Old 31-01-2019, 05:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Honey score in the cupboard

This morning I was looking through the cupboards the jar honey to fill
the honey jar. There were two half jars and one of them was buckwheat
honey. I had forgotten about that stuff. My wife had picked it up for me
thinking that I love the stuff. She had overestimated my attitude about
the stuff. It is pretty good, but I only like it once in a while, which
is why it had been put away. It as crystallized so I had to warm it up
to liquefy it. Good stuff.... once in a while.

Old 31-01-2019, 05:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Dave Smith wrote:

This morning I was looking through the cupboards the jar honey to fill
the honey jar. There were two half jars and one of them was buckwheat
honey. I had forgotten about that stuff. My wife had picked it up for me
thinking that I love the stuff. She had overestimated my attitude about
the stuff. It is pretty good, but I only like it once in a while, which
is why it had been put away. It as crystallized so I had to warm it up
to liquefy it. Good stuff.... once in a while.

To quote TERT in seattle:

yawn

--
Best
Greg

Old 01-02-2019, 04:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 08:08:48 -0500, songbird wrote:

I put it on peanut butter toast because the peanut
butter is such a strong flavor it can compete against
the buckwheat honey.

I've not tried buckwheat honey, but what you describe (toast + PB + honey)
is 3/4 of my favourite breakfast sandwich. Top it off with bacon.

--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm
Old 01-02-2019, 12:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 6:04:06 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
This morning I was looking through the cupboards the jar honey to fill
the honey jar. There were two half jars and one of them was buckwheat
honey. I had forgotten about that stuff. My wife had picked it up for me
thinking that I love the stuff. She had overestimated my attitude about
the stuff. It is pretty good, but I only like it once in a while, which
is why it had been put away. It as crystallized so I had to warm it up
to liquefy it. Good stuff.... once in a while.

My daughter has a jar of honey with fruits and nuts that was made in Turkey. It looks kinda scary.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...ElHoH-UTATz7fp
Old 01-02-2019, 03:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
My daughter has a jar of honey with fruits and nuts that was made in Turkey. It looks kinda scary.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...ElHoH-UTATz7fp

That looks quite interesting actually, I guess it's a 'stir and
serve' kind of a topping for something. Has anyone tried it yet?
Still alive? ;-D

I think I would try a warmed up blob of that on vanilla ice
cream.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 23:04:04 -0500, Dave Smith wrote:

This morning I was looking through the cupboards the jar honey to fill
the honey jar. There were two half jars and one of them was buckwheat
honey. I had forgotten about that stuff. My wife had picked it up for me
thinking that I love the stuff. She had overestimated my attitude about
the stuff. It is pretty good, but I only like it once in a while, which
is why it had been put away. It as crystallized so I had to warm it up
to liquefy it. Good stuff.... once in a while.

Another fascinating story. You're full of them, Dave.

-sw

Old 02-02-2019, 01:35 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 23:04:04 -0500, Dave Smith wrote:

This morning I was looking through the cupboards the jar honey to fill
the honey jar. There were two half jars and one of them was buckwheat
honey. I had forgotten about that stuff. My wife had picked it up for me
thinking that I love the stuff. She had overestimated my attitude about
the stuff. It is pretty good, but I only like it once in a while, which
is why it had been put away. It as crystallized so I had to warm it up
to liquefy it. Good stuff.... once in a while.

Another fascinating story. You're full of them, Dave.

lol

That's Dave's Barroom Honey/Sweetie.
Old 02-02-2019, 01:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/30/2019 11:04 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
This morning I was looking through the cupboards the jar honey to fill
the honey jar.* There were two half jars and one of them was buckwheat
honey. I had forgotten about that stuff. My wife had picked it up for me
thinking that I love the stuff.* She had overestimated my attitude about
the stuff. It is pretty good, but I only like it once in a while, which
is why it had been put away. It as crystallized so I had to warm it up
to liquefy it.** Good stuff.... once in a while.

I would be completely surprised to find anything other than South
Carolina clover honey. I've got a jar of it dated 2004 and have yet to
open it.

Jill
Old 02-02-2019, 02:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/1/2019 6:43 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 1/30/2019 11:04 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
This morning I was looking through the cupboards the jar honey to
fill the honey jar.* There were two half jars and one of them was
buckwheat honey. I had forgotten about that stuff. My wife had picked
it up for me thinking that I love the stuff.* She had overestimated
my attitude about the stuff. It is pretty good, but I only like it
once in a while, which is why it had been put away. It as
crystallized so I had to warm it up to liquefy it.** Good stuff....
once in a while.

I would be completely surprised to find anything other than South
Carolina clover honey.* I've got a jar of it dated 2004 and have yet
to open it.

Jill

* We still have 9 quarts of raw unfiltered wildflower honey down in the
cellar . Not even labeled since I didn't intend on selling it .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old 02-02-2019, 02:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 19:38:30 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

[...]

I wonder if there's plastic in it.
Old 02-02-2019, 03:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

No one stores nine quarts of honey, they use it, sell it, or give it
away... Coombs is full of BS... anyone seen his hives, I thought not.
I have many neighbors who keep bees, none horde their honey, they sell
it or barter it. I leave home grown veggies at my neighbor's door,
they leave jars of honey at my door. People who keep bees don't save
honey because they have much more coming... that's why I don't believe
anything Coombs claims... he likely lives in some big city slum
tenement basement appartment... NO BEES... only Bs Coombs sees are
drug dealing *******s.