Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Here's a Question

On 7/14/2018 11:39 AM, Cheri wrote:

> That might be true but what about sores on hands and arms. This pic in
> the Stockton Record a few years ago, on the front page I might add, is
> disgusting. Who wants scabs in their food?
>
> https://postimg.cc/image/mzswpg9u9/e9002c5a/
>
> Cheri

They are all natural and organic so they must be good for you. They
also add texture and crunch.

Many years ago while in high school I worked in a grocery/deli/sandwich
shop. ;ater in a butcher shop. No one wore gloves. No oe ever heard of
such a thing, yet none of our customers died. I sliced many pounds of
cold cut with my bare hands.

At the end of the day we washed everything with a bleach solution and
scraped the butcher blocks with sawdust and a flat blade wire brush.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 2:55:38 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2018-07-14 12:27 PM, wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 9:03:21 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> > I see people separating eggs using their hands and even though I know their
> > hands are clean, that just strikes me as nasty.

> What is it that makes it nasty? Is it concern about the fingers
> contaminating the eggs, or is it the eggs contaminating the hand? I
> have absolutely no qualms about holding back the yolk with my fingers
> while the whites slide through, but I know several people who are
> squeamish about it. The same people tend not to touch raw meat.

As I said I have no trouble handling raw meat but separating eggs with your
fingers just strikes me as nasty even though you may have scrubbed your hands
as if going into brain surgery. Then you've got to stop and wash your hands,
I HOPE, unless you think handling everything else with that eggy hand is ok.

> > What happened to using the
> > egg shells to separate yolks and whites??

> Once on a while you get a sharp edge that punctures the yolk. You have
> to pour the innards back and forth a few times, taking extra time and
> increasing the odds of getting some yolk into the whites. Running it
> through you fingers is so much faster.

If you've punctured the yolk you're not going to keep it from oozing
between your fingers even if you have 10 fingers on one hand.

> > Handling raw meat bare handed doesn't faze me at all. When I start cooking
> > I always run a sink less than half full of soapy water and use that to do
> > a bit of washing up as I go and to also do handwashing after handling foods.

> That's what I usually do.

At least we agree on one thing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 3:20:14 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> I stopped wearing a watch a long time ago but started wearing it again but then I misplaced my watch. If I can find it, I'd like to start up again. It's a very cool watch with a titanium case and band. What I don't understand are those huge watches that are being sold. Perhaps they are made for giants.

I don't understand those watches as big as dinner plates, either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 7/14/2018 11:39 AM, Cheri wrote:
>

>> That might be true but what about sores on hands and arms. This pic in
>> the Stockton Record a few years ago, on the front page I might add, is
>> disgusting. Who wants scabs in their food?
>>
>> https://postimg.cc/image/mzswpg9u9/e9002c5a/
>>
>> Cheri

> They are all natural and organic so they must be good for you. They also
> add texture and crunch.
>
> Many years ago while in high school I worked in a grocery/deli/sandwich
> shop. ;ater in a butcher shop. No one wore gloves. No oe ever heard of
> such a thing, yet none of our customers died. I sliced many pounds of
> cold cut with my bare hands.
>
> At the end of the day we washed everything with a bleach solution and
> scraped the butcher blocks with sawdust and a flat blade wire brush.

There's a lot of things they didn't do in the old days that they do now. We
used to put turkeys, chickens, meats etc. on the counter to defrost when I
was kid, nobody died, but it's not a good idea.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/14/2018 8:19 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
>> On 7/14/2018 11:39 AM, Cheri wrote:
>>

>>> That might be true but what about sores on hands and arms. This pic
>>> in the Stockton Record a few years ago, on the front page I might
>>> add, is disgusting. Who wants scabs in their food?
>>>
>>> https://postimg.cc/image/mzswpg9u9/e9002c5a/
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> They are all natural and organic so they must be good for you.* They
>> also add texture and crunch.
>>
>> Many years ago while in high school I worked in a
>> grocery/deli/sandwich shop. ;ater in a butcher shop.* No one wore
>> gloves.* No oe ever heard of such a thing, yet none of our customers
>> died.* I sliced many pounds of cold cut with my bare hands.
>>
>> At the end of the day we washed everything with a bleach solution and
>> scraped the butcher blocks with sawdust and a flat blade wire brush.

> There's a lot of things they didn't do in the old days that they do now.
> We used to put turkeys, chickens, meats etc. on the counter to defrost
> when I was kid, nobody died, but it's not a good idea.
>
> Cheri

I see a commercial for some Clorox (?) cleaning product that contains
bleach. It features a woman manhandling (okay, seasoning?) a raw turkey
on her kitchen countertop and the other woman is critizing her choice of
cleaning product. I just want to know why the turkey isn't in a
roasting pan.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
news
> On 7/14/2018 8:19 PM, Cheri wrote:

>>> They are all natural and organic so they must be good for you. They also
>>> add texture and crunch.
>>>
>>> Many years ago while in high school I worked in a grocery/deli/sandwich
>>> shop. ;ater in a butcher shop. No one wore gloves. No oe ever heard of
>>> such a thing, yet none of our customers died. I sliced many pounds of
>>> cold cut with my bare hands.
>>>
>>> At the end of the day we washed everything with a bleach solution and
>>> scraped the butcher blocks with sawdust and a flat blade wire brush.

>> There's a lot of things they didn't do in the old days that they do now.
>> We used to put turkeys, chickens, meats etc. on the counter to defrost
>> when I was kid, nobody died, but it's not a good idea.
>>
>> Cheri

> I see a commercial for some Clorox (?) cleaning product that contains
> bleach. It features a woman manhandling (okay, seasoning?) a raw turkey
> on her kitchen countertop and the other woman is critizing her choice of
> cleaning product. I just want to know why the turkey isn't in a roasting
> pan.
>
> Jill

Good question. I have not seen that one.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/14/2018 8:19 PM, Cheri wrote:

> There's a lot of things they didn't do in the old days that they do now.
> We used to put turkeys, chickens, meats etc. on the counter to defrost
> when I was kid, nobody died, but it's not a good idea.
>
> Cheri

I still do defrost some things for a little while like that. Not a big
turkey, but a couple of pork chops or a steak will defrost quickly on
the aluminum griddle.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 22:38:07 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 7/14/2018 8:19 PM, Cheri wrote:
>
>> There's a lot of things they didn't do in the old days that they do now.
>> We used to put turkeys, chickens, meats etc. on the counter to defrost
>> when I was kid, nobody died, but it's not a good idea.
>>
>> Cheri

>I still do defrost some things for a little while like that. Not a big
>turkey, but a couple of pork chops or a steak will defrost quickly on
>the aluminum griddle.

Chicken's different.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, jmcquown
> wrote:

> If you wear rings, do you wear them when you are cooking?
>
> I often see cooking shows where people are wearing rings while kneading
> dough or tossing things like potatoes or other vegetables with oil
> before putting them on a baking sheet. I have to wonder, doesn't that
> muck them up? I always take my jewelry off before I cook. I also
> frequently wash my hands so hey, I don't want to accidentally wash a
> ring down the drain. Don't set them on the window sill above the sink!
>
> What say you?

I've worn my wedding ring for nearly 48 years. It has been off my hand
for probably a total of three hours during surgeries because they
insisted. Obviously, it fits well, so I don't even think about it. It
is the only jewelry that I wear.
Nobody thought I knew what virtue signaling was.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Leonard Blaisdell" wrote in message

In article >, jmcquown
> wrote:

> If you wear rings, do you wear them when you are cooking?
>
> I often see cooking shows where people are wearing rings while kneading
> dough or tossing things like potatoes or other vegetables with oil
> before putting them on a baking sheet. I have to wonder, doesn't that
> muck them up? I always take my jewelry off before I cook. I also
> frequently wash my hands so hey, I don't want to accidentally wash a
> ring down the drain. Don't set them on the window sill above the sink!
>
> What say you?

I've worn my wedding ring for nearly 48 years. It has been off my hand
for probably a total of three hours during surgeries because they
insisted. Obviously, it fits well, so I don't even think about it. It
is the only jewelry that I wear.
Nobody thought I knew what virtue signaling was.

leo

==

I never take mine off. For surgery they have wrapped a 'band aid?' around
it.

For Brits it was a plaster.

Did they ask you about virtue signalling then ;p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Ophelia
> wrote:

> Did they ask you about virtue signalling then ;p

Nope. You taught me that.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Leonard Blaisdell" wrote in message

In article >, Ophelia
> wrote:

> Did they ask you about virtue signalling then ;p

Nope. You taught me that.

leo

==

Eeh bah gum, you know all about it now)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 8:42:15 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 7/14/2018 8:19 PM, Cheri wrote:

> >> They are all natural and organic so they must be good for you.Â* They
> >> also add texture and crunch.
> >>
> >> Many years ago while in high school I worked in a
> >> grocery/deli/sandwich shop. ;ater in a butcher shop.Â* No one wore
> >> gloves.Â* No oe ever heard of such a thing, yet none of our customers
> >> died.Â* I sliced many pounds of cold cut with my bare hands.
> >>
> >> At the end of the day we washed everything with a bleach solution and
> >> scraped the butcher blocks with sawdust and a flat blade wire brush.

> > There's a lot of things they didn't do in the old days that they do now..
> > We used to put turkeys, chickens, meats etc. on the counter to defrost
> > when I was kid, nobody died, but it's not a good idea.
> >
> > Cheri

> I see a commercial for some Clorox (?) cleaning product that contains
> bleach. It features a woman manhandling (okay, seasoning?) a raw turkey
> on her kitchen countertop and the other woman is critizing her choice of
> cleaning product. I just want to know why the turkey isn't in a
> roasting pan.
>
> Jill

I manhandle my turkey on the countertop. If the roasting pan is wet from
having the turkey in it while manhandling, the Pam won't stick to it.

Once the turkey is on the rack in the pan, I spray the countertop with
50/50 water/isopropanol and wipe it clean.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I manhandle my turkey on the countertop.

TMI
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > I manhandle my turkey on the countertop.

> TMI

Funny....I kept trying to say (3 plus signs followed by A+T+H)
for my response but each time I sent the message, my computer
hung up as that's the command for doing that. lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 8:42:15 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 7/14/2018 8:19 PM, Cheri wrote:

> >> They are all natural and organic so they must be good for you. They
> >> also add texture and crunch.
> >>
> >> Many years ago while in high school I worked in a
> >> grocery/deli/sandwich shop. ;ater in a butcher shop. No one wore
> >> gloves. No oe ever heard of such a thing, yet none of our customers
> >> died. I sliced many pounds of cold cut with my bare hands.
> >>
> >> At the end of the day we washed everything with a bleach solution and
> >> scraped the butcher blocks with sawdust and a flat blade wire brush.

> > There's a lot of things they didn't do in the old days that they do now.
> > We used to put turkeys, chickens, meats etc. on the counter to defrost
> > when I was kid, nobody died, but it's not a good idea.
> >
> > Cheri

> I see a commercial for some Clorox (?) cleaning product that contains
> bleach. It features a woman manhandling (okay, seasoning?) a raw turkey
> on her kitchen countertop and the other woman is critizing her choice of
> cleaning product. I just want to know why the turkey isn't in a
> roasting pan.
>
> Jill

I manhandle my turkey on the countertop. If the roasting pan is wet from
having the turkey in it while manhandling, the Pam won't stick to it.

Once the turkey is on the rack in the pan, I spray the countertop with
50/50 water/isopropanol and wipe it clean.

Cindy Hamilton

===

I put mine on a sheet pan when messing with it, but I have tile counters and
wouldn't want any of it around the grout, did I mention that I hate tile
counters. :-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 9:01:02 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Gary wrote:
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > >
> > > I manhandle my turkey on the countertop.

> > TMI

> Funny....I kept trying to say (3 plus signs followed by A+T+H)
> for my response but each time I sent the message, my computer
> hung up as that's the command for doing that. lol

Your computer is "helping you to death" again, eh? ;-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 10:23:40 AM UTC-4, Cheri wrote:

> I put mine on a sheet pan when messing with it, but I have tile counters and
> wouldn't want any of it around the grout, did I mention that I hate tile
> counters. :-)
>
> Cheri

Tile counters are comparatively rare here. Mine are laminate, vintage 1985.

If I had tile, I'd use a sheet pan, too. OTOH, we probably would have
remodeled the kitchen by now.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 10:23:40 AM UTC-4, Cheri wrote:

> I put mine on a sheet pan when messing with it, but I have tile counters and
> wouldn't want any of it around the grout, did I mention that I hate tile
> counters. :-)
>
> Cheri

Tile counters are comparatively rare here. Mine are laminate, vintage 1985.

If I had tile, I'd use a sheet pan, too. OTOH, we probably would have
remodeled the kitchen by now.

Cindy Hamilton
=========

No, we spent a ton on new air/heat unit, new roof, and a whole lot of plumbing
fixes, new toilets, new floors in bathrooms etc., plus upgrading the pipes in
the yards. We're old now, so the tile stays, just don't manhandle any kind of
meat on it without a sheet pan underneath.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 12:26:16 PM UTC-4, Cheri wrote:
> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
>
> On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 10:23:40 AM UTC-4, Cheri wrote:
>
> > I put mine on a sheet pan when messing with it, but I have tile counters and
> > wouldn't want any of it around the grout, did I mention that I hate tile
> > counters. :-)
> >
> > Cheri

> Tile counters are comparatively rare here. Mine are laminate, vintage 1985.
>
> If I had tile, I'd use a sheet pan, too. OTOH, we probably would have
> remodeled the kitchen by now.
>
> Cindy Hamilton
> =========
>
> No, we spent a ton on new air/heat unit, new roof, and a whole lot of plumbing
> fixes, new toilets, new floors in bathrooms etc., plus upgrading the pipes in
> the yards. We're old now, so the tile stays, just don't manhandle any kind of
> meat on it without a sheet pan underneath.
>
> Cheri

Pretty much the same for us. The kitchen has always been on our list, and
I still hope we'll get to it. If it had tile countertops, we might have
moved it higher up the list.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 12:26:16 PM UTC-4, Cheri wrote:
> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
>
> On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 10:23:40 AM UTC-4, Cheri wrote:
>
> > I put mine on a sheet pan when messing with it, but I have tile counters and
> > wouldn't want any of it around the grout, did I mention that I hate tile
> > counters. :-)
> >
> > Cheri

> Tile counters are comparatively rare here. Mine are laminate, vintage 1985.
>
> If I had tile, I'd use a sheet pan, too. OTOH, we probably would have
> remodeled the kitchen by now.
>
> Cindy Hamilton
> =========
>
> No, we spent a ton on new air/heat unit, new roof, and a whole lot of plumbing
> fixes, new toilets, new floors in bathrooms etc., plus upgrading the pipes in
> the yards. We're old now, so the tile stays, just don't manhandle any kind of
> meat on it without a sheet pan underneath.
>
> Cheri

Pretty much the same for us. The kitchen has always been on our list, and
I still hope we'll get to it. If it had tile countertops, we might have
moved it higher up the list.

Cindy Hamilton
==========

The bad thing is, we replaced most of the appliances and the floor, but the
cabinets are still in really good shape (I believe because the kids were all
grown when we bought this house) and I love all the pull out features in them.
Actually, the tile is still in good shape too, just hate it for any kind of prep
work. I do have a portable butcher block, but sill...

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 10:01:05 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Gary wrote:
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> >
>> > I manhandle my turkey on the countertop.

>> TMI

>Funny....I kept trying to say (3 plus signs followed by A+T+H)
>for my response but each time I sent the message, my computer
>hung up as that's the command for doing that. lol

Are you still on dial-up and making monthly payments for Wayne's
signatures?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 12:37:28 PM UTC-4, Cheri wrote:
> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
>
> On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 12:26:16 PM UTC-4, Cheri wrote:
> > "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
> >
> > On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 10:23:40 AM UTC-4, Cheri wrote:
> >
> > > I put mine on a sheet pan when messing with it, but I have tile counters and
> > > wouldn't want any of it around the grout, did I mention that I hate tile
> > > counters. :-)
> > >
> > > Cheri

> > Tile counters are comparatively rare here. Mine are laminate, vintage 1985.
> >
> > If I had tile, I'd use a sheet pan, too. OTOH, we probably would have
> > remodeled the kitchen by now.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> > =========
> >
> > No, we spent a ton on new air/heat unit, new roof, and a whole lot of plumbing
> > fixes, new toilets, new floors in bathrooms etc., plus upgrading the pipes in
> > the yards. We're old now, so the tile stays, just don't manhandle any kind of
> > meat on it without a sheet pan underneath.
> >
> > Cheri

> Pretty much the same for us. The kitchen has always been on our list, and
> I still hope we'll get to it. If it had tile countertops, we might have
> moved it higher up the list.
>
> Cindy Hamilton
> ==========
>
> The bad thing is, we replaced most of the appliances and the floor, but the
> cabinets are still in really good shape (I believe because the kids were all
> grown when we bought this house) and I love all the pull out features in them.
> Actually, the tile is still in good shape too, just hate it for any kind of prep
> work. I do have a portable butcher block, but sill...
>
> Cheri

That's a tough one. Our cabinets are cheap and old. Not even worth
refacing. Still, they work well enough, which is why the kitchen got
pushed to the bottom of the list.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I always thought Paula Deen wore her wedding ring(s) just to show them off. ;-))

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
>I always thought Paula Deen wore her wedding ring(s) just to show them off.
>;-))
>
> N.

And Ree Drummond too.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 2:53:22 PM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:

> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>
> >I always thought Paula Deen wore her wedding ring(s) just to show them off.
> >;-))
> >
> > N.

> And Ree Drummond too.
>
> Cheri

But Ree's doesn't look like they're an inch wide with 300 hundred
diamonds in them plus another 3 rings stacked on top of each other.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 13:30:25 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 2:53:22 PM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:
>>
>> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>>
>> >I always thought Paula Deen wore her wedding ring(s) just to show them off.
>> >;-))
>> >
>> > N.

>> And Ree Drummond too.
>>
>> Cheri
>>

>But Ree's doesn't look like they're an inch wide with 300 hundred
>diamonds in them plus another 3 rings stacked on top of each other.

Rachael Ray did too until the new wore off the marriage. Paula, Ree
and Rachael are not trained chefs but rather TV cooking personalities.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 3:41:09 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> Paula, Ree
> and Rachael are not trained chefs but rather TV cooking personalities.

True.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> If you wear rings, do you wear them when you are cooking?
>
> I often see cooking shows where people are wearing rings while
> kneading dough or tossing things like potatoes or other vegetables
> with oil before putting them on a baking sheet. I have to wonder,
> doesn't that muck them up? I always take my jewelry off before I
> cook. I also frequently wash my hands so hey, I don't want to
> accidentally wash a ring down the drain. Don't set them on the
> window sill above the sink!
>
> What say you?
>
> Jill

I don't think about my wedding ring (only one I wear). It's a plain
gold band that doesn't snag stockings and such.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-15 2:41 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 13:30:25 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:

>>> And Ree Drummond too.
>>>
>>> Cheri
>>>

>> But Ree's doesn't look like they're an inch wide with 300 hundred
>> diamonds in them plus another 3 rings stacked on top of each other.

> Rachael Ray did too until the new wore off the marriage. Paula, Ree
> and Rachael are not trained chefs but rather TV cooking personalities.

Nigella too!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 4:42:06 PM UTC-5, graham wrote:

> On 2018-07-15 2:41 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> > On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 13:30:25 -0700 (PDT), "
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> But Ree's doesn't look like they're an inch wide with 300 hundred
> >> diamonds in them plus another 3 rings stacked on top of each other.

> > Rachael Ray did too until the new wore off the marriage. Paula, Ree
> > and Rachael are not trained chefs but rather TV cooking personalities.
> >

> Nigella too!

Yep. I watched her show today that I had recorded yesterday. She's
finally back on the air and she's on my local PBS station. Although
she's never cooked anything that has inspired me to try, I do enjoy
her show.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 4:42:06 PM UTC-5, graham wrote:
>>
>> On 2018-07-15 2:41 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> > On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 13:30:25 -0700 (PDT), "

>> > Rachael Ray did too until the new wore off the marriage. Paula, Ree
>> > and Rachael are not trained chefs but rather TV cooking personalities.
>> >

>> Nigella too!
>>

> Yep. I watched her show today that I had recorded yesterday. She's
> finally back on the air and she's on my local PBS station. Although
> she's never cooked anything that has inspired me to try, I do enjoy
> her show.

I tried something once, the lentils and sausage which was quite good, but I
like watching her because she's calming, not running around like a chicken
with it's head cut off, I like Rory O'Connell for the same reason.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 5:22:27 PM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:

> > wrote in message
> >
> > Yep. I watched her show today that I had recorded yesterday. She's
> > finally back on the air and she's on my local PBS station. Although
> > she's never cooked anything that has inspired me to try, I do enjoy
> > her show.

> I tried something once, the lentils and sausage which was quite good, but I
> like watching her because she's calming, not running around like a chicken
> with it's head cut off, I like Rory O'Connell for the same reason.
>
> Cheri

I've never heard of him and looking him up doesn't ring a bell either.

Definitely not a fan of Wretched Ray so I've never prepared anything she
cooks.

None of the recipes I tried from Paula Deen in her heyday were good even
after following them to the letter.

I've made one or two things, desserts, of Ree Drummonds and they've been
a hit.

Everything I've prepared that Ina Garten has shown has been excellent.
She's calming as well.

I once watched the cook/chef that has the spikey blonde hair like Guy
Fieri/Fieti/Ferry (his real last name). She was preparing a steak
with all the trimmings just like she'd get at a steak restaurant. She
was simply G-A-L-L-O-P-I-N-G around the kitchen saying she could pre-
pare it in 30 minutes like the restaurant would. Nope, nope, didn't
believe her for one minute she could accomplish that meal in 30 minutes.
She lost all credibility with me and I've not been tempted to ever
watch her again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 15:41:58 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 5:22:27 PM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message
>> >
>> > Yep. I watched her show today that I had recorded yesterday. She's
>> > finally back on the air and she's on my local PBS station. Although
>> > she's never cooked anything that has inspired me to try, I do enjoy
>> > her show.

>> I tried something once, the lentils and sausage which was quite good, but I
>> like watching her because she's calming, not running around like a chicken
>> with it's head cut off, I like Rory O'Connell for the same reason.
>>
>> Cheri
>>

>I've never heard of him and looking him up doesn't ring a bell either.
>
>Definitely not a fan of Wretched Ray so I've never prepared anything she
>cooks.
>
>None of the recipes I tried from Paula Deen in her heyday were good even
>after following them to the letter.
>
>I've made one or two things, desserts, of Ree Drummonds and they've been
>a hit.
>
>Everything I've prepared that Ina Garten has shown has been excellent.
>She's calming as well.

We could all be that calming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2atr-SKjM8E
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 5:48:27 PM UTC-5, Druce wrote:

> We could all be that calming:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2atr-SKjM8E

You lost me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 15:58:00 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 5:48:27 PM UTC-5, Druce wrote:
>>
>> We could all be that calming:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2atr-SKjM8E
>>

>You lost me.

I think she's on Zoloft.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 15:41:58 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

snip
>I once watched the cook/chef that has the spikey blonde hair like Guy
>Fieri/Fieti/Ferry (his real last name). She was preparing a steak
>with all the trimmings just like she'd get at a steak restaurant. She
>was simply G-A-L-L-O-P-I-N-G around the kitchen saying she could pre-
>pare it in 30 minutes like the restaurant would. Nope, nope, didn't
>believe her for one minute she could accomplish that meal in 30 minutes.
>She lost all credibility with me and I've not been tempted to ever
>watch her again.

He pronounces his name Fee-et-ee, so I go with that.
She is a chef, owns her own restaurant (s) and does cook in them. I'm
not a fan of hers because she is so hyper