Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Here's a Question

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 6:39:21 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> He pronounces his name Fee-et-ee, so I go with that.
> She is a chef, owns her own restaurant (s) and does cook in them. I'm
> not a fan of hers because she is so hyper

Yes, but his real name is Ferry.

I wish I could remember her name, but yes, she's is verrrry hyper.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 2:18:17 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 6:39:21 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> >
> > He pronounces his name Fee-et-ee, so I go with that.
> > She is a chef, owns her own restaurant (s) and does cook in them. I'm
> > not a fan of hers because she is so hyper
> >

> Yes, but his real name is Ferry.
>
> I wish I could remember her name, but yes, she's is verrrry hyper.

Anne Burrell.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 7:30:52 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> > I wish I could remember her name, but yes, she's is verrrry hyper.

> Anne Burrell.

That's her. Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

TV print says his name is Fieri. Do you know different?
It sounds like he is putting a "t" in there, but I assumed he is just trying to roll that
single "r."

N. (I have never found Burrell to be hyper....I have never watched RRay. I don't watch
Ree because I can't stand the constant grin and her voice. I like Garten. I like Lidia
Bastianich (?)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 9:11:03 PM UTC-5, Nancy2 wrote:

> TV print says his name is Fieri. Do you know different?
>
> It sounds like he is putting a "t" in there, but I assumed he is just trying to roll that
> single "r."

I remember seeing his biography several years ago. His last name is
Ferry but he thought Fieri and Fieti sounded more Italian.

> N. (I have never found Burrell to be hyper....I have never watched RRay. I don't watch
> Ree because I can't stand the constant grin and her voice. I like Garten. I like Lidia
> Bastianich (?)

It took me awhile to warm up to Ree as the constant grin was off putting
at first. But daddy is/was a dentist/orthodontist so I guess she wanted
to show off her pearly whites. :-) Daddy or somebody worked on Ladd's
front 5 or 6 teeth after her show took off. They weren't bad, just needed
a bit of cosmetic work.

I haven't watched a great deal of Lidia B.; she on here on PBS on Saturday
mornings. I like her but she doesn't inspire me to rattle any pots and
pans.

Ina is a soothing, unhurried cook and she makes me think I could pull off
a dinner party for 50 without breaking a sweat. Hahahahahaaa, heaven
forbid!!! But I have tried several of her dishes and all were received
with murmurs of approval.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 11:22:00 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 10:23:40 AM UTC-4, Cheri wrote:
>
> > I put mine on a sheet pan when messing with it, but I have tile counters and
> > wouldn't want any of it around the grout, did I mention that I hate tile
> > counters. :-)
> >
> > Cheri

> Tile counters are comparatively rare here. Mine are laminate, vintage 1985.
>
> If I had tile, I'd use a sheet pan, too. OTOH, we probably would have
> remodeled the kitchen by now.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I had very old Yellow Formica kitchen counters in this place when I moved in, they were crap too! Had 'em replaced by Granite Transformations, but I'd NOT recommend them, as their hard plastic counters are NOT like granite at all! Better than what I had though!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 5:22:27 PM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message
>> >
>> > Yep. I watched her show today that I had recorded yesterday. She's
>> > finally back on the air and she's on my local PBS station. Although
>> > she's never cooked anything that has inspired me to try, I do enjoy
>> > her show.

>> I tried something once, the lentils and sausage which was quite good, but
>> like watching her because she's calming, not running around like a
>> chicken
>> with it's head cut off, I like Rory O'Connell for the same reason.
>>
>> Cheri
>>

> I've never heard of him and looking him up doesn't ring a bell either.
>
> Definitely not a fan of Wretched Ray so I've never prepared anything she
> cooks.
>
> None of the recipes I tried from Paula Deen in her heyday were good even
> after following them to the letter.
>
> I've made one or two things, desserts, of Ree Drummonds and they've been
> a hit.
>
> Everything I've prepared that Ina Garten has shown has been excellent.
> She's calming as well.
>
> I once watched the cook/chef that has the spikey blonde hair like Guy
> Fieri/Fieti/Ferry (his real last name). She was preparing a steak
> with all the trimmings just like she'd get at a steak restaurant. She
> was simply G-A-L-L-O-P-I-N-G around the kitchen saying she could pre-
> pare it in 30 minutes like the restaurant would. Nope, nope, didn't
> believe her for one minute she could accomplish that meal in 30 minutes.
> She lost all credibility with me and I've not been tempted to ever
> watch her again.

Anne Burrell, she drives me crazy too, but had some decent recipes at times.
I like Ina OK because she is calm, but I like Nigella more because she's
more down to earth. Fact of the matter is, most of the recipes I see and try
on these shows have to be tweaked by me because they all have way too much
sugar, flour etc. but others don't have those restrictions, so enjoy!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> TV print says his name is Fieri. Do you know different?
> It sounds like he is putting a "t" in there, but I assumed he is just
> trying to roll that
> single "r."
>
> N. (I have never found Burrell to be hyper....I have never watched RRay.
> I don't watch
> Ree because I can't stand the constant grin and her voice. I like Garten.
> I like Lidia
> Bastianich (?)

I like Lidia too, very down to earth. I really don't enjoy Martha Stewart
though.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 7:39:21 PM UTC-4, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 15:41:58 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> snip
> >I once watched the cook/chef that has the spikey blonde hair like Guy
> >Fieri/Fieti/Ferry (his real last name). She was preparing a steak
> >with all the trimmings just like she'd get at a steak restaurant. She
> >was simply G-A-L-L-O-P-I-N-G around the kitchen saying she could pre-
> >pare it in 30 minutes like the restaurant would. Nope, nope, didn't
> >believe her for one minute she could accomplish that meal in 30 minutes.
> >She lost all credibility with me and I've not been tempted to ever
> >watch her again.

> He pronounces his name Fee-et-ee, so I go with that.
> She is a chef, owns her own restaurant (s) and does cook in them. I'm
> not a fan of hers because she is so hyper

He pronounces his name Fieri, but he attempts to roll the R, so it comes
out as a t (or d, if his sinuses are plugged).

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 12:43:32 AM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:

> Anne Burrell, she drives me crazy too, but had some decent recipes at times.
> I like Ina OK because she is calm, but I like Nigella more because she's
> more down to earth. Fact of the matter is, most of the recipes I see and try
> on these shows have to be tweaked by me because they all have way too much
> sugar, flour etc. but others don't have those restrictions, so enjoy!
>
> Cheri

I think anything I'd make from Ree Drummond's show would have to be tweaked
by me as well. For my tastes, she uses far too much hot sauce/hot peppers
and cilantro in e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 4:42:06 PM UTC-5, graham wrote:
> On 2018-07-15 2:41 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> > On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 13:30:25 -0700 (PDT), "
> > > wrote:

> >> But Ree's doesn't look like they're an inch wide with 300 hundred
> >> diamonds in them plus another 3 rings stacked on top of each other.

> > Rachael Ray did too until the new wore off the marriage. Paula, Ree
> > and Rachael are not trained chefs but rather TV cooking personalities.
> >

> Nigella too!

Nigella Lawson is a food GODDESS!

"Slut Red Raspberries in Chardonnay Jelly"? :-)

Namaste

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 22:44:55 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Nancy2" > wrote in message
>> TV print says his name is Fieri. Do you know different?
>> It sounds like he is putting a "t" in there, but I assumed he is just
>> trying to roll that
>> single "r."
>>
>> N. (I have never found Burrell to be hyper....I have never watched RRay.
>> I don't watch
>> Ree because I can't stand the constant grin and her voice. I like Garten.
>> I like Lidia
>> Bastianich (?)

>I like Lidia too, very down to earth. I really don't enjoy Martha Stewart
>though.
>
>Cheri

It takes all kinds. I'd rather watch Martha and give a miss to Lidia
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 06:54:34 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 12:43:32 AM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:
>>
>> Anne Burrell, she drives me crazy too, but had some decent recipes at times.
>> I like Ina OK because she is calm, but I like Nigella more because she's
>> more down to earth. Fact of the matter is, most of the recipes I see and try
>> on these shows have to be tweaked by me because they all have way too much
>> sugar, flour etc. but others don't have those restrictions, so enjoy!
>>
>> Cheri
>>

>I think anything I'd make from Ree Drummond's show would have to be tweaked
>by me as well. For my tastes, she uses far too much hot sauce/hot peppers
>and cilantro in e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.

that's true. But knowing that, her recipes are pretty much a sure
thing if you realize adjustments must be made on those seasonings.
Ina is a safe, sure thing. You can try one of her items for the first
time and take it to a party and be confident.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 9:39:53 AM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 06:54:34 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 12:43:32 AM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:
> >>
> >> Anne Burrell, she drives me crazy too, but had some decent recipes at times.
> >> I like Ina OK because she is calm, but I like Nigella more because she's
> >> more down to earth. Fact of the matter is, most of the recipes I see and try
> >> on these shows have to be tweaked by me because they all have way too much
> >> sugar, flour etc. but others don't have those restrictions, so enjoy!
> >>
> >> Cheri
> >>

> >I think anything I'd make from Ree Drummond's show would have to be tweaked
> >by me as well. For my tastes, she uses far too much hot sauce/hot peppers
> >and cilantro in e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.

> that's true. But knowing that, her recipes are pretty much a sure
> thing if you realize adjustments must be made on those seasonings.
> Ina is a safe, sure thing. You can try one of her items for the first
> time and take it to a party and be confident.

True, always best to have a good baseline recipe which is guaranteed to turn out OK, and then you can start adjusting. That's the way my Christmas Candy is, or I've tried to make it. I have a baseline recipe recorded/written and THEN I play with it!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 12:43:32 AM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:
>>
>> Anne Burrell, she drives me crazy too, but had some decent recipes at
>> times.
>> I like Ina OK because she is calm, but I like Nigella more because she's
>> more down to earth. Fact of the matter is, most of the recipes I see and
>> try
>> on these shows have to be tweaked by me because they all have way too
>> much
>> sugar, flour etc. but others don't have those restrictions, so enjoy!
>>
>> Cheri
>>

> I think anything I'd make from Ree Drummond's show would have to be
> tweaked
> by me as well. For my tastes, she uses far too much hot sauce/hot peppers
> and cilantro in e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.

Very true there too! That's the fun of a lot of these recipes is tweaking
them to suit yourself.

Cheri

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
> On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 22:44:55 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Nancy2" > wrote in message
>>> TV print says his name is Fieri. Do you know different?
>>> It sounds like he is putting a "t" in there, but I assumed he is just
>>> trying to roll that
>>> single "r."
>>>
>>> N. (I have never found Burrell to be hyper....I have never watched
>>> RRay.
>>> I don't watch
>>> Ree because I can't stand the constant grin and her voice. I like
>>> Garten.
>>> I like Lidia
>>> Bastianich (?)

>>I like Lidia too, very down to earth. I really don't enjoy Martha Stewart
>>though.
>>
>>Cheri

> It takes all kinds. I'd rather watch Martha and give a miss to Lidia

Martha always seems like she's constipated to me.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 4:03:07 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:

> I feel naked without a watch. I have several. I take my watch off at
> night and I put a watch on in the morning. I may have clocks in a number
> of rooms in the house, and on my phone, but I have many years of looking
> at my watch. I don't have to worry about a few minutes difference
> between the different time pieces.

Same here. If I ever got a tat, it would be a watch under my watch for the odd occasion I forgot to strap it on. The time would be 02:40.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 10:34:48 AM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:

> Martha always seems like she's constipated to me.
>
> Cheri

Hahahahahahaaaaa, ok.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Druce wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 10:01:05 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> >Gary wrote:

> >> TMI

> >Funny....I kept trying to say (3 plus signs followed by A+T+H)
> >for my response but each time I sent the message, my computer
> >hung up as that's the command for doing that. lol

> Are you still on dial-up and making monthly payments for Wayne's
> signatures?

I have a landline phone and I do pay for dialup. That's my secure
connection. I also use my laptop on the free neighborhood wifi
but that's not secure for things like passwords, ss#, checking
bank acct, etc

All continuous sig files are so YAWN to me. So old-school too but
I don't don't mind Waynes. I'm used to it. I try to accept all
here. And I don't pay extra for downloading anything. You should
see some of the massive stupid sig files in other groups.

I could do all this usenet on the fast wifi but I hate the tiny
keyboard and touch pad stuff. So I do use my slow, old desktop
computer for usenet. Mainly for usenet only now.

No big deal here....you adapt to what you have available. I sure
do.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:

> I don't watch
> Ree because I can't stand the constant grin and her voice.

That's my only problem with Ree. That damn constant grin. Just as
annoying as Giada's giant teeth grins.

Carla on "The Chew" had a different ugly hairdo each episode but
what really annoyed me about her is that she seemed to try way
too hard to be funny. I found her annoying, not funny.

Speaking of "The Chew," I was really surprised in the beginning
to see Michael Symon(sp?) and Mario Batali as regulars on that
show. Seemed way beneath their skills to me. Guess it was just a
steady paycheck thing.

And then speaking of a steady paycheck thing....I was stunned
when comedy genius Drew Carey gave it all up to host "The Price
is Right." I guessed he wouldn't do that for long but he's there
forever, just like Bob Barker was. Again....a generous steady
paycheck usually wins in the long run.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Druce wrote:

>> >Funny....I kept trying to say (3 plus signs followed by A+T+H)
>> >for my response but each time I sent the message, my computer
>> >hung up as that's the command for doing that. lol

>> Are you still on dial-up and making monthly payments for Wayne's
>> signatures?

> I have a landline phone and I do pay for dialup. That's my secure
> connection. I also use my laptop on the free neighborhood wifi
> but that's not secure for things like passwords, ss#, checking
> bank acct, etc
>
> All continuous sig files are so YAWN to me. So old-school too but
> I don't don't mind Waynes. I'm used to it. I try to accept all
> here. And I don't pay extra for downloading anything. You should
> see some of the massive stupid sig files in other groups.
>
> I could do all this usenet on the fast wifi but I hate the tiny
> keyboard and touch pad stuff. So I do use my slow, old desktop
> computer for usenet. Mainly for usenet only now.
>
> No big deal here....you adapt to what you have available. I sure
> do.

I don't care for sig lines either, so I trim them when replying.

Cheri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Nancy2 wrote:
>>
>> I don't watch
>> Ree because I can't stand the constant grin and her voice.

> That's my only problem with Ree. That damn constant grin. Just as
> annoying as Giada's giant teeth grins.

I think Giada's fake smile is the worst, I like Ina but her laugh is highly
annoying to me, good recipes though.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/16/2018 11:34 AM, Cheri wrote:

>>> I like Lidia too, very down to earth. I really don't enjoy Martha
>>> Stewart
>>> though.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> It takes all kinds.* I'd rather watch Martha and give a miss to Lidia

> Martha always seems like she's constipated to me.
>
> Cheri

Ah, perfect description.
Lidia is OK, I don't care for Joe when he is on a TV show.

Martha is generally pretty straight forward with her recipe and
presentation, no cutesy gimmicks. Tolerable if she is making something
of interest.

Rachel Ray had more interesting boobs than recipes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/16/2018 12:20 PM, Gary wrote:

> And then speaking of a steady paycheck thing....I was stunned
> when comedy genius Drew Carey gave it all up to host "The Price
> is Right." I guessed he wouldn't do that for long but he's there
> forever, just like Bob Barker was. Again....a generous steady
> paycheck usually wins in the long run.

Carey is getting older though. He may prefer the steady gig in the same
place rather than touring. Leading the life of a celebrity may be fun
for a few days, but at the end of the week I'd want to be boring again
and sleep in my own bed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-16 12:53 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 7/16/2018 11:34 AM, Cheri wrote:

> Ah, perfect description.
> Lidia is OK, I don't care for Joe when he is on a TV show.
>
> Martha is generally pretty straight forward with her recipe and
> presentation, no cutesy gimmicks.Â* Tolerable if she is making something
> of interest.
>
> Rachel Ray had more interesting boobs than recipes.

There are intriguingly highly mounted. I was wondering if maybe the
reason she flaps her arms around so much is to distract you from that
cleavage.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

> On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 10:34:48 AM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:
> >
> > Martha always seems like she's constipated to me.
> >
> > Cheri
> >

> Hahahahahahaaaaa, ok.

She does come across to me as if she is completely bored doing
her shows. hahaha
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thomas wrote:

>If I ever got a tat, it would be a watch under my watch
>for the odd occasion I forgot to strap it on.

LOL!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-16 12:58 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 7/16/2018 12:20 PM, Gary wrote:
>
>> And then speaking of a steady paycheck thing....I was stunned
>> when comedy genius Drew Carey gave it all up to host "The Price
>> is Right." I guessed he wouldn't do that for long but he's there
>> forever, just like Bob Barker was.Â* Again....a generous steady
>> paycheck usually wins in the long run.
>>

> Carey is getting older though. He may prefer the steady gig in the same
> place rather than touring.Â* Leading the life of a celebrity may be fun
> for a few days, but at the end of the week I'd want to be boring again
> and sleep in my own bed.

I have enough relatives in the acting business to understand why someone
would settle for that steady paycheck. Comedy can be a pretty short
career for people. They spend a lot of time and energy getting
bookings. They have to go on the road for weeks or months at a time, and
the money is not great. They face a lot of reaction from club owners and
then have to deal with finicky audiences. What works in one demographic
can bomb in another. In these days of public shaming a few moments of
indiscretion can destroy your career. Just Louis CK about that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/16/2018 12:20 PM, Gary wrote:

> Carla on "The Chew" had a different ugly hairdo each episode but
> what really annoyed me about her is that she seemed to try way
> too hard to be funny. I found her annoying, not funny.

I love Carla Hall and her work ethic is astonishing.

The Chew had distilled the the best crew and that's when the
show was canned to make room for another hour of Good Morning
America. Which I haven't watched since they had George giving
the Turd daily live press every freaking day during the race.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message

>>> It takes all kinds. I'd rather watch Martha and give a miss to Lidia

>> Martha always seems like she's constipated to me.
>>
>> Cheri

> Ah, perfect description.
> Lidia is OK, I don't care for Joe when he is on a TV show.
>
> Martha is generally pretty straight forward with her recipe and
> presentation, no cutesy gimmicks. Tolerable if she is making something of
> interest.
>
> Rachel Ray had more interesting boobs than recipes.

Yes, I agree about Martha, she does make interesting things, very good
recipes, no personality whatsoever though.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> " wrote:
>>
>> On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 10:34:48 AM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:
>> >
>> > Martha always seems like she's constipated to me.
>> >
>> > Cheri
>> >

>> Hahahahahahaaaaa, ok.

> She does come across to me as if she is completely bored doing
> her shows. hahaha

I saw her two or three weeks ago judging on some Food Network show, she
acted like she hated every second of it. She's usually not that bad, but she
probably is bored with it all after all this time.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 11:19:11 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> I could do all this usenet on the fast wifi but I hate the tiny
> keyboard and touch pad stuff. So I do use my slow, old desktop
> computer for usenet. Mainly for usenet only now.

So, your desktop cannot run on a high speed connection?? If not,
when you upgrade to don't have to opt for a touch pad nor a tiny
keyboard.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-16 8:36 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 22:44:55 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>>> TV print says his name is Fieri. Do you know different?
>>> It sounds like he is putting a "t" in there, but I assumed he is just
>>> trying to roll that
>>> single "r."
>>>
>>> N. (I have never found Burrell to be hyper....I have never watched RRay.
>>> I don't watch
>>> Ree because I can't stand the constant grin and her voice. I like Garten.
>>> I like Lidia
>>> Bastianich (?)

>> I like Lidia too, very down to earth. I really don't enjoy Martha Stewart
>> though.
>>
>> Cheri

> It takes all kinds. I'd rather watch Martha and give a miss to Lidia

I miss Sarah Moulton who is a properly trained chef.
Despite all the razzle-dazzle, Emeril Lagasse was good but although
Alton Brown is reliable, I can't stand the so-called "comical" intrusions.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-16 12:11 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Gary" > wrote in message

>>> Hahahahahahaaaaa, ok.

>> She does come across to me as if she is completely bored doing
>> her shows. hahaha

> I saw her two or three weeks ago judging on some Food Network show, she
> acted like she hated every second of it. She's usually not that bad, but
> she probably is bored with it all after all this time.
>
> Cheri

And that's "A Good Thing";-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 1:42:37 PM UTC-5, graham wrote:

> I miss Sarah Moulton who is a properly trained chef.
> Despite all the razzle-dazzle, Emeril Lagasse was good but although
> Alton Brown is reliable, I can't stand the so-called "comical" intrusions.

Sarah Moulton was on the PBS station here on Saturday morning with her
"Week Night Meals" but she seems to have vanished. Steven Raichlen is
back on now after being gone from the lineup for about a year.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 12:42:33 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2018-07-16 8:36 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 22:44:55 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>> I like Lidia too, very down to earth. I really don't enjoy Martha Stewart
>>> though.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> It takes all kinds. I'd rather watch Martha and give a miss to Lidia
>>

>I miss Sarah Moulton who is a properly trained chef.
>Despite all the razzle-dazzle, Emeril Lagasse was good but although
>Alton Brown is reliable, I can't stand the so-called "comical" intrusions.

Finally somebody who agrees! I hated when he'd treat viewers like
retards with all that unfunny stuff.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 12:20:58 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Nancy2 wrote:
>>
>> I don't watch
>> Ree because I can't stand the constant grin and her voice.

>That's my only problem with Ree. That damn constant grin. Just as
>annoying as Giada's giant teeth grins.

I've only seen her once or twice and all I remember is a big head with
a toothy grin on an anorexic body.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-16 2:08 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
>
> Yes, I agree about Martha, she does make interesting things, very good
> recipes, no personality whatsoever though.

She is the Ice Queen.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/15/2018 3:52 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>> I always thought Paula Deen wore her wedding ring(s) just to show them
>> off. ;-))
>>
>> N.

> And Ree Drummond too.
>
> Cheri

I suspect that's the reason for it. I caught an episode of Rachel Ray
the other day and she was mixing stuff together while wearing her
sparkly diamond rings. That's what prompted my question.

Jill