Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ketchup debate: To chill or not to chill

Mum never did! Jams, chutneys, pickles and ketchup were all stored on
the pantry shelf.
These days, people are so scared to leave anything out. Even the jar of
pickled onions I have states: "Refrigerate after opening" - ridiculous!
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38907451
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 8 Feb 2017 20:33:38 -0700, graham > wrote:

>Mum never did! Jams, chutneys, pickles and ketchup were all stored on
>the pantry shelf.
>These days, people are so scared to leave anything out. Even the jar of
>pickled onions I have states: "Refrigerate after opening" - ridiculous!
>http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38907451

I never considered it. I just refrigerated all of that because that
is what my mother did.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 9:52:27 PM UTC-6, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> I never considered it. I just refrigerated all of that because that
> is what my mother did.
> Janet US

Same here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/8/2017 11:11 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

> I like the contrast of nice cool ketchup on a nice hot, salty fry.
> Most stuff to refrigerate not just for safety, but for quality reasons
> as well. Mayonnaise, for example, doesn't have to be refrigerated but
> it becomes runny and turns translucent - very unappetizing.
>
> -sw

I agree on the mayo, but ketchup has never been in the fridge in my house.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" wrote in message news
Mum never did! Jams, chutneys, pickles and ketchup were all stored on
the pantry shelf.
These days, people are so scared to leave anything out. Even the jar of
pickled onions I have states: "Refrigerate after opening" - ridiculous!
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38907451

===

Pickled onions?????? LOL

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 07:16:12 -0400, wrote:

>On Wed, 8 Feb 2017 20:33:38 -0700, graham > wrote:
>
>>Mum never did! Jams, chutneys, pickles and ketchup were all stored on
>>the pantry shelf.
>>These days, people are so scared to leave anything out. Even the jar of
>>pickled onions I have states: "Refrigerate after opening" - ridiculous!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38907451

>I do keep ketchup and mayo in the fridge but only because it is more
>convenient.
>
>(I don't buy Heinz ketchup anymore, only Frenchs since Heinz did the
>dirty on all those farmers suddenly moving their plant to Mexico,
>neither will I buy fresh tomatoes from Mexico, however I am not
>suggesting we build a wall lol )

Here's Trump's new Minister of Justice doing the Nazi salute.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 10:33:46 PM UTC-5, graham wrote:
> Mum never did! Jams, chutneys, pickles and ketchup were all stored on
> the pantry shelf.
> These days, people are so scared to leave anything out. Even the jar of
> pickled onions I have states: "Refrigerate after opening" - ridiculous!
> http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38907451

I store all of that stuff in the fridge. I use it so seldom that
it would grow mold. In fact, sometimes that stuff grows mold even in the
fridge.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-02-08 10:52 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Feb 2017 20:33:38 -0700, graham > wrote:
>
>> Mum never did! Jams, chutneys, pickles and ketchup were all stored on
>> the pantry shelf.
>> These days, people are so scared to leave anything out. Even the jar of
>> pickled onions I have states: "Refrigerate after opening" - ridiculous!
>> http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38907451

> I never considered it. I just refrigerated all of that because that
> is what my mother did.

I know that it can sit out for a long time but I keep ours in the fridge
because we so seldom use it that I think we would be pushing the limits.
A bottle of ketchup lasts us at least months.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38907451

>>> I do keep ketchup and mayo in the fridge but only because it is more
>>> convenient.
>>>
>>> (I don't buy Heinz ketchup anymore, only Frenchs since Heinz did the
>>> dirty on all those farmers suddenly moving their plant to Mexico,
>>> neither will I buy fresh tomatoes from Mexico, however I am not
>>> suggesting we build a wall lol )

>> Here's Trump's new Minister of Justice doing the Nazi salute.

> Nope, I just have certain principles and when I saw what Heinz did,
> leaving a whole valley of tomato farmers in the lurch, I decided not
> to buy Heinz ketchup anymore. As it was, French decided it had all
> the condiments for dogs and burgers so they might as well have ketchup
> too and they rode in on their horse and rescued the farmers.
>
> Although I am in NS and this happened in Ontario, my local supermarket
> carries French, very prominently displayed. Dave Smith can probably
> point you to an article, it all happened in his area.

It's not exactly my area. It is more than 200 miles west of us. Heinz
had been making ketchup there for over 100 years and a couple years ago
the parent company shut down the plant and moved production to the US.
That as devastating to the small town because a huge chunk of its
economy was based on tomatoes. Moving the production to the US not only
put a couple hundred people out of work but it also left all those
tomato farmers stranded.

French's came along and bought the facilities and started making
ketchup. I don't use much ketchup but I have to say that I prefer the
French's product to Heinz, which IMO has evolved into a weak, runny,
sweet glop over the years.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

graham wrote:

>Mum never did! Jams, chutneys, pickles and ketchup were all stored on
>the pantry shelf.

Wasn't all that long ago that all people had was an ice-a-box, that's
all we had, wasn't much room for storage and wasn't wise to open the
door unnessesarily. Growing up we didn't keep many condiments and
certainly not in the humongous sizes available today. There was a
time when restaurants would refill ketchup bottles from bulk
containers, they are no longer permitted because that transfers
disease germs from hands, coughing, and sneezing... packets cost more
but are far more sanitary.

>These days, people are so scared to leave anything out. Even the jar of
>pickled onions I have states: "Refrigerate after opening" - ridiculous!
>http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38907451

Pickled onions are vacuum sealed, once opened they lose their aroma
and at a much quicker rate at room temperature than chilled. Pickled
onions are relatively expensive and not used up quickly, it's wasting
your money not to refrigerate.

I don't use many condiments often so I refrigerate to maintain
quality... a large bottle of ketchup can last me 2-3 years. I
refrigerate mustard because it's flavor changes once opened and when
left at room temperature for months. I use at least three times as
much mustard as ketchup. Also notice how these condiments are in
narrow necked containers, that's to limit exposure to air... once
opened and used the level goes down so more surface area is exposed
causing oxidation to occur more rapidly... that's why they say
"refrigerate after opening". With many of these products the aroma is
as important as flavor, like fruit jams which you'll notice are vacuum
sealed, once opened their aroma dissapates to the air more rapidly at
room temperature. With condiments it's wise to replace lids tightly,
same as one should with booze and perfumes. I've seen where lazy
people even toss condiment lids into the trash, they do the same with
butter, it's left exposed at room temperature, it loses its aroma and
absorbs all sorts of hidious odors, may as well use cheapo margerine.

When I buy condiments in twin packs or large containers I use my
basement fridge for storing the extras, which reminds me I need to
refill my small soy sauce bottle from the quart size of Kikkoman in
the basement fridge... I keep the small bottle in the kitchen fridge,
their web site explains why it should be refrigerated. I know someone
is going to come along and ridicule my use of Kikkoman when there are
others but that's what works for me... I don't care for the lower salt
one either.
I also prefer Del Monte ketchup to Heinz but I'll buy whichever is on
sale... I use more ketchup in marinades than directly on food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" wrote in message

graham wrote:

>Mum never did! Jams, chutneys, pickles and ketchup were all stored on
>the pantry shelf.

Wasn't all that long ago that all people had was an ice-a-box, that's
all we had, wasn't much room for storage and wasn't wise to open the
door unnessesarily. Growing up we didn't keep many condiments and
certainly not in the humongous sizes available today. There was a
time when restaurants would refill ketchup bottles from bulk
containers, they are no longer permitted because that transfers
disease germs from hands, coughing, and sneezing... packets cost more
but are far more sanitary.

>These days, people are so scared to leave anything out. Even the jar of
>pickled onions I have states: "Refrigerate after opening" - ridiculous!
>http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38907451

Pickled onions are vacuum sealed, once opened they lose their aroma
and at a much quicker rate at room temperature than chilled. Pickled
onions are relatively expensive and not used up quickly, it's wasting
your money not to refrigerate.

I don't use many condiments often so I refrigerate to maintain
quality... a large bottle of ketchup can last me 2-3 years. I
refrigerate mustard because it's flavor changes once opened and when
left at room temperature for months. I use at least three times as
much mustard as ketchup. Also notice how these condiments are in
narrow necked containers, that's to limit exposure to air... once
opened and used the level goes down so more surface area is exposed
causing oxidation to occur more rapidly... that's why they say
"refrigerate after opening". With many of these products the aroma is
as important as flavor, like fruit jams which you'll notice are vacuum
sealed, once opened their aroma dissapates to the air more rapidly at
room temperature. With condiments it's wise to replace lids tightly,
same as one should with booze and perfumes. I've seen where lazy
people even toss condiment lids into the trash, they do the same with
butter, it's left exposed at room temperature, it loses its aroma and
absorbs all sorts of hidious odors, may as well use cheapo margerine.

When I buy condiments in twin packs or large containers I use my
basement fridge for storing the extras, which reminds me I need to
refill my small soy sauce bottle from the quart size of Kikkoman in
the basement fridge... I keep the small bottle in the kitchen fridge,
their web site explains why it should be refrigerated. I know someone
is going to come along and ridicule my use of Kikkoman when there are
others but that's what works for me... I don't care for the lower salt
one either.
I also prefer Del Monte ketchup to Heinz but I'll buy whichever is on
sale... I use more ketchup in marinades than directly on food.

==

Until very recently I pickled onions myself! I can assure you, they were
never vacuum sealed,

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> I think it's funny how people boycott products and really don't have a
> clue as to why.

I don't boycott any food or stores. If they sell what I want, I don't
give a crap about their political views or even how they treat their
employees.

Super Walmart is scheduled to open 1.5 miles from me within a few
months. I'm looking forward to that. I might even check out the
grocery part and start buying some items from there.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38907451

>>>I do keep ketchup and mayo in the fridge but only because it is more
>>>convenient.
>>>
>>>(I don't buy Heinz ketchup anymore, only Frenchs since Heinz did the
>>>dirty on all those farmers suddenly moving their plant to Mexico,
>>>neither will I buy fresh tomatoes from Mexico, however I am not
>>>suggesting we build a wall lol )

>>Here's Trump's new Minister of Justice doing the Nazi salute.

>Nope, I just have certain principles and when I saw what Heinz did,
>leaving a whole valley of tomato farmers in the lurch, I decided not
>to buy Heinz ketchup anymore. As it was, French decided it had all
>the condiments for dogs and burgers so they might as well have ketchup
>too and they rode in on their horse and rescued the farmers.
>
>Although I am in NS and this happened in Ontario, my local supermarket
>carries French, very prominently displayed. Dave Smith can probably
>point you to an article, it all happened in his area.

I meant it literally, but I forgot to add the link. Trump's Minister
of Justice doing the nazi salute:
http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/as...-large-169.jpg

I bet he walked into the room with a little goose in his step.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 13:20:25 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> I think it's funny how people boycott products and really don't have a
>> clue as to why.

>I don't boycott any food or stores. If they sell what I want, I don't
>give a crap about their political views or even how they treat their
>employees.

You seem proud of it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 13:20:25 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
> >Sqwertz wrote:
> >>
> >> I think it's funny how people boycott products and really don't have a
> >> clue as to why.

> >I don't boycott any food or stores. If they sell what I want, I don't
> >give a crap about their political views or even how they treat their
> >employees.

> You seem proud of it.

Not proud or otherwise. I buy what I want and go for the best deal.
Nothing more than that. People with issues are odd to me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 16:49:53 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Brooklyn1" wrote in message
.. .

> [...]

>absorbs all sorts of hidious odors, may as well use cheapo margerine.
>
>When I buy condiments in twin packs or large containers I use my
>basement fridge for storing the extras, which reminds me I need to
>refill my small soy sauce bottle from the quart size of Kikkoman in
>the basement fridge... I keep the small bottle in the kitchen fridge,
>their web site explains why it should be refrigerated. I know someone
>is going to come along and ridicule my use of Kikkoman when there are
>others but that's what works for me... I don't care for the lower salt
>one either.
>I also prefer Del Monte ketchup to Heinz but I'll buy whichever is on
>sale... I use more ketchup in marinades than directly on food.
>
>==
>
>Until very recently I pickled onions myself! I can assure you, they were

That was your choice but those pickled cocktail onions bought at
market are packed in vacuum sealed jars. Perhaps you are pickling
full size onions for some other use, and why "Until very recently"?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 13:34:13 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:

>> >I don't boycott any food or stores. If they sell what I want, I don't
>> >give a crap about their political views or even how they treat their
>> >employees.

>> You seem proud of it.

>Not proud or otherwise. I buy what I want and go for the best deal.
>Nothing more than that. People with issues are odd to me.

If a company really misbehaves in a big way, I don't want their
products. I don't see that as 'issues', but as 'standards'. But at the
moment, all I avoid are anything with palm oil and places like KFC,
McDonald's etc.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-02-09 1:44 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 13:34:13 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
>> Bruce wrote:

>>> You seem proud of it.

>> Not proud or otherwise. I buy what I want and go for the best deal.
>> Nothing more than that. People with issues are odd to me.

> If a company really misbehaves in a big way, I don't want their
> products. I don't see that as 'issues', but as 'standards'. But at the
> moment, all I avoid are anything with palm oil and places like KFC,
> McDonald's etc.

I wouldn't say that I am boycotting Heinz ketchup or the company in
general. We had a town pretty well devastated by their decision to move
south, leaving a lot of people out of work and a lot of farmers without
a market. Then French's bought the plant and started making ketchup. I
bought it out of loyalty to the people who did something to tried to
help. I was impressed with the product. I don't use much ketchup so
neither company will be affected much either way, but AAMOF I picked up
a bottle of it today. There was en end bunker of it on special.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> But at the
> moment, all I avoid are anything with palm oil and places like KFC,
> McDonald's etc.

If either one of those places offer some good sale, I'll stop by
there tomorrow on the way home.

As I've said before, I so seldom eat at the various places, I really
don't worry about or care about what they use or whatever.
They are both great for the taste buds. That's all that matters.

Last time I bought KFC, was 2-3 years ago. Great coupons,
great deals and I loved the food. I'm hoping to see more
coupons. Without coupons, they seem very overpriced.

McD's I usually go maybe 4 times a year. Again, since it's so
infrequent, I don't ever worry about the ingredients. Again,
the taste buds tell me it's great. I trust my taste buds.

When I die, at least I will have enjoyed the journey.
I don't over-indulge in anything but I also don't deny myself
anything that sounds good. 7-11 nachos sound good to me now.
I might just have to walk up there and buy a batch.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 14:04:15 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> But at the
>> moment, all I avoid are anything with palm oil and places like KFC,
>> McDonald's etc.

>If either one of those places offer some good sale, I'll stop by
>there tomorrow on the way home.
>
>As I've said before, I so seldom eat at the various places, I really
>don't worry about or care about what they use or whatever.
>They are both great for the taste buds. That's all that matters.
>
>Last time I bought KFC, was 2-3 years ago. Great coupons,
>great deals and I loved the food. I'm hoping to see more
>coupons. Without coupons, they seem very overpriced.
>
>McD's I usually go maybe 4 times a year. Again, since it's so
>infrequent, I don't ever worry about the ingredients. Again,
>the taste buds tell me it's great. I trust my taste buds.
>
>When I die, at least I will have enjoyed the journey.
>I don't over-indulge in anything but I also don't deny myself
>anything that sounds good. 7-11 nachos sound good to me now.
>I might just have to walk up there and buy a batch.

I understand. You don't care about anything.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 14:04:15 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
> >Bruce wrote:
> >>
> >> But at the
> >> moment, all I avoid are anything with palm oil and places like KFC,
> >> McDonald's etc.

> >If either one of those places offer some good sale, I'll stop by
> >there tomorrow on the way home.
> >
> >As I've said before, I so seldom eat at the various places, I really
> >don't worry about or care about what they use or whatever.
> >They are both great for the taste buds. That's all that matters.
> >
> >Last time I bought KFC, was 2-3 years ago. Great coupons,
> >great deals and I loved the food. I'm hoping to see more
> >coupons. Without coupons, they seem very overpriced.
> >
> >McD's I usually go maybe 4 times a year. Again, since it's so
> >infrequent, I don't ever worry about the ingredients. Again,
> >the taste buds tell me it's great. I trust my taste buds.
> >
> >When I die, at least I will have enjoyed the journey.
> >I don't over-indulge in anything but I also don't deny myself
> >anything that sounds good. 7-11 nachos sound good to me now.
> >I might just have to walk up there and buy a batch.

> I understand. You don't care about anything.

I don't.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 brought this crap next:
> I don't use many condiments

Unless you count the bullshit you post as condiments, and then
you use *way* too many.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/9/2017 1:20 PM, Gary wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> I think it's funny how people boycott products and really don't have a
>> clue as to why.

> I don't boycott any food or stores. If they sell what I want, I don't
> give a crap about their political views or even how they treat their
> employees.
>
> Super Walmart is scheduled to open 1.5 miles from me within a few
> months. I'm looking forward to that. I might even check out the
> grocery part and start buying some items from there.

I buy what and where is best for me. WalMart is good for some things,
very good prices on many items. I don't buy their meats excepts for
packages stuff like bacon. Wrights bacon is a buck cheaper than the
other store farther away.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 16:23:05 -0400, wrote:

>On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 14:18:36 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
>>Bruce wrote:

>>> I understand. You don't care about anything.

>>I don't.

>Whereas when I die I will be happy knowing I have done what I felt was
>a good thing, rather than assisting a big company to plunder hard
>working farmers.

I think Gary would be able to relate more if you said you never hurt a
ferret in your life.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 15:14:50 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 13:34:13 -0500, Gary wrote:
>
>> Bruce wrote:

>>> You seem proud of it.

>> Not proud or otherwise. I buy what I want and go for the best deal.
>> Nothing more than that. People with issues are odd to me.

>Why do people they feel they need to justify themselves in the face of
>Bruce? Way too many gullible people here.

Justify? Gullible? What have you been smoking?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/as...-large-169.jpg

>> >I'd feel sorry for the goose!

>> Why do geese get such a bad rep anyway? They don't even have arms they
>> can raise.

>If they are all like the ones around here, they are aggressive, ill-tempered
>and are full of crap and drop it prolifically..

Ok, I'll stick with chickens.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Brooklyn1" wrote in message
.. .

> [...]

>refill my small soy sauce bottle from the quart size of Kikkoman in
>the basement fridge... I keep the small bottle in the kitchen fridge,
>their web site explains why it should be refrigerated. I know someone
>is going to come along and ridicule my use of Kikkoman when there are
>others but that's what works for me... I don't care for the lower salt
>one either.
>I also prefer Del Monte ketchup to Heinz but I'll buy whichever is on
>sale... I use more ketchup in marinades than directly on food.
>
>==
>
>Until very recently I pickled onions myself! I can assure you, they were
>never vacuum sealed,

That was your choice but those pickled cocktail onions bought at
market are packed in vacuum sealed jars. Perhaps you are pickling
full size onions for some other use, and why "Until very recently"?

================

Not huge onions at all. Something like these:

http://britishfood.about.com/od/reci...pickonions.htm

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-02-09 3:18 PM, wrote:

> Perhaps because they met with many others switching like me! My
> aggravation was mainly the treatment of the tomato farmers who had
> little to no warning.

Maybe the people who switched discovered that they like French's better.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/as...-large-169.jpg

>>>I'd feel sorry for the goose!

>>Why do geese get such a bad rep anyway? They don't even have arms they
>>can raise.

>Ever seen an enraged goose? There's a reason they are used as factory
>watch 'dogs' -

"watch geese" are well known to be ferocious. They are as noisy as
dogs, being pinched by their beak is no picnic and they will beat on
you with their wings. Plus they will work as a team to take out
intruders. Oh, and they are fast.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/as...-large-169.jpg

>>>I'd feel sorry for the goose!

>>Why do geese get such a bad rep anyway? They don't even have arms they
>>can raise.

>Ever seen an enraged goose? There's a reason they are used as factory
>watch 'dogs' -

I know, but I was referring to the goose steppers that Trump's
appointing at the moment.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

l not -l wrote:

> On 9-Feb-2017, Bruce > wrote:
> > I know, but I was referring to the goose steppers that Trump's
> > appointing at the moment.

> Pretty much the same as the bird. Aggressive, ill-tempered, full of crap
> that they indiscriminately fling about. ;-)

I'm really starting to suspect that we USAins elected a weirdo.
As of now, I predict he'll never win a re-election unless Hillary
tries to run on more time.

gasp! (and it hasn't even been one month yet.) oh man.........
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 14:14:16 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 16:23:05 -0400, wrote:
>> >Whereas when I die I will be happy knowing I have done what I felt was
>> >a good thing, rather than assisting a big company to plunder hard
>> >working farmers.

>> I think Gary would be able to relate more if you said you never hurt a
>> ferret in your life.

>Being kind to friendly ferrets are a guaranteed ticket into Heaven!
>That's just a fact of life. :-D

http://i59.tinypic.com/r2td1c.jpg

I've never seen a ferret in real life. Where does that leave me?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/as...-large-169.jpg

>> >Ever seen an enraged goose? There's a reason they are used as factory
>> >watch 'dogs' -

>> I know, but I was referring to the goose steppers that Trump's
>> appointing at the moment.

>Pretty much the same as the bird. Aggressive, ill-tempered, full of crap
>that they indiscriminately fling about. ;-)

Ok
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 14:14:16 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
> >Bruce wrote:

> >> I think Gary would be able to relate more if you said you never hurt a
> >> ferret in your life.

> >Being kind to friendly ferrets are a guaranteed ticket into Heaven!
> >That's just a fact of life. :-D

http://i59.tinypic.com/r2td1c.jpg

> I've never seen a ferret in real life. Where does that leave me?

Well, there's the movie "Sleepless in Seattle"
In your case - "Ferretless in Australia"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
>l not -l wrote:
>>Bruce wrote:
>> > I know, but I was referring to the goose steppers that Trump's
>> > appointing at the moment.

>> Pretty much the same as the bird. Aggressive, ill-tempered, full of crap
>> that they indiscriminately fling about. ;-)

>I'm really starting to suspect that we USAins elected a weirdo.
>As of now, I predict he'll never win a re-election unless Hillary
>tries to run one more time.
>
>gasp! (and it hasn't even been one month yet.) oh man.

I didn't see any of yoose anti-Trumpers toss your blue propeller
beanies into the ring... odds are pitifully few even voted, including
you.
The Official Dem Wuss Hat:
https://www.amazon.com/Jacobson-Hat-...opeller+beanie
On a windy day it goes Wuss, Wuss, Wuss, Wuss, Wuss. . . . LOL-LOL
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha . . . .

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 15:10:01 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:

>> >Being kind to friendly ferrets are a guaranteed ticket into Heaven!
>> >That's just a fact of life. :-D

http://i59.tinypic.com/r2td1c.jpg

>> I've never seen a ferret in real life. Where does that leave me?

>Well, there's the movie "Sleepless in Seattle"
>In your case - "Ferretless in Australia"

Maybe there's a marsupial pouch ferret here that I'm unaware of.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 9:20:18 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> l not -l wrote:
> >
> > On 9-Feb-2017, Bruce > wrote:
> > > I know, but I was referring to the goose steppers that Trump's
> > > appointing at the moment.

> > Pretty much the same as the bird. Aggressive, ill-tempered, full of crap
> > that they indiscriminately fling about. ;-)

> I'm really starting to suspect that we USAins elected a weirdo.
> As of now, I predict he'll never win a re-election unless Hillary
> tries to run on more time.
>
> gasp! (and it hasn't even been one month yet.) oh man.........

Welcome to the party pal. Sooner or later Trump will have learn to keep his big yap shut and let the people around him take control of the country. In order for him to be successful, he'll need to delegate the presidency to people that sorta knows about these things. That's what the smart CEO does and that's what the people who elected him desired. It could work.

Tic Tac Chill Julie Bove Diabetic 3 11-12-2009 10:50 PM
Chill then Fine, or Fine then Chill - All in a Corny? [email protected] Winemaking 5 12-05-2006 04:26 AM
Merlot chill no chill? DotCom Wine 5 25-07-2005 09:15 PM
Chill the Wine? Tank General Cooking 6 22-08-2004 02:50 PM
let's all chill out Momzilla Vegan 4 17-06-2004 08:13 PM