational anything.

> Maybe he needs a job, learn to make real life friends or perhaps even
> volunteer some of his time to support his community as a more
> productive outlet, instead of using RFC as a self-imposed day care
> centre.

He doesn't have anything better to do. He deflects, changes course,
tries to turn it from a thread about FOOD into a question about holidays.

Dave cooked shrimp. Shall we discuss that?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 21:45:27 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 8/8/2019 9:23 PM, Je?us wrote:
>> On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 19:45:32 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> <yawn> "Civic Holiday CDN" is even noted on my USian wall calendar.

>>> That's because Bruce is a troll and knows perfectly well this has
>>> nothing to do with denomimational anything.

>> Maybe he needs a job, learn to make real life friends or perhaps even
>> volunteer some of his time to support his community as a more
>> productive outlet, instead of using RFC as a self-imposed day care
>> centre.
>>

>He doesn't have anything better to do. He deflects, changes course,
>tries to turn it from a thread about FOOD into a question about holidays.

A quote from Jill, in this "shrimp" thread:

>There are hypocrites in any religion. My middle brother dated a
>Jehovah's Witness for a while. She allegedly didn't celebrate
>Christmas. She kept telling him so. Then she got ****ed off at him
>when he didn't give her a Christmas present. Gee, you can't have your
>cake and eat it too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 09 Aug 2019 11:26:39 +1000, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 20:00:11 -0400, jmcquown >
>wrote:
>
>>There are hypocrites in any religion. My middle brother dated a
>>Jehovah's Witness for a while. She allegedly didn't celebrate
>>Christmas. She kept telling him so. Then she got ****ed off at him
>>when he didn't give her a Christmas present.

>LOL, that amused me more than it should have for some reason
>
>But yes, all religions have their hypocrites of course. Humans nature
>is human nature. Plenty of Buddhist monks own the latest iphones, or
>been caught selling meth, amongst other delightful activities.

And little Tasmanian hobby farmers? Can they be hypocrites too?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 21:35:02 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 8/8/2019 9:26 PM, Je?us wrote:
>> On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 20:00:11 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> There are hypocrites in any religion. My middle brother dated a
>>> Jehovah's Witness for a while. She allegedly didn't celebrate
>>> Christmas. She kept telling him so. Then she got ****ed off at him
>>> when he didn't give her a Christmas present.

>> LOL, that amused me more than it should have for some reason
>>

>It amused me more to realize she was pretty much a slut. I have no idea
>why she kept telling everyone she was a Jehovah's Witness.

I thought you desperately wanted this thread to be about food.

>> But yes, all religions have their hypocrites of course. Humans nature
>> is human nature. Plenty of Buddhist monks own the latest iphones, or
>> been caught selling meth, amongst other delightful activities.
>>

>Baptists (allegedly) don't drink or dance. I'm told they show up for
>church on Sunday morning and wink and nod, nope, didn't see you out last
>night.

FOOD, Jill, you wanted to talk about FOOD.

>At any rate, Dave made some marinated shrimp. Doesn't matter about the
>name of the holiday. It's not a religious holiday.

How often do I have to say it? You wanted FOOD! Enough about the
holidays!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 5:41:52 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> No we don't. It may be PC to say Happy Holidays, but most people I know
> prefer Merry Christmas. I am not Christian, but it is Christmas to me.

I like to say "Meri Kurisumasu" as much as the next American but I'm not adverse to calling it "Paid Holiday #5" if that's what it takes to fill people with the Paid Holiday #5 spirit of good cheer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=005k...=RD005kh2-GFAM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-08-08 9:35 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 8/8/2019 9:26 PM, Je�us wrote:
>
>> But yes, all religions have their hypocrites of course. Humans nature
>> is human nature. Plenty of Buddhist monks own the latest iphones, or
>> been caught selling meth, amongst other delightful activities.
>>

> Baptists (allegedly) don't drink or dance.Â* I'm told they show up for
> church on Sunday morning and wink and nod, nope, didn't see you out last
> night

OJ

The difference between the major religions.:

Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah,
Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the head of the church,
Protestants do not recognize each other in the liquor store.

> At any rate, Dave made some marinated shrimp.Â* Doesn't matter about the
> name of the holiday.Â* It's not a religious holiday.

And they were fantastic ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 23:07:08 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>The difference between the major religions.:
>
>Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah,
>Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the head of the church,

I guess Hindus and Buddhists need to get their numbers up to qualify
as a major religion?

>Protestants do not recognize each other in the liquor store.

Or the whorehouse.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 8/8/2019 9:26 PM, Je?us wrote:
>> On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 20:00:11 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> There are hypocrites in any religion. My middle brother dated a
>>> Jehovah's Witness for a while. She allegedly didn't celebrate
>>> Christmas. She kept telling him so. Then she got ****ed off at him
>>> when he didn't give her a Christmas present.

>> LOL, that amused me more than it should have for some reason
>>

>It amused me more to realize she was pretty much a slut. I have no idea
>why she kept telling everyone she was a Jehovah's Witness.

It can be strange what some people's perceptions might be, for some
reason she might have thought it important to keep up the facade... or
it just made the sex all the more enjoyable.

>> But yes, all religions have their hypocrites of course. Humans nature
>> is human nature. Plenty of Buddhist monks own the latest iphones, or
>> been caught selling meth, amongst other delightful activities.
>>

>Baptists (allegedly) don't drink or dance. I'm told they show up for
>church on Sunday morning and wink and nod, nope, didn't see you out last
>night.

>At any rate, Dave made some marinated shrimp. Doesn't matter about the
>name of the holiday. It's not a religious holiday.

I vote we name the day St Crustacean's Day in honour of Daves shrimpy
goodness.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 8/8/2019 9:23 PM, Je?us wrote:
>> On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 19:45:32 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> <yawn> "Civic Holiday CDN" is even noted on my USian wall calendar.

>>> That's because Bruce is a troll and knows perfectly well this has
>>> nothing to do with denomimational anything.

>> Maybe he needs a job, learn to make real life friends or perhaps even
>> volunteer some of his time to support his community as a more
>> productive outlet, instead of using RFC as a self-imposed day care
>> centre.
>>

>He doesn't have anything better to do. He deflects, changes course,
>tries to turn it from a thread about FOOD into a question about holidays.

Classic troll behavior (especially with the nym-shifting) but probably
doesn't even fully realise it. It seems to me he ramps it up when he
perceives that he has been slighted or insulted somehow. Whatever you
once said to him, it must have been good because he's sure obsessed
about you ever since

>Dave cooked shrimp. Shall we discuss that?

Yes. We can do that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 11:07:12 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-08-08 9:35 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> > On 8/8/2019 9:26 PM, Je�us wrote:
> >
> >> But yes, all religions have their hypocrites of course. Humans nature
> >> is human nature. Plenty of Buddhist monks own the latest iphones, or
> >> been caught selling meth, amongst other delightful activities.
> >>

> > Baptists (allegedly) don't drink or dance.Â* I'm told they show up for
> > church on Sunday morning and wink and nod, nope, didn't see you out last
> > night

> OJ
>

> The difference between the major religions.:
>
> Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah,
> Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the head of the church,
> Protestants do not recognize each other in the liquor store.

I always heard it as

Baptists do not recognize each other in the liquor store.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 8/6/2019 8:24 AM, wrote:
>> On Tue, 06 Aug 2019 20:53:55 +1000, Bruce >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 02:54:24 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>>> Christmas is called "Non-denominational Holiday" in Canada.

><yawn> "Civic Holiday CDN" is even noted on my USian wall calendar.

If that was marked the other day, August 8, that would be correct. It
is a Civic Holiday, for us in Halifax we call it Natal Day and there
are parades, fireworks etc. I don't know what other towns call it, it
varies across the country, which is why calendars use the generic
Civic Holiday. However, despite your wide knowledge, it is not listed
as Civic Holiday for December 25 - I just checked my Canadian Wildlife
Calendar and it says Christmas Day.

>> Strange that, I have lived in Canada 52 years and have never heard it
>> called that.
>>

>That's because Bruce is a troll and knows perfectly well this has
>nothing to do with denomimational anything.
>
>Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 09 Aug 2019 11:51:17 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 21:45:27 -0400, jmcquown >
>wrote:
>
>>On 8/8/2019 9:23 PM, Je?us wrote:

>>> Maybe he needs a job, learn to make real life friends or perhaps even
>>> volunteer some of his time to support his community as a more
>>> productive outlet, instead of using RFC as a self-imposed day care
>>> centre.
>>>

>>He doesn't have anything better to do. He deflects, changes course,
>>tries to turn it from a thread about FOOD into a question about holidays.

>A quote from Jill, in this "shrimp" thread:
>
>>There are hypocrites in any religion. My middle brother dated a
>>Jehovah's Witness for a while. She allegedly didn't celebrate
>>Christmas. She kept telling him so. Then she got ****ed off at him
>>when he didn't give her a Christmas present. Gee, you can't have your
>>cake and eat it too.

She's allowed to be off subject when she chooses, but the same
privilege is not accorded to other people. I think she is annoyed
currently, maybe the SO didn't show up when he promised.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>><yawn> "Civic Holiday CDN" is even noted on my USian wall calendar.

>If that was marked the other day, August 8, that would be correct. It
>is a Civic Holiday, for us in Halifax we call it Natal Day and there
>are parades, fireworks etc. I don't know what other towns call it, it
>varies across the country, which is why calendars use the generic
>Civic Holiday. However, despite your wide knowledge, it is not listed
>as Civic Holiday for December 25 - I just checked my Canadian Wildlife
>Calendar and it says Christmas Day.

Lol, I think you misunderstood what Jill was yawning, I mean saying.

Holiday dinner plans? jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 21 22-12-2012 08:32 AM
Holiday dinner plans? Tara General Cooking 8 21-12-2012 04:37 PM
Holiday dinner #1 Steve Pope General Cooking 1 20-12-2008 09:50 PM
Holiday dinner wines Bi!! Wine 5 13-12-2007 10:42 PM
need help with holiday dinner Kim Combs General Cooking 1 13-12-2003 12:19 AM