Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A pretty darn good mustard...

On Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 10:27:50 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Sale coupon so I bought one.
> Nathan's, "The Original Coney Island Deli Style Mustard."
>
> Tried it yesterday on a couple of dogs with
> Mustard, onions, relish.
> Excellent tangy taste.
>
> It reminds me of the hotdog mustard they served in large
> sports stadiums which I always loved.
>
> I'll take you back in time....In the mid-60's...Washington
> National Stadium...home baseball games featuring the "Washington
> Senators" baseball team. Star home run hitter then was Frank
> Howard.
>
> The stadium is gone now and their baseball team is now called the
> "Washington Nationals," I think.
>
> Anyway... good mustard, imo.
>
> Bruce should like the ingredient list too:
> Vinegar, water, mustard seeds, salt and turmeric.

I got Bellview yellow mustard because their vinegar has mother in it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>I know THIS guy:
>>>
>>>https://imgur.com/gallery/IsMOD

>>>Was there anything factual in there to back up your claim? Because
>>>all I heard was babble and spittle (not to be confused with bubble
>>>and squeak). I've been proving I know a lot about food and food
>>>production here on RFC for 25 years. You've only been proving
>>>you're a childish, ignorant, hypochondriac, conspiracy nut, piece of
>>>shit here for 5 months.

>> Dude, this is not even worth responding to, but I will say that I have
>> made my point and you have given my point more credit, thanks.

>Really? What did I say that helped you prove that gluten-free foods
>are somehow more wholesome and nutritious?
>
>Lets not try and cloud the issue here with all these childish
>comebacks you learned in Social Media Pre-school.
>
>-sw

at the supermarket yesterday I was reaching for a container of whole
milk when I realized the one I was ready to pick up said 'gluten
free.' I put it back. No need to spend extra money on such
silliness.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>I know THIS guy:
>>>
>>>https://imgur.com/gallery/IsMOD

>>>Was there anything factual in there to back up your claim? Because
>>>all I heard was babble and spittle (not to be confused with bubble
>>>and squeak). I've been proving I know a lot about food and food
>>>production here on RFC for 25 years. You've only been proving
>>>you're a childish, ignorant, hypochondriac, conspiracy nut, piece of
>>>shit here for 5 months.

>> Dude, this is not even worth responding to, but I will say that I have
>> made my point and you have given my point more credit, thanks.

>Really? What did I say that helped you prove that gluten-free foods
>are somehow more wholesome and nutritious?

Well I was going to let this play out for a few more days just to
**** with you, but I just can hold back telling you how much you dont
know about this, about what gluten free means, and the standards and
practices that are used for gluten free foods.

First you should know that foods that are labeled gluten free with the
GF logo are certified, and not just anyone can say Gluten free. When
something is certified it means that the equipment must be certified
as gluten free, meaning that nothing containing gluten can ever tough
that equipment. There are also standard for the facility making and
packaging the food. The air must be gluten free as in no free floating
flour or other gluten containing substances will be floating through
the air that will cause cross contamination with the food or
packaging.

So with these standards the facility will be cleaner and the air will
most likely be filtered. The workers will be required to maintain a
certain level of hygiene to ensure they do not bring in gluten on
their clothes and equipment will not be shared with different products
so there will be no chemicals or crumbs left over from a different
product that was run on a conveyer or inside the equipment.

So are they more wholesome? Well sure because they will Not be
contaminated from other foods. The equipment and facility will be
cleaner because it will be monitored. As far as nutrition when
compared against food with gluten, it can be said that more people
than realized have allergies with wheat and/or an auto immune problem
with gluten. Gluten causes several skin problems such as Hives,
Eczema, Psoriasis, Contact dermatitis, Seborrheic eczema, Keratosis
pilaris, and can cause Inflammatory bowel disease, and other digestive
problems.

And to answer you question "What did I say that helped you prove that
gluten-free foods are somehow more wholesome and nutritious? "
You did so by not responding to what I said you just said something
stupid which I knew that you would, just so that I could type this out
and make you look silly."

>Lets not try and cloud the issue here with all these childish
>comebacks you learned in Social Media Pre-school.

How ya like me now???????????????????????

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/30/2019 3:09 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Thu, 30 May 2019 13:32:57 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>>
>> Really? What did I say that helped you prove that gluten-free foods
>> are somehow more wholesome and nutritious?
>>
>> Lets not try and cloud the issue here with all these childish
>> comebacks you learned in Social Media Pre-school.
>>
>> -sw

> at the supermarket yesterday I was reaching for a container of whole
> milk when I realized the one I was ready to pick up said 'gluten
> free.' I put it back. No need to spend extra money on such
> silliness.
> Janet US

Okay, that's a new one. Gluten free milk? I googled and got this:

"Most milk and many dairy-based products are gluten-free, but as always,
there are exceptions. Plain milk€”regardless of whether it's regular,
skim or even heavy cream€”is gluten-free."

So, they're slapping a label on milk and probably raising the price just
so they can claim it's "gluten free". I sincerely doubt most people
have to worry about gluten content in milk. Except for the nuts who
like to jump on bandwagons.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 May 2019 11:30:17 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/30/2019 3:09 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Thu, 30 May 2019 13:32:57 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Really? What did I say that helped you prove that gluten-free foods
>>> are somehow more wholesome and nutritious?
>>>
>>> Lets not try and cloud the issue here with all these childish
>>> comebacks you learned in Social Media Pre-school.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> at the supermarket yesterday I was reaching for a container of whole
>> milk when I realized the one I was ready to pick up said 'gluten
>> free.' I put it back. No need to spend extra money on such
>> silliness.
>> Janet US
>>

>Okay, that's a new one. Gluten free milk? I googled and got this:
>
>"Most milk and many dairy-based products are gluten-free, but as always,
>there are exceptions. Plain milk—regardless of whether it's regular,
>skim or even heavy cream—is gluten-free."
>
>So, they're slapping a label on milk and probably raising the price just
>so they can claim it's "gluten free". I sincerely doubt most people
>have to worry about gluten content in milk. Except for the nuts who
>like to jump on bandwagons.
>
>Jill

labels are triggers causing the susceptible to buy. No thinking
involved, just grab it, it must be the good, right thing

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/31/2019 11:30 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/30/2019 3:09 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Thu, 30 May 2019 13:32:57 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Really?Â* What did I say that helped you prove that gluten-free foods
>>> are somehow more wholesome and nutritious?
>>>
>>> Lets not try and cloud the issue here with all these childish
>>> comebacks you learned in Social Media Pre-school.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> at the supermarket yesterday I was reaching for a container of whole
>> milk when I realized the one I was ready to pick up said 'gluten
>> free.'Â* I put it back.Â* No need to spend extra money on such
>> silliness.
>> Janet US
>>

> Okay, that's a new one.Â* Gluten free milk?Â* I googled and got this:
>
> "Most milk and many dairy-based products are gluten-free, but as always,
> there are exceptions. Plain milk€”regardless of whether it's regular,
> skim or even heavy cream€”is gluten-free."
>
> So, they're slapping a label on milk and probably raising the price just
> so they can claim it's "gluten free".Â* I sincerely doubt most people
> have to worry about gluten content in milk.Â* Except for the nuts who
> like to jump on bandwagons.
>
> Jill

I see "gluten free" popping up on a lot of things. Trendy to keep up
with the paranoid. I only use gluten free ice in my drinks though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/31/2019 2:41 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/31/2019 11:30 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 5/30/2019 3:09 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>>> at the supermarket yesterday I was reaching for a container of whole
>>> milk when I realized the one I was ready to pick up said 'gluten
>>> free.'Â* I put it back.Â* No need to spend extra money on such
>>> silliness.
>>> Janet US
>>>

>> Okay, that's a new one.Â* Gluten free milk?Â* I googled and got this:
>>
>> "Most milk and many dairy-based products are gluten-free, but as
>> always, there are exceptions. Plain milk€”regardless of whether it's
>> regular, skim or even heavy cream€”is gluten-free."
>>
>> So, they're slapping a label on milk and probably raising the price
>> just so they can claim it's "gluten free".Â* I sincerely doubt most
>> people have to worry about gluten content in milk.Â* Except for the
>> nuts who like to jump on bandwagons.
>>
>> Jill

> I see "gluten free" popping up on a lot of things.Â* Trendy to keep up
> with the paranoid.Â* I only use gluten free ice in my drinks though.

I haven't checked my ice! Thanks for the warning, Ed.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-05-31 2:41 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/31/2019 11:30 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>> "Most milk and many dairy-based products are gluten-free, but as
>> always, there are exceptions. Plain milk€”regardless of whether it's
>> regular, skim or even heavy cream€”is gluten-free."
>>
>> So, they're slapping a label on milk and probably raising the price
>> just so they can claim it's "gluten free".Â* I sincerely doubt most
>> people have to worry about gluten content in milk.Â* Except for the
>> nuts who like to jump on bandwagons.
>>
>> Jill

> I see "gluten free" popping up on a lot of things.Â* Trendy to keep up
> with the paranoid.Â* I only use gluten free ice in my drinks though.

I am not sure if it is the manufacturers and vendors or if it is the new
gluten free fad. There are indeed people who are gluten intolerant, but
there seems to be a lot more jumping on the bandwagon. There re plenty
of food products that contain no gluten. The manufacturers and vendors
never saw a reason to label them as gluten free, but they are probably
concerned about loss of sales to those precious soles who want to
identify as having a special and trendy food allergy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 5/30/2019 3:09 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Thu, 30 May 2019 13:32:57 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Really? What did I say that helped you prove that gluten-free foods
>>> are somehow more wholesome and nutritious?
>>>
>>> Lets not try and cloud the issue here with all these childish
>>> comebacks you learned in Social Media Pre-school.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> at the supermarket yesterday I was reaching for a container of whole
>> milk when I realized the one I was ready to pick up said 'gluten
>> free.' I put it back. No need to spend extra money on such
>> silliness.
>> Janet US
>>

>Okay, that's a new one. Gluten free milk? I googled and got this:
>
>"Most milk and many dairy-based products are gluten-free, but as always,
>there are exceptions. Plain milk—regardless of whether it's regular,
>skim or even heavy cream—is gluten-free."
>
>So, they're slapping a label on milk and probably raising the price just
>so they can claim it's "gluten free". I sincerely doubt most people
>have to worry about gluten content in milk. Except for the nuts who
>like to jump on bandwagons.
>
>Jill

Actually No its not. Have you ever read the ingredients of different
dairy products? Also it is all about packaging. I have drank whole
milk and had a reaction to it. Also for the 2% and fat free or
buttermilk, or any milk that goes through a process of being changed
converted that includes pasteurization or any other process it
increases the risk of being cross contaminated with gluten, especially
if it is processed in a facility that makes and other products that
contain wheat or rye flour

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 May 2019 14:41:05 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 5/31/2019 11:30 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 5/30/2019 3:09 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>>> at the supermarket yesterday I was reaching for a container of whole
>>> milk when I realized the one I was ready to pick up said 'gluten
>>> free.'* I put it back.* No need to spend extra money on such
>>> silliness.
>>> Janet US
>>>

>> Okay, that's a new one.* Gluten free milk?* I googled and got this:
>>
>> "Most milk and many dairy-based products are gluten-free, but as always,
>> there are exceptions. Plain milk—regardless of whether it's regular,
>> skim or even heavy cream—is gluten-free."
>>
>> So, they're slapping a label on milk and probably raising the price just
>> so they can claim it's "gluten free".* I sincerely doubt most people
>> have to worry about gluten content in milk.* Except for the nuts who
>> like to jump on bandwagons.
>>
>> Jill

>I see "gluten free" popping up on a lot of things. Trendy to keep up
>with the paranoid. I only use gluten free ice in my drinks though.

Gluten Free is no longer a fad, people/companies are realizing that
gluten is actually a problem that can cause health issues.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 May 2019 16:04:37 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-05-31 2:41 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 5/31/2019 11:30 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> "Most milk and many dairy-based products are gluten-free, but as
>>> always, there are exceptions. Plain milk—regardless of whether it's
>>> regular, skim or even heavy cream—is gluten-free."
>>>
>>> So, they're slapping a label on milk and probably raising the price
>>> just so they can claim it's "gluten free".* I sincerely doubt most
>>> people have to worry about gluten content in milk.* Except for the
>>> nuts who like to jump on bandwagons.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I see "gluten free" popping up on a lot of things.* Trendy to keep up
>> with the paranoid.* I only use gluten free ice in my drinks though.

>I am not sure if it is the manufacturers and vendors or if it is the new
>gluten free fad.

The fad was over and done with years ago. What you are seeing are
people realizing that the Eczema went away when they stopped eating
gluten then it stopped being a fad and started being a medical issue.

>There are indeed people who are gluten intolerant, but
>there seems to be a lot more jumping on the bandwagon. There re plenty
>of food products that contain no gluten. The manufacturers and vendors
>never saw a reason to label them as gluten free, but they are probably
>concerned about loss of sales to those precious soles who want to
>identify as having a special and trendy food allergy.

I do think 4 years is a bit long for a fad, dont you?. You need to
realized that processed foods will become contaminated UNLESS they are
made in a gluten free facility.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 31, 2019 at 4:05:18 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> any milk that goes through a process of being changed
> converted that includes pasteurization or any other process it
> increases the risk of being cross contaminated with gluten, especially
> if it is processed in a facility that makes and other products that
> contain wheat or rye flour

Can you give us an example of any dairy processing plant that also processes
wheat or rye flour or any flour for that matter.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>I see "gluten free" popping up on a lot of things. Trendy to keep up
>>>with the paranoid. I only use gluten free ice in my drinks though.

>>Gluten Free is no longer a fad, people/companies are realizing that
>>gluten is actually a problem that can cause health issues.

>In some people. Just like carbs. In some people. Or milk products. In
>some people. Or alcohol. In some people. Or salt. In some people.
>
>Just because you have a particular problem doesn't mean the whole
>world has to change.

Well when you go to the store and buy a jar of mayo, mustard, peanut
butter, jelly, whip cream, pasta sauce, ice cream (plain vanilla), and
2% gallon of milk then get home after reading the ingredients and
seeing that there is no wheat barley or rye in any of those product
then you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on a toasted corn
tortilla then later have a reaction because the peanut butter and
jelly are contaminated so you have to throw those away and then three
weeks later with the symptoms go away you decide to have a bowl of ice
cream only to realize after you have a reaction that it is
contaminated and have to throw it away and same goes for the
mayo,mustard, whip cream, and pasta sauce... So now you are broke and
****ing starving.

So you tell me where the problem is?

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 May 2019 14:13:11 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, May 31, 2019 at 4:05:18 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>
>> any milk that goes through a process of being changed
>> converted that includes pasteurization or any other process it
>> increases the risk of being cross contaminated with gluten, especially
>> if it is processed in a facility that makes and other products that
>> contain wheat or rye flour
>>

>Can you give us an example of any dairy processing plant that also processes
>wheat or rye flour or any flour for that matter.

Wow, I mean it is like why can you not look this up yourself? It
really is not that hard. Do you think I just make this stuff up?

The word “malt” on a food label usually indicates they are made with
barley and therefore contain gluten.
Common uses Milk Sakes.
Yes, it's true: When you eat one of the three gluten grains – wheat,
barley or rye – the gluten protein passes through your digestive
system and appears in your milk.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>Gluten Free is no longer a fad, people/companies are realizing that
>>>gluten is actually a problem that can cause health issues.

>>In some people. Just like carbs. In some people. Or milk products. In
>>some people. Or alcohol. In some people. Or salt. In some people.
>>
>>Just because you have a particular problem doesn't mean the whole
>>world has to change.

>Well when you go to the store and buy a jar of mayo, mustard, peanut
>butter, jelly, whip cream, pasta sauce, ice cream (plain vanilla), and
>2% gallon of milk then get home after reading the ingredients and
>seeing that there is no wheat barley or rye in any of those product
>then you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on a toasted corn
>tortilla then later have a reaction because the peanut butter and
>jelly are contaminated so you have to throw those away and then three
>weeks later with the symptoms go away you decide to have a bowl of ice
>cream only to realize after you have a reaction that it is
>contaminated and have to throw it away and same goes for the
>mayo,mustard, whip cream, and pasta sauce... So now you are broke and
>****ing starving.
>
>So you tell me where the problem is?

Largely between your ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Jun 2019 07:19:35 +1000, Bruce >
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 31 May 2019 16:06:57 -0500,
>> wrote:

>>> Gluten Free is no longer a fad, people/companies are realizing that
>>> gluten is actually a problem that can cause health issues.

>> In some people. Just like carbs. In some people. Or milk products. In
>> some people. Or alcohol. In some people. Or salt. In some people.
>>
>> Just because you have a particular problem doesn't mean the whole
>> world has to change.

> Well when you go to the store and buy a jar of mayo, mustard, peanut
> butter, jelly, whip cream, pasta sauce, ice cream (plain vanilla), and
> 2% gallon of milk then get home after reading the ingredients and
> seeing that there is no wheat barley or rye in any of those product
> then you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on a toasted corn
> tortilla then later have a reaction because the peanut butter and
> jelly are contaminated so you have to throw those away and then three
> weeks later with the symptoms go away you decide to have a bowl of ice
> cream only to realize after you have a reaction that it is
> contaminated and have to throw it away and same goes for the
> mayo,mustard, whip cream, and pasta sauce... So now you are broke and
> ****ing starving.
>
> So you tell me where the problem is?
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Sounds like you have more than gluten problems.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

My body purrs on gluten.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 May 2019 16:04:37 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-05-31 2:41 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 5/31/2019 11:30 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> "Most milk and many dairy-based products are gluten-free, but as
>>> always, there are exceptions. Plain milk—regardless of whether it's
>>> regular, skim or even heavy cream—is gluten-free."
>>>
>>> So, they're slapping a label on milk and probably raising the price
>>> just so they can claim it's "gluten free".* I sincerely doubt most
>>> people have to worry about gluten content in milk.* Except for the
>>> nuts who like to jump on bandwagons.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I see "gluten free" popping up on a lot of things.* Trendy to keep up
>> with the paranoid.* I only use gluten free ice in my drinks though.

>I am not sure if it is the manufacturers and vendors or if it is the new
>gluten free fad. There are indeed people who are gluten intolerant, but
>there seems to be a lot more jumping on the bandwagon. There re plenty
>of food products that contain no gluten. The manufacturers and vendors
>never saw a reason to label them as gluten free, but they are probably
>concerned about loss of sales to those precious soles who want to
>identify as having a special and trendy food allergy.

most likely is the many people who love to sue for damages. Corporate
lawyers are probably telling clients to put it on the label as it will
cost them nothing to do so but can save them a lawsuit.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 31, 2019 at 11:07:01 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Fri, 31 May 2019 14:41:05 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> >> Okay, that's a new one.Â* Gluten free milk?Â* I googled and got this:
> >>
> >> "Most milk and many dairy-based products are gluten-free, but as always,
> >> there are exceptions. Plain milk€”regardless of whether it's regular,
> >> skim or even heavy cream€”is gluten-free."
> >>
> >> So, they're slapping a label on milk and probably raising the price just
> >> so they can claim it's "gluten free".Â* I sincerely doubt most people
> >> have to worry about gluten content in milk.Â* Except for the nuts who
> >> like to jump on bandwagons.
> >>
> >> Jill

> >I see "gluten free" popping up on a lot of things. Trendy to keep up
> >with the paranoid. I only use gluten free ice in my drinks though.

> Gluten Free is no longer a fad, people/companies are realizing that
> gluten is actually a problem that can cause health issues.
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

The marketing people realized that putting "Gluten Free" or "Non-GMO" sells products. The young folks dig that kind of stuff.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, U.S. Janet B.
> wrote:

> most likely is the many people who love to sue for damages. Corporate
> lawyers are probably telling clients to put it on the label as it will
> cost them nothing to do so but can save them a lawsuit.

Have you checked a ladder lately? It's hard to use the newer ones
because of all the danger stickers you might slip on or get stuck to.

[ObFood] pork 'n york

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 May 2019 18:20:39 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:

>In article >, U.S. Janet B.
> wrote:
>
>> most likely is the many people who love to sue for damages. Corporate
>> lawyers are probably telling clients to put it on the label as it will
>> cost them nothing to do so but can save them a lawsuit.

>Have you checked a ladder lately? It's hard to use the newer ones
>because of all the danger stickers you might slip on or get stuck to.

I hear that your neighbours are becoming really good at ladders.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 31, 2019 at 4:55:19 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> On Fri, 31 May 2019 14:13:11 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >Can you give us an example of any dairy processing plant that also processes
> >wheat or rye flour or any flour for that matter.

> Wow, I mean it is like why can you not look this up yourself? It
> really is not that hard. Do you think I just make this stuff up?

If you're stating this to be the truth I expect you to site your sources.
But to tell the truth, I don't believe you. I've never seen dairy processing
plants also processing wheat or anything gluten related.

> The word €śmalt€ť on a food label usually indicates they are made with
> barley and therefore contain gluten.

Site me a dairy that also produces malt.

> Yes, it's true: When you eat one of the three gluten grains €“ wheat,
> barley or rye €“ the gluten protein passes through your digestive
> system and appears in your milk.

They let cows graze in wheat, barley and rye fields?????????????????????
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 May 2019 16:57:47 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Friday, May 31, 2019 at 11:07:01 AM UTC-10, wrote:

>> >I see "gluten free" popping up on a lot of things. Trendy to keep up
>> >with the paranoid. I only use gluten free ice in my drinks though.

>> Gluten Free is no longer a fad, people/companies are realizing that
>> gluten is actually a problem that can cause health issues.
>>
>> --
>>
>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

>The marketing people realized that putting "Gluten Free" or "Non-GMO" sells products. The young folks dig that kind of stuff.

Actually putting gluten free will scare more people off, those such as
the ones in this group because you are prejudiced and you think it
will taste different

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 May 2019 18:36:20 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, May 31, 2019 at 4:55:19 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 31 May 2019 14:13:11 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Can you give us an example of any dairy processing plant that also processes
>> >wheat or rye flour or any flour for that matter.

>> Wow, I mean it is like why can you not look this up yourself? It
>> really is not that hard. Do you think I just make this stuff up?
>>

>If you're stating this to be the truth I expect you to site your sources.
>But to tell the truth, I don't believe you. I've never seen dairy processing
>plants also processing wheat or anything gluten related.
>>
>> The word “malt” on a food label usually indicates they are made with
>> barley and therefore contain gluten.
>>

>Site me a dairy that also produces malt.

wow are you saying that no dairy facility makes milk shakes ?

>> Yes, it's true: When you eat one of the three gluten grains – wheat,
>> barley or rye – the gluten protein passes through your digestive
>> system and appears in your milk.
>>

>They let cows graze in wheat, barley and rye fields?????????????????????

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 May 2019 18:20:39 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:

>In article >, U.S. Janet B.
> wrote:
>
>> most likely is the many people who love to sue for damages. Corporate
>> lawyers are probably telling clients to put it on the label as it will
>> cost them nothing to do so but can save them a lawsuit.

>Have you checked a ladder lately? It's hard to use the newer ones
>because of all the danger stickers you might slip on or get stuck to.
>
>[ObFood] pork 'n york
>
>leo

LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 May 2019 18:36:20 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, May 31, 2019 at 4:55:19 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 31 May 2019 14:13:11 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Can you give us an example of any dairy processing plant that also processes
>> >wheat or rye flour or any flour for that matter.

>> Wow, I mean it is like why can you not look this up yourself? It
>> really is not that hard. Do you think I just make this stuff up?
>>

>If you're stating this to be the truth I expect you to site your sources.
>But to tell the truth, I don't believe you. I've never seen dairy processing
>plants also processing wheat or anything gluten related.
>>
>> The word “malt” on a food label usually indicates they are made with
>> barley and therefore contain gluten.
>>

>Site me a dairy that also produces malt.
>>
>> Yes, it's true: When you eat one of the three gluten grains – wheat,
>> barley or rye – the gluten protein passes through your digestive
>> system and appears in your milk.
>>

>They let cows graze in wheat, barley and rye fields?????????????????????

I'm not too sure that you can't absorb gluten from the air you
breathe. After all, the breeze is flowing over thousands of acres of
wheat fields
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Bruce
> wrote:

> I hear that your neighbours are becoming really good at ladders.

I'm a chutes man.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 May 2019 19:06:32 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:

>In article >, Bruce
> wrote:
>
>> I hear that your neighbours are becoming really good at ladders.

>I'm a chutes man.

But you have to get up there first.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
> wrote:

> Actually putting gluten free will scare more people off, those such as
> the ones in this group because you are prejudiced and you think it
> will taste different

What does gluten indifference have to do with prejudice? Deal with your
personal issue. I support your right to be gluten free. Make sure you
are. That's on you. I don't care.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 May 2019 19:29:37 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:

>In article >,
> wrote:
>
>> Actually putting gluten free will scare more people off, those such as
>> the ones in this group because you are prejudiced and you think it
>> will taste different

>What does gluten indifference have to do with prejudice?

You do know what prejudice means right?

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. > wrote:
> On Fri, 31 May 2019 18:36:20 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
>> On Friday, May 31, 2019 at 4:55:19 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>>>
>>> On Fri, 31 May 2019 14:13:11 -0700 (PDT), "

>>> Wow, I mean it is like why can you not look this up yourself? It
>>> really is not that hard. Do you think I just make this stuff up?
>>>

>> If you're stating this to be the truth I expect you to site your sources.
>> But to tell the truth, I don't believe you. I've never seen dairy processing
>> plants also processing wheat or anything gluten related.
>>>
>>> The word “malt” on a food label usually indicates they are made with
>>> barley and therefore contain gluten.
>>>

>> Site me a dairy that also produces malt.
>>>
>>> Yes, it's true: When you eat one of the three gluten grains – wheat,
>>> barley or rye – the gluten protein passes through your digestive
>>> system and appears in your milk.
>>>

>> They let cows graze in wheat, barley and rye fields?????????????????????

> I'm not too sure that you can't absorb gluten from the air you
> breathe. After all, the breeze is flowing over thousands of acres of
> wheat fields

Its a good thing he doesnt live in the Midwest. Hed likely be dead by
now.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 31, 2019 at 8:52:04 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> wow are you saying that no dairy facility makes milk shakes ?

Dairy Queens yes, creameries that pasteurize milk, produce butter, heavy
cream, etc., no.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 31, 2019 at 9:06:29 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Fri, 31 May 2019 18:36:20 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >They let cows graze in wheat, barley and rye fields?????????????????????

> I'm not too sure that you can't absorb gluten from the air you
> breathe. After all, the breeze is flowing over thousands of acres of
> wheat fields

Hahahaaaaaa, good one!!!

))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 31, 2019 at 3:50:06 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Fri, 31 May 2019 16:57:47 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:

> >> Gluten Free is no longer a fad, people/companies are realizing that
> >> gluten is actually a problem that can cause health issues.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

> >The marketing people realized that putting "Gluten Free" or "Non-GMO" sells products. The young folks dig that kind of stuff.

> Actually putting gluten free will scare more people off, those such as
> the ones in this group because you are prejudiced and you think it
> will taste different
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

I'm no marketing guru but I'm pretty sure that using words on packaging that would scare off and/or discourage people from purchasing a product is not commonly practiced anywhere on this planet. "Gluten-free" does not scare people, you just been hanging around here for too long. This group should be called scared.food.cooking.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
> wrote:

> On Fri, 31 May 2019 19:29:37 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
> > wrote:

> >What does gluten indifference have to do with prejudice?

> You do know what prejudice means right?

QED

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 31, 2019 at 5:46:53 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Jun 2019 07:19:35 +1000, Bruce >
> wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 31 May 2019 16:06:57 -0500,
> wrote:

> >>Gluten Free is no longer a fad, people/companies are realizing that
> >>gluten is actually a problem that can cause health issues.

> >In some people. Just like carbs. In some people. Or milk products. In
> >some people. Or alcohol. In some people. Or salt. In some people.
> >
> >Just because you have a particular problem doesn't mean the whole
> >world has to change.

> Well when you go to the store and buy a jar of mayo, mustard, peanut
> butter, jelly, whip cream, pasta sauce, ice cream (plain vanilla), and
> 2% gallon of milk then get home after reading the ingredients and
> seeing that there is no wheat barley or rye in any of those product
> then you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on a toasted corn
> tortilla then later have a reaction because the peanut butter and
> jelly are contaminated so you have to throw those away and then three
> weeks later with the symptoms go away you decide to have a bowl of ice
> cream only to realize after you have a reaction that it is
> contaminated and have to throw it away and same goes for the
> mayo,mustard, whip cream, and pasta sauce... So now you are broke and
> ****ing starving.
>
> So you tell me where the problem is?

The problem is you. None of that happens to me.

Cindy Hamilton

Coconut Oil is pretty darn bad, evidently [email protected] General Cooking 54 18-06-2017 06:02 PM
A pretty darn good salad Gary General Cooking 7 19-02-2016 11:30 PM
Pretty good hash Gary General Cooking 36 21-10-2015 02:56 AM
A pretty good lemonade A Moose in Love General Cooking 19 13-09-2011 06:26 AM
Darn Good Seasoning HeyRobi General Cooking 3 12-03-2005 09:21 AM