Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Stinky fridge syndrome...

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 17:28:40 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> > wrote:
>
>>I have observed that she does not show a proper appreciation for toast

> Oh no. She's not one of those people who doesn't butter toast right to
> the edges?!?

lol

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" wrote in message ...

On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 17:43:22 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Jeßus" wrote in message ...
>For once I agree with Cheri. No point trying to get along with him, as
>soon as he gets bored or has a bad day, he turns on you. He's so like
>sf and Sqwertz... those three are so alike, it's uncanny.
>
>==========
>See, strange things do happen occasionally, and I agree with your post too.

Anything is possible it seems
=======

Truly!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Je?us wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 17:28:40 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:
>
>>I have observed that she does not show a proper appreciation for toast

> Oh no. She's not one of those people who doesn't butter toast right to
> the edges?!?

I don't know about that

but I have a hard time when people take toast for granted

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

What the hell? I miss the old, nice Ophy! This new mean woman is just
wrong.
==========

Mean woman is in your mind, not in reality. There is nothing mean about her
posts responding in kind to others.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

That's exactly it. I reacted to a rude post by sqwertz. Why am I
suddenly arguing with Marty? Because "he thrives on any disharmony".

--
Bruce

===========

Bingo!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Xeno wrote:

> The thing is, when I first started posting here about 2 years back, RFC
> seemed quite friendly. It sure has changed now though. :-(

You must have been drinking heavily back then.

===========

LOL, yes, I have been here for a few years now and it's always been the same.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 18:34:27 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

>Je?us wrote:
>> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 17:28:40 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:
>>
>>>I have observed that she does not show a proper appreciation for toast

>> Oh no. She's not one of those people who doesn't butter toast right to
>> the edges?!?

>I don't know about that
>
>but I have a hard time when people take toast for granted

In that case, I'll be sure to afford toast the utmost respect.

Actually, toast sounds like a good plan for breakfast.
I'm thinking a thick slab of toast with butter, smoked ham, aioli and
a poached egg on top.

I made an experimental loaf with white and wholemeal flour mixes
yesterday, I liked the result. Better than either wholemeal or white
on their own.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On 1/2/2016 15:08 Cheryl wrote:

> On 1/31/2016 3:11 PM, Bruce wrote:
>
>> I've been thinking that all along. Put someone nasty with a big mouth in
>> a group, and you'll get people who'll suck up to them out of a sick
>> mix of fear and admiration. Interesting processes to observe though

> Who in their right mind would be afraid of someone on the Internet?
> What a silly statement. LOL

Really? It happens all the time.

--
Bruce
===========

LOL, to me nothing is funnier than the "meet and beat" threats in newsgroups. If
someone is actually afraid of that, well.....

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Xeno" wrote in message ...

On 2/02/2016 9:02 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On 2/2/2016 20:55 Ophelia wrote:

>>> Very crazy, but also interesting

>> True but sometimes boring. It is good when recipes are discussed!

> Do you know this website?
> http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/

Known about it for quite some time but there has been a raft of new
characters added since then. I feel there still needs to be a few more.
Not all bases are covered.

--

Xeno
========

For sure.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>

> What the hell? I miss the old, nice Ophy! This new mean woman is just
> wrong.
> ==========
>
> Mean woman is in your mind, not in reality. There is nothing mean about
> her posts responding in kind to others.

AT LAST someone is being fair!! I am fed up of being vilified for simply
defending myself. There are some Damned Hypocrites here too. I can
remember some of them giving Julie grief for hours and hours non stop, when
she wasn't even posting. Some people need to take a good look at
themselves.

Thanks, Cheri.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 18:34:27 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> > wrote:
>
>>Je?us wrote:

>>> Oh no. She's not one of those people who doesn't butter toast right to
>>> the edges?!?

>>I don't know about that
>>
>>but I have a hard time when people take toast for granted

> In that case, I'll be sure to afford toast the utmost respect.
>
> Actually, toast sounds like a good plan for breakfast.
> I'm thinking a thick slab of toast with butter, smoked ham, aioli and
> a poached egg on top.
>
> I made an experimental loaf with white and wholemeal flour mixes
> yesterday, I liked the result. Better than either wholemeal or white
> on their own.

I am hooked on porridge with brown sugar! Cindy is to blame!!!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 19:00:21 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
>news
>> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 18:34:27 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
>> > wrote:

>>>I don't know about that
>>>
>>>but I have a hard time when people take toast for granted

>> In that case, I'll be sure to afford toast the utmost respect.
>>
>> Actually, toast sounds like a good plan for breakfast.
>> I'm thinking a thick slab of toast with butter, smoked ham, aioli and
>> a poached egg on top.
>>
>> I made an experimental loaf with white and wholemeal flour mixes
>> yesterday, I liked the result. Better than either wholemeal or white
>> on their own.

>I am hooked on porridge with brown sugar! Cindy is to blame!!!

That sounds good to me, I love porridge and I should make it more
often than I do. I like to add a dab of butter in the middle and a
pinch of salt... porridge always needs a pinch of salt added IMO.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 19:00:21 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
>>news
>>> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 18:34:27 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle

>>> In that case, I'll be sure to afford toast the utmost respect.
>>>
>>> Actually, toast sounds like a good plan for breakfast.
>>> I'm thinking a thick slab of toast with butter, smoked ham, aioli and
>>> a poached egg on top.
>>>
>>> I made an experimental loaf with white and wholemeal flour mixes
>>> yesterday, I liked the result. Better than either wholemeal or white
>>> on their own.

>>I am hooked on porridge with brown sugar! Cindy is to blame!!!

> That sounds good to me, I love porridge and I should make it more
> often than I do. I like to add a dab of butter in the middle and a
> pinch of salt... porridge always needs a pinch of salt added IMO.

She did say she used butter too, but I am trying to keep the calories down

I am sure she will tell you herself.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/2/2016 23:41 Xeno wrote:

> On 2/02/2016 8:42 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> You're not allowed to go AWOL. Consider yourself reprimanded and don't
>>> do it again.

>> I won't do it again.

> Promise?
>
>> We were in Ipswich, where they have heat waves and bad aircos
>>

> Ipswich? Yeah, I could believe that. It's far enough inland. Was up at
> Pacific Pines on the Gold Coast a few weeks back and it was inland just
> far enough to really humid and uncomfortable. You really need the sea
> breeze up there to make things livable.

Yes, it was 40 C or predicted to become that when we left. And my car
has no airco

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/2/2016 23:43 Xeno wrote:

> On 2/02/2016 8:43 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I'm not sure what you did to cause this. I missed bits because we
>>> weren't home for a day.

>> Does there need to be a reason?
>>

> The thing is, when I first started posting here about 2 years back, RFC
> seemed quite friendly. It sure has changed now though. :-(

It's a few people feeding off each other. They'll calm down again
and go back to bitching about Julie. Not saying that's a big
improvement.

--
Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/2/2016 00:18 Xeno wrote:

> On 2/02/2016 9:02 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> True but sometimes boring. It is good when recipes are discussed!

>> Do you know this website?
>> http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/
>>

> Known about it for quite some time but there has been a raft of new
> characters added since then. I feel there still needs to be a few more.
> Not all bases are covered.

No, I guess there are always more variations

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 2:06:56 PM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 19:00:21 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> >news
> >> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 18:34:27 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle

> >> In that case, I'll be sure to afford toast the utmost respect.
> >>
> >> Actually, toast sounds like a good plan for breakfast.
> >> I'm thinking a thick slab of toast with butter, smoked ham, aioli and
> >> a poached egg on top.
> >>
> >> I made an experimental loaf with white and wholemeal flour mixes
> >> yesterday, I liked the result. Better than either wholemeal or white
> >> on their own.

> >I am hooked on porridge with brown sugar! Cindy is to blame!!!

> That sounds good to me, I love porridge and I should make it more
> often than I do. I like to add a dab of butter in the middle and a
> pinch of salt... porridge always needs a pinch of salt added IMO.

I add the salt before cooking.

Mind you, I'm one of those Philistines who makes quick oatmeal
in the microwave.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> Yep! You might note that someone is complaining I am not the 'same nice
> Ophy'.

Gee whiz, I wonder who that might be? Afraid to name names?

> There is a good reason for that as you can see. Do I like it? No!
> I hate it, but I will not be kicked around without kicking back!

You don't like it and you hate it then don't do it.

Good old Ophy has evidently joined the mean crowd. Welcome but don't
complain when people are picking on you more now, like you've
discussed with Bruce. You want to play that game, you're dealing with
experts that will chop you down to Scottish mulch in no time.

I'll write you off then and concentrate on the nicer people here. I
won't be mean to you, I'll just try to ignore you. Sad to see you go
though.

Kind of looks like Janet UK was right all along. wth?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Yep! You might note that someone is complaining I am not the 'same nice
>> Ophy'.

> Gee whiz, I wonder who that might be? Afraid to name names?
>

>> There is a good reason for that as you can see. Do I like it? No!
>> I hate it, but I will not be kicked around without kicking back!

> You don't like it and you hate it then don't do it.
>
> Good old Ophy has evidently joined the mean crowd. Welcome but don't
> complain when people are picking on you more now, like you've
> discussed with Bruce. You want to play that game, you're dealing with
> experts that will chop you down to Scottish mulch in no time.
>
> I'll write you off then and concentrate on the nicer people here. I
> won't be mean to you, I'll just try to ignore you. Sad to see you go
> though.
>
> Kind of looks like Janet UK was right all along. wth?

Obviously!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/2/2016 05:49 Cheri wrote:

> On 1/2/2016 15:08 Cheryl wrote:
>
>> On 1/31/2016 3:11 PM, Bruce wrote:
>>
>>> I've been thinking that all along. Put someone nasty with a big mouth in
>>> a group, and you'll get people who'll suck up to them out of a sick
>>> mix of fear and admiration. Interesting processes to observe though

>> Who in their right mind would be afraid of someone on the Internet?
>> What a silly statement. LOL

> Really? It happens all the time.

===========

LOL, to me nothing is funnier than the "meet and beat" threats in newsgroups. If
someone is actually afraid of that, well.....

Cheri

Yes, that's nonsense, but I constantly see people sucking up to loud
mouths and bullies. I think that's motivated by fear.

--
Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 19:52:56 -0000 (UTC), Bruce >
wrote:

>Yes, it was 40 C or predicted to become that when we left. And my car
>has no airco

Typical Ipswich/Brisbane weather for this time of year. I was so glad
to move from Brisbane when I did.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 19:55:58 -0000 (UTC), Bruce >
wrote:

>On 2/2/2016 23:43 Xeno wrote:
>> The thing is, when I first started posting here about 2 years back,

2 years back under his *current* nym, he means.

> RFC
>> seemed quite friendly. It sure has changed now though. :-(

>It's a few people feeding off each other. They'll calm down again
>and go back to bitching about Julie. Not saying that's a big
>improvement.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On 3/2/2016 05:49 Cheri wrote:

>>> Who in their right mind would be afraid of someone on the Internet?
>>> What a silly statement. LOL

>> Really? It happens all the time.
>>

> ===========
>
> LOL, to me nothing is funnier than the "meet and beat" threats in
> newsgroups. If
> someone is actually afraid of that, well.....
>
> Cheri
>
> Yes, that's nonsense, but I constantly see people sucking up to loud
> mouths and bullies. I think that's motivated by fear.

Yes, fear that they might be bullied instead. There is a lot of that around
here. I've had plenty and the nastiness can be unpleasant, in fact I have
had quite a lot here ... ))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/2/2016 07:10 Je�us wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 19:52:56 -0000 (UTC), Bruce >
> wrote:
>
>>Yes, it was 40 C or predicted to become that when we left. And my car
>>has no airco

> Typical Ipswich/Brisbane weather for this time of year. I was so glad
> to move from Brisbane when I did.

I'd hate Brisbane traffic every day. They lose so much time in those
traffic jams. In the country side, three cars is a traffic jam.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/2/2016 07:01 Gary wrote:

> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Yep! You might note that someone is complaining I am not the 'same nice
>> Ophy'.

> Gee whiz, I wonder who that might be? Afraid to name names?
>

>> There is a good reason for that as you can see. Do I like it? No!
>> I hate it, but I will not be kicked around without kicking back!

(...)

> Kind of looks like Janet UK was right all along. wth?

Ok, you're on some bad drugs.

--
Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 12:00:36 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 2:06:56 PM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:
>> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 19:00:21 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>

>> >"Jeßus" > wrote in message
>> >news >> >> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 18:34:27 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle

>> >I am hooked on porridge with brown sugar! Cindy is to blame!!!

>> That sounds good to me, I love porridge and I should make it more
>> often than I do. I like to add a dab of butter in the middle and a
>> pinch of salt... porridge always needs a pinch of salt added IMO.

>I add the salt before cooking.
>
>Mind you, I'm one of those Philistines who makes quick oatmeal
>in the microwave.

Heathen I make mine from plain old rolled oats. I like to presoak
the rolled oats the night before (if I remember to, that is). It's
been ages since I had porridge, that sounds like a good plan for
tomorrow's breakfast.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 19:42:38 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 19:00:21 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
>>>news >>>> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 18:34:27 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle

>>>I am hooked on porridge with brown sugar! Cindy is to blame!!!

>> That sounds good to me, I love porridge and I should make it more
>> often than I do. I like to add a dab of butter in the middle and a
>> pinch of salt... porridge always needs a pinch of salt added IMO.

>She did say she used butter too, but I am trying to keep the calories down

Fair enough, I don't worry about calories from fats. I used to care
about calories from carbs though, back when I was less physically
active. Sounds like a good time for cauliflower for you (thinking of
the soup thread here)?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On 3/2/2016 07:01 Gary wrote:
>
>> Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> Yep! You might note that someone is complaining I am not the 'same nice
>>> Ophy'.

>> Gee whiz, I wonder who that might be? Afraid to name names?
>>

>>> There is a good reason for that as you can see. Do I like it? No!
>>> I hate it, but I will not be kicked around without kicking back!

> (...)
>
>> Kind of looks like Janet UK was right all along. wth?

> Ok, you're on some bad drugs.

I don't give a damn any more. He is welcome to her I am done.

This has been quite an instructive few days

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 19:42:38 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> That sounds good to me, I love porridge and I should make it more
>>> often than I do. I like to add a dab of butter in the middle and a
>>> pinch of salt... porridge always needs a pinch of salt added IMO.

>>She did say she used butter too, but I am trying to keep the calories
>>down

> Fair enough, I don't worry about calories from fats. I used to care
> about calories from carbs though, back when I was less physically
> active. Sounds like a good time for cauliflower for you (thinking of
> the soup thread here)?

I have a special occasion coming up I am working on atm It won't last for
very long, I love my butter)

I am afraid I am right off cauliflower at the moment. Not sure why but I
just don't fancy it at all!!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 20:20:14 -0000 (UTC), Bruce >
wrote:

>On 3/2/2016 07:10 Je�us wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 19:52:56 -0000 (UTC), Bruce >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Yes, it was 40 C or predicted to become that when we left. And my car
>>>has no airco

>> Typical Ipswich/Brisbane weather for this time of year. I was so glad
>> to move from Brisbane when I did.

>I'd hate Brisbane traffic every day. They lose so much time in those
>traffic jams.

I moved to Brissie back in 2000 after gaining my I.T qualifications.
I did make good money there, but I never did take to Brisbane itself.
Didn't like the summer weather, the place itself (boring), or the
people very much, to be honest. I was glad to move on after two years
there.

>In the country side, three cars is a traffic jam.

I don't think I've ever seen three cars on the same road around here

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/2/2016 07:44 Jeßus wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 20:20:14 -0000 (UTC), Bruce >
> wrote:
>
>>On 3/2/2016 07:10 Je�us wrote:

>>> Typical Ipswich/Brisbane weather for this time of year. I was so glad
>>> to move from Brisbane when I did.

>>I'd hate Brisbane traffic every day. They lose so much time in those
>>traffic jams.

> I moved to Brissie back in 2000 after gaining my I.T qualifications.
> I did make good money there, but I never did take to Brisbane itself.
> Didn't like the summer weather, the place itself (boring), or the
> people very much, to be honest. I was glad to move on after two years
> there.

I can handle the heat, but they were having a heat wave up to
yesterday and it was a bit extreme. I don't know the city very well.
I've only spent a couple of days in total there.

>>In the country side, three cars is a traffic jam.

> I don't think I've ever seen three cars on the same road around here

That's it

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 20:37:19 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 19:42:38 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>>"Jeßus" > wrote in message

>>>She did say she used butter too, but I am trying to keep the calories
>>>down

>> Fair enough, I don't worry about calories from fats. I used to care
>> about calories from carbs though, back when I was less physically
>> active. Sounds like a good time for cauliflower for you (thinking of
>> the soup thread here)?

>I have a special occasion coming up I am working on atm It won't last for
>very long, I love my butter)

I couldn't imagine life without butter!

>I am afraid I am right off cauliflower at the moment. Not sure why but I
>just don't fancy it at all!!

Oh well, that does happen occasionally.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 21:07:26 -0000 (UTC), Bruce >
wrote:

>On 3/2/2016 07:44 Jeßus wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 20:20:14 -0000 (UTC), Bruce >
>> wrote:

>>>I'd hate Brisbane traffic every day. They lose so much time in those
>>>traffic jams.

>> I moved to Brissie back in 2000 after gaining my I.T qualifications.
>> I did make good money there, but I never did take to Brisbane itself.
>> Didn't like the summer weather, the place itself (boring), or the
>> people very much, to be honest. I was glad to move on after two years
>> there.

>I can handle the heat, but they were having a heat wave up to
>yesterday and it was a bit extreme.

I used to love the heat when I was younger, but once in my thirties I
progressively moved further and further south from Darwin until I
ended up here. Now, I don't much like it over 20°C - seriously.
I'm obviously well acclimatised to this place now.

There is also a massive difference between dry heat and humid heat...
dry heat I can tolerate much more.

>I don't know the city very well.
>I've only spent a couple of days in total there.

Just wasn't my cup of tea, I'm afraid. Plenty of other people love the
place.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 20:37:19 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
. ..
> [...]
m...

>>> Fair enough, I don't worry about calories from fats. I used to care
>>> about calories from carbs though, back when I was less physically
>>> active. Sounds like a good time for cauliflower for you (thinking of
>>> the soup thread here)?

>>I have a special occasion coming up I am working on atm It won't last
>>for
>>very long, I love my butter)

> I couldn't imagine life without butter!

Oh, it won't be for long)

>>I am afraid I am right off cauliflower at the moment. Not sure why but I
>>just don't fancy it at all!!

> Oh well, that does happen occasionally.

Ahh not just me then For some reason it seems to have a very strong
flavour and scent which I have gone off ... so to speak

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 21:33:54 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 20:37:19 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
>>>I am afraid I am right off cauliflower at the moment. Not sure why but I
>>>just don't fancy it at all!!

>> Oh well, that does happen occasionally.

>Ahh not just me then

By that I meant any particular food item, not necessarily just
cauliflower. Only recently I came out of a phase where I didn't feel
like bacon very much, so much so I gave a lot of what I had in the
fridge to the dog. Now I'm back to normal again, bacon-wise at least

>For some reason it seems to have a very strong
>flavour and scent which I have gone off ... so to speak

I think I know what you mean there, not that it has ever bothered me
though. You might have the same issue with broccoli and cabbage then?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/2/2016 08:22 Jeßus wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 21:07:26 -0000 (UTC), Bruce >
> wrote:
>
>>On 3/2/2016 07:44 Jeßus wrote:

>>> I moved to Brissie back in 2000 after gaining my I.T qualifications.
>>> I did make good money there, but I never did take to Brisbane itself.
>>> Didn't like the summer weather, the place itself (boring), or the
>>> people very much, to be honest. I was glad to move on after two years
>>> there.

>>I can handle the heat, but they were having a heat wave up to
>>yesterday and it was a bit extreme.

> I used to love the heat when I was younger, but once in my thirties I
> progressively moved further and further south from Darwin until I
> ended up here. Now, I don't much like it over 20°C - seriously.
> I'm obviously well acclimatised to this place now.

Yes, you do get used to the climate. In Tasmania, I used to think
that 20 was moderately warm. Now I find it chilly if it's only 20 when
I get up.

> There is also a massive difference between dry heat and humid heat...
> dry heat I can tolerate much more.

Yes.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 21:33:54 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
. ..
> [...]
m...

>>> Oh well, that does happen occasionally.

>>Ahh not just me then

> By that I meant any particular food item, not necessarily just
> cauliflower. Only recently I came out of a phase where I didn't feel
> like bacon very much, so much so I gave a lot of what I had in the
> fridge to the dog. Now I'm back to normal again, bacon-wise at least
>
>>For some reason it seems to have a very strong
>>flavour and scent which I have gone off ... so to speak

> I think I know what you mean there, not that it has ever bothered me
> though. You might have the same issue with broccoli and cabbage then?

Oddly enough, no! Hmm I shall be inspecting my broccoli and cabbage more
closely now ... ;-)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 02 Feb 2016 08:53:42 -0400, wrote:

>On Mon, 01 Feb 2016 22:21:07 -0700, Janet B >
>wrote:

snip

>Did you have a nice dinner last night ?

Excellent! I was spoiled for choice. We went to Chandlers.
https://www.chandlersboise.com/dining/our-menus/
menu:
http://www.chandlersboise.com/menus/...inner_Menu.pdf
I had the Bouillabaisse and my husband had the Cowboy Cut Steak. He
doesn't care for rare steak so this steak was perfect for him. My
bouillabaisse was everything I could have hoped for. The ambiance was
perfect, the service great. Very enjoyable.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/2/2016 1:49 PM, Je�us wrote:

> I made an experimental loaf with white and wholemeal flour mixes
> yesterday, I liked the result. Better than either wholemeal or white
> on their own.

My 'everyday' loaf is 40% wholemeal and 60% white.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 20:07:54 -0000 (UTC), Bruce >
wrote:

>On 3/2/2016 05:49 Cheri wrote:

>>> Who in their right mind would be afraid of someone on the Internet?
>>> What a silly statement. LOL

>> Really? It happens all the time.
>>

>===========
>
>LOL, to me nothing is funnier than the "meet and beat" threats in newsgroups. If
>someone is actually afraid of that, well.....
>
>Cheri

Maybe not always funny. Back about 1988 I used to post quite
innocently with my real name and real e-addy. Next thing was a
stalker, the emails were horrible. I was living alone in a large
house, isolated, on the coast. It did scare me.

Some of the others on the group managed to track him down and find out
who he was, I was reassured he didn't have a vehicle and couldn't
drive but also later on I gathered he had a visit to put him off
Just the same it was a very nasty feeling.

I changed ISP and changed name to LB and never altered back.

So you never know until it happens.