Jupiter

Default Low fat low fiber vegetarian diet

Hello,
I was just diagnosed with diabetic gastroparesis today. My stomach is
slow to move the food through to the intestine. Apart from
medicaments, I need to eat low fat low fiber easily digestible food.
Can you help me with veggy stuff I should preferably eat.

hanks in advance,
Jupiter
Plug

"Jupiter" > wrote in message
m...
> Hello,
> I was just diagnosed with diabetic gastroparesis today. My stomach is
> slow to move the food through to the intestine. Apart from
> medicaments, I need to eat low fat low fiber easily digestible food.
> Can you help me with veggy stuff I should preferably eat.
>
> hanks in advance,
> Jupiter

If you have a medical condition, you really should get advice from your
doctor, not a newsgroup.
Deb

usual suspect

Kevin Loop wrote:
> Hi
>
> Going from one diet to another can be a challenge, but trust me, it's
> not impossible. You can still have wonderful food by using different
> ingredients. I have found it helpful to use google to search out
> recipes that have been converted to a veg or vegan diet.

That's not what she wanted. She's looking for a low-fat, low-fiber diet.

> Example:
> search for vegan cheese cake.

Why the hell should she search for that? She has diabetic gastroparesis.
That's a disorder in which the vagus nerve becomes damaged by diabetes,
causing the stomach to *really* slow down digestion. She damn sure
doesn't need "vegan" sweets that will linger in her stomach. Besides,
tofu has more than 50% of calories from fat -- something else she needs
to avoid.

> You'll be amazed on all the choices that
> come up by doing a bit of research like that.

Not as amazed at she'll be by people in newsgroups offering bogus and
irrelevant advice...

> Also, spend a bit of time
> at a good book store looking through specialty cook books that cater to
> a vegetarian or vegan diet.

And why should she eat a veg*n diet? She *must* avoid high fiber foods.
She needs a professional dietician, not a bunch of loony vegans
recommending cook books. She also had an iron deficiency, iirc, a short
time back. Her health is already impaired by her veg-n diet. You're
recommending she go off the deep end.

> Good Luck

She needs it.

usual suspect

Jupiter wrote:
> Hello,
> I was just diagnosed with diabetic gastroparesis today. My stomach is
> slow to move the food through to the intestine. Apart from
> medicaments, I need to eat low fat low fiber easily digestible food.
> Can you help me with veggy stuff I should preferably eat.

I appreciate the fact you like animals, but your health should come
first. You will get too much fiber on a veg-n diet, unless you eat very,
very small meals. Even then you will probably have to eat some meat to
be healthy. Do you want to be healthy?

You really do need to get advice from a professional dietician, not from
a bunch of vegans. You need professional guidance, and this just isn't
the place to get it. You are clearly in a very bad way between your
diabetes, gastroparesis, iron deficiency, and Lord knows what else is
going on with your body.

ipse dixit

"usual suspect" > wrote in message ...
> Jupiter wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I was just diagnosed with diabetic gastroparesis today. My stomach is
> > slow to move the food through to the intestine. Apart from
> > medicaments, I need to eat low fat low fiber easily digestible food.
> > Can you help me with veggy stuff I should preferably eat.

> I appreciate the fact you like animals, but your health should come
> first. You will get too much fiber on a veg-n diet, unless you eat very,
> very small meals. Even then you will probably have to eat some meat to
> be healthy. Do you want to be healthy?
>
> You really do need to get advice from a professional dietician

Which rules out your earlier advice to eat meat
then, doesn't it?

> not from a bunch of vegans.

"I am vegan"
usual suspect 2002-05-09

"First, don't EVER call me "a vegan" or even just "vegan."
usual suspect 2003-06-10

"No thanks, I'm a vegan."
usual suspect 2003-08-14

"You'll find my views have been consistent."
usual suspect 2003-09-05

> You need professional guidance, and this just isn't
> the place to get it.

Then why advise this person to eat meat? Since
your joining up with the meatarians in these
vegan and animal related groups you've become
a typical disinformationist along with them.

usual suspect

Dreck wrote:
>>You really do need to get advice from a professional dietician

> Which rules out your earlier advice to eat meat
> then, doesn't it?

My advice is consistent with what a nutritionist would offer under the
circumstances of iron deficiency and diabetes gastroparesis.
Nevertheless, I said:

I appreciate the fact you like animals, but your health should
come first. You will get too much fiber on a veg-n diet, unless
you eat very, very small meals. Even then you will probably have
to eat some meat to be healthy. Do you want to be healthy?

You really do need to get advice from a professional dietician,
not from a bunch of vegans. You need professional guidance, and
this just isn't the place to get it. You are clearly in a very
bad way between your diabetes, gastroparesis, iron deficiency,
and Lord knows what else is going on with your body.

I did not say, "Go eat meat." I said she would *probably* have to eat some.

<snip>
>>You need professional guidance, and this just isn't
>>the place to get it.

> Then why advise this person to eat meat?

Did I, or are you just as obtuse as ever?

> Since
> your joining up with the meatarians in these
> vegan and animal related groups you've become
> a typical disinformationist along with them.

You're right. It's easier to snip away and misquote others like you do
than it is to be honest.

ipse dixit

"usual suspect" > wrote in message ...
> Kevin Loop wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Going from one diet to another can be a challenge, but trust me, it's
> > not impossible. You can still have wonderful food by using different
> > ingredients. I have found it helpful to use google to search out
> > recipes that have been converted to a veg or vegan diet.

> That's not what she wanted.

She specifically asked, "Can you help me with
veggy stuff I should preferably eat."

> > Example:
> > search for vegan cheese cake.

> Why the hell should she search for that?

Because she asked, "Can you help me with veggy
stuff I should preferably eat.", that's why.

> > You'll be amazed on all the choices that
> > come up by doing a bit of research like that.

> Not as amazed at she'll be by people in newsgroups offering bogus and
> irrelevant advice...

Which is exactly what you did when advising
her to eat meat. She asked for "veggy stuff",
not meat.

> > Also, spend a bit of time
> > at a good book store looking through specialty cook books that cater to
> > a vegetarian or vegan diet.

> And why should she eat a veg*n diet?

Why shouldn't she? If she can find a low fiber
diet from the advice she was asking for here,
then why should she follow your advice to eat
meat?

> She *must* avoid high fiber foods.
> She needs a professional dietician, not a bunch of loony vegans

"I am vegan"
usual suspect 2002-05-09

"First, don't EVER call me "a vegan" or even just "vegan."
usual suspect 2003-06-10

"No thanks, I'm a vegan."
usual suspect 2003-08-14

"You'll find my views have been consistent."
usual suspect 2003-09-05

You're the last person to trust for any advice
since your recent mesalliance with meatarians.
You simply cannot be trusted.

ipse dixit

"usual suspect" > wrote in message ...
> Dreck wrote:
> >>You really do need to get advice from a professional dietician

> > Which rules out your earlier advice to eat meat
> > then, doesn't it?

> My advice is consistent with what a

meatarian

> would offer

usual suspect

Dreck wrote:
>>>Going from one diet to another can be a challenge, but trust me, it's
>>>not impossible. You can still have wonderful food by using different
>>>ingredients. I have found it helpful to use google to search out
>>>recipes that have been converted to a veg or vegan diet.

>>That's not what she wanted.

> She specifically asked, "Can you help me with
> veggy stuff I should preferably eat."

Okay, putz, tell us which "veggy stuff" is low fiber.

>>>Example:
>>>search for vegan cheese cake.

>>Why the hell should she search for that?

> Because she asked, "Can you help me with veggy
> stuff I should preferably eat.", that's why.

And is that (a) low fiber, (b) low fat, or (c) suitable for diabetics?

Answers:
a. no
b. no
c. no

Stick to things you know something about, like starting electrical fires
and cheating your welfare system.

>>>You'll be amazed on all the choices that
>>>come up by doing a bit of research like that.

>>Not as amazed at she'll be by people in newsgroups offering bogus and
>>irrelevant advice...

> Which is exactly what you did when advising
> her to eat meat. She asked for "veggy stuff",
> not meat.

Dreck, find some "veggy stuff" that isn't high fiber.

>>>Also, spend a bit of time
>>>at a good book store looking through specialty cook books that cater to
>>>a vegetarian or vegan diet.

>>And why should she eat a veg*n diet?

> Why shouldn't she?

It's contraindicated by all her many maladies.

> If she can find a low fiber
> diet from the advice she was asking for here,
> then why should she follow your advice to eat
> meat?

I didn't advise her to do anything except seek professional assistance;
I warned her that she would probably have to eat meat. After all, it
lacks fiber (not to mention it won't spike her blood sugar AND will
provide some iron, which are both issues she's dealing with).

<snip>
> You simply cannot be trusted.

And why should anyone listen to a self-crippled ex-tyre changer?

usual suspect

Dreck wrote:

>>>Which rules out your earlier advice to eat meat
>>>then, doesn't it?

>>My advice is consistent with what a

> meatarian

No such thing. Nutritionist, dietician, endocrinologist... anyone with
knowledge of metabolic disorders (e.g., diabetes) and diet.

>>would offer

What's your advice, greasemonkey?

ipse dixit

> >>That's not what she wanted.

> > She specifically asked, "Can you help me with
> > veggy stuff I should preferably eat."

> Okay, putz, tell us which "veggy stuff" is low fiber.

Certainly not meat as you advised, because
it isn't "veggy stuff", is it? If you had nothing
better to offer than meat, which was clearly
contrary to her question, why did you even
bother responding in the first place, troll?

> >>Why the hell should she search for that?

> > Because she asked, "Can you help me with veggy
> > stuff I should preferably eat.", that's why.

> And is that (a) low fiber, (b) low fat, or (c) suitable for diabetics?

Irrelevent. "Jupiter" specifically asked for veggy
stuff, so why did you offer meat?

> >>Not as amazed at she'll be by people in newsgroups offering bogus and
> >>irrelevant advice...

> > Which is exactly what you did when advising
> > her to eat meat. She asked for "veggy stuff",
> > not meat.

> Dreck, find some "veggy stuff" that isn't high fiber.

If you cannot answer "Jupiter's" question by
providing a veggy choice as asked, why answer
with a meat choice instead? "Jupiter" came to a
vegan forum asking for advice, but being the troll
you are you offered meat instead. That's quite
typical of you and something the regulars here
have come to expect.

usual suspect

Dreck wrote:
<snip>

Just keeping being a big, fat arsehole, Nash. It really does suit you.

ipse dixit

> >>My advice is consistent with what a

> > meatarian

> No such thing.

Yes there is: you for example. How long will
we have to wait for you to suddenly announce
you've started to eat meat as Dutch did when
he was beaten into submission by the antis?

"I am vegan"
usual suspect 2002-05-09

"First, don't EVER call me "a vegan" or even just "vegan."
usual suspect 2003-06-10

"No thanks, I'm a vegan."
usual suspect 2003-08-14

"You'll find my views have been consistent."
usual suspect 2003-09-05

haw haw haw!

ipse dixit

"usual suspect" > wrote in message ...
> Dreck wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Just keeping being a big, fat arsehole, Nash. It really does suit you.

Your snipping and dodging is noted, troll.
If you cannot answer "Jupiter's" question by
providing a veggy choice as asked, why answer
with a meat choice instead? "Jupiter" came to a
vegan forum asking for advice, but being the troll
you are you offered meat instead. That's quite
typical of you and something the regulars here
have come to expect.

usual suspect

Dreck wrote:
>>Just keeping being a big, fat arsehole, Nash. It really does suit you.

> Your snipping and dodging is noted, troll.

HA! So is yours, bluefoot.

> If you cannot answer "Jupiter's" question...

Why haven't *you* answered her question, shit-stirrer?

ipse dixit

"usual suspect" > wrote in message ...
> Dreck wrote:
> >>Just keeping being a big, fat arsehole, Nash. It really does suit you.

> > Your snipping and dodging is noted, troll.

> HA! So is yours, bluefoot.
>
> > If you cannot answer "Jupiter's" question...

> Why haven't *you* answered her question, shit-stirrer?

I don't know of any low-fiber vegan foods
off the top of my head, so I didn't offer any
advice, but the bigger question here is why
you offered meat when it was patently clear
in her question that she was looking for a
veggie alternative on a vegan forum. I think
the answer to that is that you're a meatarian
troll on a vegan newsgroup.

"I am vegan"
usual suspect 2002-05-09

"First, don't EVER call me "a vegan" or even just "vegan."
usual suspect 2003-06-10

"No thanks, I'm a vegan."
usual suspect 2003-08-14

"You'll find my views have been consistent."
usual suspect 2003-09-05

haw haw haw!

usual suspect

Dreck wrote:

>>>Your snipping and dodging is noted, troll.

>>HA! So is yours, bluefoot.
>>
>>>If you cannot answer "Jupiter's" question...

>>Why haven't *you* answered her question, shit-stirrer?

> I don't know of any low-fiber vegan foods
> off the top of my head,

Exxxxxactly, you big fat ****.

<snip>

T5NF

Jupiter wrote:
>Hello,
>I was just diagnosed with diabetic gastroparesis today. My stomach is
>slow to move the food through to the intestine. Apart from
>medicaments, I need to eat low fat low fiber easily digestible food.
>Can you help me with veggy stuff I should preferably eat.

As Deb said, check with your doctor. He or she should be able to hook you up
with a clinical dietician and/or nutritionist who can best advise you as to
what foods to include in your diet.

Cheers,

Fritz

Beach Runner

Jupiter wrote:

>Hello,
>I was just diagnosed with diabetic gastroparesis today. My stomach is
>slow to move the food through to the intestine. Apart from
>medicaments, I need to eat low fat low fiber easily digestible food.
>Can you help me with veggy stuff I should preferably eat.
>
>hanks in advance,
>Jupiter

Jupitor,

Consider one solution. Get a good juicer, like a Green Star twin screw
or at least a Champion.
Then you can make veggie juice which is both very nutritious and almost
empty of fiber. You can thus
consume the nutrition of leafy greens, beets, fruits and such with
little strain on your digestive system.

For example, you can combine carrot, kale, beet, collard greens, and
maybe some apple in a large
juice. Drink slowly, much digestion takes place in the mouth.

Best of luck,

Road Runner

Rubystars

"Jupiter" > wrote in message
m...
> Hello,
> I was just diagnosed with diabetic gastroparesis today. My stomach is
> slow to move the food through to the intestine. Apart from
> medicaments, I need to eat low fat low fiber easily digestible food.
> Can you help me with veggy stuff I should preferably eat.
>
> hanks in advance,
> Jupiter

Here's a page that has some listed. I'd talk to your doctor first though and
ask him what he or she thinks you should eat.

http://www.gicare.com/pated/edtgs02.htm