Old 03-01-2018, 08:09 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Croquettes with no egg?

Now I am Jonesing for croquettes after seeing that in the subject. The
problems? I need a recipe for baked ones with no egg. I used to make some
with hominy (perhaps grits?) and cheese. They were rolled in bread crumbs
and baked. I served them with tomato sauce on top. I think I no longer have
the cookbook that that the recipe was in though. It did contain egg but I
think if I put enough cheese in, it might be enough to bind it all together.

Anyone have a recipe for some with no egg? And no, I don't really know of
any good egg substitutes. Most don't work. Flax seeds might work in this
though.

Old 03-01-2018, 04:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 12:09:38 AM UTC-8, Julie Bove wrote:
Now I am Jonesing for croquettes after seeing that in the subject. The
problems? I need a recipe for baked ones with no egg. I used to make some
with hominy (perhaps grits?) and cheese. They were rolled in bread crumbs
and baked. I served them with tomato sauce on top. I think I no longer have
the cookbook that that the recipe was in though. It did contain egg but I
think if I put enough cheese in, it might be enough to bind it all together.

Anyone have a recipe for some with no egg? And no, I don't really know of
any good egg substitutes. Most don't work. Flax seeds might work in this
though.

You can grind up chia seeds and mix with hot water, let stand and it becomes gelatinous enough to bind it.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/3/2018 8:35 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
I suggest you just go buy some Tater Tots.

Omelet wrote:

He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw
Old 03-01-2018, 06:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 00:09:20 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

Now I am Jonesing for croquettes after seeing that in the subject. The
problems? I need a recipe for baked ones with no egg. I used to make some
with hominy (perhaps grits?) and cheese. They were rolled in bread crumbs
and baked. I served them with tomato sauce on top. I think I no longer have
the cookbook that that the recipe was in though. It did contain egg but I
think if I put enough cheese in, it might be enough to bind it all together.

Anyone have a recipe for some with no egg? And no, I don't really know of
any good egg substitutes. Most don't work. Flax seeds might work in this
though.

Latkes don't need eggs. Mashed spuds make good croquettes, no eggs
required.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 00:09:20 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

Now I am Jonesing for croquettes after seeing that in the subject. The
problems? I need a recipe for baked ones with no egg. I used to make some
with hominy (perhaps grits?) and cheese. They were rolled in bread crumbs
and baked. I served them with tomato sauce on top. I think I no longer
have
the cookbook that that the recipe was in though. It did contain egg but I
think if I put enough cheese in, it might be enough to bind it all
together.

Anyone have a recipe for some with no egg? And no, I don't really know of
any good egg substitutes. Most don't work. Flax seeds might work in this
though.

Unless they're potato, croquettes don't have eggs. And you can't bake
them (reasonably). I suggest you just go buy some Tater Tots.

Not to mention, I think we've all lost count of the number of times
you've flip-flopped on your egg allergy/intollerance.

Save it yawn

Nope. Have never flip flopped on the egg. I do make things with egg but I
don't eat them myself. And you certainly can bake croquettes.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" wrote in message
On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 12:09:38 AM UTC-8, Julie Bove wrote:
Now I am Jonesing for croquettes after seeing that in the subject. The
problems? I need a recipe for baked ones with no egg. I used to make some
with hominy (perhaps grits?) and cheese. They were rolled in bread crumbs
and baked. I served them with tomato sauce on top. I think I no longer
have
the cookbook that that the recipe was in though. It did contain egg but I
think if I put enough cheese in, it might be enough to bind it all
together.

Anyone have a recipe for some with no egg? And no, I don't really know of
any good egg substitutes. Most don't work. Flax seeds might work in this
though.

You can grind up chia seeds and mix with hot water, let stand and it
becomes gelatinous enough to bind it.

Thanks! Have not tried that.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Now I am Jonesing for croquettes after seeing that in the subject. The
problems? I need a recipe for baked ones with no egg. I used to make some
with hominy (perhaps grits?) and cheese. They were rolled in bread crumbs
and baked. I served them with tomato sauce on top. I think I no longer
have
the cookbook that that the recipe was in though. It did contain egg but I
think if I put enough cheese in, it might be enough to bind it all
together.

Anyone have a recipe for some with no egg? And no, I don't really know of
any good egg substitutes. Most don't work. Flax seeds might work in this
though.

Latkes don't need eggs. Mashed spuds make good croquettes, no eggs
required.

Don't think I've ever had a potato croquette. How do you make them?

Old 03-01-2018, 10:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 03 Jan 2018 17:25:51 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 03 Jan 2018 12:03:05 -0700, U.S. Janet B.
wrote:

wrote:

Now I am Jonesing for croquettes after seeing that in the subject. The
problems? I need a recipe for baked ones with no egg. I used to make some
with hominy (perhaps grits?) and cheese. They were rolled in bread crumbs
and baked. I served them with tomato sauce on top. I think I no longer have
the cookbook that that the recipe was in though. It did contain egg but I
think if I put enough cheese in, it might be enough to bind it all together.

Anyone have a recipe for some with no egg? And no, I don't really know of
any good egg substitutes. Most don't work. Flax seeds might work in this
though.

Latkes don't need eggs. Mashed spuds make good croquettes, no eggs
required.

you need the egg to hold mashed potato croquettes together. Maybe
it's possible to mix in enough bread crumbs to make the mashed
potatoes together.

You can't cook either... that's why we've never seen anything you've
claimed to have cooked... FRAUD!

your memory fails you or you stubbornly refuse to look when I post
pictures. Nevertheless. Something is needed to hold the coquettes
together. I shudder to think what your mashed potatoes are like if
they hold together without a binder.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 13:56:55 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Now I am Jonesing for croquettes after seeing that in the subject. The
problems? I need a recipe for baked ones with no egg. I used to make some
with hominy (perhaps grits?) and cheese. They were rolled in bread crumbs
and baked. I served them with tomato sauce on top. I think I no longer
have
the cookbook that that the recipe was in though. It did contain egg but I
think if I put enough cheese in, it might be enough to bind it all
together.

Anyone have a recipe for some with no egg? And no, I don't really know of
any good egg substitutes. Most don't work. Flax seeds might work in this
though.

Latkes don't need eggs. Mashed spuds make good croquettes, no eggs
required.

Don't think I've ever had a potato croquette. How do you make them?

I use maybe cups of leftover, cold mashed potatoes that have been
make with milk and butter, minced or grated onion, 1 egg, some bread
crumbs to consistency to hold shape. Scoop some potato mixture and
form into a ball, drop into hot grease, butter or oil of your choice.
Medium heat. Fry on one side until brown and crispy. Turn the ball
partially over so that you have one flat browned side, one totally
uncooked side plus the side that you have just turned over. Brown
that side then turn again so that you have 3 browned sides. Generally,
the recipes on the 'Net are fairly similar. Tasty. My husband always
looks forward to them.
Janet US
Old 04-01-2018, 02:35 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 13:55:00 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
[...]

http://markets.aviko.com/en/product-range/classic-specialities/oven-croquettes

REC salmon croquettes piedmont General Cooking 5 13-05-2010 04:45 PM
Chicken Croquettes?? Jeanne Burton General Cooking 12 07-01-2010 07:18 PM
Egg Croquettes kuyabayu Recipes 1 07-07-2009 06:27 PM
Ham Croquettes Chef R W Miller Recipes (moderated) 0 28-04-2007 04:04 PM