Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default cupboard cleanout

Tossed a half a cup of semolina I've had for about 7 years. Freed up
an old Tupperware.

Discovered some rye flour - moved it to the front - will have to make
bread soon. Still wondering what I'll ever do with some miller flour
I'm holding onto.

Found two more sets of measuring spoons not in use - assigned a 1/4
tsp. to my container of salt, another to the baking soda, stuck a 1/2
tsp. into the baking powder.

Put 2 C sugar in another container and stashed it in my flour/ bread
making locker. This'll save steps to the main sugar depot.

Used brillo and removed Sharpie markings on some Rubbermaid. With
fat black Sharpie, I wrote the capacity of many Rubbermaids on every
side, top and bottom - this'll help finding the right size when
packing up leftovers after a meal.

Found some cheezy little spreaders - into my next Goodwill pile they
went.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
> Tossed a half a cup of semolina I've had for about 7 years. Freed up
> an old Tupperware.
>
> Discovered some rye flour - moved it to the front - will have to make
> bread soon. Still wondering what I'll ever do with some miller flour
> I'm holding onto.
>
> Found two more sets of measuring spoons not in use - assigned a 1/4
> tsp. to my container of salt, another to the baking soda, stuck a 1/2
> tsp. into the baking powder.
>
> Put 2 C sugar in another container and stashed it in my flour/ bread
> making locker. This'll save steps to the main sugar depot.
>
> Used brillo and removed Sharpie markings on some Rubbermaid. With
> fat black Sharpie, I wrote the capacity of many Rubbermaids on every
> side, top and bottom - this'll help finding the right size when
> packing up leftovers after a meal.
>
> Found some cheezy little spreaders - into my next Goodwill pile they
> went.

Have a yard sale then maybe you can afford some decent food for your cats.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
> Tossed a half a cup of semolina I've had for about 7 years. Freed up
> an old Tupperware.
>
> Discovered some rye flour - moved it to the front - will have to make
> bread soon. Still wondering what I'll ever do with some miller flour
> I'm holding onto.
>
> Found two more sets of measuring spoons not in use - assigned a 1/4
> tsp. to my container of salt, another to the baking soda, stuck a 1/2
> tsp. into the baking powder.
>
> Put 2 C sugar in another container and stashed it in my flour/ bread
> making locker. This'll save steps to the main sugar depot.
>
> Used brillo and removed Sharpie markings on some Rubbermaid. With
> fat black Sharpie, I wrote the capacity of many Rubbermaids on every
> side, top and bottom - this'll help finding the right size when
> packing up leftovers after a meal.
>
> Found some cheezy little spreaders - into my next Goodwill pile they
> went.

Ah, a good day's work! Don't you feel virtuous?

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia wrote:

> Put 2 C sugar in another container and stashed it in my flour/ bread
> making locker. This'll save steps to the main sugar depot.

Point of use storage. A lovely concept I strongly adhere to.

> Used brillo and removed Sharpie markings on some Rubbermaid. With
> fat black Sharpie, I wrote the capacity of many Rubbermaids on every
> side, top and bottom - this'll help finding the right size when
> packing up leftovers after a meal.

I just eye ball it and am rarely wrong. It ain't rocket science, LOL

> Found some cheezy little spreaders - into my next Goodwill pile they
> went.

Did you keep one at least for the next time you're entertaining and need
one for a cheese ball or spread? I like mine (2) because they're white
china with a faux Delft design. I may not use them often but when I need
one I've got it. They're so small they store in my "bar
utensils/entertaining" drawer cubby without problem.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 2, 9:26*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 16:54:29 -0800 (PST), Kalmia wrote:
> > Used brillo and removed Sharpie markings on some Rubbermaid. * With
> > fat black Sharpie, I wrote the capacity of many Rubbermaids on every
> > side, top and bottom *- this'll help finding the right size when
> > packing up leftovers after a meal.

> Assuming you measure the leftovers in another container before
> packaging them.
>
> -sw

Nah - I'm pretty good at eyeballing the amount. I err on the larger
side. Usually, a two or three cupper will do it - I try not to cook
in large quantities.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 3, 3:40*am, Goomba > wrote:
> Kalmia wrote:
> > Put 2 C sugar in another container and stashed it in my flour/ bread
> > making locker. *This'll save steps to the main sugar depot.

> Point of use storage. A lovely concept I strongly adhere to.
>

> > Used brillo and removed Sharpie markings on some Rubbermaid. * With
> > fat black Sharpie, I wrote the capacity of many Rubbermaids on every
> > side, top and bottom *- this'll help finding the right size when
> > packing up leftovers after a meal.

> I just eye ball it and am rarely wrong. It ain't rocket science, LOL
>
> > Found some cheezy little spreaders - into my next Goodwill pile they
> > went.

> Did you keep one at least for the next time you're entertaining and need
> one for a cheese ball or spread? I like mine (2) because they're white
> china with a faux Delft design. I may not use them often but when I need
> one I've got it. They're so small they store in my "bar
> utensils/entertaining" drawer cubby without problem.

I probably own a good half dozen of these - various gifts over the
years etc. I even had a Christmas set once - they were donated years
ago. Another with seashells - musta been the hostess gift du jour
at one time. I do have the room but can't see any need to hang onto
things I'll never use.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia wrote:

> Discovered some rye flour - moved it to the front - will have to make
> bread soon. Still wondering what I'll ever do with some miller flour
> I'm holding onto.

If that's millet - I've had millet bread. I'm wheat intolerant so I try
all sorts of wheat free bread. Millet bread is sweeter and moister than
wheat bread.

It would take some experimentation but I think it would make pretty good
rich pasteries or cakes.