Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] lucretiaborgia@fl.it is offline

Default Mom's Aunt Jemima Cookie Jar

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 12:30:49 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Jill McQuown wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, I put this wonderful memento of my parents right out on my kitchen counter €“ the only thing is, I have to place it *securely* so that my Persia wont be able to knock it off when she is up slinking around on the counter!

>You are finally so busted! Do you not remember years ago when you
>claimed your cat NEVER got on your kitchen countertops? I
>remember teasing you for believing that and told you how she did
>but just waited until you left the house. lol No, "she never does
>that!" You taught her not to.
>
>Well, I knew better but now you finally admit it. It took a good
>while though. hahaha
>Cats own the house. They only let you live there as long as you
>treat them nice and feed them regularly.

I never once saw my cat Bucket get up anywhere he shouldn't, but I
knew he checked the counters when we were asleep as in the morning
light from a 15' window over the sink would reflect on the countertop
and there were clear paw prints. Sure they don't do it when you are
present but that likely makes it much more attractive for checking
when you're not.