Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Honey score in the cupboard

On Monday, February 4, 2019 at 11:31:06 AM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 2/4/2019 7:35 AM, Gary wrote:
> > Terry Coombs wrote:
> > What do honey bees do in the winter (or at least on cold days),
> > Terry? Hibernate, I assume.
> >
> > I had an odd encounter with a honey bee one nice warm day that
> > then turned extremely cold within an hour. It was 2-3 years ago
> > in January or February. I'll tell the story once you tell me how
> > they normally spend winter days.

> Â* When the temps drop below about 40-50°F they cluster up in a ball .

That reminds me. Yesterday it was a very pleasant, sunny 40 F
so we got out the lawn chairs and sat on the driveway for a
while. Most of that was waiting for the host tub to refill
after changing out most of the water.

I pictured the neighbors staring out their window: "Look at
those crazy Hamiltons! They've got the lawn chairs out in
February."

Cindy Hamilton