Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Costco finds

It's funny, the stuff you find at Costco. Some of it I wish
I'd never found.

Recently that means Triple Dipped Malted Milk balls. Ron knows
I'm a sucker for the Whoppers or the robin eggs Easter candy,
so he snagged me a sample. Damn those samples. I doubt they will
be a permanent product but I will be grabbing another bag or two
while they're around. Fie on you, Costco buyers!

I'm not what you'd call a fan of pancakes. I can take them or leave
them, mostly leave. Never mind buy a mix. But these Kodiak Cakes
grabbed my attention, whole wheat power cakes. That doesn't sound
at all appealing as I type this. But DAYum are they good. I mean,
don't run out and get a box on my say so, but they have such a nice
flavor and texture, also they call them flapjacks, I love having
those once in a while.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-02-28, Nancy Young > wrote:

> I'm not what you'd call a fan of pancakes. I can take them or leave
> them, mostly leave. Never mind buy a mix. But these Kodiak Cakes
> grabbed my attention, whole wheat power cakes.

I don't eat pancakes often, but I do enjoy a good buttermilk pancake
made with Southern flour (Martha White, White Lily). I jes recently
noticed our local sprmkt now carries White Lily flour (w00t!). I hope to
compare White Lily to the organic pastry flour I get from my health
food store. Gotta buy some real maple surple, first.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> On 2016-02-28, Nancy Young > wrote:
>
> > I'm not what you'd call a fan of pancakes. I can take them or leave
> > them, mostly leave. Never mind buy a mix. But these Kodiak Cakes
> > grabbed my attention, whole wheat power cakes.

> I don't eat pancakes often, but I do enjoy a good buttermilk pancake
> made with Southern flour (Martha White, White Lily). I jes recently
> noticed our local sprmkt now carries White Lily flour (w00t!). I hope to
> compare White Lily to the organic pastry flour I get from my health
> food store. Gotta buy some real maple surple, first.

I love pancakes but rarely make them. why?
Anyway, just use plain all-purpose flour and either
real maple syrup or even Log Cabin. I have both and I like both.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/28/2016 9:40 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2016-02-28, Nancy Young > wrote:
>
>> I'm not what you'd call a fan of pancakes. I can take them or leave
>> them, mostly leave. Never mind buy a mix. But these Kodiak Cakes
>> grabbed my attention, whole wheat power cakes.

> I don't eat pancakes often, but I do enjoy a good buttermilk pancake
> made with Southern flour (Martha White, White Lily). I jes recently
> noticed our local sprmkt now carries White Lily flour (w00t!). I hope to
> compare White Lily to the organic pastry flour I get from my health
> food store.

White Lily seems like the go to brand that people swear by.

> Gotta buy some real maple surple, first.

What, no Log Cabin??

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-02-28, Nancy Young > wrote:

> White Lily seems like the go to brand that people swear by.

I usta buy Martha White, as I though both brands were made with soft
winter wheat. I'm now having problems finding which flour Martha
White uses, despite Smuckers owning both brands. White Lily seems to
have taken the "organic" route. It advertises "non-GMO" AND soft red
winter wheat, so lucky me!

> What, no Log Cabin??

Log Cabin hasn't sold a real maple syrup in yrs, if ever. Their
"Natural" maple syrup is bogus. OTOH, they are one of the few brands
that you can buy which labels their product as HFCS-free, allegedly a
first fer USA made foods. I have an unopened bottle (non-HFCS) of Log
Cabin Syrup left over from when I usta fix Mom's breaky. It'll do
until I find some real maple syrup.

BTW, products that are labeled as "natural" are basically trying to
rip you off. It's the latest buzz word on grocer's shelves, matched
only by the currently ubiquitous, "gluten-free" nonsense. If
something is labeled as "natural", it is probably not even remotely
organic. In fact, the FDA doesn't even have an official definition
for the word, "natural", but you now see it offered by everyone.

Jes an FYI ....poison hemlock and asbestos are fully 100% natural.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/28/2016 3:13 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 09:02:27 -0500, Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> Recently that means Triple Dipped Malted Milk balls. Ron knows
>> I'm a sucker for the Whoppers or the robin eggs Easter candy,
>> so he snagged me a sample. Damn those samples. I doubt they will
>> be a permanent product but I will be grabbing another bag or two
>> while they're around. Fie on you, Costco buyers!

> These have been around for decades. You can find them in the bulk
> sections at many stores. I bought 5 last week :-) No need for a
> Costco sized bag.

I never would have found those, I never look there. I still
probably wouldn't have it is wasn't for those samples. Funny
thing is, I never stop for the samples, either.

> But right now I have a craving for one of those 6-pound bags of
> meatballs...

I guess they're good? Meatballs are a make yourself product here.
All part of the sauce making process.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> It's funny, the stuff you find at Costco. Some of it I wish
> I'd never found.
>
> Recently that means Triple Dipped Malted Milk balls. Ron knows
> I'm a sucker for the Whoppers or the robin eggs Easter candy,
> so he snagged me a sample. Damn those samples. I doubt they will
> be a permanent product but I will be grabbing another bag or two
> while they're around. Fie on you, Costco buyers!
>
> I'm not what you'd call a fan of pancakes. I can take them or leave
> them, mostly leave. Never mind buy a mix. But these Kodiak Cakes
> grabbed my attention, whole wheat power cakes. That doesn't sound
> at all appealing as I type this. But DAYum are they good. I mean,
> don't run out and get a box on my say so, but they have such a nice
> flavor and texture, also they call them flapjacks, I love having
> those once in a while.

I'm a fan of the 5000 count Bumble Bee Omega 3 capsules and the 35 gallon
jugs of shampoo in twin packs.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/28/2016 7:16 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> I'm not what you'd call a fan of pancakes. I can take them or leave
>> them, mostly leave. Never mind buy a mix. But these Kodiak Cakes
>> grabbed my attention, whole wheat power cakes. That doesn't sound
>> at all appealing as I type this. But DAYum are they good. I mean,
>> don't run out and get a box on my say so, but they have such a nice
>> flavor and texture, also they call them flapjacks, I love having
>> those once in a while.
>>

> I'm a fan of the 5000 count Bumble Bee Omega 3 capsules and the 35 gallon
> jugs of shampoo in twin packs.

I am a terrible shopper, I missed that whole aisle, dang.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
news
> On 2/28/2016 7:16 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> I'm not what you'd call a fan of pancakes. I can take them or leave
>>> them, mostly leave. Never mind buy a mix. But these Kodiak Cakes
>>> grabbed my attention, whole wheat power cakes. That doesn't sound
>>> at all appealing as I type this. But DAYum are they good. I mean,
>>> don't run out and get a box on my say so, but they have such a nice
>>> flavor and texture, also they call them flapjacks, I love having
>>> those once in a while.
>>>

>> I'm a fan of the 5000 count Bumble Bee Omega 3 capsules and the 35 gallon
>> jugs of shampoo in twin packs.

> I am a terrible shopper, I missed that whole aisle, dang.

By the pharmacy between the condoms and the multivitamins.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/28/2016 1:13 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> I have a craving for one of those 6-pound bags of
> meatballs...
>
> -sw

As a PROUD and un-indicted (so far) woman-stalker, I know!!!!

I haven't gotten anyone to snipe me yet, so my life is incomplete, sort
of...

Will one of you please do me?

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/28/2016 9:31 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> I want to use and the meatballs would be the perfect
> vehicle for those.
>
> -sw

As a PROUD and un-indicted (so far) woman-stalker, I know!!!!

I haven't gotten anyone to snipe me yet, so my life is incomplete, sort
of...

Will one of you please do me?

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/28/2016 9:36 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> And think how much money you'll save on booze and wine.
>
> -sw

9999999999999999999

As a PROUD and un-indicted (so far) woman-stalker, I know!!!!

I haven't gotten anyone to snipe me yet, so my life is incomplete, sort
of...

Will one of you please do me?

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cirrhosis Man" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 16:16:03 -0800, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>
>> I'm a fan of the 5000 count Bumble Bee Omega 3 capsules and the 35 gallon
>> jugs of shampoo in twin packs.

> Kirkland Fish oil tablets come in 1000mg x 400 count jars (less than
> $.03/each). Pantene and Head & Shoulders come in 40oz single bottles.
>
> And think how much money you'll save on booze and wine.

We all know how much time you sopend in that aisle.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> It's funny, the stuff you find at Costco. Some of it I wish
> I'd never found.

Costco on Maui has boxed, frozen whole sucking pig. About 25 pounds, more
or less. $2.99/pound.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 4:07:48 PM UTC-5, notbob wrote:

> Jes an FYI ....poison hemlock and asbestos are fully 100% natural.

Poison hemlock can be organically grown. Organic is no
guarantee of safety, either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 21:42:15 -0800, Paul M. Cook wrote:

>>> Kirkland Fish oil tablets come in 1000mg x 400 count jars (less than
>>> $.03/each). Pantene and Head & Shoulders come in 40oz single bottles.
>>>
>>> And think how much money you'll save on booze and wine.

>> We all know how much time you sopend in that aisle.

> My Costco doesn't sell booze and I sure as hell don't shop wine.
>
> Got any more witty (to you) comebacks?

Shove it up your useless, stalker ass you god damn piece of shit
mother****er. And the freaks that brought you into the world.

How's that?

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/28/2016 11:22 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> And a 25-30 day old pig doesn't have
> nearly the feed investment that a full grown swine has.
>
> -sw

As a PROUD and un-indicted (so far) woman-stalker, I know!!!!

I haven't gotten anyone to snipe me yet, so my life is incomplete, sort
of...

Will one of you please do me?

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/28/2016 11:16 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Got any more witty (to you) comebacks?
>
> -sw

As a PROUD and un-indicted (so far) woman-stalker, I know!!!!

I haven't gotten anyone to snipe me yet, so my life is incomplete, sort
of...

Will one of you please do me?

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" wrote:

> Shove it up your useless, stalker ass you god damn piece of shit
> mother****er. And the freaks that brought you into the world.
>
> How's that?

A bit much, imo.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
>"Paul M. Cook" wrote:
>>
>> Shove it up your useless, stalker ass you god damn piece of shit
>> mother****er. And the freaks that brought you into the world.
>>
>> How's that?

>A bit much, imo.

Especially since he's telling his mommy what she can do with dinner.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> "Paul M. Cook" wrote:
>>
>> Shove it up your useless, stalker ass you god damn piece of shit
>> mother****er. And the freaks that brought you into the world.
>>
>> How's that?

> A bit much, imo.

Actually my first draft covered more territory.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/29/2016 12:49 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "Gary" > wrote in message ...
>> "Paul M. Cook" wrote:
>>>
>>> Shove it up your useless, stalker ass you god damn piece of shit
>>> mother****er. And the freaks that brought you into the world.
>>>
>>> How's that?

>> A bit much, imo.

> Actually my first draft covered more territory.

Thanks for that - restraint is always the best policy.