FoodBanter.com

-   -   Croquettes with no egg? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/442874-croquettes-no-egg.html)

Julie Bove[_2_] 03-01-2018 08:09 AM

Croquettes with no egg?

Now I am Jonesing for croquettes after seeing that in the subject. The
problems? I need a recipe for baked ones with no egg. I used to make some
with hominy (perhaps grits?) and cheese. They were rolled in bread crumbs
and baked. I served them with tomato sauce on top. I think I no longer have
the cookbook that that the recipe was in though. It did contain egg but I
think if I put enough cheese in, it might be enough to bind it all together.

Anyone have a recipe for some with no egg? And no, I don't really know of
any good egg substitutes. Most don't work. Flax seeds might work in this
though.

ImStillMags 03-01-2018 04:42 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 12:09:38 AM UTC-8, Julie Bove wrote:
> Now I am Jonesing for croquettes after seeing that in the subject. The
> problems? I need a recipe for baked ones with no egg. I used to make some
> with hominy (perhaps grits?) and cheese. They were rolled in bread crumbs
> and baked. I served them with tomato sauce on top. I think I no longer have
> the cookbook that that the recipe was in though. It did contain egg but I
> think if I put enough cheese in, it might be enough to bind it all together.
>
> Anyone have a recipe for some with no egg? And no, I don't really know of
> any good egg substitutes. Most don't work. Flax seeds might work in this
> though.

You can grind up chia seeds and mix with hot water, let stand and it becomes gelatinous enough to bind it.

Sqwertz[_51_] 03-01-2018 05:30 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

On 1/3/2018 8:35 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> I suggest you just go buy some Tater Tots.

>> Omelet wrote:

>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

[email protected] 03-01-2018 06:22 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 00:09:20 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>Now I am Jonesing for croquettes after seeing that in the subject. The
>problems? I need a recipe for baked ones with no egg. I used to make some
>with hominy (perhaps grits?) and cheese. They were rolled in bread crumbs
>and baked. I served them with tomato sauce on top. I think I no longer have
>the cookbook that that the recipe was in though. It did contain egg but I
>think if I put enough cheese in, it might be enough to bind it all together.
>
>Anyone have a recipe for some with no egg? And no, I don't really know of
>any good egg substitutes. Most don't work. Flax seeds might work in this
>though.

Latkes don't need eggs. Mashed spuds make good croquettes, no eggs
required.

U.S. Janet B. 03-01-2018 07:03 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

On Wed, 03 Jan 2018 13:22:31 -0500, wrote:

>On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 00:09:20 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>
>>Now I am Jonesing for croquettes after seeing that in the subject. The
>>problems? I need a recipe for baked ones with no egg. I used to make some
>>with hominy (perhaps grits?) and cheese. They were rolled in bread crumbs
>>and baked. I served them with tomato sauce on top. I think I no longer have
>>the cookbook that that the recipe was in though. It did contain egg but I
>>think if I put enough cheese in, it might be enough to bind it all together.
>>
>>Anyone have a recipe for some with no egg? And no, I don't really know of
>>any good egg substitutes. Most don't work. Flax seeds might work in this
>>though.

>Latkes don't need eggs. Mashed spuds make good croquettes, no eggs
>required.

you need the egg to hold mashed potato croquettes together. Maybe
it's possible to mix in enough bread crumbs to make the mashed
potatoes together.

Sqwertz[_51_] 03-01-2018 07:26 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

Julie Bove[_2_] 03-01-2018 09:55 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 00:09:20 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> Now I am Jonesing for croquettes after seeing that in the subject. The
>> problems? I need a recipe for baked ones with no egg. I used to make some
>> with hominy (perhaps grits?) and cheese. They were rolled in bread crumbs
>> and baked. I served them with tomato sauce on top. I think I no longer
>> have
>> the cookbook that that the recipe was in though. It did contain egg but I
>> think if I put enough cheese in, it might be enough to bind it all
>> together.
>>
>> Anyone have a recipe for some with no egg? And no, I don't really know of
>> any good egg substitutes. Most don't work. Flax seeds might work in this
>> though.

> Unless they're potato, croquettes don't have eggs. And you can't bake
> them (reasonably). I suggest you just go buy some Tater Tots.
>
> Not to mention, I think we've all lost count of the number of times
> you've flip-flopped on your egg allergy/intollerance.
>
> Save it <yawn>

Nope. Have never flip flopped on the egg. I do make things with egg but I
don't eat them myself. And you certainly can bake croquettes.

Julie Bove[_2_] 03-01-2018 09:56 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
> On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 12:09:38 AM UTC-8, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Now I am Jonesing for croquettes after seeing that in the subject. The
>> problems? I need a recipe for baked ones with no egg. I used to make some
>> with hominy (perhaps grits?) and cheese. They were rolled in bread crumbs
>> and baked. I served them with tomato sauce on top. I think I no longer
>> have
>> the cookbook that that the recipe was in though. It did contain egg but I
>> think if I put enough cheese in, it might be enough to bind it all
>> together.
>>
>> Anyone have a recipe for some with no egg? And no, I don't really know of
>> any good egg substitutes. Most don't work. Flax seeds might work in this
>> though.

> You can grind up chia seeds and mix with hot water, let stand and it
> becomes gelatinous enough to bind it.

Thanks! Have not tried that.

Julie Bove[_2_] 03-01-2018 09:56 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

> wrote in message
> On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 00:09:20 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>Now I am Jonesing for croquettes after seeing that in the subject. The
>>problems? I need a recipe for baked ones with no egg. I used to make some
>>with hominy (perhaps grits?) and cheese. They were rolled in bread crumbs
>>and baked. I served them with tomato sauce on top. I think I no longer
>>have
>>the cookbook that that the recipe was in though. It did contain egg but I
>>think if I put enough cheese in, it might be enough to bind it all
>>together.
>>
>>Anyone have a recipe for some with no egg? And no, I don't really know of
>>any good egg substitutes. Most don't work. Flax seeds might work in this
>>though.

> Latkes don't need eggs. Mashed spuds make good croquettes, no eggs
> required.

Don't think I've ever had a potato croquette. How do you make them?

[email protected] 03-01-2018 10:22 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 12:59:53 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Wed, 03 Jan 2018 13:22:31 -0500, wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 00:09:20 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Now I am Jonesing for croquettes after seeing that in the subject. The
>>>problems? I need a recipe for baked ones with no egg. I used to make some
>>>with hominy (perhaps grits?) and cheese. They were rolled in bread crumbs
>>>and baked. I served them with tomato sauce on top. I think I no longer have
>>>the cookbook that that the recipe was in though. It did contain egg but I
>>>think if I put enough cheese in, it might be enough to bind it all together.
>>>
>>>Anyone have a recipe for some with no egg? And no, I don't really know of
>>>any good egg substitutes. Most don't work. Flax seeds might work in this
>>>though.

>> Latkes don't need eggs. Mashed spuds make good croquettes, no eggs
>> required.

>Mashed potatoes will not hold their shape when frying unless you use
>eggs. they will turn into ... well... mashed potatoes.
>
>-sw

That's because the dwarf can't cook.... all the dwarf does is open
jars of store bought condiments and calls that cooking.

[email protected] 03-01-2018 10:25 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

On Wed, 03 Jan 2018 12:03:05 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Wed, 03 Jan 2018 13:22:31 -0500, wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 00:09:20 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>>
>>>Now I am Jonesing for croquettes after seeing that in the subject. The
>>>problems? I need a recipe for baked ones with no egg. I used to make some
>>>with hominy (perhaps grits?) and cheese. They were rolled in bread crumbs
>>>and baked. I served them with tomato sauce on top. I think I no longer have
>>>the cookbook that that the recipe was in though. It did contain egg but I
>>>think if I put enough cheese in, it might be enough to bind it all together.
>>>
>>>Anyone have a recipe for some with no egg? And no, I don't really know of
>>>any good egg substitutes. Most don't work. Flax seeds might work in this
>>>though.

>>Latkes don't need eggs. Mashed spuds make good croquettes, no eggs
>>required.

>you need the egg to hold mashed potato croquettes together. Maybe
>it's possible to mix in enough bread crumbs to make the mashed
>potatoes together.

You can't cook either... that's why we've never seen anything you've
claimed to have cooked... FRAUD!

U.S. Janet B. 03-01-2018 10:41 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

wrote:

>>>Latkes don't need eggs. Mashed spuds make good croquettes, no eggs
>>>required.

>>you need the egg to hold mashed potato croquettes together. Maybe
>>it's possible to mix in enough bread crumbs to make the mashed
>>potatoes together.

>You can't cook either... that's why we've never seen anything you've
>claimed to have cooked... FRAUD!

your memory fails you or you stubbornly refuse to look when I post
pictures. Nevertheless. Something is needed to hold the coquettes
together. I shudder to think what your mashed potatoes are like if
they hold together without a binder.

U.S. Janet B. 03-01-2018 10:51 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 13:56:55 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 00:09:20 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Now I am Jonesing for croquettes after seeing that in the subject. The
>>>problems? I need a recipe for baked ones with no egg. I used to make some
>>>with hominy (perhaps grits?) and cheese. They were rolled in bread crumbs
>>>and baked. I served them with tomato sauce on top. I think I no longer
>>>have
>>>the cookbook that that the recipe was in though. It did contain egg but I
>>>think if I put enough cheese in, it might be enough to bind it all
>>>together.
>>>
>>>Anyone have a recipe for some with no egg? And no, I don't really know of
>>>any good egg substitutes. Most don't work. Flax seeds might work in this
>>>though.

>> Latkes don't need eggs. Mashed spuds make good croquettes, no eggs
>> required.

>Don't think I've ever had a potato croquette. How do you make them?

I use maybe cups of leftover, cold mashed potatoes that have been
make with milk and butter, minced or grated onion, 1 egg, some bread
crumbs to consistency to hold shape. Scoop some potato mixture and
form into a ball, drop into hot grease, butter or oil of your choice.
Medium heat. Fry on one side until brown and crispy. Turn the ball
partially over so that you have one flat browned side, one totally
uncooked side plus the side that you have just turned over. Brown
that side then turn again so that you have 3 browned sides. Generally,
the recipes on the 'Net are fairly similar. Tasty. My husband always
looks forward to them.
Janet US

jmcquown[_2_] 03-01-2018 11:34 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

On 1/3/2018 2:03 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Jan 2018 13:22:31 -0500, wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 00:09:20 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Now I am Jonesing for croquettes after seeing that in the subject. The
>>> problems? I need a recipe for baked ones with no egg. I used to make some
>>> with hominy (perhaps grits?) and cheese. They were rolled in bread crumbs
>>> and baked. I served them with tomato sauce on top. I think I no longer have
>>> the cookbook that that the recipe was in though. It did contain egg but I
>>> think if I put enough cheese in, it might be enough to bind it all together.
>>>
>>> Anyone have a recipe for some with no egg? And no, I don't really know of
>>> any good egg substitutes. Most don't work. Flax seeds might work in this
>>> though.

>> Latkes don't need eggs. Mashed spuds make good croquettes, no eggs
>> required.

> you need the egg to hold mashed potato croquettes together. Maybe
> it's possible to mix in enough bread crumbs to make the mashed
> potatoes together.

Yes, I've always found an egg needed to be used as a binder when making
mashed potato pancakes/croquettes.

I'm not sure what Julie is going for when she says "croquettes".
Something with tomato sauce on top. When I think about croquettes it's
usually made with chicken. In the 1950's. LOL

Jill

Jill

Bruce[_28_] 04-01-2018 02:35 AM

Croquettes with no egg?

On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 13:55:00 -0800, "Julie Bove"

<http://markets.aviko.com/en/product-range/classic-specialities/oven-croquettes>

Julie Bove[_2_] 04-01-2018 06:46 AM

Croquettes with no egg?

"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
> On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 13:56:55 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

> wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 00:09:20 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>>> Latkes don't need eggs. Mashed spuds make good croquettes, no eggs
>>> required.

>>Don't think I've ever had a potato croquette. How do you make them?

> I use maybe cups of leftover, cold mashed potatoes that have been
> make with milk and butter, minced or grated onion, 1 egg, some bread
> crumbs to consistency to hold shape. Scoop some potato mixture and
> form into a ball, drop into hot grease, butter or oil of your choice.
> Medium heat. Fry on one side until brown and crispy. Turn the ball
> partially over so that you have one flat browned side, one totally
> uncooked side plus the side that you have just turned over. Brown
> that side then turn again so that you have 3 browned sides. Generally,
> the recipes on the 'Net are fairly similar. Tasty. My husband always
> looks forward to them.
> Janet US

That's not what I'm looking for but thanks.

Julie Bove[_2_] 04-01-2018 07:10 AM

Croquettes with no egg?

wrote:

>>>you need the egg to hold mashed potato croquettes together. Maybe
>>>it's possible to mix in enough bread crumbs to make the mashed
>>>potatoes together.

>>You can't cook either... that's why we've never seen anything you've
>>claimed to have cooked... FRAUD!

> your memory fails you or you stubbornly refuse to look when I post
> pictures. Nevertheless. Something is needed to hold the coquettes
> together. I shudder to think what your mashed potatoes are like if
> they hold together without a binder.

I have made potato cakes with no binder. Have to make them small and thin
and they're not very good.

Julie Bove[_2_] 04-01-2018 07:11 AM

Croquettes with no egg?

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 1/3/2018 2:03 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Wed, 03 Jan 2018 13:22:31 -0500, wrote:
>>
>>> On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 00:09:20 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>>> Latkes don't need eggs. Mashed spuds make good croquettes, no eggs
>>> required.

>> you need the egg to hold mashed potato croquettes together. Maybe
>> it's possible to mix in enough bread crumbs to make the mashed
>> potatoes together.
>>

> Yes, I've always found an egg needed to be used as a binder when making
> mashed potato pancakes/croquettes.
>
> I'm not sure what Julie is going for when she says "croquettes". Something
> with tomato sauce on top. When I think about croquettes it's usually made
> with chicken. In the 1950's. LOL

Exactly.

Sqwertz[_51_] 04-01-2018 03:59 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

Sqwertz[_51_] 04-01-2018 04:00 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

On 1/3/2018 10:44 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> You need a new schtick.

508 Kingfisher Creek Dr, Austin, TX

https://www.redfin.com/TX/Austin/508.../home/31838188

https://www.arivify.com/property/search/NN7zGlJHG

Owner Name Wertz Patricia L
Address 508 Kingfisher Creek Dr
City Austin
State TX
Zip Code 78748
Legal Description Lot 35 Blk Z Texas Oaks 10

Sqwertz[_51_] 04-01-2018 04:01 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

Sqwertz[_51_] 04-01-2018 04:02 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

Sqwertz[_51_] 04-01-2018 08:05 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

Sqwertz[_51_] 04-01-2018 08:05 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

dsi1[_17_] 04-01-2018 08:17 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 10:09:38 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> Now I am Jonesing for croquettes after seeing that in the subject. The
> problems? I need a recipe for baked ones with no egg. I used to make some
> with hominy (perhaps grits?) and cheese. They were rolled in bread crumbs
> and baked. I served them with tomato sauce on top. I think I no longer have
> the cookbook that that the recipe was in though. It did contain egg but I
> think if I put enough cheese in, it might be enough to bind it all together.
>
> Anyone have a recipe for some with no egg? And no, I don't really know of
> any good egg substitutes. Most don't work. Flax seeds might work in this
> though.

My daughter made some mac and cheese in the slow cooker. I bagged the leftovers with the intention of making croquettes but she dumped it before I got around to it. I didn't want to use any eggs either.

I suppose you could use an ice cream scoop to scoop out some mac and cheese on to parchment paper and smash it down, then sprinkle some bread crumbs on to and stick it in a hot oven for 15 minutes or so. I was going to deep fry mine but that never happened. That's the breaks.

[email protected] 04-01-2018 10:56 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

It's supposed to have kidney in it.

Julie Bove[_2_] 05-01-2018 11:07 AM

Croquettes with no egg?

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>>> I use maybe cups of leftover, cold mashed potatoes that have been
>>> make with milk and butter, minced or grated onion, 1 egg, some bread
>>> crumbs to consistency to hold shape. Scoop some potato mixture and
>>> form into a ball, drop into hot grease, butter or oil of your choice.
>>> Medium heat. Fry on one side until brown and crispy. Turn the ball
>>> partially over so that you have one flat browned side, one totally
>>> uncooked side plus the side that you have just turned over. Brown
>>> that side then turn again so that you have 3 browned sides. Generally,
>>> the recipes on the 'Net are fairly similar. Tasty. My husband always
>>> looks forward to them.
>>> Janet US

>> That's not what I'm looking for but thanks.

> Why did you ask how to make them if they weren't what you were looking
> for? What kind of croquettes ARE you looking for? Or did you just
> post the request so you can bait people into replying with suggestions
> just so you can poo-poo them like you always do?
>
> Sheesh.
>
> -sw

Um dur, Steve. I specifically said "no egg" and "baked". So...

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] 05-01-2018 11:36 AM

Croquettes with no egg?

On Friday, January 5, 2018 at 6:07:48 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

> >> That's not what I'm looking for but thanks.

> > Why did you ask how to make them if they weren't what you were looking
> > for? What kind of croquettes ARE you looking for? Or did you just
> > post the request so you can bait people into replying with suggestions
> > just so you can poo-poo them like you always do?
> >
> > Sheesh.
> >
> > -sw

> Um dur, Steve. I specifically said "no egg" and "baked". So...

Here you go. Hey, I think Julie might still have me killfiled. Could
someone reply and quote so she can see the recipe?

Cindy Hamilton

Baked Jackfruit Croquettes

2 tablespoons vegan butter
1 white onion, diced
3 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 cups russet or Yukon potatoes, diced
1 20-ounce can jackfruit in brine
1 1/2 cups water
3/4 cup nutritional yeast, divided
1 cup chickpea flour
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
1/2 cup aquafaba (liquid from the can of chickpeas)

Over medium heat, melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add the garlic, spices, salt, and pepper. Cook for another couple minutes.

Prepare the jackfruit while the onions are cooking. Remove the center core and the seeds. Rinse well.

Place the diced potato, jackfruit, water, and 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast into the pan. Let simmer over medium heat until all the water is gone and the potatoes are cooked thoroughly. If you need to add a bit more water to achieve this, feel free to do so.

Remove from heat and mash. Mix in the chickpea flour.

Let the mixture cool for a bit until you can comfortably handle it. Form into logs and place in the freezer to firm up.

Preheat the oven to 375°F and oil a baking sheet well.

Toss together the rest of the nutritional yeast and bread crumbs in a shallow dish.

Place the aquafaba in another shallow dish.

Once the croquettes have firmed up a bit (about 15-20 minutes), remove them from the freezer. Dip each croquette into the aquafaba and then the bread crumb mixture.

Bake for 20 minutes, then flip the croquettes and bake for another 15 minutes.

Serve with Dijon mustard

Gary 05-01-2018 11:52 AM

Croquettes with no egg?

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Here you go. Hey, I think Julie might still have me killfiled. Could
> someone reply and quote so she can see the recipe?
>
> Cindy Hamilton
> Baked Jackfruit Croquettes
>
> 2 tablespoons vegan butter
> 1 white onion, diced
> 3 garlic cloves
> 1 teaspoon garlic powder
> 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
> 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
> 1/2 teaspoon salt
> 1/2 teaspoon pepper
> 3 cups russet or Yukon potatoes, diced
> 1 20-ounce can jackfruit in brine
> 1 1/2 cups water
> 3/4 cup nutritional yeast, divided
> 1 cup chickpea flour
> 2 tablespoons oil
> 1/2 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
> 1/2 cup aquafaba (liquid from the can of chickpeas)
>
> Over medium heat, melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add the garlic, spices, salt, and pepper. Cook for another couple minutes.
>
> Prepare the jackfruit while the onions are cooking. Remove the center core and the seeds. Rinse well.
>
> Place the diced potato, jackfruit, water, and 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast into the pan. Let simmer over medium heat until all the water is gone and the potatoes are cooked thoroughly. If you need to add a bit more water to achieve this, feel free to do so.
>
> Remove from heat and mash. Mix in the chickpea flour.
>
> Let the mixture cool for a bit until you can comfortably handle it. Form into logs and place in the freezer to firm up.
>
> Preheat the oven to 375°F and oil a baking sheet well.
>
> Toss together the rest of the nutritional yeast and bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
>
> Place the aquafaba in another shallow dish.
>
> Once the croquettes have firmed up a bit (about 15-20 minutes), remove them from the freezer. Dip each croquette into the aquafaba and then the bread crumb mixture.
>
> Bake for 20 minutes, then flip the croquettes and bake for another 15 minutes.
>
> Serve with Dijon mustard

Don't know why she would have you killfiled but here's a repost
just in case.

I've never heard of jackfruit so I had to look it up. I see it's
in the breadfruit family and I've always wanted to try that.
Interesting.

U.S. Janet B. 05-01-2018 03:48 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 03:07:33 -0800, "Julie Bove"

"

>>> That's not what I'm looking for but thanks.

>> Why did you ask how to make them if they weren't what you were looking
>> for? What kind of croquettes ARE you looking for? Or did you just
>> post the request so you can bait people into replying with suggestions
>> just so you can poo-poo them like you always do?
>>
>> Sheesh.
>>
>> -sw

>Um dur, Steve. I specifically said "no egg" and "baked". So...

No, what I replied to was this
Don't think I've ever had a potato croquette. How do you make them?"
I answered your rhetorical question.
Since this is a cooking group, if you were interested, I thought you
would be able to figure a simple work around for no egg and baking.
Janet US

Sqwertz[_51_] 05-01-2018 04:18 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

Sqwertz[_48_] 05-01-2018 04:19 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

Sqwertz[_51_] 05-01-2018 04:19 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

Sqwertz[_51_] 05-01-2018 04:20 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] 05-01-2018 05:31 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

On Friday, January 5, 2018 at 10:48:41 AM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 03:07:33 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

> "

> >> Why did you ask how to make them if they weren't what you were looking
> >> for? What kind of croquettes ARE you looking for? Or did you just
> >> post the request so you can bait people into replying with suggestions
> >> just so you can poo-poo them like you always do?
> >>
> >> Sheesh.
> >>
> >> -sw

> >Um dur, Steve. I specifically said "no egg" and "baked". So...

> No, what I replied to was this
> Don't think I've ever had a potato croquette. How do you make them?"
> I answered your rhetorical question.
> Since this is a cooking group, if you were interested, I thought you
> would be able to figure a simple work around for no egg and baking.
> Janet US

And that's why I posted the worst recipe I could easily find that
was a croquette with no eggs, and baked.

Cindy Hamilton

dsi1[_17_] 05-01-2018 05:45 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

On Friday, January 5, 2018 at 7:31:39 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> And that's why I posted the worst recipe I could easily find that
> was a croquette with no eggs, and baked.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Hey wait a minute, I like jackfruit - especially if it's in brine damnit!

Sqwertz 05-01-2018 07:49 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 09:31:33 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> And that's why I posted the worst recipe I could easily find that
> was a croquette with no eggs, and baked.

Whew. I was going to say something about that recipe but I thought
maybe you were serious. I was rolling my eyes as soon as I saw the
first ingredient: "Vegan Butter" - which we've known as "margarine"
for the last 75+ years.

-sw

Ed Pawlowski 05-01-2018 07:54 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

On 1/5/2018 2:49 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 09:31:33 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>> And that's why I posted the worst recipe I could easily find that
>> was a croquette with no eggs, and baked.

> Whew. I was going to say something about that recipe but I thought
> maybe you were serious. I was rolling my eyes as soon as I saw the
> first ingredient: "Vegan Butter" - which we've known as "margarine"
> for the last 75+ years.
>
> -sw

Vegans are not all happy with margarine. Maybe these chemicals are better.

Regular Vegan Butter Recipe - Coconut Oil Base
Yield: 1 cup (215 grams), or the equivalent of 2 sticks

¼ cup + 2 teaspoons soy milk
½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
½ teaspoon coconut vinegar (if you cant find coconut vinegar,
substitute with ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar so the total is 1
teaspoon apple cider vinegar)
¼ + teaspoon salt

½ cup + 2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon (130 grams) refined coconut oil, melted
1 Tablespoon canola oil, light olive oil or rice bran oil

1 teaspoon liquid soy lecithin or liquid sunflower lecithin or 2 ¼
teaspoons soy lecithin granules
¼ teaspoon xanthan gum or ½ + teaspoon psyllium husk powder
1) Curdle your soy milk
Place the soy milk, apple cider vinegar, coconut vinegar and salt in a
small cup and whisk together with a fork. Let it sit for about 10
minutes so the mixture curdles.
2) Mix your Vegan Butter ingredients
Melt the coconut oil in a microwave so it's barely melted and as close
to room temperature as possible. Measure it and add it and the canola
oil to a food processor. Add the soy milk mixture, soy lecithin and
xanthan gum to the food processor. Process for 2 minutes, scraping down
the sides halfway through the duration.
TIP: Making smooth Vegan Butter is dependent on the mixture
solidifying as quickly as possible after it's mixed. This is why it's
important to make sure your coconut oil is as close to room temperature
as possible before you mix it with the rest of the ingredients.
3) Transfer the Vegan Butter to a mold so it solidifies.
Pour the mixture into a mold and place it in the freezer to solidify. An
ice cube mold works well. It should be ready to use in about an hour.
Store Vegan Butter in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up
to 1 month or wrapped in plastic wrap in the freezer for up to 1 year.

Graham 05-01-2018 08:13 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

On 2018-01-05 12:54 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 1/5/2018 2:49 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 09:31:33 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>>> And that's why I posted the worst recipe I could easily find that
>>> was a croquette with no eggs, and baked.

>> Whew.* I was going to say something about that recipe but I thought
>> maybe you were serious.* I was rolling my eyes as soon as I saw the
>> first ingredient: "Vegan Butter" - which we've known as "margarine"
>> for the last 75+ years.
>>
>> -sw
>>

> Vegans are not all happy with margarine.

Vegans are generally not happy!

[email protected] 05-01-2018 08:13 PM

Croquettes with no egg?

>On 1/5/2018 2:49 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 09:31:33 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>>> And that's why I posted the worst recipe I could easily find that
>>> was a croquette with no eggs, and baked.

>> Whew. I was going to say something about that recipe but I thought
>> maybe you were serious. I was rolling my eyes as soon as I saw the
>> first ingredient: "Vegan Butter" - which we've known as "margarine"
>> for the last 75+ years.

I would have guessed vegan butter is K-Y Jelly.

Don't tell me margerine is butter.