Posted to rec.food.cooking
z z z z is offline

Default uhhhhh...fiber?

What is your [go] to choice? :-)

For quick and easy Activia yogurt is good if you like the taste of
yogurt.

For added benefit of cholesterol and blood sugar reduction flaxmeal
works well, but requires planning and prep.

Recently I tried an amazing product-it was in the local small grocery
store in the cookies section. I think the name was WhoNew or Nu or
(K)new...?? Chocolate chip cookies!

They tasted like shortbread cookies. Single serving was 3 cookies. Quite
good. The package declared them to be nutritional. One serving equiv of
1 bowl of oatmeal-serving also had calcium and vit d-also oddly had your
daily requirement of vit c. All I know is I ate them at work and shortly
after 5pm they worked quite well :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

z z wrote:

> What is your [go] to choice? :-)
>
> For quick and easy Activia yogurt is good if you like the taste of
> yogurt.

I like yogurt but don't care for it plain and the mush. I always add some
bran cereal flakes for some crunch.

Gary
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"z z" > wrote in message
> What is your [go] to choice? :-)

(Much snippage, sorry)

I don't look for added fiber. Too much fiber landed me in the hospital for
a week with a drain in my back for diverticulitis. Not everyone's
intestinal system can deal with fiber.

> For quick and easy Activia yogurt is good if you like the taste of
> yogurt.

You sound like a spokesperson! Sorry, but I don't eat yogurt. And
especially if you add more fiber to it.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/9/2012 10:24 AM, jmcquown wrote:

> "z z" > wrote in message
>> What is your [go] to choice? :-)
>>

> (Much snippage, sorry)
>
> I don't look for added fiber. Too much fiber landed me in the hospital
> for a week with a drain in my back for diverticulitis. Not everyone's
> intestinal system can deal with fiber.
>
>> For quick and easy Activia yogurt is good if you like the taste of
>> yogurt.
>>

> You sound like a spokesperson! Sorry, but I don't eat yogurt. And
> especially if you add more fiber to it.

Everyone's digestive system can deal with fiber. What it can't deal with
is additional fiber without additional fluid to keep it from bricking
up. Your diverticulitis was due to your ongoing diverticulosis, which
also relies on fiber and good hydration to keep the diverticuli cleared
out. If your colon got inflamed, don't blame "too much fiber" alone.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pennyaline" > wrote in message
> On 6/9/2012 10:24 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> "z z" > wrote in message
>>> What is your [go] to choice? :-)
>>>

>> (Much snippage, sorry)
>>
>> I don't look for added fiber. Too much fiber landed me in the hospital
>> for a week with a drain in my back for diverticulitis. Not everyone's
>> intestinal system can deal with fiber.
>>
>>> For quick and easy Activia yogurt is good if you like the taste of
>>> yogurt.
>>>

>> You sound like a spokesperson! Sorry, but I don't eat yogurt. And
>> especially if you add more fiber to it.

> Everyone's digestive system can deal with fiber. What it can't deal with
> is additional fiber without additional fluid to keep it from bricking up.
> Your diverticulitis was due to your ongoing diverticulosis, which also
> relies on fiber and good hydration to keep the diverticuli cleared out. If
> your colon got inflamed, don't blame "too much fiber" alone.

I drink ice water all day long... lots of it. I always have. I know my
diverticulitis wasn't caused by lack of hydration.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/10/2012 1:23 AM, jmcquown wrote:

> I drink ice water all day long... lots of it. I always have. I know my
> diverticulitis wasn't caused by lack of hydration.

Don't bet the farm on that.