Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Croquettes with no egg?

On 1/13/2018 11:09 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> Seems a bit overpriced. This one looks like a steal.
>
> https://www.classic-trader.com/uk/ca...pe/1970/119835

109KM on a pretty solid 'looking' body, might be worth a chance...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 12:41:14 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> > dsi1 wrote:
> >

> > Naw, just a few mentioning it's here. I do NOT recall seeing it in
> > Hawaii. I suspect the bone to meat ratio is too low to make it that
> > popular there outside maybe Waikiki.
> >
> > It was actually Japan where I encountered it first as something
> > commonly there at the stores. It was seasonal (culling the herd
> > time) but I liked it very well.
> >
> > Here, I get them anytime at the local American Asian Grocery and of
> > course, I have seen them elsewhere in the more upscale markets.
> >
> > Best simmered slow and low to make a lovely broth.

> I've never made Oxtail soup nor am I a big fan but it is popular over
> here. My guess is that it's made and served differently than on the
> mainland because it's made Chinese style.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPla9cgUZHs

Oh! I must have misread something. I thought you said they didnt have
Ox tail there! I don't recall it from there but evidently it's there
fine.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/13/2018 11:27 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Cheri"* wrote in message news >
> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
>
>> The world would be a nicer place if we eliminated all words starting
>> with N from our language.* Can't be too safe.

> LOL, it could happen. ;-)
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> I can't see that the word used in conversation is so upsetting.* Calling
> someone any kind of bad name isn't nice
>
> I am not referring to Carol, but we have a lot virtue signalers here in
> UK that are plain stupid.

Ha, "virtue signalers" - that's a classic!

Ms. O I am going to borrow that from you, tnx.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/13/2018 11:37 AM, graham wrote:
> On 2018-01-13 10:01 AM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 6:33:49 AM UTC-10, Casa estilo
>> antiguo wrote:
>>>
>>> Of course, who hasn't lusted after a Lada 128...
>>>
>>> ;-0

>> If history has taught us anything, it is that we should never buy a
>> car from a commie.
>>

> Hmmmm! Remember the Chevy Vega?

Or the exploding Pinto!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/13/2018 11:46 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 8:37:58 AM UTC-10, graham wrote:
>> Hmmmm! Remember the Chevy Vega?

> Yes I do. It was a failed American copy of a great Italian car. I liked the car so much that I owned 3 of them. Not the Vega, but the Fiat 124.
>
> I got a missile alert on my phone about 20 minutes ago. We're all going to die!

Oh drat, I hope not...

:-(((

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 8:55:10 AM UTC-10, Casa estilo antiguo wrote:
> On 1/13/2018 11:46 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 8:37:58 AM UTC-10, graham wrote:
> >> Hmmmm! Remember the Chevy Vega?

> > Yes I do. It was a failed American copy of a great Italian car. I liked the car so much that I owned 3 of them. Not the Vega, but the Fiat 124.
> >
> > I got a missile alert on my phone about 20 minutes ago. We're all going to die!
> >

> Oh drat, I hope not...
>
> :-(((

Somebody got some 'splaning to do about how that alert was sent out through the emergency warning system.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 12:47:26 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> >
> > If you keep to the simple definition, it's basically a beef bull or
> > cow that's been trained to work. Some purists require they be one
> > of 2 Bos breeds to truely count. REality, the 'Ox tail' in our
> > markets is just the tail of a cow or a bull turned into meat. That
> > prized piece is sold for far more than such a bony part would
> > normally go for because it makes such a lovely broth!

> Bone broth seems to be the latest thing. Oxtail prices could go
> through the roof!

There is nothing particularily 'new' about bone broth. JUst a name
change to make it seem trendy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/13/2018 12:00 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 8:55:10 AM UTC-10, Casa estilo antiguo wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes I do. It was a failed American copy of a great Italian car. I liked the car so much that I owned 3 of them. Not the Vega, but the Fiat 124.
>>>
>>> I got a missile alert on my phone about 20 minutes ago. We're all going to die!
>>>

>> Oh drat, I hope not...
>>
>> :-(((

> Somebody got some 'splaning to do about how that alert was sent out through the emergency warning system.

Just read the bad news - that was a nasty Saturday AM surprise/error.

Tsunami forgery next?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 9:05:47 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>

> There is nothing particularily 'new' about bone broth. JUst a name
> change to make it seem trendy.

I agree, there's absolutely nothing new about bone broth. The Japanese make a wonderful bone broth. It made me dizzy the first time I had it.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2012/02/h...me-recipe.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Casa estilo antiguo" wrote in message news
On 1/13/2018 11:27 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
>
>> The world would be a nicer place if we eliminated all words starting with
>> N from our language. Can't be too safe.

> LOL, it could happen. ;-)
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> I can't see that the word used in conversation is so upsetting. Calling
> someone any kind of bad name isn't nice
>
> I am not referring to Carol, but we have a lot virtue signalers here in UK
> that are plain stupid.

Ha, "virtue signalers" - that's a classic!

Ms. O I am going to borrow that from you, tnx.

==

lol it's rife here)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 9:18:56 AM UTC-10, Casa estilo antiguo wrote:

> Just read the bad news - that was a nasty Saturday AM surprise/error.
>
> Tsunami forgery next?

A tsunami alert would be welcome. Let me tell you, you don't want a nuke alert. Hee hee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On 1/13/2018 11:46 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 8:37:58 AM UTC-10, graham wrote:
> >> Hmmmm! Remember the Chevy Vega?

> > Yes I do. It was a failed American copy of a great Italian car. I liked
> > the car so much that I owned 3 of them. Not the Vega, but the Fiat 124.
> >
> > I got a missile alert on my phone about 20 minutes ago. We're all going
> > to die!
> >

> Oh drat, I hope not...
>
> :-(((

Somebody got some 'splaning to do about how that alert was sent out through
the emergency warning system.
==

Scary, but why does it come to your phone??

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 19:26:47 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"dsi1" wrote in message
>
>On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 8:55:10 AM UTC-10, Casa estilo antiguo
>wrote:
>> >
>> > Yes I do. It was a failed American copy of a great Italian car. I liked
>> > the car so much that I owned 3 of them. Not the Vega, but the Fiat 124.
>> >
>> > I got a missile alert on my phone about 20 minutes ago. We're all going
>> > to die!
>> >

>> Oh drat, I hope not...
>>
>> :-(((

>Somebody got some 'splaning to do about how that alert was sent out through
>the emergency warning system.
>==
>
>Scary, but why does it come to your phone??

I don't know about dsi!, but many government agencies or communities
have a program app that you can install on your cell phone. When an
alert is sounded it goes to everyone that has installed the app. It
could be a weather alert, criminal at large, etc You might check to
see if such an app is available to you.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/13/2018 2:26 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1"Â* wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 8:55:10 AM UTC-10, Casa estilo antiguo
> wrote:
>> >
>> > Yes I do. It was a failed American copy of a great Italian car. I

>> liked > the car so much that I owned 3 of them. Not the Vega, but the
>> Fiat 124.
>> >
>> > I got a missile alert on my phone about 20 minutes ago. We're all

>> going > to die!
>> >

>> Oh drat, I hope not...
>>
>> :-(((

> Somebody got some 'splaning to do about how that alert was sent out
> through the emergency warning system.
> ==
>
> Scary, but why does it come to your phone??

I hate *** on my phone!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 8:55:10 AM UTC-10, Casa estilo
> antiguo wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes I do. It was a failed American copy of a great Italian car. I
> > > liked the car so much that I owned 3 of them. Not the Vega, but
> > > the Fiat 124.
> > >
> > > I got a missile alert on my phone about 20 minutes ago. We're all
> > > going to die!
> > >

> > Oh drat, I hope not...
> >
> > :-(((

> Somebody got some 'splaning to do about how that alert was sent out
> through the emergency warning system.

Yeah, someone pushed the wrong button.

There is one sunny side. At least we know the button works! NOT a
good way to find out though!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 13:31:41 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 19:26:47 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>

>>"dsi1" wrote in message
>>
>>On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 8:55:10 AM UTC-10, Casa estilo antiguo
>>wrote:

>>> Oh drat, I hope not...
>>>
>>> :-(((

>>Somebody got some 'splaning to do about how that alert was sent out through
>>the emergency warning system.
>>==
>>
>>Scary, but why does it come to your phone??
>>

>I don't know about dsi!, but many government agencies or communities
>have a program app that you can install on your cell phone. When an
>alert is sounded it goes to everyone that has installed the app. It
>could be a weather alert, criminal at large, etc You might check to
>see if such an app is available to you.

Does it also have a "Muslim within 50 metres" alarm?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 1:03:55 PM UTC-5, Casa estilo antiguo wrote:
> On 1/13/2018 10:11 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> Saving a life isn't analogous to eating a communal plated dinner.

> >> What makes you think the ones I've seen do this are "friends"?

> > I'm not suggesting that you go to an Ethiopian restaurant with
> > strangers or casual acquaintances. Sheesh.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> I was referring to double dipping at a party, as I thought your reply was.
>
> And being friends with folks is no reason to get finger close on the
> same platter of stewed foods with a thin pancake of najera as the only
> firewall betwixt our respective mouths.
>
> That's far too chummy for me.

Well, that's your neurosis. You could go to an Ethiopian restaurant
alone.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"dsi1" wrote in message
>
>On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 8:55:10 AM UTC-10, Casa estilo antiguo
>wrote:
>> >
>> > Yes I do. It was a failed American copy of a great Italian car. I liked
>> > the car so much that I owned 3 of them. Not the Vega, but the Fiat 124.
>> >
>> > I got a missile alert on my phone about 20 minutes ago. We're all going
>> > to die!
>> >

>> Oh drat, I hope not...
>>
>> :-(((

>Somebody got some 'splaning to do about how that alert was sent out through
>the emergency warning system.
>==
>
>Scary, but why does it come to your phone??

I don't know about dsi!, but many government agencies or communities
have a program app that you can install on your cell phone. When an
alert is sounded it goes to everyone that has installed the app. It
could be a weather alert, criminal at large, etc You might check to
see if such an app is available to you.
Janet US

==

Ahhh, thanks I didn't know. I don't really use the apps.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What are you trying to make?

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 19:51:03 -0500, jmcquown >
> > wrote:

> > > Yeah, but she shot down things like Egg Beaters (which are made
> > > with the whites) even though she was looking for an egg
> > > substitute.

> > I made shrimp croquettes (or patties, or dumplings, whatever you
> > want to call them) once and in order for everything to stick
> > together, I took a bit of the raw shrimp and stuck it in the food
> > processor and blended it to a paste. That was mixed with the rest
> > of the shrimp (which was chopped), along with the panko, diced
> > shallots, herbs, etc. No eggs.
> >
> > It worked really nicely. You couldn't tell that some of the shrimp
> > had been basically turned into a pate, because the taste and
> > texture of the chopped shrimp dominated.
> >
> > I'm a bit squicked thinking about using this method for a chicken
> > croquette, but I bet it would work.
> >
> > Doris

> Perhaps, but I want to make hominy ones.

Ok, I'm over it. Start over and tell folks what you are tryng to make.

Hominy
Grits
Croquets

Which one of the 3?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 17:29:43 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Julie Bove wrote:
>

>> "Doris Night" > wrote in message

>> > I made shrimp croquettes (or patties, or dumplings, whatever you
>> > want to call them) once and in order for everything to stick
>> > together, I took a bit of the raw shrimp and stuck it in the food
>> > processor and blended it to a paste. That was mixed with the rest
>> > of the shrimp (which was chopped), along with the panko, diced
>> > shallots, herbs, etc. No eggs.
>> >
>> > It worked really nicely. You couldn't tell that some of the shrimp
>> > had been basically turned into a pate, because the taste and
>> > texture of the chopped shrimp dominated.
>> >
>> > I'm a bit squicked thinking about using this method for a chicken
>> > croquette, but I bet it would work.
>> >
>> > Doris

>> Perhaps, but I want to make hominy ones.

>Ok, I'm over it. Start over and tell folks what you are tryng to make.
>
>Hominy
>Grits
>Croquets
>
>Which one of the 3?

RFC person: I want to make potato croquettes.
cshenk: Be clear! Do you want to cook potatoes or make croquettes!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 9:29:19 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Scary, but why does it come to your phone??

The phone is connected to a system that issues statewide warnings. Mostly we get flash flood warnings. Occasionally we get tsunami warnings. Mostly we ignore them. I told my wife that the warning was false and not to worry about it. I was 80% sure it was fake, anyway. My daughter's friend called her crying saying that the place was going to be bombed. She told her friend it was not going to happen. I don't know how sure she was about that.

I feel sorry for the tourists that got caught up in all of this. Boy, they must have felt dumb for what probably seemed like the worst time in the history of Hawaiian vacations. What the heck, they got a good story to tell when they get back home.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 10:33:47 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

> Yeah, someone pushed the wrong button.
>
> There is one sunny side. At least we know the button works! NOT a
> good way to find out though!

I posted about Korea sending nukes over here almost 2 years ago. I was assured by a rfc rocket scientist that there was as much chance of that happening as him hitting his backside on the moon. So much for rfc rocket scientists.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>

>> "Doris Night" > wrote in message

>> > I made shrimp croquettes (or patties, or dumplings, whatever you
>> > want to call them) once and in order for everything to stick
>> > together, I took a bit of the raw shrimp and stuck it in the food
>> > processor and blended it to a paste. That was mixed with the rest
>> > of the shrimp (which was chopped), along with the panko, diced
>> > shallots, herbs, etc. No eggs.
>> >
>> > It worked really nicely. You couldn't tell that some of the shrimp
>> > had been basically turned into a pate, because the taste and
>> > texture of the chopped shrimp dominated.
>> >
>> > I'm a bit squicked thinking about using this method for a chicken
>> > croquette, but I bet it would work.
>> >
>> > Doris

>> Perhaps, but I want to make hominy ones.

> Ok, I'm over it. Start over and tell folks what you are tryng to make.
>
> Hominy
> Grits
> Croquets
>
> Which one of the 3?

I don't what the third thing is. I said that I used to make hominy
croquettes. That is what they are called. They contain grits that are made
of hominy. They are formed into the croquettes, then dipped in egg, then
bread crumbs. There is also egg used in the croquette mixture. I can't have
egg and have yet to find a suitable substitute. I can try the chia seeds but
the ones I have are black so they won't look very good!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 17:29:43 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
>>Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Perhaps, but I want to make hominy ones.

>>Ok, I'm over it. Start over and tell folks what you are tryng to make.
>>
>>Hominy
>>Grits
>>Croquets
>>
>>Which one of the 3?

> RFC person: I want to make potato croquettes.
> cshenk: Be clear! Do you want to cook potatoes or make croquettes!

Hehehe. You just made me snort a pecan.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 1/13/2018 3:16 AM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:51:21 PM UTC-10, Casa estilo antiguo
>> wrote:
>>>

>>> Unless it's a Yugo or Trabby...
>>>
>>> ;-)

>> The Yugo GV is a Yugoslavian version of the Fiat 128 built under licence.
>> How bad could it be? Hee hee.
>>

> Some years ago a guy at work bought himself a BMW. His wife complained
> about driving an old car so he bought her a brand new Yugo. Came close to
> divorce.

Hehehe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in message
news
> On 2018-01-13 10:01 AM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 6:33:49 AM UTC-10, Casa estilo antiguo
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Of course, who hasn't lusted after a Lada 128...
>>>
>>> ;-0

>> If history has taught us anything, it is that we should never buy a car
>> from a commie.
>>

> Hmmmm! Remember the Chevy Vega?

I went to college with a guy who had one. Was always breaking down.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 8:37:58 AM UTC-10, graham wrote:
>> Hmmmm! Remember the Chevy Vega?

> Yes I do. It was a failed American copy of a great Italian car. I liked
> the car so much that I owned 3 of them. Not the Vega, but the Fiat 124.
>
> I got a missile alert on my phone about 20 minutes ago. We're all going to
> die!

That must have been scary!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 7:35:56 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:

> That must have been scary!

Alerts by the warning system are preceded by a loud tone. That's usually alarming but I told my wife to ignore it because it was a scam. We stayed in bed the whole time. If we really do get nuked, staying in bed seems like a viable option. My daughter told her friend, who was crying and afraid, the same thing. I guess we must think alike.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 7:35:56 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:

> That must have been scary!

Alerts by the warning system are preceded by a loud tone. That's usually
alarming but I told my wife to ignore it because it was a scam. We stayed in
bed the whole time. If we really do get nuked, staying in bed seems like a
viable option. My daughter told her friend, who was crying and afraid, the
same thing. I guess we must think alike.

=======

Yes, I would prefer to stay in my own home drinking Finlandia with a straw.
I'm very glad it was bogus.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 8:20:46 PM UTC-10, Cheri wrote:

> Yes, I would prefer to stay in my own home drinking Finlandia with a straw.
> I'm very glad it was bogus.
>
> Cheri

I was planning to have my way with my wife when this buzzkill came up. I hate it when that happens.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The REAL Cheri wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 7:35:56 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > That must have been scary!

> Alerts by the warning system are preceded by a loud tone. That's usually
> alarming but I told my wife to ignore it because it was a scam. We stayed in
> bed the whole time. If we really do get nuked, staying in bed seems like a
> viable option. My daughter told her friend, who was crying and afraid, the
> same thing. I guess we must think alike.
>
> =======
>
> Yes, I would prefer to stay in my own home drinking Finlandia with a straw.
> I'm very glad it was bogus.

Lol...perfect...!!!

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 22:37:38 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 8:20:46 PM UTC-10, Cheri wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I would prefer to stay in my own home drinking Finlandia with a straw.
>> I'm very glad it was bogus.
>>
>> Cheri

>I was planning to have my way with my wife when this buzzkill came up. I hate it when that happens.

That's what they call "Saved by the buzzkill".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 9:29:19 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Scary, but why does it come to your phone??

The phone is connected to a system that issues statewide warnings. Mostly we
get flash flood warnings. Occasionally we get tsunami warnings. Mostly we
ignore them. I told my wife that the warning was false and not to worry
about it. I was 80% sure it was fake, anyway. My daughter's friend called
her crying saying that the place was going to be bombed. She told her friend
it was not going to happen. I don't know how sure she was about that.

I feel sorry for the tourists that got caught up in all of this. Boy, they
must have felt dumb for what probably seemed like the worst time in the
history of Hawaiian vacations. What the heck, they got a good story to tell
when they get back home.

==

Yes they will. I would hate to be in that situation. My husband was
wondering if, given the tests from N.Korea, it was meant as a warning to
people to be prepared fro something like that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 10:33:47 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

> Yeah, someone pushed the wrong button.
>
> There is one sunny side. At least we know the button works! NOT a
> good way to find out though!

I posted about Korea sending nukes over here almost 2 years ago. I was
assured by a rfc rocket scientist that there was as much chance of that
happening as him hitting his backside on the moon. So much for rfc rocket
scientists.
==

Isn't it just!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"dsi1" > wrote in message
On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 7:35:56 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:

> That must have been scary!

Alerts by the warning system are preceded by a loud tone. That's usually
alarming but I told my wife to ignore it because it was a scam. We stayed in
bed the whole time. If we really do get nuked, staying in bed seems like a
viable option. My daughter told her friend, who was crying and afraid, the
same thing. I guess we must think alike.

=======

Yes, I would prefer to stay in my own home drinking Finlandia with a straw.
I'm very glad it was bogus.

Cheri

==

Well, I don't know what it means to be 'drinking Finlandia with a straw'
but it sounds good to me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 09:12:53 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"dsi1" wrote in message
>
>On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 10:33:47 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, someone pushed the wrong button.
>>
>> There is one sunny side. At least we know the button works! NOT a
>> good way to find out though!

>I posted about Korea sending nukes over here almost 2 years ago. I was
>assured by a rfc rocket scientist that there was as much chance of that
>happening as him hitting his backside on the moon. So much for rfc rocket
>scientists.
>==
>
>Isn't it just!!

Hello, it didn't happen.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 6:35:45 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 17:29:43 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
> >Julie Bove wrote:

> >> Perhaps, but I want to make hominy ones.

> >Ok, I'm over it. Start over and tell folks what you are tryng to make.
> >
> >Hominy
> >Grits
> >Croquets
> >
> >Which one of the 3?

> RFC person: I want to make potato croquettes.
> cshenk: Be clear! Do you want to cook potatoes or make croquettes!

Apparently, we were supposed to guess from this text in her original post:

> Now I am Jonesing for croquettes after seeing that in the subject. The
> problems? I need a recipe for baked ones with no egg. I used to make some
> with hominy (perhaps grits?) and cheese. They were rolled in bread crumbs
> and baked. I served them with tomato sauce on top. I think I no longer have
> the cookbook that that the recipe was in though. It did contain egg but I
> think if I put enough cheese in, it might be enough to bind it all together.

It took me quite a while to divine that "I used to make" means "I want to
make again".

Googling for "croquettes hominy cheese" turned up some hits. If I were
Julie and hadn't received a satisfactory reply after the thread had
reached 696 posts in 11 days, I think I would just abandon the effort
on rec.food.cooking and try a search engine.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 8:20:46 PM UTC-10, Cheri wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I would prefer to stay in my own home drinking Finlandia with a
>> straw.
>> I'm very glad it was bogus.
>>
>> Cheri

> I was planning to have my way with my wife when this buzzkill came up. I
> hate it when that happens.

====

LOL, yes a real buzzkill!!!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-14 1:11 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 7:35:56 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove
> wrote:
>>
>> That must have been scary!

> Alerts by the warning system are preceded by a loud tone. That's
> usually alarming but I told my wife to ignore it because it was a
> scam. We stayed in bed the whole time. If we really do get nuked,
> staying in bed seems like a viable option. My daughter told her
> friend, who was crying and afraid, the same thing. I guess we must
> think alike.

Shades of the Cold War. I remember the nuclear attack drills we used to
have in school. We had to go out to the halls, sit on the ground with
out backs to the wall, put our heads between our knees ..... and kiss
our asses goodbye.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/14/2018 10:29 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> Shades of the Cold War. I remember the nuclear attack drills we used to
> have in school. We had to go out to the halls, sit on the ground with
> out backs to the wall, put our heads between our knees ..... and kiss
> our asses goodbye.

So Autofellatio comes easy for you.

REC salmon croquettes piedmont General Cooking 5 13-05-2010 04:45 PM
Chicken Croquettes?? Jeanne Burton General Cooking 12 07-01-2010 07:18 PM
Egg Croquettes kuyabayu Recipes 1 07-07-2009 06:27 PM
Ham Croquettes Chef R W Miller Recipes (moderated) 0 28-04-2007 04:04 PM