Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Mom's Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar

On 8/11/2018 1:27 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-08-11 12:30 PM, Gary wrote:
>> Jill McQuown wrote:
>>>
>>> Anyway, I put this wonderful memento of my parents right out on my
>>> kitchen counter €€œ the only thing is, I have to place it
>>> *securely* so that my Persia won€„¢t be able to knock it off when
>>> she is up slinking around on the counter!

>> You are finally so busted! Do you not remember years ago when you
>> claimed your cat NEVER got on your kitchen countertops? I remember
>> teasing you for believing that and told you how she did but just
>> waited until you left the house. lol No, "she never does that!" You
>> taught her not to.Â*

> She isn't busted. I believe her old cat met its end and she recently
> acquired a stray.

My cat Persia was an abandoned cat. She'd been front declawed and
spayed so someone had obviously owned her at one time. She showed up at
my back door one night and refused to go away. I let her in and was
suddenly owned by a cat. Yes, she died several years ago at the age
of 16.

I adopted Buffy three years ago after her owner died. She was formerly
a feral... her ear had been notched and she'd been part of the TNR
program on Dataw. Her previous owner took her in after that (she was
still a kitten) so she's well socialized. A total love bug.

Jill