General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-02-2019, 11:55 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 43,555
Default Caraway rye with cinnamon

I made my usual recipe but put cinnamon in it at the request of my gardener.
I used about a teaspoon for what made 6 round loaves of about 8-9 inches
across. Smelled fantastic as it baked. Tasted even better! I would not have
thought of that combination. Tastes like something you might eat for
breakfast. Yum!


  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-02-2019, 12:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
Default Caraway rye with cinnamon

Julie Bove wrote :
I made my usual recipe but put cinnamon in it at the
request of my gardener.

Have you ever given him an eskimo blowjob?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...kimo%20blowjob

Jill
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-02-2019, 12:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 43,555
Default Caraway rye with cinnamon


"jmcquown" wrote in message
...
Julie Bove wrote :
I made my usual recipe but put cinnamon in it at the request of my
gardener.

Have you ever given him an eskimo blowjob?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...kimo%20blowjob


What does that have to do with rye bread? And I prefer Mentos, oh imp of
Jill.

  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-02-2019, 02:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 31,708
Default Caraway rye with cinnamon

On 2/10/2019 6:48 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message
...
Julie Bove wrote :
I made my usual recipe but put cinnamon in it at the request of my
gardener.

Have you ever given him an eskimo blowjob?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...kimo%20blowjob


What does that have to do with rye bread? And I prefer Mentos, oh imp of
Jill.


I'm glad you recognized I didn't write that.

Jill
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-02-2019, 03:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,819
Default Caraway rye with cinnamon

On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 4:55:52 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
I made my usual recipe but put cinnamon in it at the request of my gardener.
I used about a teaspoon for what made 6 round loaves of about 8-9 inches
across. Smelled fantastic as it baked. Tasted even better! I would not have
thought of that combination. Tastes like something you might eat for
breakfast. Yum!


Cinnamon is a spice United Statesians usually associate with sweets, but cinnamon makes a very good savory spice as well! As you discovered in the breads. I put a LITTLE cinnamon in my chili when I used to make chili.

John Kuthe, KutheChocolates.com!


  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-02-2019, 04:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17,343
Default Caraway rye with cinnamon

Julie Bove wrote:

I made my usual recipe but put cinnamon in it at the request of my gardener.
I used about a teaspoon for what made 6 round loaves of about 8-9 inches
across. Smelled fantastic as it baked. Tasted even better! I would not have
thought of that combination. Tastes like something you might eat for
breakfast. Yum!


Great that it worked out but you crack me up.
You've turned into Sheldon....making large navy batches of food.

It sounded weird to you yet you made 6 loaves?
Good darn thing that it actually turned out good.
Another factor is that *YOU* actually liked it. That's rare.

It still sounds a bit odd to me. I'll just keep on using plain
rye bread and if I want cinnamon on it, I'll add it to a toasted
piece.
  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-02-2019, 08:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 980
Default Caraway rye with cinnamon

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 02:55:39 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

I made my usual recipe but put cinnamon in it at the request of my gardener.
I used about a teaspoon for what made 6 round loaves of about 8-9 inches
across. Smelled fantastic as it baked. Tasted even better! I would not have
thought of that combination. Tastes like something you might eat for
breakfast. Yum!


Ewwwww.

-sw
  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-02-2019, 08:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,988
Default Caraway rye with cinnamon

Gary wrote:

Julie Bove wrote:

I made my usual recipe but put cinnamon in it at the request of my
gardener. I used about a teaspoon for what made 6 round loaves of
about 8-9 inches across. Smelled fantastic as it baked. Tasted even
better! I would not have thought of that combination. Tastes like
something you might eat for breakfast. Yum!


Great that it worked out but you crack me up.
You've turned into Sheldon....making large navy batches of food.

It sounded weird to you yet you made 6 loaves?
Good darn thing that it actually turned out good.
Another factor is that YOU actually liked it. That's rare.

It still sounds a bit odd to me. I'll just keep on using plain
rye bread and if I want cinnamon on it, I'll add it to a toasted
piece.


That is a lot of bread for her family.
  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-02-2019, 08:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 9,715
Default Caraway rye with cinnamon

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 13:32:33 -0600, Sqwertz
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 02:55:39 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

I made my usual recipe but put cinnamon in it at the request of my gardener.
I used about a teaspoon for what made 6 round loaves of about 8-9 inches
across. Smelled fantastic as it baked. Tasted even better! I would not have
thought of that combination. Tastes like something you might eat for
breakfast. Yum!


Ewwwww.


Aren't cinnamon buns big in the US? Why would cinnamon bread be so bad
then?
  #10 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-02-2019, 09:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 3,122
Default Caraway rye with cinnamon



"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 13:32:33 -0600, Sqwertz
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 02:55:39 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

I made my usual recipe but put cinnamon in it at the request of my
gardener.
I used about a teaspoon for what made 6 round loaves of about 8-9 inches
across. Smelled fantastic as it baked. Tasted even better! I would not
have
thought of that combination. Tastes like something you might eat for
breakfast. Yum!


Ewwwww.


Aren't cinnamon buns big in the US? Why would cinnamon bread be so bad
then?

==

Don't you see?? That doesn't matter! All that matters is that it is put
forward by someone you have to denigrate, no matter what they say!




  #11 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-02-2019, 09:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 9,715
Default Caraway rye with cinnamon

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 20:01:46 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:



"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 13:32:33 -0600, Sqwertz
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 02:55:39 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

I made my usual recipe but put cinnamon in it at the request of my
gardener.
I used about a teaspoon for what made 6 round loaves of about 8-9 inches
across. Smelled fantastic as it baked. Tasted even better! I would not
have
thought of that combination. Tastes like something you might eat for
breakfast. Yum!


Ewwwww.


Aren't cinnamon buns big in the US? Why would cinnamon bread be so bad
then?

==

Don't you see?? That doesn't matter! All that matters is that it is put
forward by someone you have to denigrate, no matter what they say!


Oh of course, I forgot!
  #12 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-02-2019, 10:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,893
Default Caraway rye with cinnamon

Bruce wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 20:01:46 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:



"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 13:32:33 -0600, Sqwertz
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 02:55:39 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

I made my usual recipe but put cinnamon in it at the request of my
gardener.
I used about a teaspoon for what made 6 round loaves of about 8-9 inches
across. Smelled fantastic as it baked. Tasted even better! I would not
have
thought of that combination. Tastes like something you might eat for
breakfast. Yum!

Ewwwww.


Aren't cinnamon buns big in the US? Why would cinnamon bread be so bad
then?

==

Don't you see?? That doesn't matter! All that matters is that it is put
forward by someone you have to denigrate, no matter what they say!


Oh of course, I forgot!


Yoose need to start tying strings on yoose fingers to remember stuff.


  #13 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-02-2019, 10:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 9,715
Default Caraway rye with cinnamon

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 15:16:22 -0600, Hank Rogers
wrote:

Bruce wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 20:01:46 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:



"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 13:32:33 -0600, Sqwertz
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 02:55:39 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

I made my usual recipe but put cinnamon in it at the request of my
gardener.
I used about a teaspoon for what made 6 round loaves of about 8-9 inches
across. Smelled fantastic as it baked. Tasted even better! I would not
have
thought of that combination. Tastes like something you might eat for
breakfast. Yum!

Ewwwww.

Aren't cinnamon buns big in the US? Why would cinnamon bread be so bad
then?

==

Don't you see?? That doesn't matter! All that matters is that it is put
forward by someone you have to denigrate, no matter what they say!


Oh of course, I forgot!


Yoose need to start tying strings on yoose fingers to remember stuff.


And write down what each string is for?
  #14 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-02-2019, 10:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,565
Default Caraway rye with cinnamon

On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 2:53:24 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 13:32:33 -0600, Sqwertz
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 02:55:39 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

I made my usual recipe but put cinnamon in it at the request of my gardener.
I used about a teaspoon for what made 6 round loaves of about 8-9 inches
across. Smelled fantastic as it baked. Tasted even better! I would not have
thought of that combination. Tastes like something you might eat for
breakfast. Yum!


Ewwwww.


Aren't cinnamon buns big in the US? Why would cinnamon bread be so bad
then?


Caraway rye bread with cinnamon? Very unusual.

OTOH, my bakery does a raisin rye bread (probably without either
caraway or cinnamon). I've never tried it.

Cindy Hamilton
  #15 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-02-2019, 11:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 9,715
Default Caraway rye with cinnamon

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 13:58:22 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 2:53:24 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 13:32:33 -0600, Sqwertz
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 02:55:39 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

I made my usual recipe but put cinnamon in it at the request of my gardener.
I used about a teaspoon for what made 6 round loaves of about 8-9 inches
across. Smelled fantastic as it baked. Tasted even better! I would not have
thought of that combination. Tastes like something you might eat for
breakfast. Yum!

Ewwwww.


Aren't cinnamon buns big in the US? Why would cinnamon bread be so bad
then?


Caraway rye bread with cinnamon? Very unusual.

OTOH, my bakery does a raisin rye bread (probably without either
caraway or cinnamon). I've never tried it.


Ah, that combination could be unusual.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Caraway Rye Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 23 16-01-2019 06:05 PM
Caraway soup biig General Cooking 3 03-10-2005 01:25 PM
Baby Potatoes with Caraway Carrot Filling T & J Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 06-07-2005 03:44 AM
caraway or cumin Wazza Asian Cooking 21 15-04-2005 11:30 AM
Caraway seed substitue Doe John General Cooking 19 30-03-2004 01:33 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017