Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Stinky fridge syndrome...

As per subject heading, I have a mild but persistent smell in my
fridge, as though something in there is bad - only problem is, there
isn't anything in there like that.

A few days ago I removed everything and thoroughly cleaned the fridge,
then checked (and cleaned) every item before returning them to the
fridge. I never did find the cause, although I did suspect an egg
carton that has been reused many times (that never went back into the
fridge). I also checked the eggs for any bad ones. Nope.

Yesterday I tried an onion halved, then some vanilla extract.
To no avail...

The fridge is in good condition and about 5 y/o now. Always been kept
clean. There are one or two vents inside the fridge I haven't
investigated as yet... but will after posting this.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the smell?
No, I'm not buying a new fridge, so let's not go there
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 3:25:20 PM UTC-8, Jeßus wrote:
> As per subject heading, I have a mild but persistent smell in my
> fridge, as though something in there is bad - only problem is, there
> isn't anything in there like that.
>
> A few days ago I removed everything and thoroughly cleaned the fridge,
> then checked (and cleaned) every item before returning them to the
> fridge. I never did find the cause, although I did suspect an egg
> carton that has been reused many times (that never went back into the
> fridge). I also checked the eggs for any bad ones. Nope.
>
> Yesterday I tried an onion halved, then some vanilla extract.
> To no avail...
>
> The fridge is in good condition and about 5 y/o now. Always been kept
> clean. There are one or two vents inside the fridge I haven't
> investigated as yet... but will after posting this.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the smell?
> No, I'm not buying a new fridge, so let's not go there

what about your freezer? Did you check that?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 10:24:55 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:

>As per subject heading, I have a mild but persistent smell in my
>fridge, as though something in there is bad - only problem is, there
>isn't anything in there like that.
>
>A few days ago I removed everything and thoroughly cleaned the fridge,
>then checked (and cleaned) every item before returning them to the
>fridge. I never did find the cause, although I did suspect an egg
>carton that has been reused many times (that never went back into the
>fridge). I also checked the eggs for any bad ones. Nope.
>
>Yesterday I tried an onion halved, then some vanilla extract.
>To no avail...
>
>The fridge is in good condition and about 5 y/o now. Always been kept
>clean. There are one or two vents inside the fridge I haven't
>investigated as yet... but will after posting this.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the smell?
>No, I'm not buying a new fridge, so let's not go there

Try putting a box of Baking Soda (opened) in it, works as a good
deodorizer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 3:59:13 PM UTC-8, wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 10:24:55 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:
>
> >As per subject heading, I have a mild but persistent smell in my
> >fridge, as though something in there is bad - only problem is, there
> >isn't anything in there like that.
> >
> >A few days ago I removed everything and thoroughly cleaned the fridge,
> >then checked (and cleaned) every item before returning them to the
> >fridge. I never did find the cause, although I did suspect an egg
> >carton that has been reused many times (that never went back into the
> >fridge). I also checked the eggs for any bad ones. Nope.
> >
> >Yesterday I tried an onion halved, then some vanilla extract.
> >To no avail...
> >
> >The fridge is in good condition and about 5 y/o now. Always been kept
> >clean. There are one or two vents inside the fridge I haven't
> >investigated as yet... but will after posting this.
> >
> >Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the smell?
> >No, I'm not buying a new fridge, so let's not go there

> Try putting a box of Baking Soda (opened) in it, works as a good
> deodorizer.

Baking soda is a good fix. They make boxes of Arm and Hammer now with mesh sides especially for the fridge.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Jan 2016 15:48:01 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 3:25:20 PM UTC-8, Jeßus wrote:
>> As per subject heading, I have a mild but persistent smell in my
>> fridge, as though something in there is bad - only problem is, there
>> isn't anything in there like that.
>>
>> A few days ago I removed everything and thoroughly cleaned the fridge,
>> then checked (and cleaned) every item before returning them to the
>> fridge. I never did find the cause, although I did suspect an egg
>> carton that has been reused many times (that never went back into the
>> fridge). I also checked the eggs for any bad ones. Nope.
>>
>> Yesterday I tried an onion halved, then some vanilla extract.
>> To no avail...
>>
>> The fridge is in good condition and about 5 y/o now. Always been kept
>> clean. There are one or two vents inside the fridge I haven't
>> investigated as yet... but will after posting this.
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the smell?
>> No, I'm not buying a new fridge, so let's not go there

>what about your freezer? Did you check that?

No need to as it's an entirely separate compartment. I have an 'upside
down' fridge - this is the exact model:
http://www.comparison.com.au/fridges...olux/EBM4300SB
Thanks anyway.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/30/2016 7:26 PM, Je�us wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jan 2016 19:59:06 -0400, wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 10:24:55 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:
>>
>>> As per subject heading, I have a mild but persistent smell in my
>>> fridge, as though something in there is bad - only problem is, there
>>> isn't anything in there like that.
>>>
>>> A few days ago I removed everything and thoroughly cleaned the fridge,
>>> then checked (and cleaned) every item before returning them to the
>>> fridge. I never did find the cause, although I did suspect an egg
>>> carton that has been reused many times (that never went back into the
>>> fridge). I also checked the eggs for any bad ones. Nope.
>>>
>>> Yesterday I tried an onion halved, then some vanilla extract.
>>> To no avail...
>>>
>>> The fridge is in good condition and about 5 y/o now. Always been kept
>>> clean. There are one or two vents inside the fridge I haven't
>>> investigated as yet... but will after posting this.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the smell?
>>> No, I'm not buying a new fridge, so let's not go there

>> Try putting a box of Baking Soda (opened) in it, works as a good
>> deodorizer.

> Sodium bicarb! How did I forget about that? Thanks. I might try some
> later if need be. I found a removable screen - not actually a filter
> as such - which was quite strong with the smell. I've cleaned it and
> will put it back in shortly.

I agree. Sodium bicarb is not a bad suggestion. It certainly can't
hurt. Oh, and put some in the freezer, too.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/30/2016 7:44 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jan 2016 19:38:14 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

>>> Sodium bicarb! How did I forget about that? Thanks. I might try some
>>> later if need be. I found a removable screen - not actually a filter
>>> as such - which was quite strong with the smell. I've cleaned it and
>>> will put it back in shortly.
>>>

>> I agree. Sodium bicarb is not a bad suggestion. It certainly can't
>> hurt. Oh, and put some in the freezer, too.

> Stop falling for that 60's marketing gimmick! Sodium bicarb in the
> fridge does nothing except puts money in Arm & Hammer's pockets.
>
> -sw

Yeah.... 29 cents is a huge profit.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Jan 2016 19:10:18 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Jan 2016 19:52:28 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

>>> Stop falling for that 60's marketing gimmick! Sodium bicarb in the
>>> fridge does nothing except puts money in Arm & Hammer's pockets.
>>>

>> Yeah.... 29 cents is a huge profit.

>More importantly, it's a waste of $.29.
>
>-sw

Costs a lot more than 29¢ nowadays... I'd guess a dead mouse under the
fridge... get a smarter cat.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ds=baking+soda

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> As per subject heading, I have a mild but persistent smell in my
> fridge, as though something in there is bad - only problem is, there
> isn't anything in there like that.
>
> A few days ago I removed everything and thoroughly cleaned the fridge,
> then checked (and cleaned) every item before returning them to the
> fridge. I never did find the cause, although I did suspect an egg
> carton that has been reused many times (that never went back into the
> fridge). I also checked the eggs for any bad ones. Nope.
>
> Yesterday I tried an onion halved, then some vanilla extract.
> To no avail...
>
> The fridge is in good condition and about 5 y/o now. Always been kept
> clean. There are one or two vents inside the fridge I haven't
> investigated as yet... but will after posting this.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the smell?
> No, I'm not buying a new fridge, so let's not go there

Is there a drip pan underneath? The fridge in my first apartment had one
and if it wasn't cleaned regularly, there would be an odor. I've never had
one since with such a pan but...

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 8:16:24 PM UTC-8, Julie Bove wrote:

> Is there a drip pan underneath? The fridge in my first apartment had one
> and if it wasn't cleaned regularly, there would be an odor. I've never had
> one since with such a pan but...

That is actually a really good idea. There is a drip pan or evaporation pan where any moisture from the automatic defrost is eliminated. The pan may need cleaning or there could be a clog in the ducting that directs moisture to the pan.

Pull out your fridge and check behind and underneath.

could be the drip pan, or, as Sheldon said, could be a dead mouse or something rotten back there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-01-31 12:30 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 1/31/2016 12:24 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>> There are quite a few people here who could take note of that.
>>

> You included.

Especially her. She has been in my bozo bin for years and it was
because of her constantly obsessively and incessantly replying to
offensive posts only to add a line or two at the end of it to say that
the post was offensive. The OP was indeed offensive, which is why I had
him KF'ed. She has escaped from the filter a few times and I see the
same patten of obsessively replying to dozens and dozens of posts,
quoting 50 or more lines of text going back through a half dozen
previous replies and then adding only one or two lines of idiotic
comment herself. Since most of her posts were basically just echoing
messages from people I had filtered, she joined them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 1/30/2016 7:26 PM, Je?us wrote:

>>> Try putting a box of Baking Soda (opened) in it, works as a good
>>> deodorizer.

>> Sodium bicarb! How did I forget about that? Thanks. I might try some
>> later if need be. I found a removable screen - not actually a filter
>> as such - which was quite strong with the smell. I've cleaned it and
>> will put it back in shortly.
>>

>I agree. Sodium bicarb is not a bad suggestion. It certainly can't
>hurt. Oh, and put some in the freezer, too.

I put some bicarb into the small 1.5x1.5" removable screen in the
yesterday. It seems to be helping quite a bit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Jan 2016 20:16:14 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
.. .
>> As per subject heading, I have a mild but persistent smell in my
>> fridge, as though something in there is bad - only problem is, there
>> isn't anything in there like that.
>>
>> A few days ago I removed everything and thoroughly cleaned the fridge,
>> then checked (and cleaned) every item before returning them to the
>> fridge. I never did find the cause, although I did suspect an egg
>> carton that has been reused many times (that never went back into the
>> fridge). I also checked the eggs for any bad ones. Nope.
>>
>> Yesterday I tried an onion halved, then some vanilla extract.
>> To no avail...
>>
>> The fridge is in good condition and about 5 y/o now. Always been kept
>> clean. There are one or two vents inside the fridge I haven't
>> investigated as yet... but will after posting this.
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the smell?
>> No, I'm not buying a new fridge, so let's not go there

>Is there a drip pan underneath? The fridge in my first apartment had one
>and if it wasn't cleaned regularly, there would be an odor. I've never had
>one since with such a pan but...

Thanks Julie, I'll check for a drip pan later when the sun comes up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 09:13:03 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 8:16:24 PM UTC-8, Julie Bove wrote:
>

>> Is there a drip pan underneath? The fridge in my first apartment had one
>> and if it wasn't cleaned regularly, there would be an odor. I've never had
>> one since with such a pan but...

>That is actually a really good idea. There is a drip pan or evaporation pan where any moisture from the automatic defrost is eliminated. The pan may need cleaning or there could be a clog in the ducting that directs moisture to the pan.
>
>Pull out your fridge and check behind and underneath.
>
>could be the drip pan, or, as Sheldon said, could be a dead mouse or something rotten back there.

Thanks, will check later in the morning.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/2/2016 04:43 Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2016-01-31 12:30 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 1/31/2016 12:24 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> There are quite a few people here who could take note of that.
>>>

>> You included.
>>

> Especially her. She has been in my bozo bin

The bozo and his bozo bin. A match made in heaven.

--
Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On 1/2/2016 04:43 Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2016-01-31 12:30 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 1/31/2016 12:24 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> There are quite a few people here who could take note of that.
>>>

>> You included.
>>

> Especially her. She has been in my bozo bin

The bozo and his bozo bin. A match made in heaven.
-------------------------------

His and hers The thicko duo! lol I love the way Jill complains about me
yet she watches me like a hawk Anything I say, she considers a personal
insult. Trust me, if I wanted to insult her it wouldn't be difficult but I
have absolutely NO interest in her. As for Dave??? LOL He is just a joke!

Don't you just love the way they and others can insult and bitch about
anyone they choose and nobody says A SINGLE THING, but anything we say gets
jumped on <g> Aren't we special LOLOL I rarely attack anyone, but others
do it all the time. But guess who gets the shit?

Well, you know what ... the bitchers and complainers can **** off because I
don't give a damn! ))

I will respond to anyone who speaks nicely to me .. the rest? As I said,
they can just **** off!!!

;-)

---
http;//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/2/2016 06:36 Ophelia wrote:

> "Bruce" wrote in message ...

>>> When did you decide it was your business to tell anyone how and what
>>> they should post?
>>>
>>> Are you another wannabe moderator?
>>>

>> No, *you* are the wannabe moderator, Opelia. You and Bruce seem to have
>> an online love affair going on, constantly pointing out who is being
>> "mean". That involves people whatever you two seem to disapprove of.
>> You feed off each other. You think you're not being critical?

> Now you're being mean.
> ======================
>
> Nahh she is a joke. She doesn't like her bitching to be pointed out. Not
> sure how I am doing it though since she has been in my filter for years.

I don't know what their fuss is about. We're not allowed to comment on
someone, because if we do, they'll start commenting on us. Fine with
me.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On 1/2/2016 06:36 Ophelia wrote:

> "Bruce" wrote in message ...

>>> When did you decide it was your business to tell anyone how and what
>>> they should post?
>>>
>>> Are you another wannabe moderator?
>>>

>> No, *you* are the wannabe moderator, Opelia. You and Bruce seem to have
>> an online love affair going on, constantly pointing out who is being
>> "mean". That involves people whatever you two seem to disapprove of.
>> You feed off each other. You think you're not being critical?

> Now you're being mean.
> ======================
>
> Nahh she is a joke. She doesn't like her bitching to be pointed out. Not
> sure how I am doing it though since she has been in my filter for years.

I don't know what their fuss is about. We're not allowed to comment on
someone, because if we do, they'll start commenting on us. Fine with
me.

==============

BUT, do you notice there are posters who are vicious and vile and no one
says a ANYTHING to them. I am starting to think they are afraid of them so
they take it out on us <g> What a waste of time because, I don't know about
you but I couldn't care less <shrug>

---
http;//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/2/2016 07:01 Ophelia wrote:

> "Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
> On 1/2/2016 06:36 Ophelia wrote:
>
>> "Bruce" wrote in message ...

>>> No, *you* are the wannabe moderator, Opelia. You and Bruce seem to have
>>> an online love affair going on, constantly pointing out who is being
>>> "mean". That involves people whatever you two seem to disapprove of.
>>> You feed off each other. You think you're not being critical?

>> Now you're being mean.
>> ======================
>>
>> Nahh she is a joke. She doesn't like her bitching to be pointed out. Not
>> sure how I am doing it though since she has been in my filter for years.

> I don't know what their fuss is about. We're not allowed to comment on
> someone, because if we do, they'll start commenting on us. Fine with
> me.
>
> ==============
>
> BUT, do you notice there are posters who are vicious and vile and no one
> says a ANYTHING to them. I am starting to think they are afraid of them so
> they take it out on us <g>

I've been thinking that all along. Put someone nasty with a big mouth in
a group, and you'll get people who'll suck up to them out of a sick
mix of fear and admiration. Interesting processes to observe though

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/2/2016 07:06 jmcquown wrote:

> On 1/31/2016 2:33 PM, Je�us wrote:
>> On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 19:16:48 -0000 (UTC), Bruce >
>> wrote:

>>> Now you're being mean.

>> Sorry, but it's a fair comment.
>>

> Funny, this wasn't even a post involving Julie yet they get together to
> decide what is appropriate. I pretty much skip over the Bruce & Ophelia
> show these days.

Funny how Jill joins the party when she's sees enough other people do
so

--
Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" wrote in message ...

<shrug> I just respond accordingly, depending on what ppl say in their
posts (assuming I read them). It's a simple as that.

And by your standards I *have* been 'nasty' to Julie recently in a
couple of posts (not that I thought it nasty myself). Anyway, how
about we just agree to disagree on this and move on? Not much point
taking it any further in terms of it being constructive.

================

Yes, let us do that

---
http;//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 09:13:03 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 8:16:24 PM UTC-8, Julie Bove wrote:
>

>> Is there a drip pan underneath? The fridge in my first apartment had one
>> and if it wasn't cleaned regularly, there would be an odor. I've never had
>> one since with such a pan but...

>That is actually a really good idea. There is a drip pan or evaporation pan where any moisture from the automatic defrost is eliminated. The pan may need cleaning or there could be a clog in the ducting that directs moisture to the pan.
>
>Pull out your fridge and check behind and underneath.
>
>could be the drip pan, or, as Sheldon said, could be a dead mouse or something rotten back there.

I had a mouse stinking under my fridge, that happens when one of my
cats catches one in the kitchen at night, kills it and continues to
bat it about, if it goes under the fridge or stove the cat can't get
it out and so it eventually stinks.

Some people think their fridge has no drip pan because it's not
readilly apparent as it's located a bit higher up off the floor and
behind that narrow grill at the very bottom. Pull out the grill and
there will be the drip pan. It could be the drain tube is clogged,
spiders spin webs in those tubes... pull out the bottom crisper
drawers and you'll see the drain hole, clean it with a skinny bottle
brush... if you've never pulled out those crisper bins you may be in
for a shock to find a puddle of stinkin' muck at the bottom of your
fridge... watch out for the creature from the black lagoon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 Feb 2016 05:45:58 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Jan 2016 19:38:14 -0500, jmcquown >
>wrote:

>>> Sodium bicarb! How did I forget about that? Thanks. I might try some
>>> later if need be. I found a removable screen - not actually a filter
>>> as such - which was quite strong with the smell. I've cleaned it and
>>> will put it back in shortly.
>>>

>>I agree. Sodium bicarb is not a bad suggestion. It certainly can't
>>hurt. Oh, and put some in the freezer, too.

>I put some bicarb into the small 1.5x1.5" removable screen in the
>yesterday. It seems to be helping quite a bit.

Febreeze... much better.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 16:00:13 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>On Mon, 01 Feb 2016 05:45:58 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 30 Jan 2016 19:38:14 -0500, jmcquown >
>>wrote:

>>>I agree. Sodium bicarb is not a bad suggestion. It certainly can't
>>>hurt. Oh, and put some in the freezer, too.

>>I put some bicarb into the small 1.5x1.5" removable screen in the
>>yesterday. It seems to be helping quite a bit.

>Febreeze... much better.

That might be a good idea, thanks.

I've pretty much narrowed down where the smell is coming from - it's
coming from beyond that little screen (or vent) I mentioned before. It
is located on the 'ceiling' of the inside of the fridge, which then
seems to go towards the back of the fridge and then down presumably to
the drip tray. I checked the drip tray and there are no nasties in
there - a very small amount of water and there was a water droplet on
the drain pipe itself, so I don't think there's a blockage... but
maybe there is a partial blockage?

Another thing:

2 or 3 weeks ago, I checked the thermometer in the fridge, it was far
too cold (almost 0°C), so I adjusted the thermostat and then promptly
forgot about it. A few days later I realised the temp was now 6°C -
which is far too warm of course and again readjusted the thermostat.
Might be just coincidental timing... dunno.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 Feb 2016 05:47:13 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Jan 2016 20:16:14 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>>
>>Is there a drip pan underneath? The fridge in my first apartment had one
>>and if it wasn't cleaned regularly, there would be an odor. I've never had
>>one since with such a pan but...

>Thanks Julie, I'll check for a drip pan later when the sun comes up.

Yep, there is a drip tray underneath. It had a small amount of water
in it, not smelly at all though and surprisingly clean since I haven't
so much as looked at it in 5 years...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 20:53:30 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Jeßus" wrote in message ...
>
><shrug> I just respond accordingly, depending on what ppl say in their
>posts (assuming I read them). It's a simple as that.
>
>And by your standards I *have* been 'nasty' to Julie recently in a
>couple of posts (not that I thought it nasty myself). Anyway, how
>about we just agree to disagree on this and move on? Not much point
>taking it any further in terms of it being constructive.
>
>================
>
>Yes, let us do that

Alrighty then
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" wrote in message ...

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 16:00:13 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>On Mon, 01 Feb 2016 05:45:58 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 30 Jan 2016 19:38:14 -0500, jmcquown >
>>wrote:

>>>I agree. Sodium bicarb is not a bad suggestion. It certainly can't
>>>hurt. Oh, and put some in the freezer, too.

>>I put some bicarb into the small 1.5x1.5" removable screen in the
>>yesterday. It seems to be helping quite a bit.

>Febreeze... much better.

That might be a good idea, thanks.

I've pretty much narrowed down where the smell is coming from - it's
coming from beyond that little screen (or vent) I mentioned before. It
is located on the 'ceiling' of the inside of the fridge, which then
seems to go towards the back of the fridge and then down presumably to
the drip tray. I checked the drip tray and there are no nasties in
there - a very small amount of water and there was a water droplet on
the drain pipe itself, so I don't think there's a blockage... but
maybe there is a partial blockage?

Another thing:

2 or 3 weeks ago, I checked the thermometer in the fridge, it was far
too cold (almost 0°C), so I adjusted the thermostat and then promptly
forgot about it. A few days later I realised the temp was now 6°C -
which is far too warm of course and again readjusted the thermostat.
Might be just coincidental timing... dunno.
===============================

The drip tray pipe on my fridge sometimes blocks and causes a small flood in
the floor or the fridge. I use a very small bottle brush and it clears it.
I've never had a problem with any other fridges like that. Have you tried
a wee brush?

---
http;//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

Can you tell I am getting seriously fed up? Fortunately there are a few
nice people around here and they are the reason I stay. The rest can go to
hell.

==========

Now you're talking!!! LOL

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

BUT, do you notice there are posters who are vicious and vile and no one
says a ANYTHING to them. I am starting to think they are afraid of them so
they take it out on us <g> What a waste of time because, I don't know about
you but I couldn't care less <shrug>
==========

Or maybe they just don't post to some of the most vicious and vile so they
*never* comment on their trash, waste of time in a few cases to ever respond.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

Can you tell I am getting seriously fed up? Fortunately there are a few
nice people around here and they are the reason I stay. The rest can go to
hell.

==========

Now you're talking!!! LOL

=================

You'll be getting into trouble for inciting me you will ... ;-)

---
http;//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

BUT, do you notice there are posters who are vicious and vile and no one
says a ANYTHING to them. I am starting to think they are afraid of them so
they take it out on us <g> What a waste of time because, I don't know about
you but I couldn't care less <shrug>
==========

Or maybe they just don't post to some of the most vicious and vile so they
*never* comment on their trash, waste of time in a few cases to ever
respond.

============

I suppose, but why then do they jump on those whose comment are far less
nasty?

Just an excuse maybe?

---
http;//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 Feb 2016 05:47:13 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Jan 2016 20:16:14 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>

>>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> As per subject heading, I have a mild but persistent smell in my
>>> fridge, as though something in there is bad - only problem is, there
>>> isn't anything in there like that.
>>>
>>> A few days ago I removed everything and thoroughly cleaned the fridge,
>>> then checked (and cleaned) every item before returning them to the
>>> fridge. I never did find the cause, although I did suspect an egg
>>> carton that has been reused many times (that never went back into the
>>> fridge). I also checked the eggs for any bad ones. Nope.
>>>
>>> Yesterday I tried an onion halved, then some vanilla extract.
>>> To no avail...
>>>
>>> The fridge is in good condition and about 5 y/o now. Always been kept
>>> clean. There are one or two vents inside the fridge I haven't
>>> investigated as yet... but will after posting this.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the smell?
>>> No, I'm not buying a new fridge, so let's not go there

>>Is there a drip pan underneath? The fridge in my first apartment had one
>>and if it wasn't cleaned regularly, there would be an odor. I've never had
>>one since with such a pan but...

>Thanks Julie, I'll check for a drip pan later when the sun comes up.

Every frost free unit I've seen has a drip pan, sometimes not readily
seen... the owner's manual will show where it is... often it's only
half the fridge width and set a bit higher up off the floor so there's
enough room to dust underneath without pulling the fridge all the way
out from the wall, but then therre'd be a removeable grille for
access. Also pull out the bottom vegetable bin(s), clean underneath
and unplug the drain hole, spiders clog them, sometimes schmutz grows
inside... I've seen where people have never pulled out a vegetable
bin, they just clean the inside with a sponge... they can't pull it
out unless they pull the fridge out, and because of the location,
maybe in a corner of the room up against a wall, the door won't open
all the way so the bin can't be removed... sometimes people have the
fridge jammed tight into a recess that prevents the door opening
enough to pull out the bin and also so it's difficult to pull the
fridge out enough to fully open the door. I've seen an instance where
the door needed to be unbolted and removed in order to pull out the
bin... shortly after the fridge was installed they had a cabinet built
that prevented the door from being fully opened and another cabinet on
the oppostie wall of their galley kitchen that prevented the fridge
from being pulled out. It was one of these huge Sub Zero fridges that
they thought would last forever so they built the kitchen around it...
they had far more dollars than functioning brain cells.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 16:00:13 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>On Mon, 01 Feb 2016 05:45:58 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 30 Jan 2016 19:38:14 -0500, jmcquown >
>>wrote:

>>>I agree. Sodium bicarb is not a bad suggestion. It certainly can't
>>>hurt. Oh, and put some in the freezer, too.

>>I put some bicarb into the small 1.5x1.5" removable screen in the
>>yesterday. It seems to be helping quite a bit.

>Febreeze... much better.

That's just covering one smell with another smell - loathsome stuff !
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/31/2016 3:12 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On 1/2/2016 07:06 jmcquown wrote:
>
>> On 1/31/2016 2:33 PM, Je�us wrote:

>>> Sorry, but it's a fair comment.
>>>

>> Funny, this wasn't even a post involving Julie yet they get together to
>> decide what is appropriate. I pretty much skip over the Bruce & Ophelia
>> show these days.

> Funny how Jill joins the party when she's sees enough other people do
> so

I don't need an invitation. What have you contributed in terms of
food/cooking lately, Bruce? Do share a recipe! I understand you're a
pescetarian. I love fish. I like lots of vegetables, too. Do tell us
all about it.

Jill