Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Holiday dinner #1

We're only planning two dinners this year and the first
will be as follows:

Crab cocktail (Dungeness, w/ conventional cocktail sauce)

Fresh papparadelle (1/2 porcini, 1/2 buckwheat) w/ puttanseca sauce

Pastured pork loin chop, brined, broiled (electric broiler),
with a side salad of arugula/upland cress/spinach

Dessert TBD (being brought by one of the guests)

If anyone sees any errors or omissions, or opportunities for
fine-tuning, let me know. I'm going to use less anchovy
than I often do in the puttanesca, so as not to overpower
anything else.

Wine will probably be Champagne, then Aglianico.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> We're only planning two dinners this year and the first
> will be as follows:
>
> Crab cocktail (Dungeness, w/ conventional cocktail sauce)
>
> Fresh papparadelle (1/2 porcini, 1/2 buckwheat) w/ puttanseca sauce
>
> Pastured pork loin chop, brined, broiled (electric broiler),
> with a side salad of arugula/upland cress/spinach
>
> Dessert TBD (being brought by one of the guests)
>
> If anyone sees any errors or omissions, or opportunities for
> fine-tuning, let me know. I'm going to use less anchovy
> than I often do in the puttanesca, so as not to overpower
> anything else.
>
> Wine will probably be Champagne, then Aglianico.
>
> Steve

I have 2 going also.

The first is the "Traditional Ham", red cabbage, beans, potatoes, & green
beans,

The second is going to be a smoked turkey - I think I'll put a pork butt in
the smoker to take advantage of the heat and make some pulled pork for New
Years Day -

On New Years Day I think I'll keep the pork warm and ready in the crock pot.

Dimitri.

(desperately trying not to sample the Jerky in the smoker)

Holiday dinner plans? jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 19 24-12-2012 02:32 AM
Holiday Dinner notes Bi!! Wine 0 08-12-2008 03:18 PM
Holiday dinner wines Bi!! Wine 5 13-12-2007 10:42 PM
Holiday Dinner Tonight Margaret Suran General Cooking 20 03-02-2006 05:07 AM
need help with holiday dinner Kim Combs General Cooking 1 13-12-2003 12:19 AM