Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fiber

I need something fiberous, to eat. I've lost nearly 30 lbs, but am
plugged up like concrete down a drain pipe!

Popcorn usta do it fer me (one bag, pooped twice a day!). but my
teeth/gums are too messed up to go down that road, anymore. I'd
prefer something in the vegetable range. RFC regulars respond!

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/18/2018 1:42 PM, notbob wrote:
> I need something fiberous, to eat. I've lost nearly 30 lbs, but am
> plugged up like concrete down a drain pipe!
>
> Popcorn usta do it fer me (one bag, pooped twice a day!). but my
> teeth/gums are too messed up to go down that road, anymore. I'd
> prefer something in the vegetable range. RFC regulars respond!
>
> nb

Prunes and raspberries are the highest. Raising are good too, just
watch out for the sugar.

Peas and beans are best in the veggie side.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 18, 2018 at 1:42:53 PM UTC-4, notbob wrote:
> I need something fiberous, to eat. I've lost nearly 30 lbs, but am
> plugged up like concrete down a drain pipe!
>
> Popcorn usta do it fer me (one bag, pooped twice a day!). but my
> teeth/gums are too messed up to go down that road, anymore. I'd
> prefer something in the vegetable range. RFC regulars respond!
>
> nb

Prunes probably have too much sugar for you, but they're
the best. Fiber, plus they have chemicals that make you
go:

<http://mentalfloss.com/article/69479/why-do-prunes-make-you-poop>

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-18 1:42 PM, notbob wrote:
> I need something fiberous, to eat. I've lost nearly 30 lbs, but am
> plugged up like concrete down a drain pipe!
>
> Popcorn usta do it fer me (one bag, pooped twice a day!). but my
> teeth/gums are too messed up to go down that road, anymore. I'd
> prefer something in the vegetable range. RFC regulars respond!

Stewed prunes. I love them, but I have zero need for laxatives.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 18, 2018 at 2:36:48 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-05-18 1:42 PM, notbob wrote:
> > I need something fiberous, to eat. I've lost nearly 30 lbs, but am
> > plugged up like concrete down a drain pipe!
> >
> > Popcorn usta do it fer me (one bag, pooped twice a day!). but my
> > teeth/gums are too messed up to go down that road, anymore. I'd
> > prefer something in the vegetable range. RFC regulars respond!
> >

> Stewed prunes. I love them, but I have zero need for laxatives.

Why stewed? I eat 'em right out of the package.

I don't like prune juice because it's... cooked. All of
the tartness that tells me prunes used to be plums is
gone.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
>I need something fiberous, to eat. I've lost nearly 30 lbs, but am
> plugged up like concrete down a drain pipe!
>
> Popcorn usta do it fer me (one bag, pooped twice a day!). but my
> teeth/gums are too messed up to go down that road, anymore. I'd
> prefer something in the vegetable range. RFC regulars respond!
>
> nb

Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, cabbage.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/18/2018 1:42 PM, notbob wrote:
> I need something fiberous, to eat. I've lost nearly 30 lbs, but am
> plugged up like concrete down a drain pipe!
>
> Popcorn usta do it fer me (one bag, pooped twice a day!). but my
> teeth/gums are too messed up to go down that road, anymore. I'd
> prefer something in the vegetable range. RFC regulars respond!
>
> nb

Aside from eating, make sure you stay hydrated! Drink lots of water.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-18, jmcquown > wrote:

> Aside from eating, make sure you stay hydrated! Drink lots of water.

Speaking of which, screw them Rubbermaid ice cube trays. After they
are a couple yrs old, they start degrading and leave small amts of
sediment in yer glass. I gotta start looking fer them aluminum trays,
like they had in the old days.

I like water, but cold water. And it's getting to be Summertime
.....time fer iced water.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 May 2018 12:50:13 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On 18 May 2018 17:42:49 GMT, notbob wrote:
>
>> I need something fiberous, to eat. I've lost nearly 30 lbs, but am
>> plugged up like concrete down a drain pipe!
>>
>> Popcorn usta do it fer me (one bag, pooped twice a day!). but my
>> teeth/gums are too messed up to go down that road, anymore. I'd
>> prefer something in the vegetable range. RFC regulars respond!

>You can buy psyllium husks in bulk - as little or as much as want -
>at most health food stores. A tablespoon chased with lots of water.
>Then chase that with a big ass steak.
>
>Don't mix psyllium (or Metamucil-like preps) with water and then
>drink it. That stuff sticks to the glass and then gets washed down
>the drain where it sticks, swells, and clogs up your plumbing.

Very little sticks to the glass, and it's no biggies to add another
couple ounces of water and give it a stir and drink that too.

>Rather, stick it in your mouth dry and chase it water.
>
>-sw

Taking it dry is very dangerous... if it sticks to your pipes imagine
it sticking in your throat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 18, 2018 at 1:45:03 PM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:

> Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, cabbage.

I agree and you can add turnip greens to this menu.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-18, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> Prunes and raspberries are the highest. Raising are good too, just
> watch out for the sugar.

Prunes n' raisins do nothing for me.

> Peas and beans are best in the veggie side.

I still have some red beans, left. See above.

I bought some "dorky dead guy" nukeable popcorn.

They didn't have any "hull-less" popcorn of even "hull-less" popcorn
cakes (like rice cakes, only less "gaggy")

OR "Tender White". They did have organic popcorn, but OR's about the
same. No GMOs or antibiotics.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-18 2:43 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, May 18, 2018 at 2:36:48 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2018-05-18 1:42 PM, notbob wrote:
>>> I need something fiberous, to eat. I've lost nearly 30 lbs, but am
>>> plugged up like concrete down a drain pipe!
>>>
>>> Popcorn usta do it fer me (one bag, pooped twice a day!). but my
>>> teeth/gums are too messed up to go down that road, anymore. I'd
>>> prefer something in the vegetable range. RFC regulars respond!
>>>

>> Stewed prunes. I love them, but I have zero need for laxatives.

> Why stewed? I eat 'em right out of the package.

I don't mind them right out of the package. My mother used to stew them
and serve them for dessert.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Friday, May 18, 2018 at 10:42:53 AM UTC-7, notbob wrote:
> I need something fiberous, to eat. I've lost nearly 30 lbs, but am
> plugged up like concrete down a drain pipe!
>
> Popcorn usta do it fer me (one bag, pooped twice a day!). but my
> teeth/gums are too messed up to go down that road, anymore. I'd
> prefer something in the vegetable range. RFC regulars respond!
>
> nb

Magnesium. If your body is low in magnesium that can be a big cause. Take 500 mg of magnesium 3 o 4 times a day for a day or so. You'll clean out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 11:24:35 AM UTC-7, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Friday, May 18, 2018 at 10:42:53 AM UTC-7, notbob wrote:
> > I need something fiberous, to eat. I've lost nearly 30 lbs, but am
> > plugged up like concrete down a drain pipe!
> >
> > Popcorn usta do it fer me (one bag, pooped twice a day!). but my
> > teeth/gums are too messed up to go down that road, anymore. I'd
> > prefer something in the vegetable range. RFC regulars respond!
> >
> > nb

> Magnesium. If your body is low in magnesium that can be a big cause. Take 500 mg of magnesium 3 o 4 times a day for a day or so. You'll clean out.

and fiber is more of a cause than a cure for constipation......lots of water, drink lots of water, doesn't hurt to put some electrolytes in there too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-20, ImStillMags > wrote:

>> Magnesium. If your body is low in magnesium that can be a big
>> cause. Take 500 mg of magnesium 3 o 4 times a day for a day or so.
>> You'll clean out.

As a person who suffered mightily from thrombosed hemorroids, in my
youth, I NEVER use laxitives.

> and fiber is more of a cause than a cure for constipation......lots
> of water, drink lots of water, doesn't hurt to put some electrolytes
> in there too.

BTDT!

When my system stopped being a digestive tract and became an aquaduct,
fer a week, I usta drink a lotta Gatorade. I got so dehydrated, I
went to the pharmacy and asked the doc which had more electrolytes,
Gatorade or baby electrolytes (fer infant diarrhea). He sed Gatorade.
Which was good, as the baby electrolytes were insanely expensive.
Now, I cannot drink Gatorade, as it has tons o' added sugar. (did I
mention I jes lost 30 lbs?)

Besides, I been drinking nothing but water fer about 12 yrs. Beer,
also, but I essentially stopped drinking.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote:

> Too much too fast, even on a diet. If I went on a diet and lost 30
> lbs in 6 weeks I'd be asking my doctor for further investigation.
> Large rapid weightloss can be a symptom of serious problems.

Assuming you are fairly healthy, it can be done. A few years ago,
I dieted severely for about 60 days and I did lose 30 pounds. It
was a 1,000 calorie a day diet combined with lots of exercise.
Started out hard but once I got into it, I was fine. The almost
daily results overshadowed the small amount of eating.

I could stand to do that again but just getting started is hard
to do. It's a mindgame thing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 21, 2018 at 3:37:26 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Mon, 21 May 2018 10:34:00 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >That's five pounds per week he lost and men seem to be able to drop more
> >weight and faster than women. *Sigh*

> That only means men have more willpower.

Nope, different metabolism, more lean mass on men and women tend to
hang onto their curves in preparation of childbirth (estrogen).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 May 2018 13:58:44 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, May 21, 2018 at 3:37:26 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 21 May 2018 10:34:00 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >That's five pounds per week he lost and men seem to be able to drop more
>> >weight and faster than women. *Sigh*

>> That only means men have more willpower.
>>

>Nope, different metabolism, more lean mass on men and women tend to
>hang onto their curves in preparation of childbirth (estrogen).

Ok, I believe you
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-21, Janet > wrote:

> Large rapid weightloss can be a symptom of serious problems.

.....like being severly overweight?

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 21, 2018 at 1:08:45 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> Did he not mention he cut off his head? heheh

I just lost 200 lbs of ugly fat - I got a divorce!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 21, 2018 at 6:15:15 AM UTC-10, Janet wrote:

> Too much too fast, even on a diet. If I went on a diet and lost 30
> lbs in 6 weeks I'd be asking my doctor for further investigation.
> Large rapid weightloss can be a symptom of serious problems.
>
> Janet UK

My son's girlfriend's father has had sudden weight loss. They're scared to death. I can't say what's happening with that because they're either not telling us or they're ignoring the problem.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 May 2018 10:34:00 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, May 21, 2018 at 11:15:15 AM UTC-5, Janet wrote:
>>
>> In article >,
>> says...
>> >
>> > (did I
>> > mention I jes lost 30 lbs?)

>> Too much too fast, even on a diet. If I went on a diet and lost 30
>> lbs in 6 weeks I'd be asking my doctor for further investigation.
>> Large rapid weightloss can be a symptom of serious problems.
>>
>> Janet UK
>>

>That's five pounds per week he lost and men seem to be able to drop more
>weight and faster than women. *Sigh*

Still 5 lbs a day is way too much unless it's water from heavy
exercise, which I doubt notbob does.
Today was a warm dry day, haven had on in along time so I was outside
working non stop from 8 AM until now 7 PM. I didn't eat all day and
only sipped some water, maybe 10 oz. I dropped 5 lbs today, but
mostly H2O. I'll put it all back shortly. But I'll be back out there
tomorrow.
Too tired to cook tonight, had a SPAM sandwich with mustard and a
small sliced Vidalia. Tomorrow's dinner will be a top round roast
beef marinated in an Oriental marinade, already in a zip-loc in the
fridge. I hurt my thumb on my right hand today, accidently whacked it
with a crowbar digging out a tree root at the surface... lotsa blood
and pain. Took an hour to stop the bleeding,
pressure and a steptic stick. I'm bandaged but I'm sort of crippled
without use of my right hand. It'll be a double Crystal Palace night
to kill the pain. For me a usual single is half a cup... tonight will
be a one pinter.
No matter, I'll be out there mowing again tomorrow.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Monday, May 21, 2018 at 6:15:15 AM UTC-10, Janet wrote:
>>
>> Too much too fast, even on a diet. If I went on a diet and lost 30
>> lbs in 6 weeks I'd be asking my doctor for further investigation.
>> Large rapid weightloss can be a symptom of serious problems.
>>
>> Janet UK

> My son's girlfriend's father has had sudden weight loss. They're scared to
> death. I can't say what's happening with that because they're either not
> telling us or they're ignoring the problem.

Sometimes that can be a symptom of type 2 diabetes.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 21, 2018 at 2:36:11 PM UTC-10, Cheri wrote:

> Sometimes that can be a symptom of type 2 diabetes.
>
> Cheri

I did not know this. Her parents both lost their spouses to cancer. They were divorced and both remarried. Cancer led to her parents getting back together. My guess is that the daughter has mixed feelings about that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Monday, May 21, 2018 at 2:36:11 PM UTC-10, Cheri wrote:
>>

>> Sometimes that can be a symptom of type 2 diabetes.
>>
>> Cheri

> I did not know this. Her parents both lost their spouses to cancer. They
> were divorced and both remarried. Cancer led to her parents getting back
> together. My guess is that the daughter has mixed feelings about that.

=====

Whatever it is, I hope it works out for them.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

--
Jill, this msg from Xananews to see if my old PS2 keyboard is working
on my newer w10 computer.

Apparently, it does (thankfully). Unfortunately, Xananews still sucks,
big time, so I'll be figuring out how I can use Linux on this box.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 23 May 2018 02:53:55 GMT, notbob wrote:

> --
> Jill, this msg from Xananews to see if my old PS2 keyboard is working
> on my newer w10 computer.
>
> Apparently, it does (thankfully). Unfortunately, Xananews still sucks,
> big time, so I'll be figuring out how I can use Linux on this box.
>
> nb

Is this for real? You can't tell the keyboard works without having
to compose a Usenet message?!? In****ingcredible. Are you losing
your mind all alone there in the high elevation low oxygen
atmosphere?!? See if your keyboard types "REDRUM ALL WORK AND NO
PLAY MAKES JACK A DULL BOY REDUM" and see what happens.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> I'm sorry you hurt your thumb, but I think you mean "stiptic" stick
>>> [pencil] , which is the kind of thing used on shaving cuts. Hardly the
>>> kind of thing one would use on a wound that bled for an hour. I'd have
>>> been at an urgent care clinic asking if I needed stitches.
>>>
>>> Didn't you just recently say you haven't had a drink in years? LOL

>> That's the problem with lying. You have to remember your lies. Which
>> is extra hard when you drink too much.

> That was for the idiots who believe whatever annoys them must be the
> result of drinking... the idiots are incapable of accepting
> that my annoying comments are the truth about them

Um... Sheldon, you have quite often accused people here of being drunk
when they posted something you didn't agree with. Turnabout is fair
play.

As often as you've mentioned Crystal Palace over the years, I didn't
believe you were drunk when you said anything stupid. I know you
intended every word. Heh.

At any rate, how's the thumb? You were so busy replying to Bruce you
didn't address the stypic pencil and my oblique suggestion if it took an
hour to stop the bleeding... maybe it needs stitches?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 10:27:18 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> That was for the idiots who believe whatever annoys them must be the
> result of drinking... the idiots are incapable of accepting
> that my annoying comments are the truth about them

Nobody gives a shit if you drink. They don't care if you tell the truth. Posting while you're obviously drunk is the problem. Not for you of course - just for all the people around you. OTOH, you're a lot more entertaining when you is posting drunk so it doesn't bother me.

Low fiber diet WAS: Colonoscopy [email protected] General Cooking 52 31-10-2014 04:39 AM
High fiber recipe? KenK General Cooking 11 31-05-2013 05:55 PM
Deducting fiber from carbs. Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 11 18-02-2013 05:11 AM
uhhhhh...fiber? z z General Cooking 6 14-06-2012 07:11 PM
Low fat low fiber vegetarian diet Jupiter Vegan 20 12-02-2004 02:49 AM