Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fiber

On Sat, 26 May 2018 18:14:59 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 10:27:18 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> That was for the idiots who believe whatever annoys them must be the
>> result of drinking... the idiots are incapable of accepting
>> that my annoying comments are the truth about them

>Nobody gives a shit if you drink. They don't care if you tell the truth. Posting while you're obviously drunk is the problem. Not for you of course - just for all the people around you. OTOH, you're a lot more entertaining when you is posting drunk so it doesn't bother me.

But he doesn't drink! Hasn't for 10 years!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 26 May 2018 18:14:59 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 10:27:18 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>>>
>>> That was for the idiots who believe whatever annoys them must be the
>>> result of drinking... the idiots are incapable of accepting
>>> that my annoying comments are the truth about them

>> Nobody gives a shit if you drink. They don't care if you tell the truth. Posting while you're obviously drunk is the problem. Not for you of course - just for all the people around you. OTOH, you're a lot more entertaining when you is posting drunk so it doesn't bother me.

> But he doesn't drink! Hasn't for 10 years!

A while back, popeye said it interacts with his medication so he can't
drink anymore. A few days later though, he hurt his thumb so he got
drunk on double the usual amount of crystal palace.

Those wild rants about homos and meat grinders and long thick nipples
and wild sex stories are not the resuld of drunken rage ... It's plain
*psychosis*

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 26 May 2018 20:45:26 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>> On Sat, 26 May 2018 18:14:59 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>>> Nobody gives a shit if you drink. They don't care if you tell the truth. Posting while you're obviously drunk is the problem. Not for you of course - just for all the people around you. OTOH, you're a lot more entertaining when you is posting drunk so it doesn't bother me.

>> But he doesn't drink! Hasn't for 10 years!
>>

>A while back, popeye said it interacts with his medication so he can't
>drink anymore. A few days later though, he hurt his thumb so he got
>drunk on double the usual amount of crystal palace.
>
>Those wild rants about homos and meat grinders and long thick nipples
>and wild sex stories are not the resuld of drunken rage ... It's plain
>*psychosis*

But the whole Crystal Palace concept comes from Popeye. I would never
even have heard of the brand if it wasn't for him. Why would he go on
about it if he was a teetotaller?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
>penmart wrote:
>>Bruce wrote:

>>> That's the problem with lying. You have to remember your lies. Which
>>> is extra hard when you drink too much.

>> That was for the idiots who believe whatever annoys them must be the
>> result of drinking... the idiots are incapable of accepting
>> that my annoying comments are the truth about them
>>

>Um... Sheldon, you have quite often accused people here of being drunk
>when they posted something you didn't agree with. Turnabout is fair
>play.

Show me, that's not something I would say... I've accused people of
other things like BSing about what they claimed to have cooked, and
that they have TIAD, and that they are faggots and the like, but being
a drunk is not something I would say... I've called some idiots,
pointy headed imbeciles and such but not a boozer. When posters post
ignoranus crap I'll refer to them as a low IQer, but not a drunk...
calling them a drunk gives them an excuse for being ignorant.

I really don't care if someone drinks, most everyone does to some
degree. Some 20 years ago I used to drink more but since I have a
respiratory issue I drink very moderately, one or two drinks in the
evening and some days nothing. Whenever I'm on antibiotics I don't
drink at all, like the past few days I'm on Cephalexin for the
infection in my thumb, and have five more days to go. I have chronic
bronchitis which you know about, so whenever I have a flare up I'm put
on antibiotics so no alcohol or the antibiotic doesn't work well.

>As often as you've mentioned Crystal Palace over the years, I didn't
>believe you were drunk when you said anything stupid. I know you
>intended every word. Heh.

Absolutely, I say what I mean and I mean what I say... I never drink
so much that it affects my thinking. Even on my birthday we went out
for Chinese but we drank nothing but tea... and I don't like tea but I
only drink it with Chinese, seems to go well together.

Truth is I haven't been in a ginmill in maybe forty years, maybe
longer, I don't drink when I'm out, I only drink at home. I don't use
a cell phone either, using a cell phone while driving is equal to
drunk driving. I have a cell phone, about three years now, I've not
used it even once while away from home, in fact the one and only time
was when I first got it I called my land line and used my land line to
call the cell, only to see if it worked. It's a cheapo flip phone
with no extras, only $5/month, it's only for an emergency because
there are no longer pay phones around. I also bring the cell with me
when I'm mowing, if I run into trouble outside no one would hear me
yelling because there is no one near enough. At least I'm smart
enough to never go to the rear of this property without my tractor,
bears have been spotted.
We had a long cold winter, and now a very wet spring. It's only now
that the rains stopped and I see the sun so things are just beginning
to dry up so I've been struggling to catch up with my mowing before
I'd have to get someone to bale hay. Yesterday I mowed the back
field, couldn't get there sooner with all the muddy ground, was over
a foot high and the ground was still very wet so I had to be careful
not to bog down... I'll be mowing again tomorrow. Kath is putting in
veggies, the garden got a very late start this year. I've been very
busy working, even if I wanted to I've no time for drinking. Caring
for this property I've no need for a gym. There are seven dead trees
down in the back field. I spent a good three hours draging branches
into the woods, when a dead tree falls it explodes so branches are
everywhere over a large area, I must've schlped branches a good five
miles, many trips. I had to get all the branches up or it would be
flat tire city and a tractor tire can run some $800. As soon as it
dries some more I'll be out there with my next door neighbor with our
chain saws, he is a big help and he can have the firewood, he has a
large family and they like to have a fire pit outside with dinner.

>At any rate, how's the thumb? You were so busy replying to Bruce you
>didn't address the stypic pencil and my oblique suggestion if it took an
>hour to stop the bleeding... maybe it needs stitches?
>
>Jill

I went to my doctor on thursday, a previously schedualed appointment.
He said it looked infected so gave me an antibiotic and to let him
know how it's doing. My doctor is a neighbor, he lives right around
the corner and his office is three miles down the road, very
convenient. He's an excellent GP, an old fashioned country doctor.
Anytime I've called with an emergency I get an appointment that day.
Otherwise he sees me every four months. In many ways living rural is
much better than living in a big city where medical issues are
concerned. For any serious medical procedures like knee replacements
NYC is much better but for regular medical care rural is better, and
rural is a lot more personal. We have a Rite Aid Pharmacy in town,
whenever I go there I'm treated like royalty, even if all I need is a
box of band aids... you should have seen the ladies there fawning
over my thumb, they fitted me with band aids like I was Trump buying a
custom silk suit. I swear, one of the ladies there would have sucked
my thumb.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> [...]

> flat tire city and a tractor tire can run some $800. As soon as it
> dries some more I'll be out there with my next door neighbor with our
> chain saws, he is a big help and he can have the firewood, he has a
> large family and they like to have a fire pit outside with dinner.
>
>> At any rate, how's the thumb? You were so busy replying to Bruce you
>> didn't address the stypic pencil and my oblique suggestion if it took an
>> hour to stop the bleeding... maybe it needs stitches?
>>
>> Jill

>We have a Rite Aid Pharmacy in town,
> whenever I go there I'm treated like royalty, even if all I need is a
> box of band aids... you should have seen the ladies there fawning
> over my thumb, they fitted me with band aids like I was Trump buying a
> custom silk suit. I swear, one of the ladies there would have sucked

Did yoose ogle the ladies tits while they bandaged yoose thumb Popeye?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I've been drinking 1 Steel Reserve HG beer daily.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sauerkraut or any cabbage dish.
Basic cereal like Cheerios or Bran Flakes.

Really strong coffee.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> I've been drinking 1 Steel Reserve HG beer daily.

hahaha
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 27, 2018 at 8:51:02 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> Nope... I have just as much right to tell storys here as others do,
> especially when they claim to have cooked.

Why does anyone have to prove to you that they have cooked? No matter
they have cooked and would post a picture of all you would do is trash
their efforts and **** and moan about what they prepared and how it was
presented. No one has to prove anything to you.

> go to
> the RFC web site and see which poster's pictures are missing... anyone
> who hasn't placed their picture there I don't consider part of this
> group nor do I believe a word they spout.

Once again, no one has to prove anything to you. Whether they exist or
not, whether they have posted a picture or not, or posted pictures of
their food. No one has to prove anything to anyone else, certainly not
to you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 27 May 2018 05:17:11 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

>I've been drinking 1 Steel Reserve HG beer daily.

Enjoy!
I'm not a beer drinker so I had to look that up.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_Reserve
https://www.walmart.com/browse/food/...UmVzZXJ2ZQieie
I keep some cheapo beer in my basement fridge (Genesee Ale), primarily
for cooking and if I have a beer drinking guest. I use beer for
braising beef stews/pot roast, I think beer is much better than wine
for cooking beef.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 27 May 2018 08:31:30 -0400, Gary > wrote:

wrote:

>> I've been drinking 1 Steel Reserve HG beer daily.

>hahaha

I don;t get the joke.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 27 May 2018 05:22:23 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>Sauerkraut or any cabbage dish.
>Basic cereal like Cheerios or Bran Flakes.
>
>Really strong coffee.
>
>N.

I drink two large mugs of really strong coffee every morning (black no
sugar), does nothing to my digestive system, but it does make me pee.
Prune juice with vodka is a good pile driver...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-26 10:48 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Bruce" > wrote in message

>> Aha, the story changed completely. Now you do drink. Your truth is
>> very flexible!

> Yes, when he called me an alcoholic, he said he hadn't had a drink in 10
> years, now we have "doesn't affect my thinking" as well as "I only drink
> at home." LMAO

Sheldon is quick to accuse people of lying. I have long contended that
the reason people like him do so is that they lie so much themselves
that they just assume that everyone else does too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 27 May 2018 10:50:46 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2018-05-26 10:48 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> "Bruce" > wrote in message

>>> Aha, the story changed completely. Now you do drink. Your truth is
>>> very flexible!

>> Yes, when he called me an alcoholic, he said he hadn't had a drink in 10
>> years, now we have "doesn't affect my thinking" as well as "I only drink
>> at home." LMAO

>Sheldon is quick to accuse people of lying. I have long contended that
>the reason people like him do so is that they lie so much themselves
>that they just assume that everyone else does too.

That's the same rationale as telling someone who posted something they
don't like as saying they're drunk. As far as I'm concerned until you
show proof of your outrageous barroom claims you are a lying braggart.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The girly men here only drink lite beer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I read that beer sales are down in the US, I think even lite beer has gotten so it's too strong for the girly men.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I've driven when drunk but I have been in a car with drunk drivers long ago.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 May 2018 05:30:11 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Sun, 27 May 2018 15:13:30 -0400, wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 28 May 2018 04:18:53 +1000, Bruce >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I don't care what anybody here drinks, but your posts can be so crude,
>>>offensive and outrageous, that you automatically have to wonder.

>>If that's how you feel you are within your rights to killfile me...
>>naturally you won't or RFC would lose its entertainment factor for you

>I don't have anyone killfiled, except the Boner Troll when his hatred
>becomes too repetitive. And just because you don't have someone
>killfiled, doesn't mean you have to read everything they write, right?
>
>>... and since you don't cook my provocative posts are all you are
>>capable of gleaning from RFC.

>Maybe I should post a picture of the Moroccan preserved lemons I just
>made. I don't know if that qualifies as cooking though. There's no
>heat involved. And I made hummus the other day and am about to make it
>again. Also no heat though.

It's about rec.FOOD.cooking so it qualifies... and acidifying is
indeed a form of cooking, same as pickling/fermenting. Go ahead and
post your pictures, but that doesn't necessarily let you off the hook
unless you actually did the prep yourself and not just something you
bought in a container or lifted a pic off the net as so many here do,
some have the unmittigated gall to post an URL from a store ad and say
that's my stove.
There was a time when people here posted pictures often of most
everything they prepared, and pictures in their own kictchens which
made everything more meaningful. And then it was difficult as hardly
anyone had digital cameras and used film cameras so had to wait for
developmemt and had to scan the photos in order to send them on the
net... it was time consuming and was expensive as film and deveopment
wasn't free and most everyone had dial-up and had to pay to send and
receive, especially files. Now that it's a nothing to post pics
(right from their cell phones), it makes me wonder. RFC used to
sponsor Cook-Alongs, a group of posters would get together, bring
dishes and food to cook.... there are pictures at the RFC web site.
Now everyone has become so ultra secretive, they won't even post a
selfie.
To be perfectly honest some of the women who posted here
some twenty years ago would send me nudies of themselves, I ain't
saying who... every few days one gal would set her nekid crotch on a
scanner and send me the image. The net was new then, I suppose they
found it tittilating.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> I've driven when drunk but I have been in a car with drunk drivers long
> ago.

If you've driven drunk you for sure have been in a car with a drunk driver.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I meant to say I've never driven when drunk.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 27 May 2018 16:22:09 -0400, wrote:

>It's about rec.FOOD.cooking so it qualifies... and acidifying is
>indeed a form of cooking, same as pickling/fermenting. Go ahead and
>post your pictures, but that doesn't necessarily let you off the hook
>unless you actually did the prep yourself and not just something you
>bought in a container or lifted a pic off the net as so many here do,
>some have the unmittigated gall to post an URL from a store ad and say
>that's my stove.

No, no, I didn't buy it. I made it myself:

http://oi65.tinypic.com/ka1ao5.jpg

(...)

>To be perfectly honest some of the women who posted here
>some twenty years ago would send me nudies of themselves, I ain't
>saying who... every few days one gal would set her nekid crotch on a
>scanner and send me the image. The net was new then, I suppose they
>found it tittilating.

LOL. I guess Jill isn't such a biddy after all!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> If that's how you feel you are within your rights to killfile me...
>>> naturally you won't or RFC would lose its entertainment factor for you

>> I don't have anyone killfiled, except the Boner Troll when his hatred
>> becomes too repetitive. And just because you don't have someone
>> killfiled, doesn't mean you have to read everything they write, right?
>>
>>> ... and since you don't cook my provocative posts are all you are
>>> capable of gleaning from RFC.

>> Maybe I should post a picture of the Moroccan preserved lemons I just
>> made. I don't know if that qualifies as cooking though. There's no
>> heat involved. And I made hummus the other day and am about to make it
>> again. Also no heat though.

> To be perfectly honest some of the women who posted here
> some twenty years ago would send me nudies of themselves, I ain't
> saying who... every few days one gal would set her nekid crotch on a
> scanner and send me the image. The net was new then, I suppose they
> found it tittilating.

I bet yoose ejaculated every time and splattered yoose monitor.

I think yoose are *LYING* AGAIN pOPEYE.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 27, 2018 at 9:44:32 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> I've driven when drunk but I have been in a car with drunk drivers long ago.

My wife's mom was in a car that was driven by a drunk person. Heck, she could have been driving. My guess is that everybody in the car was drunk. Back in those days, the designated driver was the person that was still able to get the keys in the ignition. Anyway, there was my wife's mom, one other married guy, and a married couple in the car - when they drove off a cliff.

This was in Montana back in the late 50's. They had big families back then so, near as I can figure, the number of kids that lost a parent or both parents approached 20. The rest is history - very likely of the worst kind.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> If that's how you feel you are within your rights to killfile me...
>>> naturally you won't or RFC would lose its entertainment factor for you

>> I don't have anyone killfiled, except the Boner Troll when his hatred
>> becomes too repetitive. And just because you don't have someone
>> killfiled, doesn't mean you have to read everything they write, right?
>>
>>> ... and since you don't cook my provocative posts are all you are
>>> capable of gleaning from RFC.

>> Maybe I should post a picture of the Moroccan preserved lemons I just
>> made. I don't know if that qualifies as cooking though. There's no
>> heat involved. And I made hummus the other day and am about to make it
>> again. Also no heat though.

> It's about rec.FOOD.cooking so it qualifies... and acidifying is
> indeed a form of cooking, same as pickling/fermenting. Go ahead and
> post your pictures, but that doesn't necessarily let you off the hook
> unless you actually did the prep yourself and not just something you
> bought in a container or lifted a pic off the net as so many here do,

How do you know this?

> some have the unmittigated gall to post an URL from a store ad and say
> that's my stove.

Prove it.

> To be perfectly honest some of the women who posted here
> some twenty years ago would send me nudies of themselves, I ain't
> saying who... every few days one gal would set her nekid crotch on a
> scanner and send me the image. The net was new then, I suppose they
> found it tittilating.

Oh pulleeze.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon, your body is probably used to your coffee drinking; mine isn't. I just drink a medium
roast decaf. If my system needs a nudge, I drink dark-roasted decaf.

Sorry, folks, TMI.

N.

Low fiber diet WAS: Colonoscopy [email protected] General Cooking 52 31-10-2014 04:39 AM
High fiber recipe? KenK General Cooking 11 31-05-2013 05:55 PM
Deducting fiber from carbs. Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 11 18-02-2013 05:11 AM
uhhhhh...fiber? z z General Cooking 6 14-06-2012 07:11 PM
Low fat low fiber vegetarian diet Jupiter Vegan 20 12-02-2004 02:49 AM