Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC salmon croquettes

I'm working on this recipe right now, I used a can of sardines I had (15oz.)
and used half baking potato and half sweet potato (15 oz.), since they did a
'to taste' thing on the saltNpepper I did what I usually do which is sort of
spread the main ingredients out and sprinkle over them the SnP, probably
about 1/2 tsp each, i also added about an 1/8 tsp of ground cayenne . On my
way to store to buy onion. will ad about 1/4 cup chopped onion.

This was out of the free amazon cookbook called, 'Favorite Dishes: A
Columbian Autograph Souvenir Cookery Book', Carrie V. Shuman
salmon croquettes

1 can salmon, minced fine
2 lrg potatoes boiled and mashed
half a small onion chopped fine
2 raw eggs
salt and black pepper
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

mix well make into balls, roll in cracker dust and fry in boiling lard.

--
regards, piedmont (michael)
The Practical BBQ'r - http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"piedmont" > wrote in message
> I'm working on this recipe right now, I used a can of sardines I had
> (15oz.)

snip
> mix well make into balls, roll in cracker dust and fry in boiling lard.
>
> --
> regards, piedmont (michael)
> The Practical BBQ'r - http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
> (mawil55) Hardiness Zone 7-8

Welllll, the taste is ok but maybe it needed more potato? is too 'wet'?
needs to be 'stiffer' got it baking in the oven as a loaf.

Any croquette advice?

--
regards, piedmont (michael)
The Practical BBQ'r - http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
(mawil55) Hardiness Zone 7-8

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 May 2010 13:39:37 -0400, "piedmont" >
wrote:

> Welllll, the taste is ok but maybe it needed more potato? is too 'wet'?
> needs to be 'stiffer' got it baking in the oven as a loaf.
>
> Any croquette advice?

I haven't made croquettes in "forever" and never did make them much
when I did. Looking at the recipe, I'd try only one egg instead of
two for starters and I'd cut back that Worcestershire sauce to 1tsp at
the most. It's something I add it in drops, not teaspoon/tablespoon
measurements.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 11 May 2010 13:39:37 -0400, "piedmont" >
> wrote:
>
>> Welllll, the taste is ok but maybe it needed more potato? is too 'wet'?
>> needs to be 'stiffer' got it baking in the oven as a loaf.
>>
>> Any croquette advice?

> I haven't made croquettes in "forever" and never did make them much
> when I did. Looking at the recipe, I'd try only one egg instead of
> two for starters and I'd cut back that Worcestershire sauce to 1tsp at
> the most. It's something I add it in drops, not teaspoon/tablespoon
> measurements.
>
> --
> Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.

I finished baking it and it tasted good, firmed up. Just work on it next
time.

--
regards, piedmont (michael)
The Practical BBQ'r - http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
(mawil55) Hardiness Zone 7-8

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 11, 11:08*am, "piedmont" > wrote:
> I'm working on this recipe right now, I used a can of sardines I had (15oz.)
> and used half baking potato and half sweet potato (15 oz.), since they did a
> 'to taste' thing on the saltNpepper I did what I usually do which is sort of
> spread the main ingredients out and sprinkle over them the SnP, probably
> about 1/2 tsp each, i also added about an 1/8 tsp of ground cayenne . On my
> way to store to buy onion. will ad about 1/4 cup chopped onion.
>
> This was out of the free amazon cookbook called, 'Favorite Dishes: A
> Columbian Autograph Souvenir Cookery Book', Carrie V. Shuman
> salmon croquettes
>
> 1 can salmon, minced fine
> 2 lrg potatoes boiled and mashed
> half a small onion chopped fine
> 2 raw eggs
> salt and black pepper
> 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
>
> mix well make into balls, roll in cracker dust and fry in boiling lard.
>
> --
> regards, piedmont (michael)
> The Practical BBQ'r -http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
> (mawil55) Hardiness Zone 7-8

I thought croquettes were sort of cone-shaped. They always were at my
house. Salmon Croquettes was one of my mom's favorite things to
make. We never used potato or W. sauce, though, just made a really
thick bechamel as the base.

They are really good with a white sauce with hard-boiled egg chopped
up in it. Some people make a white sauce with peas - I don't like
peas.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
On May 11, 11:08 am, "piedmont" > wrote:
> I'm working on this recipe right now, I used a can of sardines I had
> (15oz.)

snip
> --
> regards, piedmont (michael)
> The Practical BBQ'r -http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
> (mawil55) Hardiness Zone 7-8

I thought croquettes were sort of cone-shaped. They always were at my
house. Salmon Croquettes was one of my mom's favorite things to
make. We never used potato or W. sauce, though, just made a really
thick bechamel as the base.

They are really good with a white sauce with hard-boiled egg chopped
up in it. Some people make a white sauce with peas - I don't like
peas.

N.

My mom was a Betty Crocker cook, yech, anyway she used their recipe, i think
which used either bread or cracker crumbs with fish, egg, onion, etc..
Yet hers were always tasty and firm ,which due to some sort of mental short
coming, i cannot get mine firm, even following a recipe. : (

michael