Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A pretty darn good mustard...

On Friday, May 31, 2019 at 5:05:18 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Fri, 31 May 2019 11:30:17 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
> >On 5/30/2019 3:09 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> >> at the supermarket yesterday I was reaching for a container of whole
> >> milk when I realized the one I was ready to pick up said 'gluten
> >> free.' I put it back. No need to spend extra money on such
> >> silliness.
> >> Janet US
> >>

> >Okay, that's a new one. Gluten free milk? I googled and got this:
> >
> >"Most milk and many dairy-based products are gluten-free, but as always,
> >there are exceptions. Plain milk€”regardless of whether it's regular,
> >skim or even heavy cream€”is gluten-free."
> >
> >So, they're slapping a label on milk and probably raising the price just
> >so they can claim it's "gluten free". I sincerely doubt most people
> >have to worry about gluten content in milk. Except for the nuts who
> >like to jump on bandwagons.
> >
> >Jill

> Actually No its not. Have you ever read the ingredients of different
> dairy products? Also it is all about packaging. I have drank whole
> milk and had a reaction to it. Also for the 2% and fat free or
> buttermilk, or any milk that goes through a process of being changed
> converted that includes pasteurization or any other process it
> increases the risk of being cross contaminated with gluten, especially
> if it is processed in a facility that makes and other products that
> contain wheat or rye flour

Let's look at this rationally for just a moment.

You have problems with gluten. You come to rec.food.cooking and
whine and proselytize about it. We can't do a damned thing about
gluten in foods. All you're doing is ****ing people off.

I'm sure you enjoy the attention, but why don't you just post your
recipes and talk about food? We'll all get along much better
that way.

Or you could find a nice gluten-free forum somewhere and post there.
I'm sure they would be much more receptive to your posts, and you
would get sympathy and perhaps some useful tips on genuine gluten-free
foods. There's something for everybody on the Internet.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

from Medscape

"Dietary fat, whether saturated or not, is not a cause of obesity,
heart disease, or any other chronic disease of civilization."
"Obesity is a disorder of excess fat accumulation, not overeating, and
not sedentary behavior."
"Consuming excess calories does not cause us to grow fatter, any more
than it causes a child to grow taller."
"Expending more energy than we consume does not lead to long-term
weight loss; it leads to hunger."
"Fattening and obesity are caused by an imbalance€”a disequilibrium€”in
the hormonal regulation of adipose tissue and fat metabolism. Fat
synthesis and storage exceed the mobilization of fat from the adipose
tissue and its subsequent oxidation. We become leaner when the
hormonal regulation of the fat tissue reverses this balance."
"Insulin is the primary regulator of fat storage. When insulin levels
are elevated€”either chronically or after a meal€”we accumulate fat in
our fat tissue. When insulin levels fall, we release fat from our fat
tissue and use it for fuel."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 May 2019 21:11:33 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:

>In article >,
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 31 May 2019 19:29:37 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
>> > wrote:

>> >What does gluten indifference have to do with prejudice?

>> You do know what prejudice means right?

>QED
>
>leo

No sorry that is not what it means... care to try again?

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 May 2019 21:00:29 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, May 31, 2019 at 8:52:04 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>>
>> wow are you saying that no dairy facility makes milk shakes ?
>>

>Dairy Queens yes, creameries that pasteurize milk, produce butter, heavy
>cream, etc., no.

Wow I guess you have never ever heard of that pre made milkshakes that
are sold in powder form. I know that Borden used to make them, I am
sure others do I just am not going to look it up for you

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2019 8:43 AM, Gary wrote:
> wrote:
>>
>> Well when you go to the store and buy a jar of mayo, mustard, peanut
>> butter, jelly, whip cream, pasta sauce, ice cream (plain vanilla), and
>> 2% gallon of milk then get home after reading the ingredients and
>> seeing that there is no wheat barley or rye in any of those product
>> then you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on a toasted corn
>> tortilla then later have a reaction because the peanut butter and
>> jelly are contaminated so you have to throw those away and then three
>> weeks later with the symptoms go away you decide to have a bowl of ice
>> cream only to realize after you have a reaction that it is
>> contaminated and have to throw it away and same goes for the
>> mayo,mustard, whip cream, and pasta sauce... So now you are broke and
>> ****ing starving.
>>
>> So you tell me where the problem is?

> Dude, you need to hook up with Julie. A match made on earth.

LOL, Gary! I'm trying to wrap my mind around making a peanut butter and
jelly sandwich using a toasted corn tortilla. I'm willing to try a lot
of food things but that combo doesn't sound remotely good.

I gather he doesn't have a problem with corn gluten.

I don't have any food intolerances or allergies. Gluten? Don't care.
I've notice the increased number of gluten-free labels when I shop. I
find it amusing. The label doesn't make me more interested in buying a
particular product.

It's very *freeing* when you don't have to worry about every little
thing you could possibly ingest, even in minute amounts.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 01 Jun 2019 07:58:24 -0500,
wrote:

>On Fri, 31 May 2019 21:00:29 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:
>
>>On Friday, May 31, 2019 at 8:52:04 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>>>
>>> wow are you saying that no dairy facility makes milk shakes ?
>>>

>>Dairy Queens yes, creameries that pasteurize milk, produce butter, heavy
>>cream, etc., no.

>Wow I guess you have never ever heard of that pre made milkshakes that
>are sold in powder form. I know that Borden used to make them, I am
>sure others do I just am not going to look it up for you

maybe this will help.
Cows make milk in their bodies. The farmer attaches suction cups to
the cows to get the milk from their bodies. A big milk tanker truck
comes by the farm and gets the milk from the farmer. The truck takes
all the milk to a processing facility (called a dairy plant) where the
milk is pasteurized and de-fatted if necessary. The milk is then put
into bottles or cartons. These bottles or cartons are sent to the
supermarket and you buy the milk there.
No powdered products are made at the processing plant. No cheese is
made at any time with this equipment.
Bordens is a 'distributor' of dairy related products. They contract
with milk producers and cheese producers and sweet thing producers to
label their goods with the name Bordens. The different products are
produced in different plants (factories) devoted to making that
particular item. The sweet powdered treat can certainly be made
somewhere contamination from grains is possible. That factory is a
whole different thing from milk production. If you think about it, it
doesn't even make sense. The equipment involved is so different that
knocking it down and setting it up to do those two different tasks
would take months to do.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-05-31 10:06 p.m., U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>> They let cows graze in wheat, barley and rye fields?????????????????????

> I'm not too sure that you can't absorb gluten from the air you
> breathe. After all, the breeze is flowing over thousands of acres of
> wheat fields

FWIW I was told by a local baker that they source their gluten free
products because they can't ensure that it is not contaminated by other
products they are making.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-05-31 10:29 p.m., Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> In article >,
> > wrote:
>
>> Actually putting gluten free will scare more people off, those such as
>> the ones in this group because you are prejudiced and you think it
>> will taste different

> What does gluten indifference have to do with prejudice? Deal with your
> personal issue. I support your right to be gluten free. Make sure you
> are. That's on you. I don't care.

It has nothing to do with it. The guy is an idiot to suggest it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2019 9:40 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Jun 2019 07:58:24 -0500,
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 31 May 2019 21:00:29 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>>> Dairy Queens yes, creameries that pasteurize milk, produce butter, heavy
>>> cream, etc., no.

>> Wow I guess you have never ever heard of that pre made milkshakes that
>> are sold in powder form. I know that Borden used to make them, I am
>> sure others do I just am not going to look it up for you
>>

> maybe this will help.
> Cows make milk in their bodies. The farmer attaches suction cups to
> the cows to get the milk from their bodies. A big milk tanker truck
> comes by the farm and gets the milk from the farmer. The truck takes
> all the milk to a processing facility (called a dairy plant) where the
> milk is pasteurized and de-fatted if necessary. The milk is then put
> into bottles or cartons. These bottles or cartons are sent to the
> supermarket and you buy the milk there.
> No powdered products are made at the processing plant. No cheese is
> made at any time with this equipment.
> Bordens is a 'distributor' of dairy related products. They contract
> with milk producers and cheese producers and sweet thing producers to
> label their goods with the name Bordens. The different products are
> produced in different plants (factories) devoted to making that
> particular item. The sweet powdered treat can certainly be made
> somewhere contamination from grains is possible. That factory is a
> whole different thing from milk production. If you think about it, it
> doesn't even make sense. The equipment involved is so different that
> knocking it down and setting it up to do those two different tasks
> would take months to do.

JanetB, why on earth would you post something that makes sense?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-01 12:06 a.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, May 31, 2019 at 3:50:06 PM UTC-10,
> wrote:

>> Actually putting gluten free will scare more people off, those such
>> as the ones in this group because you are prejudiced and you think
>> it will taste different
>>
>> --
>>
>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

> I'm no marketing guru but I'm pretty sure that using words on
> packaging that would scare off and/or discourage people from
> purchasing a product is not commonly practiced anywhere on this
> planet. "Gluten-free" does not scare people, you just been hanging
> around here for too long. This group should be called
> scared.food.cooking.

Gluten free will not scare people away from most products. Hopefully,
most people know that some products are naturally gluten, like most
fruits and vegetables, oats and corn. Sticking a label will attract
people who are trying to eat gluten free but don't realize that those
things were gluten free before labels were invented.

I see no reason to eat gluten free. I have tried breads and baked goods
that were gluten free. No thanks, I would rather eat the gluten.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 10:22:58 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 6/1/2019 9:40 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Sat, 01 Jun 2019 07:58:24 -0500,
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, 31 May 2019 21:00:29 -0700 (PDT), "

>>> Wow I guess you have never ever heard of that pre made milkshakes that
>>> are sold in powder form. I know that Borden used to make them, I am
>>> sure others do I just am not going to look it up for you
>>>

>> maybe this will help.
>> Cows make milk in their bodies. The farmer attaches suction cups to
>> the cows to get the milk from their bodies. A big milk tanker truck
>> comes by the farm and gets the milk from the farmer. The truck takes
>> all the milk to a processing facility (called a dairy plant) where the
>> milk is pasteurized and de-fatted if necessary. The milk is then put
>> into bottles or cartons. These bottles or cartons are sent to the
>> supermarket and you buy the milk there.
>> No powdered products are made at the processing plant. No cheese is
>> made at any time with this equipment.
>> Bordens is a 'distributor' of dairy related products. They contract
>> with milk producers and cheese producers and sweet thing producers to
>> label their goods with the name Bordens. The different products are
>> produced in different plants (factories) devoted to making that
>> particular item. The sweet powdered treat can certainly be made
>> somewhere contamination from grains is possible. That factory is a
>> whole different thing from milk production. If you think about it, it
>> doesn't even make sense. The equipment involved is so different that
>> knocking it down and setting it up to do those two different tasks
>> would take months to do.
>>

>JanetB, why on earth would you post something that makes sense?
>
>Jill

as soon as she does let me know.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 10:21:04 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-05-31 10:06 p.m., U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>
>>> They let cows graze in wheat, barley and rye fields?????????????????????

>> I'm not too sure that you can't absorb gluten from the air you
>> breathe. After all, the breeze is flowing over thousands of acres of
>> wheat fields
>>

>FWIW I was told by a local baker that they source their gluten free
>products because they can't ensure that it is not contaminated by other
>products they are making.

Thank you.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 09:37:47 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 6/1/2019 8:43 AM, Gary wrote:
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Well when you go to the store and buy a jar of mayo, mustard, peanut
>>> butter, jelly, whip cream, pasta sauce, ice cream (plain vanilla), and
>>> 2% gallon of milk then get home after reading the ingredients and
>>> seeing that there is no wheat barley or rye in any of those product
>>> then you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on a toasted corn
>>> tortilla then later have a reaction because the peanut butter and
>>> jelly are contaminated so you have to throw those away and then three
>>> weeks later with the symptoms go away you decide to have a bowl of ice
>>> cream only to realize after you have a reaction that it is
>>> contaminated and have to throw it away and same goes for the
>>> mayo,mustard, whip cream, and pasta sauce... So now you are broke and
>>> ****ing starving.
>>>
>>> So you tell me where the problem is?

>> Dude, you need to hook up with Julie. A match made on earth.
>>

>LOL, Gary! I'm trying to wrap my mind around making a peanut butter and
>jelly sandwich using a toasted corn tortilla. I'm willing to try a lot
>of food things but that combo doesn't sound remotely good.
>
>I gather he doesn't have a problem with corn gluten.

We buy mostly flour tortillas, we like them for 'wraps', but we're not
concerned about gluten. However large food plants can be producing
many products utilizing many different ingredients... large dairies
often produce ice cream to save transportation costs so will have many
flavoring ingredients on the premises, like nuts and grains.

>I don't have any food intolerances or allergies. Gluten? Don't care.
>I've notice the increased number of gluten-free labels when I shop. I
>find it amusing. The label doesn't make me more interested in buying a
>particular product.
>
>It's very *freeing* when you don't have to worry about every little
>thing you could possibly ingest, even in minute amounts.
>
>Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-01 8:21 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-05-31 10:06 p.m., U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>
>>> They let cows graze in wheat, barley and rye fields?????????????????????

>> I'm not too sure that you can't absorb gluten from the air you
>> breathe.Â* After all, the breeze is flowing over thousands of acres of
>> wheat fields
>>

> FWIW I was told by a local baker that they source their gluten free
> products because they can't ensure that it is not contaminated by other
> products they are making.

I know a little boy who has just been diagnosed as a coeliac. His
parents have had to replace any scratched non-stick pan as his
sensitivity is measured in ppm!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 12:48:53 PM UTC-4, graham wrote:

> >> I'm not too sure that you can't absorb gluten from the air you
> >> breathe.Â* After all, the breeze is flowing over thousands of acres of
> >> wheat fields
> >>

> > FWIW I was told by a local baker that they source their gluten free
> > products because they can't ensure that it is not contaminated by other
> > products they are making.

> I know a little boy who has just been diagnosed as a coeliac. His
> parents have had to replace any scratched non-stick pan as his
> sensitivity is measured in ppm!!!

And the operative word here is "diagnosed". Not "I read it on the Internet".

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in message ...

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 10:21:04 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-05-31 10:06 p.m., U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>
>>> They let cows graze in wheat, barley and rye fields?????????????????????

>> I'm not too sure that you can't absorb gluten from the air you
>> breathe. After all, the breeze is flowing over thousands of acres of
>> wheat fields
>>

>FWIW I was told by a local baker that they source their gluten free
>products because they can't ensure that it is not contaminated by other
>products they are making.

Thank you.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

===

All the supermarket that I know here, have dedicated aisles for gluten
free products. If I can't find something I want, I take some from that
aisle if I see it)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 7:28:34 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> All the supermarket that I know here, have dedicated aisles for gluten
> free products. If I can't find something I want, I take some from that
> aisle if I see it)

My understanding is that the gluten-free labeling will scare some folks off so they'll do anything to avoid going down those aisles. I'm not afraid to pass in front of gluten-free products. In fact, I like to whistle a cheerful tune when walking pass to show my complete ease with them. The key words here are "walking pass." Hee hee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-01 10:53 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 12:48:53 PM UTC-4, graham wrote:

>>> FWIW I was told by a local baker that they source their gluten free
>>> products because they can't ensure that it is not contaminated by other
>>> products they are making.

>> I know a little boy who has just been diagnosed as a coeliac. His
>> parents have had to replace any scratched non-stick pan as his
>> sensitivity is measured in ppm!!!

> And the operative word here is "diagnosed". Not "I read it on the Internet".
>
> Cindy Hamilton

It's obviously genetic as 2 of his aunts and at least one of his cousins
are also coeliacs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 7:58:32 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Fri, 31 May 2019 21:00:29 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, May 31, 2019 at 8:52:04 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> >>
> >> wow are you saying that no dairy facility makes milk shakes ?
> >>

> >Dairy Queens yes, creameries that pasteurize milk, produce butter, heavy
> >cream, etc., no.

> Wow I guess you have never ever heard of that pre made milkshakes that
> are sold in powder form. I know that Borden used to make them, I am
> sure others do I just am not going to look it up for you

You originally said dairies specifically. But I'm still guessing those
powdered milkshakes were not made at a dairy/creamery. If you don't have proof, you're just blowing smoke.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 11:53:50 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 12:48:53 PM UTC-4, graham wrote:
> >
> > I know a little boy who has just been diagnosed as a coeliac. His
> > parents have had to replace any scratched non-stick pan as his
> > sensitivity is measured in ppm!!!

> And the operative word here is "diagnosed". Not "I read it on the Internet".
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Correct! Diagnosed by a d o c t o r and not self-diagnosed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 7:28:34 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> All the supermarket that I know here, have dedicated aisles for
> gluten
> free products. If I can't find something I want, I take some from that
> aisle if I see it)

My understanding is that the gluten-free labeling will scare some folks off
so they'll do anything to avoid going down those aisles. I'm not afraid to
pass in front of gluten-free products. In fact, I like to whistle a cheerful
tune when walking pass to show my complete ease with them. The key words
here are "walking pass." Hee hee.

==

LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 11:39:47 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 7:58:32 AM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On Fri, 31 May 2019 21:00:29 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>> >Dairy Queens yes, creameries that pasteurize milk, produce butter, heavy
>> >cream, etc., no.

>> Wow I guess you have never ever heard of that pre made milkshakes that
>> are sold in powder form. I know that Borden used to make them, I am
>> sure others do I just am not going to look it up for you
>>

>You originally said dairies specifically. But I'm still guessing those
>powdered milkshakes were not made at a dairy/creamery. If you don't have proof, you're just blowing smoke.

He doesn't understand the word dairy. To him it means someplace where
you go to get milkshakes, ice cream cones and burgers.

this is Wikipediia definition of dairy
"A dairy is a business enterprise established for the harvesting or
processing (or both) of animal milk – mostly from cows or goats, but
also from buffaloes, sheep, horses, or camels – for human consumption.
A dairy is typically located on a dedicated dairy farm or in a section
of a multi-purpose farm (mixed farm) that is concerned with the
harvesting of milk."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. > wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 11:39:47 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 7:58:32 AM UTC-5, wrote:
>>> On Fri, 31 May 2019 21:00:29 -0700 (PDT), "

>>> Wow I guess you have never ever heard of that pre made milkshakes that
>>> are sold in powder form. I know that Borden used to make them, I am
>>> sure others do I just am not going to look it up for you
>>>

>> You originally said dairies specifically. But I'm still guessing those
>> powdered milkshakes were not made at a dairy/creamery. If you don't
>> have proof, you're just blowing smoke.

> He doesn't understand the word dairy. To him it means someplace where
> you go to get milkshakes, ice cream cones and burgers.
>
> this is Wikipediia definition of dairy
> "A dairy is a business enterprise established for the harvesting or
> processing (or both) of animal milk – mostly from cows or goats, but
> also from buffaloes, sheep, horses, or camels – for human consumption.
> A dairy is typically located on a dedicated dairy farm or in a section
> of a multi-purpose farm (mixed farm) that is concerned with the
> harvesting of milk."

You know what else he doesnt understand? Gluten.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Dude, you need to hook up with Julie. A match made on earth.
>>>

>>LOL, Gary! I'm trying to wrap my mind around making a peanut butter and
>>jelly sandwich using a toasted corn tortilla. I'm willing to try a lot
>>of food things but that combo doesn't sound remotely good.
>>
>>I gather he doesn't have a problem with corn gluten.

Was that a joke or do you think corn gluten exists?

>We buy mostly flour tortillas, we like them for 'wraps', but we're not
>concerned about gluten. However large food plants can be producing
>many products utilizing many different ingredients... large dairies
>often produce ice cream to save transportation costs so will have many
>flavoring ingredients on the premises, like nuts and grains.

People dont realize that even a bottle of pure vanilla extract can
contain gluten. The think it must get in there by magic and have no
concept of what cross contamination is.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 11:39:47 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 7:58:32 AM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On Fri, 31 May 2019 21:00:29 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>> >Dairy Queens yes, creameries that pasteurize milk, produce butter, heavy
>> >cream, etc., no.

>> Wow I guess you have never ever heard of that pre made milkshakes that
>> are sold in powder form. I know that Borden used to make them, I am
>> sure others do I just am not going to look it up for you
>>

>You originally said dairies specifically. But I'm still guessing those
>powdered milkshakes were not made at a dairy/creamery. If you don't have proof, you're just blowing smoke.

well there is ice cream that is often made there, other things like
cheese, creams, creamers, flavored creamers, flavored milks. That is
just for starters....

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> >>LOL, Gary! I'm trying to wrap my mind around making a peanut butter and
> >>jelly sandwich using a toasted corn tortilla. I'm willing to try a lot
> >>of food things but that combo doesn't sound remotely good.
> >>
> >>I gather he doesn't have a problem with corn gluten.

> Was that a joke or do you think corn gluten exists?

Corn gluten exists, but it isn't gliadin and glutenin. It's
zein and glutelin.

Interestingly, corn gluten meal is used as a weed inhibitor.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 2 Jun 2019 04:06:33 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>Corn gluten exists, but it isn't gliadin and glutenin. It's
>zein and glutelin.

Glutelins are a class of prolamin-like proteins found in the endosperm
of certain seeds of the grass family. They constitute a major
component of the protein composite collectively referred to as gluten.
Glutenin is the most common glutelin, as it is found in wheat

zein is called a corn gluten but it is does not cause any reactions in
people with sensitivities towards wheat gluten.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/31/2019 6:12 PM, wrote:
> My body purrs on gluten.

It's too bad you can't figure out how to
properly format a Usenet post, google-tard.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://imgur.com/gallery/IsMOD

>>> Dude, this is not even worth responding to, but I will say that I have
>>> made my point and you have given my point more credit, thanks.

>>Really? What did I say that helped you prove that gluten-free foods
>>are somehow more wholesome and nutritious?

>Well I was going to let this play out for a few more days just to
>**** with you, but I just can hold back telling you how much you dont
>know about this, about what gluten free means, and the standards and
>practices that are used for gluten free foods.
>
>First you should know that foods that are labeled gluten free with the
>GF logo are certified, and not just anyone can say Gluten free. When
>something is certified it means that the equipment must be certified
>as gluten free, meaning that nothing containing gluten can ever tough
>that equipment. There are also standard for the facility making and
>packaging the food. The air must be gluten free as in no free floating
>flour or other gluten containing substances will be floating through
>the air that will cause cross contamination with the food or
>packaging.
>
>So with these standards the facility will be cleaner and the air will
>most likely be filtered. The workers will be required to maintain a
>certain level of hygiene to ensure they do not bring in gluten on
>their clothes and equipment will not be shared with different products
>so there will be no chemicals or crumbs left over from a different
>product that was run on a conveyer or inside the equipment.
>
>So are they more wholesome? Well sure because they will Not be
>contaminated from other foods. The equipment and facility will be
>cleaner because it will be monitored. As far as nutrition when
>compared against food with gluten, it can be said that more people
>than realized have allergies with wheat and/or an auto immune problem
>with gluten. Gluten causes several skin problems such as Hives,
>Eczema, Psoriasis, Contact dermatitis, Seborrheic eczema, Keratosis
>pilaris, and can cause Inflammatory bowel disease, and other digestive
>problems.
>
>And to answer you question "What did I say that helped you prove that
>gluten-free foods are somehow more wholesome and nutritious? "
>You did so by not responding to what I said you just said something
>stupid which I knew that you would, just so that I could type this out
>and make you look silly."
>>
>>Lets not try and cloud the issue here with all these childish
>>comebacks you learned in Social Media Pre-school.

>How ya like me now???????????????????????
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Wow, is there an echo in here??

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 12:56:37 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> > On Tue, 28 May 2019 15:51:16 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > > wrote:

> > since I was >> >> growing up in Wisconsin. It can clear your sinus

> > haven't done >> >so already. A teaspoonful will blow your socks
> > off! >> >

> > > Much like REAL wasabi, and *******ized almost as much!

> > Have you ever had REAL wasabi?

> I love that fake wasabi so my guess is that I won't like the REAL
> wasabi as much so there's not much point in my spending a lot of time
> seeking it out. I did take a picture of some REAL wasabi though.
> Whoopie!
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...-8Q.2mAW7S5y6j
> MaaM69R1Dexq

Sticker shock for sure there!

I have had real wasabi a few times, but frankly the tin with the powder
that is regular hoseradish and coloring, works fine for me.

A lot of the time, I like 'asain seeming' (but made 100% in the USA)
that says 'wasabi mayo'. The ingredients are horseradish and a little
green food coloring to make it seem a little special. Call me silly but
I like the little touch there.

Coconut Oil is pretty darn bad, evidently [email protected] General Cooking 54 18-06-2017 06:02 PM
A pretty darn good salad Gary General Cooking 7 20-02-2016 12:30 AM
Pretty good hash Gary General Cooking 36 21-10-2015 02:56 AM
A pretty good lemonade A Moose in Love General Cooking 19 13-09-2011 06:26 AM
Darn Good Seasoning HeyRobi General Cooking 3 12-03-2005 10:21 AM