Old 02-02-2019, 02:46 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Honey score in the cupboard

On 2/1/2019 7:57 PM, Bruce wrote:
On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 19:38:30 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 2/1/2019 6:43 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 1/30/2019 11:04 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
This morning I was looking through the cupboards the jar honey to
fill the honey jar.* There were two half jars and one of them was
buckwheat honey. I had forgotten about that stuff. My wife had picked
it up for me thinking that I love the stuff.* She had overestimated
my attitude about the stuff. It is pretty good, but I only like it
once in a while, which is why it had been put away. It as
crystallized so I had to warm it up to liquefy it.** Good stuff....
once in a while.
I would be completely surprised to find anything other than South
Carolina clover honey.* I've got a jar of it dated 2004 and have yet
to open it.

Jill

* We still have 9 quarts of raw unfiltered wildflower honey down in the
cellar . Not even labeled since I didn't intend on selling it .

I wonder if there's plastic in it.

I can't see how that could bee ... this honey came from my hives , was
strained thru cheesecloth then bottled in glass .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old 02-02-2019, 02:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

No one stores nine quarts of honey, they use it, sell it, or give it
away... Coombs is full of BS... anyone seen his hives, I thought not.
I have many neighbors who keep bees, none horde their honey, they sell
it or barter it. I leave home grown veggies at my neighbor's door,
they leave jars of honey at my door. People who keep bees don't save
honey because they have much more coming... that's why I don't believe
anything Coombs claims... he likely lives in some big city slum
tenement basement appartment... NO BEES... only Bs Coombs sees are
drug dealing *******s.

Ummm Popeye, that stuff folks leave at yoose door ain't honey.

Yoose ain't been eating it has yoose?

Old 02-02-2019, 03:08 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

* Are you calling me a liar ? That honey is stocked for MY use and my
wife's . The bees are a varroa mite resistant variety developed by Ed
Levi , a former Arkansas bee inspector - and there are NO chemicals used
in my hives . Here's a link , Ed's business is mentioned
http://www.nwabeekeepers.com/beekeeping/favorite-links . I assume your
reading comprehension is good enough to pick his name out . Just can't
stand anyone that doesn't bend over and kiss your ass can you ?

* And , since you claim I live in a city (we do own a house in Memphis
, my son lives in it) here's a link to my photobucket
http://s991.photobucket.com/user/Snag_one/library/ . BOOKMARK THAT LINK
dick-breath , because there will soon be a food folder with pics of some
of my cooking . I might even post a few pics of my hives . Prick . Nah ,
you couldn't be a prick , a prick has a head .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old 02-02-2019, 04:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Not because of anything you do. They say plastic is polluting the
environment so badly, there are even tiny plastic particles in bees'
honey. I don't know if living in the countryside helps.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

You and your insistance on photos. I don't have any honey bee hives but
I do have access to honey. I simply don't use honey so it's no matter
to me of someone posts pics.

Jill

Old 02-02-2019, 11:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

He appears to be calling himself a liar. Liars chronically accuse other
people of lying.

Cindy Hamilton

Old 02-02-2019, 12:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

* Well Gary , we're surrounded by tens of thousands of acres of mostly
woods , not quite like living in farming country . Don't know if that
makes any difference ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old 02-02-2019, 04:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-02 6:54 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 10:08:02 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

* Are you calling me a liar ?

He appears to be calling himself a liar. Liars chronically accuse other
people of lying.

Yep. That is the observation that I have made over the years. They lie
so often themselves that they assume that others do too.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Nothing worth seeing, just an ancient JD toy, likely stopped running
decades ago from the looks of that ripped seat. Anyway Amazon Photo
sucks, takes too long to load and difficult to navigate.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/2/2019 1:03 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 21:08:40 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

* So you admit that you looked no farther than the first page . BTW ,
that tractor runs like a top , was used earlier today to haul 2 loads of
firewood over to be split and stacked . Of course you'll now call me a
liar again , because that's what liars do - they expect everyone to be
like them . Must suck to be you .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old 02-02-2019, 10:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-02 3:17 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
On Saturday, February 2, 2019 at 6:14:00 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith
wrote:

My father in law used to eat more honey than anyone I have ever
known. He would tear of a bite sized pieces of toast and put a
spoonful of honey on each one. At one time we estimated that he ate
two pounds of honey per week. He used to buy it by the case. I
certainly don't doubt someone who raises bees would have 9 quarts
of it on hand.

I knew a guy that was addicted to bee venom. He would sting himself
several times a day. He said he did that for arthritis. I can't say
if he was ever diagnosed with arthritis but the time that I knew him,
he was fine. He had stopped the "treatments" by then. He was a world
class bee sting artist and was responsible for the deaths of
thousands and thousands of bees.

I take some solace in the knowledge that any bee that ever stung me paid
the ultimate price for the privilege. Maybe the reason he was never
diagnosed with arthritis was because he had had all those preventative
stings. I have heard that stinging nettles is also good for arthritis,
but I will need more proof before I try it.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 2, 2019 at 12:14:09 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

I take some solace in the knowledge that any bee that ever stung me paid
the ultimate price for the privilege. Maybe the reason he was never
diagnosed with arthritis was because he had had all those preventative
stings. I have heard that stinging nettles is also good for arthritis,
but I will need more proof before I try it.

He may have been diagnosed with arthritis, but I can't say because I don't know. When I knew him, there seemed to be no signs of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N7JqkJ2nc0