Momzilla

Default let's all chill out

Ever need lemon or lime juice for a recipe but you're out of fresh lemons or
limes?
When Lemons and Limes are on sale buy up a load and immediately juice them
all. Freeze the fresh juice in ice cube trays. Store the cubes in a
labeled container or freezer bag.

Made a full pot of coffee but didn't drink it all? Freeze the cooled coffee
in ice cube trays. Use the coffee cubes to make Frozen Lattes.

If you have a baby in the house. Freeze homemade baby food in ice cube
trays. An egg poaching pan is nifty for re-heating the baby food.

T5NF

Nancy wrote:

>Ever need lemon or lime juice for a recipe but you're out of fresh lemons or
>limes?
>When Lemons and Limes are on sale buy up a load and immediately juice them
>all. Freeze the fresh juice in ice cube trays. Store the cubes in a
>labeled container or freezer bag.

I have frozen whole lemons as well....that works too, but the cubes are nicer.

>Made a full pot of coffee but didn't drink it all? Freeze the cooled coffee
>in ice cube trays. Use the coffee cubes to make Frozen Lattes.
>
>If you have a baby in the house. Freeze homemade baby food in ice cube
>trays. An egg poaching pan is nifty for re-heating the baby food.

I'll add this to these great tips:

Ever have bananas that are a bit past ripe? Peel them (or do it once you take
them out of the freezer--a bit colder on the fingers though), break them into
chunks and freeze...whizz in the blender for the fastest, easiest ice cream
ever or add a bit of soy/rice/nut milk for a shake. Add other fruit like
frozen strawberries or blueberries for different flavours, but you'll need the
bananas for the creaminess they impart if you want to make the world's easiest
ice cream.
Momzilla

"T5NF" > wrote in message
> Nancy wrote:

snip

> I'll add this to these great tips:
>
> Ever have bananas that are a bit past ripe? Peel them (or do it once you

take
> them out of the freezer--a bit colder on the fingers though), break them

into
> chunks and freeze...whizz in the blender for the fastest, easiest ice

cream
> ever or add a bit of soy/rice/nut milk for a shake. Add other fruit like
> frozen strawberries or blueberries for different flavours, but you'll need

the
> bananas for the creaminess they impart if you want to make the world's

easiest
> ice cream.

I do this but I don't like bananas once they get a past yellow. I buy up a
bunch when they're on sale a freeze most of them immediately. I do the same
with strawberries. I make smoothies with just the fruits, I don't add soy
milk. I might start though.
I like banana, strawberry, kiwi fruit and lime smoothies.

I never would have thought of freezing a whole lemon. Be a bother waiting
for the lemon to thaw before you can juice it. I'll stick with my ice cube
try method.
-nancy-

T5NF

Nancy wrote:
<snip>
>I never would have thought of freezing a whole lemon. Be a bother waiting
>for the lemon to thaw before you can juice it. I'll stick with my ice cube
>try method.

Yeah, I like the ice cube tray method as well...I only toss them in whole when
I don't feel like zesting & squeezing....usually only if I have a cut on a
finger and don't want to be in pain from the juice hitting the sore spot. I
pop them into the fridge the evening before or onto the counter in the morning
on the day I want to use them...they don't take too long to thaw out.

cheers,

stacey
Momzilla

"T5NF" > wrote in message
> Nancy wrote:
> <snip>
> >I never would have thought of freezing a whole lemon. Be a bother

waiting
> >for the lemon to thaw before you can juice it. I'll stick with my ice

cube
> >try method.

> Yeah, I like the ice cube tray method as well...I only toss them in whole

when
> I don't feel like zesting & squeezing....usually only if I have a cut on a
> finger and don't want to be in pain from the juice hitting the sore spot.

> pop them into the fridge the evening before or onto the counter in the

morning
> on the day I want to use them...they don't take too long to thaw out.
>
> cheers,
>
> stacey

I inherited my Grandmother's citrus juicer. One of those things with the
levered cap that squeezes the fruit.
My daughter likes to make real lemonade. I couldn't do it with out the
juicer.
I never zest the lemons. My sister bakes more cookies than I do and when
ever she is here and I have lemons... she steals the zest. I think she
freezes the zest. I should start doing that. Waste not...
-nancy-

Ketchup debate: To chill or not to chill graham[_4_] General Cooking 79 11-02-2017 08:57 PM
Tic Tac Chill Julie Bove Diabetic 3 11-12-2009 09:50 PM
Chill then Fine, or Fine then Chill - All in a Corny? [email protected] Winemaking 5 12-05-2006 04:26 AM
Merlot chill no chill? DotCom Wine 5 25-07-2005 09:15 PM
Chill the Wine? Tank General Cooking 6 22-08-2004 02:50 PM