Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Here's a Question

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 15:39:29 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 7/17/2018 1:48 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 12:55:34 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:
>>
>> snip
>>>
>>> I did see something on PBS last weekend about Jacques Pepin. He got his
>>> start in the United States cooking (for a decade!) at *Howard Johnsons*.
>>> A chain of hotels/restaurants. Could have knocked me over with a feather!
>>>
>>> Jill

>> that's a great story! I didn't know
>>

>I didn't know, either! I was so surprised to watch PBS. Really?
>Jaques Pepin was a cook at Hojo's for a decade? Wow.
>
>You can find clips about him talking about his fried clam strips. Fun
>stuff, yeah, he cooked cheap fried food at Howard Johnson's. Fun!
>
>Jill

He still cooks regular people food on his show.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 13:35:58 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2018-07-17 1:16 PM, Cheri wrote:

>>> Most of the women I know don't sit around dissecting mens qualities
>>> based on body parts or whether or not they have hair or a tight butt.
>>> Is there a book club sort of gathering for us to sit around and
>>> discuss these things?
>>>
>>> Jill

>> All of the women I've known all my life discuss men, their looks,
>> manners. faults etc.
>>
>> Cheri

>And I've overheard staid, conservative, middle-aged women discuss the
>merits of the tight arse on a male model in a department store flyer:-)

I thought Jill and you didn't even live in the same country.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 09:20:39 -0600, U.S. Janet B speaking of Giada
DeLaurentis

>She was never over weight. I can't believe that men judge a woman
>because she looks like she has a large head.

Are you saying women don't judge based on looks, if that was true, there
would be no comments on the POTUS looks for example, just his actions, but
women saying he has a large head would be the least of the really terrible
things said about his looks by them, so believe it, women do too.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 3:36:01 PM UTC-4, graham wrote:
> On 2018-07-17 1:16 PM, Cheri wrote:

> >> Most of the women I know don't sit around dissecting mens qualities
> >> based on body parts or whether or not they have hair or a tight butt.
> >> Is there a book club sort of gathering for us to sit around and
> >> discuss these things?
> >>
> >> Jill

> > All of the women I've known all my life discuss men, their looks,
> > manners. faults etc.
> >
> > Cheri

> And I've overheard staid, conservative, middle-aged women discuss the
> merits of the tight arse on a male model in a department store flyer:-)

The things I miss by not having any female friends...

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 13:41:21 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 15:39:29 -0400, jmcquown >
>wrote:
>
>>On 7/17/2018 1:48 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 12:55:34 -0400, jmcquown >
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> snip

>>> that's a great story! I didn't know
>>>

>>I didn't know, either! I was so surprised to watch PBS. Really?
>>Jaques Pepin was a cook at Hojo's for a decade? Wow.
>>
>>You can find clips about him talking about his fried clam strips. Fun
>>stuff, yeah, he cooked cheap fried food at Howard Johnson's. Fun!
>>
>>Jill

>He still cooks regular people food on his show.

He always used to credit his rise to fame to Julia.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 12:47:26 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 3:36:01 PM UTC-4, graham wrote:

>> > All of the women I've known all my life discuss men, their looks,
>> > manners. faults etc.
>> >
>> > Cheri

>> And I've overheard staid, conservative, middle-aged women discuss the
>> merits of the tight arse on a male model in a department store flyer:-)

>The things I miss by not having any female friends...
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I have plenty of female friends but we tend to discuss more
interesting things than male arses.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 7/17/2018 1:08 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> On 7/17/2018 11:20 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>>> She was never over weight. I can't believe that men judge a woman
>>> because she looks like she has a large head. I always thought her
>>> decolletage was attractive and modest. Men wouldn't like it if they
>>> were judged on having a bald spot, a sagging fat butt or a small
>>> package. I wonder if guys ever think to wonder what they look like
>>> walking away from someone. hmmpf
>>> Janet US
>>>

>> I can only tell you what I've seen (very little) when watching Rachel Ray
>> recently. She looks like she's plump. I don't care if she's plump. My
>> comment was about Ed saying he liked her boobs. That's so very un-Ed
>> like.
>>
>> Jill

> A lot of the tv cooks are "plump" Ina comes to mind, also Lidia, Trisha
> Yearwood at times (though I don't consider her a cook) but pleasant to
> watch, and a whole lot of the men.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> Does being plump matter so much? I would expect cooks to be at least a
> wee
> bit plump, working around food all the time.

No, it doesn't matter. I was merely surprised that Ed mentioned Rachel
Ray's boobs. I don't watch a lot of TV chefs (even if they are
professionals, like Ina Garten).

Jill

==

Me neither any more. I used to watch sometimes but they didn't often make
the kind of things we liked

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 04:13:34 +1000, Druce >
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 09:20:39 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
>> wrote:

>> Isn't that a good thing?

http://www.justjared.com/photo-galle...-food-bank-06/

>>> She was never over weight. I can't believe that men judge a woman
>>> because she looks like she has a large head.

>> When people are anorexic, everything shrinks except their head. A
>> skull doesn't get smaller. So they start to look like they have a big
>> head, which wouldn't be the case if they weren't anorexic.
>>
>>> I always thought her
>>> decolletage was attractive and modest. Men wouldn't like it if they
>>> were judged on having a bald spot, a sagging fat butt or a small
>>> package.

>> I always thought that's because men are judged by their character.
>> That's why I never comb my hair.

> That's because you're bald as a billiard ball. lol

Maybe so Popeye, but yoose sure have a hell of a lot of character, don't
yoose?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 09:20:39 -0600, U.S. Janet B speaking of Giada
> DeLaurentis
>
>> She was never over weight. I can't believe that men judge a woman
>> because she looks like she has a large head.

> Are you saying women don't judge based on looks, if that was true, there
> would be no comments on the POTUS looks for example, just his actions,
> but women saying he has a large head would be the least of the really
> terrible things said about his looks by them, so believe it, women do too.
>
> Cheri

You gave an extreme example. He is so gross that either sex would find
revolting. It's like mentioning the smell of a corpse in a discussion
about different floral smells

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Druce wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 09:44:56 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>>> I just don't get their thought process that everyone that sits in their
>>> office, no matter what the business is, has to be 'entertained' with that
>>> garbage.
>>>
>>> My hearing is pretty sensitive and, to me, the volume is always way too
>>> loud adding to the annoyance. I have some of those foam ear protectors
>>> that are worn when you target shoot while wearing noise suppressors. On
>>> my next visit to my doctor I think I will take along a pair and stick
>>> them in my ears.

>> I have never been in *any* waiting room that had a tv. I wish
>> they did have that. All I get to do while waiting is look through
>> old magazines.

> That are covered in germs.

No more than the door handles, and the doctor who shakes your hand.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 8:44:45 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> I have never been in *any* waiting room that had a tv. I wish
> they did have that. All I get to do while waiting is look through
> old magazines.

Come to Nashville and you will be bored to tears with the garbage they
have on in the waiting rooms.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 9:06:31 AM UTC-5, wrote:

> Have you asked if they would lower the volume? I won't go to movies
> because the volume is too loud, I questioned it with management and
> was told it's fine with everybody else, but really it isn't when I
> check around friends.

I'd probably told it has to loud for their elderly patients, but I will
take the ear plugs with me next time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 9:58:57 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:

> My doctor's office doesn't have television in the waiting room. Most of
> the people are glued to their phones. I read a book.
>
> Jill

Everybody in that doctors office has their fact glued to their phones but
me, so I don't understand the need for the boob tube.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 16:16:13 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Druce wrote:

>>> I have never been in *any* waiting room that had a tv. I wish
>>> they did have that. All I get to do while waiting is look through
>>> old magazines.

>> That are covered in germs.
>>

>No more than the door handles,

Which door?

>and the doctor who shakes your hand.

They don't.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 14:16:17 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 8:44:45 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>>
>> I have never been in *any* waiting room that had a tv. I wish
>> they did have that. All I get to do while waiting is look through
>> old magazines.
>>

>Come to Nashville and you will be bored to tears with the garbage they
>have on in the waiting rooms.

And the music!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 4:26:44 PM UTC-5, Druce wrote:

> >Come to Nashville and you will be bored to tears with the garbage they
> >have on in the waiting rooms.

> And the music!

Not a country music fan myself, although I've lived here all my life.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 21:35:37 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Tue 17 Jul 2018 01:49:28p, told us...
>
>> On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 06:07:05 +1000, Druce >
>> wrote:

>>>He must have liked her for the fact that she went for the real
>>>France. She wasn't just flirting with a bit of fashionable
>>>Frenchiness. She was genuine.

>> She did a series with him and his reputation was made, not that he
>> cooked by the same methods as she did, quite amusing at times.
>>

>I suppose I'm prejudiced, but I watched every episode of every series
>that Julie did, except those wehre there were other cooks/chefs
>inolved. I also have every cookobok that she ever had published.
>While French is not my favorite cuisine

In the western world, French cuisine is the only cuisine, apart from
Italian cuisine, aka French Cuisine for Dummies.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 14:40:57 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 4:26:44 PM UTC-5, Druce wrote:
>>
>> >Come to Nashville and you will be bored to tears with the garbage they
>> >have on in the waiting rooms.

>> And the music!
>>

>Not a country music fan myself, although I've lived here all my life.

I only like Ween's pastiche country album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_NfJRLT8NY
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hank Rogers wrote:
>penmart wrote:
>>Cheri wrote:

>>> I'm curious John, how do you pronounce your last name?
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> Kuthe, as in UnKuthe. heheheh

>UnKuthe shuda been yoose name, Popeye. Yoose mammmy probably couldn't
>spell it though.

Hanky Panky can't spell his name either:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_(comics)
I knew yoose reminded me of something,
that skinny baldheaded faggot toon!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

My Toshiba digital TV...purchased when digital became law...has a half-mute position. Very handy
when the phone rings, or when commercials get too, loud.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 14:18:05 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 9:06:31 AM UTC-5, wrote:
>>
>> Have you asked if they would lower the volume? I won't go to movies
>> because the volume is too loud, I questioned it with management and
>> was told it's fine with everybody else, but really it isn't when I
>> check around friends.
>>

>I'd probably told it has to loud for their elderly patients, but I will
>take the ear plugs with me next time.

Yes, that will make your point
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 5:45:01 PM UTC-5, Nancy2 wrote:

> My Toshiba digital TV...purchased when digital became law...has a half-mute position. Very handy
> when the phone rings, or when commercials get too, loud.
>
> N.

My Toshiba does the same thing. It is a handy feature.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 21:35:37 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Tue 17 Jul 2018 01:49:28p, told us...
>
>> On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 06:07:05 +1000, Druce >
>> wrote:

>>>He must have liked her for the fact that she went for the real
>>>France. She wasn't just flirting with a bit of fashionable
>>>Frenchiness. She was genuine.

>> She did a series with him and his reputation was made, not that he
>> cooked by the same methods as she did, quite amusing at times.
>>

>I suppose I'm prejudiced, but I watched every episode of every series
>that Julie did, except those wehre there were other cooks/chefs
>inolved. I also have every cookobok that she ever had published.
>While French is not my favorite cuisine, she wsa a great teacher of
>technique and an inspiration to those learning the proper way tp
>cook.
>
>There have been some very good cooks on television and some are very
>educatinal, but some are haphazard and seem more like actors and
>prsenters than real cooks.

She was really the first in NA to start doing that programme on PBS
and even getting people interested in cooking. Before that there were
the ghastly jello salads etc. --puke
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 12:47:26 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 3:36:01 PM UTC-4, graham wrote:

>> > All of the women I've known all my life discuss men, their looks,
>> > manners. faults etc.
>> >
>> > Cheri

>> And I've overheard staid, conservative, middle-aged women discuss the
>> merits of the tight arse on a male model in a department store flyer:-)

>The things I miss by not having any female friends...
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Matters not... truth is the #1 topics women discuss is can he get it
up... and if so are you willing to suck it for three minutes...and do
you really swallow? Smart mommas teach their daughters, and sons,
that oral sex is the best method of birth control, that it's free,
infinitely pleasurable, and no medical side effects.
I still maintain contrary to all the other reasons the main reason for
divorce is not money or anything else, it's refusing to perform oral
sex. That said there are far more men who refuse to perform oral sex
on women than there are women who refuse to perform oral sex on men...
and not only to perforn but more importantly to initiate. In my
experience most marriages fail due to lack of sexual initiation.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Hank Rogers" > wrote in message
news
> Cheri wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 09:20:39 -0600, U.S. Janet B speaking of Giada
>> DeLaurentis
>>
>>> She was never over weight. I can't believe that men judge a woman
>>> because she looks like she has a large head.

>> Are you saying women don't judge based on looks, if that was true, there
>> would be no comments on the POTUS looks for example, just his actions,
>> but women saying he has a large head would be the least of the really
>> terrible things said about his looks by them, so believe it, women do
>> too.
>>
>> Cheri
>>

> You gave an extreme example. He is so gross that either sex would find
> revolting. It's like mentioning the smell of a corpse in a discussion
> about different floral smells

Not really, there were those comments long before he ever ran or became
prez, women judge, judge like men judge.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 16:40:56 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Hank Rogers" > wrote in message
>news
>> Cheri wrote:
>>>
>>> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 09:20:39 -0600, U.S. Janet B speaking of Giada
>>> DeLaurentis

>>> Are you saying women don't judge based on looks, if that was true, there
>>> would be no comments on the POTUS looks for example, just his actions,
>>> but women saying he has a large head would be the least of the really
>>> terrible things said about his looks by them, so believe it, women do
>>> too.
>>>
>>> Cheri
>>>

>> You gave an extreme example. He is so gross that either sex would find
>> revolting. It's like mentioning the smell of a corpse in a discussion
>> about different floral smells

>Not really, there were those comments long before he ever ran or became
>prez, women judge, judge like men judge.

He's judged extra because he's so unlikeable. Plus he's orange and he
has a guinea pig on his head. Say no more.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Druce" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 16:40:56 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Hank Rogers" > wrote in message
>>news

>>> You gave an extreme example. He is so gross that either sex would find
>>> revolting. It's like mentioning the smell of a corpse in a discussion
>>> about different floral smells

>>Not really, there were those comments long before he ever ran or became
>>prez, women judge, judge like men judge.

> He's judged extra because he's so unlikeable. Plus he's orange and he
> has a guinea pig on his head. Say no more.

I didn't find him unlikeable at all back in the day. Women judge men on
their looks, just like a man would say a woman has a big head. EOD

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 17:44:18 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Druce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 16:40:56 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>"Hank Rogers" > wrote in message
>>>news >>>>
>>>
>>>Not really, there were those comments long before he ever ran or became
>>>prez, women judge, judge like men judge.

>> He's judged extra because he's so unlikeable. Plus he's orange and he
>> has a guinea pig on his head. Say no more.

>I didn't find him unlikeable at all back in the day. Women judge men on
>their looks, just like a man would say a woman has a big head.

I never said women don't do that. And if you like men like Donald
Trump, that's good! Someone has to. You and Gary!

>EOD

There was no discussion, silly.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 11:25:36 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> My eyes! My eyes!
>
> Nope. Never going to get that picture out of my brain. I'm
> permanently broken.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

True, because the optic nerve signals of the imager already passed into the visual processing center and then into short term possibly longer memory especially if trauma is felt! ESPECIALLY if trauma is felt! It is said you can never unsee a traumatic image. And that is kinda true because when I decided to become a nurse I figured I was gonna have to get used to seeing really gross stuff so I went to rotten.com and looked at gross images. And the one I still remember was this motorcycle accident victim whose entire face was just one big meat mess! :-( Vert vicerally triggering to me then, not so much anymore.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

http://www.justjared.com/photo-galle...-food-bank-06/

>>> I remember when he was running for POTUS reading he had said 'women
>>> over 30 are no good in bed, especially if they have already had a
>>> baby' - I wondered where that left Melania. I wonder why he has the
>>> impression all women are hot to get him into bed - imagine him
>>> slipping out of his corset

>> Many women are attracted to money. Why do you think Melania's married
>> to him?

> I think it was to get her green card - despite what he says about
> immigrants, both his wives were immigrants - white of course, so I
> suppose he sees that differently.
>
> Druce you will be in trouble with Jill - it's okay I guess to be very
> rude about chefs but just don't be political

I just don't see the point in talking about Trump or religion.

OB Food: Had a nice cheeseburger for dinner. Swiss cheese with crispy
strips of bacon on a toasted cracked wheat bun.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/17/2018 3:16 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> But I think men are judged, just not as openly.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> Most of the women I know don't sit around dissecting mens qualities
>> based on body parts or whether or not they have hair or a tight butt.
>> Is there a book club sort of gathering for us to sit around and
>> discuss these things?
>>
>> Jill

> All of the women I've known all my life discuss men, their looks,
> manners. faults etc.
>
> Cheri

Guess I'm just in a different crowd, then. It sounds so very
high-school-ish.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

http://www.justjared.com/photo-galle...-food-bank-06/

>>> Many women are attracted to money. Why do you think Melania's married
>>> to him?

>> I think it was to get her green card - despite what he says about
>> immigrants, both his wives were immigrants - white of course, so I
>> suppose he sees that differently.
>>
>> Druce you will be in trouble with Jill - it's okay I guess to be very
>> rude about chefs but just don't be political
>>

> I just don't see the point in talking about Trump or religion.
>
> OB Food: Had a nice cheeseburger for dinner. Swiss cheese with crispy
> strips of bacon on a toasted cracked wheat bun.
>
> Jill

I'm with you there, not in a political sense with any of them, or religion.
Serves no purpose. We had turkey loaf, small potatoes, and salad. No
dessert.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 7/17/2018 3:16 PM, Cheri wrote:

>>> Most of the women I know don't sit around dissecting mens qualities
>>> based on body parts or whether or not they have hair or a tight butt. Is
>>> there a book club sort of gathering for us to sit around and discuss
>>> these things?
>>>
>>> Jill

>> All of the women I've known all my life discuss men, their looks,
>> manners. faults etc.
>>
>> Cheri

> Guess I'm just in a different crowd, then. It sounds so very
> high-school-ish.
>
> Jill

Then too, but later different. For instance if someones husband made an ass
of themselves, or someones husband did a great thing, graying hair that
looks good, so and so with his man bun looks ridiculous and so on. This male
actor is good looking to one, but not to the other, like Robert Redford aged
badly, while someone else looks great for their age. Women do discuss men.

Cheri