Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Mom's Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar

I just opened a box of my moms stuff, and guess what I found a genuine Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar! Ive done a bit of pricing research, and it is worth at least a thousand dollars. A note in the jar said that my dad bought it for his newlywed wife (my mom!) way back for Easter 1947. Here is some information:

The Famous McCoy Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar:

https://auntjemimacookiejar.com/

The McCoy cookie jars are typically well loved and very hard to find in new condition.

The jar is about a foot tall. It was made between 1944 and 1947.

We have read but not confirmed that over 100,000 of these cookie jars were produced. Literally, these are the only widespread production of Aunt Jemima cookie jars ever made. However, because they were not originally collectors items, and because many were discarded after being considered derogatory, not that many remain

There is more than a bit of nostalgia attached, as one of our housemaids when I was growing up in Memphis we called Aunt Jemimaher real name was Larcey, and she was a wonderful woman who doted on our family. She had a boyfriend, Johnny, and shed always tell us, Tonights, I got me a date wid my MAN Johnny! Shed come in all happy and glowing the next day, and sometimes Id kid her by saying, Now, Larcey, did you ball Johnny last night? (Yes, its true, colored folks get red faces when embarrassed, just like us whites, lol!) When I was little tyke, I sneaked a look in her purse, and opened what I thought was a makeup compact, but inside was a big round rubber thing, which I realized much later was actually a diaphragm - LOL...!!! When Dad was stationed in Thailand, it was not possible for us to take her with us, so there were many tears. We still kept in touch, and she passed away in 1976 at the age of 87 a life well lived, Id say

Anyway, I put this wonderful memento of my parents right out on my kitchen counter the only thing is, I have to place it *securely* so that my Persia wont be able to knock it off when she is up slinking around on the counter!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jill McQuown wrote:

> Anyway, I put this wonderful memento of my parents right out on my kitchen counter the only thing is, I have to place it *securely* so that my Persia wont be able to knock it off when she is up slinking around on the counter!

You are finally so busted! Do you not remember years ago when you
claimed your cat NEVER got on your kitchen countertops? I
remember teasing you for believing that and told you how she did
but just waited until you left the house. lol No, "she never does
that!" You taught her not to.

Well, I knew better but now you finally admit it. It took a good
while though. hahaha
Cats own the house. They only let you live there as long as you
treat them nice and feed them regularly.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/11/2018 12:30 PM, Gary wrote:
> Jill McQuown wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, I put this wonderful memento of my parents right out on my kitchen counter â the only thing is, I have to place it *securely* so that my Persia wonât be able to knock it off when she is up slinking around on the counter!

> You are finally so busted! Do you not remember years ago when you
> claimed your cat NEVER got on your kitchen countertops? I
> remember teasing you for believing that and told you how she did
> but just waited until you left the house. lol No, "she never does
> that!" You taught her not to.
>
> Well, I knew better but now you finally admit it. It took a good
> while though. hahaha
> Cats own the house. They only let you live there as long as you
> treat them nice and feed them regularly.

I never owned an Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar and neither did my mother. I
have no idea where this post came from.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message newsdEbD.12997$%

> I never owned an Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar and neither did my mother. I
> have no idea where this post came from.
>
> Jill

It's GM, and very tiresome at that.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Jill McQuown wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, I put this wonderful memento of my parents right out on my
>> kitchen counter the only thing is, I have to place it *securely* so
>> that my Persia wont be able to knock it off when she is up slinking
>> around on the counter!

> You are finally so busted! Do you not remember years ago when you
> claimed your cat NEVER got on your kitchen countertops? I
> remember teasing you for believing that and told you how she did
> but just waited until you left the house. lol No, "she never does
> that!" You taught her not to.
>
> Well, I knew better but now you finally admit it. It took a good
> while though. hahaha
> Cats own the house. They only let you live there as long as you
> treat them nice and feed them regularly.

You should check the headers before your big, side holding guffaw! Ha Ha

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/11/2018 12:51 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message newsdEbD.12997$%
>
>> I never owned an Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar and neither did my mother.* I
>> have no idea where this post came from.
>>
>> Jill

> It's GM, and very tiresome at that.
>
> Cheri

That figures.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 12:30:49 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Jill McQuown wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, I put this wonderful memento of my parents right out on my kitchen counter the only thing is, I have to place it *securely* so that my Persia wont be able to knock it off when she is up slinking around on the counter!

>You are finally so busted! Do you not remember years ago when you
>claimed your cat NEVER got on your kitchen countertops? I
>remember teasing you for believing that and told you how she did
>but just waited until you left the house. lol No, "she never does
>that!" You taught her not to.
>
>Well, I knew better but now you finally admit it. It took a good
>while though. hahaha
>Cats own the house. They only let you live there as long as you
>treat them nice and feed them regularly.

I never once saw my cat Bucket get up anywhere he shouldn't, but I
knew he checked the counters when we were asleep as in the morning
light from a 15' window over the sink would reflect on the countertop
and there were clear paw prints. Sure they don't do it when you are
present but that likely makes it much more attractive for checking
when you're not.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message newsdEbD.12997$%
>
> > I never owned an Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar and neither did my mother. I
> > have no idea where this post came from.
> >
> > Jill

> It's GM, and very tiresome at that.
>
> Cheri

Yeah, Greg tricked me. It did sound like a normal Jill post
though. I even double checked to see if I was posting to the real
Cheri here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/11/2018 12:53 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Gary" > wrote in message
>>>

> You should check the headers before your big, side holding guffaw! Ha Ha
>
> Cheri

Gary is gullible, isn't he? He fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 10:56:50 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
> I just opened a box of my moms stuff, and guess what I found a genuine Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar! Ive done a bit of pricing research, and it is worth at least a thousand dollars. A note in the jar said that my dad bought it for his newlywed wife (my mom!) way back for Easter 1947. Here is some information:
>
> The Famous McCoy Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar:
>
> https://auntjemimacookiejar.com/

I have the exact same cookie jar sitting on top of my upper cabinets.
I requested it as a Christmas present about 20 years ago and she is
a beauty. Lovely, vibrant colors and no, cookies are not kept in her
or any of my cookies jars. That's what Tupperware is for.

You can sink some serious money into collecting cookie jars.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/11/2018 1:08 PM, wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 12:30:49 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>> Jill McQuown wrote:
>>>
>>> Anyway, I put this wonderful memento of my parents right out on my kitchen counter â the only thing is, I have to place it *securely* so that my Persia wonât be able to knock it off when she is up slinking around on the counter!

>> You are finally so busted! Do you not remember years ago when you
>> claimed your cat NEVER got on your kitchen countertops? I
>> remember teasing you for believing that and told you how she did
>> but just waited until you left the house. lol No, "she never does
>> that!" You taught her not to.
>>
>> Well, I knew better but now you finally admit it. It took a good
>> while though. hahaha
>> Cats own the house. They only let you live there as long as you
>> treat them nice and feed them regularly.

> I never once saw my cat Bucket get up anywhere he shouldn't, but I
> knew he checked the counters when we were asleep as in the morning
> light from a 15' window over the sink would reflect on the countertop
> and there were clear paw prints. Sure they don't do it when you are
> present but that likely makes it much more attractive for checking
> when you're not.

I have no idea why he's crowing about "busting me" based on a fake post.

I'm pretty sure you (as well as me) are aware of what our cats do/have
done when we're not around.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-08-11 12:30 PM, Gary wrote:
> Jill McQuown wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, I put this wonderful memento of my parents right out on my
>> kitchen counter â the only thing is, I have to place it
>> *securely* so that my Persia wonât be able to knock it off when
>> she is up slinking around on the counter!

> You are finally so busted! Do you not remember years ago when you
> claimed your cat NEVER got on your kitchen countertops? I remember
> teasing you for believing that and told you how she did but just
> waited until you left the house. lol No, "she never does that!" You
> taught her not to.

She isn't busted. I believe her old cat met its end and she recently
acquired a stray.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 12:30:49 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>>Jill McQuown wrote:
>>>
>>> Anyway, I put this wonderful memento of my parents right out on my
>>> kitchen counter the only thing is, I have to place it *securely* so
>>> that my Persia wont be able to knock it off when she is up slinking
>>> around on the counter!

>>You are finally so busted! Do you not remember years ago when you
>>claimed your cat NEVER got on your kitchen countertops? I
>>remember teasing you for believing that and told you how she did
>>but just waited until you left the house. lol No, "she never does
>>that!" You taught her not to.
>>
>>Well, I knew better but now you finally admit it. It took a good
>>while though. hahaha
>>Cats own the house. They only let you live there as long as you
>>treat them nice and feed them regularly.

> I never once saw my cat Bucket get up anywhere he shouldn't, but I
> knew he checked the counters when we were asleep as in the morning
> light from a 15' window over the sink would reflect on the countertop
> and there were clear paw prints. Sure they don't do it when you are
> present but that likely makes it much more attractive for checking
> when you're not.

When we had a cat, we crated her at night with the crate close to us, she
actually liked being crated and would go there on her own.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/11/2018 1:27 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-08-11 12:30 PM, Gary wrote:
>> Jill McQuown wrote:
>>>
>>> Anyway, I put this wonderful memento of my parents right out on my
>>> kitchen counter â the only thing is, I have to place it
>>> *securely* so that my Persia wonât be able to knock it off when
>>> she is up slinking around on the counter!

>> You are finally so busted! Do you not remember years ago when you
>> claimed your cat NEVER got on your kitchen countertops? I remember
>> teasing you for believing that and told you how she did but just
>> waited until you left the house. lol No, "she never does that!" You
>> taught her not to.*

> She isn't busted. I believe her old cat met its end and she recently
> acquired a stray.

My cat Persia was an abandoned cat. She'd been front declawed and
spayed so someone had obviously owned her at one time. She showed up at
my back door one night and refused to go away. I let her in and was
suddenly owned by a cat. Yes, she died several years ago at the age
of 16.

I adopted Buffy three years ago after her owner died. She was formerly
a feral... her ear had been notched and she'd been part of the TNR
program on Dataw. Her previous owner took her in after that (she was
still a kitten) so she's well socialized. A total love bug.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 09:51:29 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"jmcquown" > wrote in message newsdEbD.12997$%
>
>> I never owned an Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar and neither did my mother. I
>> have no idea where this post came from.
>>
>> Jill

>It's GM, and very tiresome at that.

This one was funny and not offensive, though. But the ugly Google
layout gave it away.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 17:03:53 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Sat 11 Aug 2018 09:33:19a, jmcquown told us...

>>> You are finally so busted! Do you not remember years ago when you
>>> claimed your cat NEVER got on your kitchen countertops? I
>>> remember teasing you for believing that and told you how she did
>>> but just waited until you left the house. lol No, "she never does
>>> that!" You taught her not to.
>>>
>>> Well, I knew better but now you finally admit it. It took a good
>>> while though. hahaha
>>> Cats own the house. They only let you live there as long as you
>>> treat them nice and feed them regularly.
>>>

>> I never owned an Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar and neither did my mother.
>> I have no idea where this post came from.
>>
>> Jill
>>

>We never owned an Aunt Jemima cookie jar, but my aunt did, along
>withmatching S&P shakers.

Thanks for sharing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 10:39:35 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .

>> I never once saw my cat Bucket get up anywhere he shouldn't, but I
>> knew he checked the counters when we were asleep as in the morning
>> light from a 15' window over the sink would reflect on the countertop
>> and there were clear paw prints. Sure they don't do it when you are
>> present but that likely makes it much more attractive for checking
>> when you're not.

>When we had a cat, we crated her at night with the crate close to us, she
>actually liked being crated and would go there on her own.

That's weird.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Druce" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 09:51:29 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"jmcquown" > wrote in message newsdEbD.12997$%
>>
>>> I never owned an Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar and neither did my mother. I
>>> have no idea where this post came from.
>>>
>>> Jill

>>It's GM, and very tiresome at that.

> This one was funny and not offensive, though. But the ugly Google
> layout gave it away.

I don't find anything funny about posting under someone elses name, the very
fact that someone is doing it instead of owning their own posts full of
drivel is offensive. Period.

Cheri

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 11:25:48 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Druce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 09:51:29 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>>It's GM, and very tiresome at that.

>> This one was funny and not offensive, though. But the ugly Google
>> layout gave it away.

>I don't find anything funny about posting under someone elses name, the very
>fact that someone is doing it instead of owning their own posts full of
>drivel is offensive. Period.

I agree. But the cookie jar was funny and homophobic rants are not.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Druce" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 11:25:48 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Druce" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> This one was funny and not offensive, though. But the ugly Google
>>> layout gave it away.

>>I don't find anything funny about posting under someone elses name, the
>>very
>>fact that someone is doing it instead of owning their own posts full of
>>drivel is offensive. Period.

> I agree. But the cookie jar was funny and homophobic rants are not.

Might be funny to you for someone to forge your name when posting, but not
funny to most adults.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>> I never once saw my cat Bucket get up anywhere he shouldn't, but I
>> knew he checked the counters when we were asleep as in the morning
>> light from a 15' window over the sink would reflect on the countertop
>> and there were clear paw prints. Sure they don't do it when you are
>> present but that likely makes it much more attractive for checking
>> when you're not.

>When we had a cat, we crated her at night with the crate close to us, she
>actually liked being crated and would go there on her own.
>
>Cheri

I don't like to restrict the current cat but she stays clear of me in
the morning if she has decided to get into the linen closet and tip
towels and tea towels out
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/11/2018 2:24 PM, Druce wrote:

>> When we had a cat, we crated her at night with the crate close to us, she
>> actually liked being crated and would go there on her own.

> That's weird.

Cats like going into boxes.
https://imgur.com/t/cats_in_boxes

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Druce wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 11:25:48 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Druce" > wrote in message

>>> This one was funny and not offensive, though. But the ugly Google
>>> layout gave it away.

>> I don't find anything funny about posting under someone elses name, the very
>> fact that someone is doing it instead of owning their own posts full of
>> drivel is offensive. Period.

> I agree. But the cookie jar was funny and homophobic rants are not.

Nonsense! Homophobic rants are just fine. As are long rambling tales of
explicit sexual acts.

Popeye is *always* right, and he frequently does both.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 8/11/2018 2:24 PM, Druce wrote:
>

>>> When we had a cat, we crated her at night with the crate close to us,
>>> she
>>> actually liked being crated and would go there on her own.

>> That's weird.
>>

> Cats like going into boxes.
> https://imgur.com/t/cats_in_boxes

Yep, they sure do. Especially younger cats. I guess it satisfies their
hiding instincts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 11:48:56 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Druce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 11:25:48 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>>I don't find anything funny about posting under someone elses name, the
>>>very
>>>fact that someone is doing it instead of owning their own posts full of
>>>drivel is offensive. Period.

>> I agree. But the cookie jar was funny and homophobic rants are not.

>Might be funny to you for someone to forge your name when posting, but not
>funny to most adults.

I already agreed that you shouldn't post under someone else's name.
I've never done it. Having said that... the cookie jar wasn't
offensive.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 12:33:19 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 8/11/2018 12:30 PM, Gary wrote:
>> Jill McQuown wrote:
>>>
>>> Anyway, I put this wonderful memento of my parents right out on my kitchen counter the only thing is, I have to place it *securely* so that my Persia wont be able to knock it off when she is up slinking around on the counter!

>> You are finally so busted! Do you not remember years ago when you
>> claimed your cat NEVER got on your kitchen countertops? I
>> remember teasing you for believing that and told you how she did
>> but just waited until you left the house. lol No, "she never does
>> that!" You taught her not to.
>>
>> Well, I knew better but now you finally admit it. It took a good
>> while though. hahaha
>> Cats own the house. They only let you live there as long as you
>> treat them nice and feed them regularly.
>>

>I never owned an Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar and neither did my mother. I
>have no idea where this post came from.
>
>Jill

That's an Oprah Winfrey cookie jar. heheheh
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 10:12:04 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 10:56:50 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
>> I just opened a box of my moms stuff, and guess what I found a genuine Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar! Ive done a bit of pricing research, and it is worth at least a thousand dollars. A note in the jar said that my dad bought it for his newlywed wife (my mom!) way back for Easter 1947. Here is some information:
>>
>> The Famous McCoy Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar:
>>
>> https://auntjemimacookiejar.com/
>>

>I have the exact same cookie jar sitting on top of my upper cabinets.
>I requested it as a Christmas present about 20 years ago and she is
>a beauty. Lovely, vibrant colors and no, cookies are not kept in her
>or any of my cookies jars. That's what Tupperware is for.
>
>You can sink some serious money into collecting cookie jars.

We don't have a cookie jar, and I can' remember last we had cookies
here... don't think ever. Last time I baked cookies my daughter was
two years old, some fifty years ago. My wife doesn't eat cookies but
she likes brownies... when I bake them she will cut each in halve and
freeze them in zip-locs and have a half with a cup of tea. I don't
eat cookies or brownies, but I cant resist sticky buns, so I bake them
rarely. I do like gingerbread but I can't remember the last time I
baked any... probably when my daughter was three and I'd bake
gingerbread houses... I still have the cast iron gingerbread house
baking kit. Back then we'd bake and decorate them together.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 10:56:50 AM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> I just opened a box of my moms stuff, and guess what I found a genuine Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar! Ive done a bit of pricing research, and it is worth at least a thousand dollars. A note in the jar said that my dad bought it for his newlywed wife (my mom!) way back for Easter 1947. Here is some information:
>
> The Famous McCoy Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar:
>
> https://auntjemimacookiejar.com/
>
> The McCoy cookie jars are typically well loved and very hard to find in new condition.
>
> The jar is about a foot tall. It was made between 1944 and 1947.
>
> We have read but not confirmed that over 100,000 of these cookie jars were produced. Literally, these are the only widespread production of Aunt Jemima cookie jars ever made. However, because they were not originally collectors items, and because many were discarded after being considered derogatory, not that many remain
>
> There is more than a bit of nostalgia attached, as one of our housemaids when I was growing up in Memphis we called Aunt Jemimaher real name was Larcey, and she was a wonderful woman who doted on our family. She had a boyfriend, Johnny, and shed always tell us, Tonights, I got me a date wid my MAN Johnny! Shed come in all happy and glowing the next day, and sometimes Id kid her by saying, Now, Larcey, did you ball Johnny last night? (Yes, its true, colored folks get red faces when embarrassed, just like us whites, lol!) When I was little tyke, I sneaked a look in her purse, and opened what I thought was a makeup compact, but inside was a big round rubber thing, which I realized much later was actually a diaphragm - LOL...!!! When Dad was stationed in Thailand, it was not possible for us to take her with us, so there were many tears. We still kept in touch, and she passed away in 1976 at the age of 87 a life well lived, Id say
>
> Anyway, I put this wonderful memento of my parents right out on my kitchen counter the only thing is, I have to place it *securely* so that my Persia wont be able to knock it off when she is up slinking around on the counter!

Aunt Jemima anything is RACIST ASS SHIT!!! :-(

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Sheldon wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 12:33:19 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:

> >> You are finally so busted! Do you not remember years ago when you
> >> claimed your cat NEVER got on your kitchen countertops? I
> >> remember teasing you for believing that and told you how she did
> >> but just waited until you left the house. lol No, "she never does
> >> that!" You taught her not to.
> >>
> >> Well, I knew better but now you finally admit it. It took a good
> >> while though. hahaha
> >> Cats own the house. They only let you live there as long as you
> >> treat them nice and feed them regularly.
> >>

> >I never owned an Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar and neither did my mother. I
> >have no idea where this post came from.
> >
> >Jill

> That's an Oprah Winfrey cookie jar. heheheh

I remember in grade school (musta been first grade, c. 1960 - ish) when "Aunt Jemima" visited us for a school assembly in our tiny rural town. She put on a show and sang ISTR...I cannot remember if she was black, or a white in black face...I suspect that the company had quite a number of "Aunt Jemimas" doing the exact same thing around the country.

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Sheldon wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 12:33:19 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:

> >> You are finally so busted! Do you not remember years ago when you
> >> claimed your cat NEVER got on your kitchen countertops? I
> >> remember teasing you for believing that and told you how she did
> >> but just waited until you left the house. lol No, "she never does
> >> that!" You taught her not to.
> >>
> >> Well, I knew better but now you finally admit it. It took a good
> >> while though. hahaha
> >> Cats own the house. They only let you live there as long as you
> >> treat them nice and feed them regularly.
> >>

> >I never owned an Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar and neither did my mother. I
> >have no idea where this post came from.
> >
> >Jill

> That's an Oprah Winfrey cookie jar. heheheh

Does Oprah wear a diaphragm...???

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Cheri wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message ....
> > Jill McQuown wrote:
> >>
> >> Anyway, I put this wonderful memento of my parents right out on my
> >> kitchen counter â the only thing is, I have to place it *securely* so
> >> that my Persia wonât be able to knock it off when she is up slinking
> >> around on the counter!

> > You are finally so busted! Do you not remember years ago when you
> > claimed your cat NEVER got on your kitchen countertops? I
> > remember teasing you for believing that and told you how she did
> > but just waited until you left the house. lol No, "she never does
> > that!" You taught her not to.
> >
> > Well, I knew better but now you finally admit it. It took a good
> > while though. hahaha
> > Cats own the house. They only let you live there as long as you
> > treat them nice and feed them regularly.

> You should check the headers before your big, side holding guffaw! Ha Ha

Lol...I use the krappy Google Froups posting interface, I thought it would be a simple task for all these experienced Usenetters to see that this post was from me, and not Jill, I am surprised this silly post got even *one* response...

Anyways, it has turned into an interesting thread...I mean who does not love cats (atop counters or in boxes...), cookies, cookie jars, Oprah, etc....

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Gary wrote:

> Cheri wrote:
> >
> > "jmcquown" > wrote in message newsdEbD.12997$%
> >
> > > I never owned an Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar and neither did my mother. I
> > > have no idea where this post came from.
> > >
> > > Jill

> > It's GM, and very tiresome at that.
> >
> > Cheri

> Yeah, Greg tricked me. It did sound like a normal Jill post
> though. I even double checked to see if I was posting to the real
> Cheri here.

It is easy to "spoof" Jill, she is a motormouth as regards practically everything in her life, the whole archive of her life's doings are here on rfc.

It is easy to spot the real and the fake Cheri (and she is someone I'd never "spoof" anyways)...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Saturday, 11 August 2018 13:22:38 UTC-5, Druce wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 09:51:29 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
> >"jmcquown" > wrote in message newsdEbD.12997$%
> >
> >> I never owned an Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar and neither did my mother. I
> >> have no idea where this post came from.
> >>
> >> Jill

> >It's GM, and very tiresome at that.

> This one was funny and not offensive, though. But the ugly Google
> layout gave it away.

Yup, exactly...why did peeps not immediately see that it was from the clunky Goog interface...so much for all the haughty talk "adjusting my killfile filters", lol...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"GM" > wrote in message
> It is easy to spot the real and the fake Cheri (and she is someone I'd
> never "spoof" anyways)...
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

Thank you. I have some really nasty insect type trolls to deal with.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Druce wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 17:03:53 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:

> >> I never owned an Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar and neither did my mother.
> >> I have no idea where this post came from.
> >>
> >> Jill
> >>

> >We never owned an Aunt Jemima cookie jar, but my aunt did, along
> >withmatching S&P shakers.

> Thanks for sharing.

Oh, was that really Lil' Wayne, or Dave Smith *forging* Lil' Wayne...???

lol...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 8/11/2018 2:24 PM, Druce wrote:
>

> >> When we had a cat, we crated her at night with the crate close to us, she
> >> actually liked being crated and would go there on her own.

> > That's weird.
> >

> Cats like going into boxes.
> https://imgur.com/t/cats_in_boxes

The larger the cat, the smaller the box, it seems many times. A friend has a HUGE Maine Coon, must be about three feet long, he will spend considerable time trying to squeeze into a normal - sized shoe box. Ain't gonna happen, but he is always at it...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Cheri wrote:

> "GM" > wrote in message
> > It is easy to spot the real and the fake Cheri (and she is someone I'd
> > never "spoof" anyways)...
> >
> > --
> > Best
> > Greg

> Thank you. I have some really nasty insect type trolls to deal with.

You are nice and a valued poster, so's I'd never "bug" you in any case...

;-D

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-08-12 8:30 AM, GM wrote:
> Cheri wrote:
>

> Anyways, it has turned into an interesting thread...I mean who does not love cats

I don't, for one!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

> On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 10:56:50 AM UTC-5, GM wrote:

>> I just opened a box of my moms stuff, and guess what I found a genuine Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar! Ive done a bit of pricing research, and it is worth at least a thousand dollars. A note in the jar said that my dad bought it for his newlywed wife (my mom!) way back for Easter 1947. Here is some information:
>>
>> The Famous McCoy Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar:
>>
>> https://auntjemimacookiejar.com/
>>
>> The McCoy cookie jars are typically well loved and very hard to find in new condition.
>>
>> The jar is about a foot tall. It was made between 1944 and 1947.
>>
>> We have read but not confirmed that over 100,000 of these cookie jars were produced. Literally, these are the only widespread production of Aunt Jemima cookie jars ever made. However, because they were not originally collectors items, and because many were discarded after being considered derogatory, not that many remain
>>
>> There is more than a bit of nostalgia attached, as one of our housemaids when I was growing up in Memphis we called Aunt Jemimaher real name was Larcey, and she was a wonderful woman who doted on our family. She had a boyfriend, Johnny, and shed always tell us, Tonights, I got me a date wid my MAN Johnny! Shed come in all happy and glowing the next day, and sometimes Id kid her by saying, Now, Larcey, did you ball Johnny last night? (Yes, its true, colored folks get red faces when embarrassed, just like us whites, lol!) When I was little tyke, I sneaked a look in her purse, and opened what I thought was a makeup compact, but inside was a big round rubber thing, which I realized much later was actually a diaphragm - LOL...!!! When Dad was stationed in Thailand, it was not possible for us to take her with us, so there were many tears. We still kept in touch, and she passed away in 1976 at the age of 87 a life well lived, Id say
>>
>> Anyway, I put this wonderful memento of my parents right out on my kitchen counter the only thing is, I have to place it *securely* so that my Persia wont be able to knock it off when she is up slinking around on the counter!

> Aunt Jemima anything is RACIST ASS SHIT!!! :-(
>
> John Kuthe...

It WAS very racist. However, the motives for appreciating such things
vary. For one thing, it reflects society as it was (and unfortunately
still seems to be to a disturbing extent). Seeing such items,
appreciating such items, doesn't necessarily mean one is a racist. It
can be an acknowledgment of an unpalatable past.