Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Stinky fridge syndrome...

On 1/2/2016 15:08 Cheryl wrote:

> On 1/31/2016 3:11 PM, Bruce wrote:
>
>> I've been thinking that all along. Put someone nasty with a big mouth in
>> a group, and you'll get people who'll suck up to them out of a sick
>> mix of fear and admiration. Interesting processes to observe though

> Who in their right mind would be afraid of someone on the Internet?
> What a silly statement. LOL

Really? It happens all the time.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 02 Feb 2016 08:06:13 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Mon, 01 Feb 2016 08:24:10 -0400, wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 20:05:44 -0600, Sky >
>>wrote:
>>

>>>Instead of using baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) - or in addition to
>>>the baking soda, try some charcoal briquettes. Put two or three
>>>charcoal briquettes on a paper plate or small, shallow bowl and place in
>>>the fridge in an open area. The carbon will be much more effective to
>>>'soak up' the noxious odors in quick time. HTH.
>>>
>>>Sky

>>Yes, that's a great suggestion. Years ago a man who worked in the
>>same area as me went on vacation for three weeks and flipped the
>>switch on the mains in his house before leaving. Trouble was, since
>>the last time he had added a freezer.
>>
>>When they came home the place reeked. The freezer was imbued with the
>>smell and someone suggested buying bags of charcoal, opening and
>>putting in the freezer. It did the trick and eliminated the smell.

>That's pretty impressive. I've known of freezers and eskis (aka
>coolers?) where stuff was left in them and went bad, there was
>seemingly no way to get the smell out of the plastic, no matter how
>much you cleaned them.

It took years for our second fridge. We used baking soda, charcoal,
commercial odor killers, I washed the interior I don't know how many
times. I finally gained ground when I poured pure bleach down the
drain hose at the back of the fridge. That is one tough problem.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message

> To me neither. I'm not even sure what the current kerfuffle is about.

It is 'have a go' at Ophelia month) Woohooo !!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On 1/2/2016 08:42 Ophelia wrote:
>
>> "Cheri" wrote in message ...
>>
>> "Ophelia" wrote in message ...
>>

>> BUT, do you notice there are posters who are vicious and vile and no one
>> says a ANYTHING to them. I am starting to think they are afraid of them
>> so
>> they take it out on us <g> What a waste of time because, I don't know
>> about
>> you but I couldn't care less <shrug>
>> ==========
>>
>> Or maybe they just don't post to some of the most vicious and vile so
>> they
>> *never* comment on their trash, waste of time in a few cases to ever
>> respond.
>>
>> ============
>>
>> I suppose, but why then do they jump on those whose comment are far less
>> nasty?
>>
>> Just an excuse maybe?

> Because they have double standards?

I have been shocked and surprised by the actions of some. Those I had
thought of as fair minded ...

The number of those here that I can trust has fallen drastically.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message

>> I just might have to unkillfile her for this. Awfully tempting!

> Don't killfile people and then bitch about them, Dumpling. Don't be a
> coward, like Janet US.

Dumpling is back in mine. And a few have joined him.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On 1/2/2016 11:29 Sqwertz wrote:

>>> I don't need an invitation...

>> Don't let the little shitstain press your buttons and make you feel
>> you need to defend yourself. That's all his does here to everyone who
>> will play his game.

> As is clear from the stuff you quoted above, this had nothing to do with
> Jill until SHE pressed MY and Ophelia's buttons.

Little miss Jill is one of the worst stirrer here. She has been in my kf
for years and she just hates it.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/2/2016 19:51 Ophelia wrote:

> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>
>> To me neither. I'm not even sure what the current kerfuffle is about.

> It is 'have a go' at Ophelia month) Woohooo !!

I'm not sure what you did to cause this. I missed bits because we
weren't home for a day.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/02/2016 8:09 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On 2/2/2016 19:51 Ophelia wrote:
>
>> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>>
>>> To me neither. I'm not even sure what the current kerfuffle is about.

>> It is 'have a go' at Ophelia month) Woohooo !!

> I'm not sure what you did to cause this. I missed bits because we
> weren't home for a day.

You're not allowed to go AWOL. Consider yourself reprimanded and don't
do it again.

--

Xeno
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On 1/2/2016 15:08 Cheryl wrote:
>
>> On 1/31/2016 3:11 PM, Bruce wrote:
>>
>>> I've been thinking that all along. Put someone nasty with a big mouth in
>>> a group, and you'll get people who'll suck up to them out of a sick
>>> mix of fear and admiration. Interesting processes to observe though

>> Who in their right mind would be afraid of someone on the Internet?
>> What a silly statement. LOL

> Really? It happens all the time.

It doesn't make me afraid but they spoil a time I would be happy discussing
food and recipes.

But, it seems one is not allowed to defend oneself. It is also interesting
that people are allowed to be nasty, but the minute you give them a taste of
their own medicine, you are the bad guy.

Crazy place.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/31/2016 7:29 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> ObFood: Tender seasoned roast pork butt, garlic mashed potatoes,
> mushroom gravy, and cole slaw.
>
> -sw

I really need to check the price of pork butt (shoulder roast). Your
dinner sounds delicious. You may have my share of the cole slaw.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/2/2016 20:17 Xeno wrote:

> On 2/02/2016 8:09 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> It is 'have a go' at Ophelia month) Woohooo !!

>> I'm not sure what you did to cause this. I missed bits because we
>> weren't home for a day.
>>

> You're not allowed to go AWOL. Consider yourself reprimanded and don't
> do it again.

I won't do it again. We were in Ipswich, where they have heat waves and
bad aircos

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On 2/2/2016 19:51 Ophelia wrote:
>
>> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>>
>>> To me neither. I'm not even sure what the current kerfuffle is about.

>> It is 'have a go' at Ophelia month) Woohooo !!

> I'm not sure what you did to cause this. I missed bits because we
> weren't home for a day.

Does there need to be a reason?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Xeno" > wrote in message
> On 2/02/2016 8:09 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> It is 'have a go' at Ophelia month) Woohooo !!

>> I'm not sure what you did to cause this. I missed bits because we
>> weren't home for a day.
>>

> You're not allowed to go AWOL. Consider yourself reprimanded and don't do
> it again.

Yers! *stern look*
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/2/2016 20:25 Ophelia wrote:

> "Bruce" > wrote in message

>>> Who in their right mind would be afraid of someone on the Internet?
>>> What a silly statement. LOL

>> Really? It happens all the time.

> It doesn't make me afraid but they spoil a time I would be happy discussing
> food and recipes.
>
> But, it seems one is not allowed to defend oneself. It is also interesting
> that people are allowed to be nasty, but the minute you give them a taste of
> their own medicine, you are the bad guy.
>
> Crazy place.

Very crazy, but also interesting

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/2/2016 2:03 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 19:55:30 -0500, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> Fabreeze was initially marketed as a product that reduces odor. It
>> didn't do very well, so they started adding scents to it.

> Not true. They did increase the perfume content of one point but it
> flopped originally because of bad marketing. The product worked, they
> just had trouble convincing people to buy it until they redid their
> marketing.
>
> -sw

I don't know when/if they changed the formula. I do know Fabreez worked
*very* well when I accidentally left a package of raw fish in the trunk
of my car. The package fell out of the grocery bag, I didn't realize it
until the next day... whoa! I seriously thought I'd have to buy a new
car. (Only half kidding.) Spraying the liner with Fabreez and letting
it air out for an hour or so did the trick.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On 2/2/2016 20:25 Ophelia wrote:

>>> Really? It happens all the time.

>> It doesn't make me afraid but they spoil a time I would be happy
>> discussing
>> food and recipes.
>>
>> But, it seems one is not allowed to defend oneself. It is also
>> interesting
>> that people are allowed to be nasty, but the minute you give them a taste
>> of
>> their own medicine, you are the bad guy.
>>
>> Crazy place.

> Very crazy, but also interesting

True but sometimes boring. It is good when recipes are discussed!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 04:42:24 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 1/31/2016 7:29 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> ObFood: Tender seasoned roast pork butt, garlic mashed potatoes,
>> mushroom gravy, and cole slaw.
>>
>> -sw

>I really need to check the price of pork butt (shoulder roast). Your
>dinner sounds delicious. You may have my share of the cole slaw.

Slurpppp.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/2/2016 20:43 Ophelia wrote:

> "Bruce" > wrote in message

>>> It is 'have a go' at Ophelia month) Woohooo !!

>> I'm not sure what you did to cause this. I missed bits because we
>> weren't home for a day.

> Does there need to be a reason?

A cause? Something that set them off? Something that got their goat?

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/2/2016 20:55 Ophelia wrote:

> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>> On 2/2/2016 20:25 Ophelia wrote:
>>
>>> It doesn't make me afraid but they spoil a time I would be happy
>>> discussing food and recipes.
>>>
>>> But, it seems one is not allowed to defend oneself. It is also
>>> interesting
>>> that people are allowed to be nasty, but the minute you give them a taste
>>> of their own medicine, you are the bad guy.
>>>
>>> Crazy place.

>> Very crazy, but also interesting

> True but sometimes boring. It is good when recipes are discussed!

Do you know this website?
http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On 2/2/2016 20:43 Ophelia wrote:

>>> I'm not sure what you did to cause this. I missed bits because we
>>> weren't home for a day.

>> Does there need to be a reason?

> A cause? Something that set them off? Something that got their goat?

Seems to me some make it up to suit themselves and it doesn't matter what
you say. Thank goodness for the nice people!!!!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On 2/2/2016 20:55 Ophelia wrote:

>>> Very crazy, but also interesting

>> True but sometimes boring. It is good when recipes are discussed!

> Do you know this website?
> http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/

LOL Brilliant)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/2/2016 4:00 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> Little miss Jill is one of the worst stirrer here. She has been in my
> kf for years and she just hates it.

You think I care? I don't.

Funny how you didn't seem to be bothered by me when we were talking
about Clydesdale horses a few years back. You didn't k/f me until I
said publicly Julie Bove is clueless.

RFC has long been known as the "Chaotic Kitchen" for a reason. Can't
take the heat? Get out of the Kitchen.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/1/2016 9:54 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On 1/2/2016 15:08 Cheryl wrote:
>
>> On 1/31/2016 3:11 PM, Bruce wrote:
>>
>>> I've been thinking that all along. Put someone nasty with a big mouth in
>>> a group, and you'll get people who'll suck up to them out of a sick
>>> mix of fear and admiration. Interesting processes to observe though

>> Who in their right mind would be afraid of someone on the Internet?
>> What a silly statement. LOL

> Really? It happens all the time.

It does? Not in my world.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/02/2016 8:42 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On 2/2/2016 20:17 Xeno wrote:

>>> I'm not sure what you did to cause this. I missed bits because we
>>> weren't home for a day.
>>>

>> You're not allowed to go AWOL. Consider yourself reprimanded and don't
>> do it again.

> I won't do it again.

Promise?

> We were in Ipswich, where they have heat waves and bad aircos

Ipswich? Yeah, I could believe that. It's far enough inland. Was up at
Pacific Pines on the Gold Coast a few weeks back and it was inland just
far enough to really humid and uncomfortable. You really need the sea
breeze up there to make things livable.

--

Xeno
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/02/2016 8:43 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Bruce" > wrote in message

>>> It is 'have a go' at Ophelia month) Woohooo !!

>> I'm not sure what you did to cause this. I missed bits because we
>> weren't home for a day.

> Does there need to be a reason?

The thing is, when I first started posting here about 2 years back, RFC
seemed quite friendly. It sure has changed now though. :-(

--

Xeno

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/02/2016 8:57 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On 2/2/2016 20:43 Ophelia wrote:

>>> I'm not sure what you did to cause this. I missed bits because we
>>> weren't home for a day.

>> Does there need to be a reason?

> A cause? Something that set them off? Something that got their goat?

Maybe they forgot their medication? Sure looks like it the way they
carry on!

--

Xeno
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 Feb 2016 22:21:07 -0700, Janet B >
wrote:

>On Tue, 02 Feb 2016 08:06:13 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 01 Feb 2016 08:24:10 -0400, wrote:

>>>Yes, that's a great suggestion. Years ago a man who worked in the
>>>same area as me went on vacation for three weeks and flipped the
>>>switch on the mains in his house before leaving. Trouble was, since
>>>the last time he had added a freezer.
>>>
>>>When they came home the place reeked. The freezer was imbued with the
>>>smell and someone suggested buying bags of charcoal, opening and
>>>putting in the freezer. It did the trick and eliminated the smell.

>>That's pretty impressive. I've known of freezers and eskis (aka
>>coolers?) where stuff was left in them and went bad, there was
>>seemingly no way to get the smell out of the plastic, no matter how
>>much you cleaned them.

>It took years for our second fridge. We used baking soda, charcoal,
>commercial odor killers, I washed the interior I don't know how many
>times. I finally gained ground when I poured pure bleach down the
>drain hose at the back of the fridge. That is one tough problem.
>Janet US

Did you have a nice dinner last night ?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Xeno" > wrote in message
> On 2/02/2016 8:43 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I'm not sure what you did to cause this. I missed bits because we
>>> weren't home for a day.

>> Does there need to be a reason?
>>

> The thing is, when I first started posting here about 2 years back, RFC
> seemed quite friendly. It sure has changed now though. :-(

Yep! You might note that someone is complaining I am not the 'same nice
Ophy'. There is a good reason for that as you can see. Do I like it? No!
I hate it, but I will not be kicked around without kicking back!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/02/2016 9:02 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On 2/2/2016 20:55 Ophelia wrote:

>>> Very crazy, but also interesting

>> True but sometimes boring. It is good when recipes are discussed!

> Do you know this website?
> http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/

Known about it for quite some time but there has been a raft of new
characters added since then. I feel there still needs to be a few more.
Not all bases are covered.

--

Xeno
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-02-02 7:03 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> Who in their right mind would be afraid of someone on the Internet?
>>> What a silly statement. LOL

>> Really? It happens all the time.
>>

> It does? Not in my world.

That is because you are relatively sane, unlike some of the crackpot
attention whores that make total asses of themselves, get a lot of nasty
they really need to fear are themselves. There have been more than a few
suicides by insecure people who said and did things they should not
have in social media and rather than disconnecting from the net or
shutting off the computer they killed themselves.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Bruce" > wrote in message

> >> Don't let the little shitstain press your buttons and make you feel
> >> you need to defend yourself. That's all his does here to everyone who
> >> will play his game.

> > As is clear from the stuff you quoted above, this had nothing to do with
> > Jill until SHE pressed MY and Ophelia's buttons.
> >

> Little miss Jill is one of the worst stirrer here. She has been in my kf
> for years and she just hates it.

Jill fancies herself the "Empress of RFC", but she comes off as a distinctly "common" type of person...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
> Ophelia wrote:

>> > As is clear from the stuff you quoted above, this had nothing to do
>> > with
>> > Jill until SHE pressed MY and Ophelia's buttons.
>> >

>> Little miss Jill is one of the worst stirrer here. She has been in my kf
>> for years and she just hates it.

> Jill fancies herself the "Empress of RFC", but she comes off as a
> distinctly "common" type of person...

She is disgusting.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" wrote in message ...

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 21:22:10 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Jeßus" wrote in message
.. .

>On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 16:00:13 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 01 Feb 2016 05:45:58 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:

>>>I put some bicarb into the small 1.5x1.5" removable screen in the
>>>yesterday. It seems to be helping quite a bit.

>>Febreeze... much better.

>That might be a good idea, thanks.
>
>I've pretty much narrowed down where the smell is coming from - it's
>coming from beyond that little screen (or vent) I mentioned before. It
>is located on the 'ceiling' of the inside of the fridge, which then
>seems to go towards the back of the fridge and then down presumably to
>the drip tray. I checked the drip tray and there are no nasties in
>there - a very small amount of water and there was a water droplet on
>the drain pipe itself, so I don't think there's a blockage... but
>maybe there is a partial blockage?
>
>Another thing:
>
>2 or 3 weeks ago, I checked the thermometer in the fridge, it was far
>too cold (almost 0°C), so I adjusted the thermostat and then promptly
>forgot about it. A few days later I realised the temp was now 6°C -
>which is far too warm of course and again readjusted the thermostat.
>Might be just coincidental timing... dunno.
>===============================
>
>The drip tray pipe on my fridge sometimes blocks and causes a small flood
>in
>the floor or the fridge. I use a very small bottle brush and it clears it.
>I've never had a problem with any other fridges like that. Have you tried
>a wee brush?

No, not yet and I'm not sure I have one that will fit. I might
(carefully) try an air compressor when I get time, that should clear
any blockage out.

--------------

Good luck with it.

---
http;//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Xeno wrote:

> The thing is, when I first started posting here about 2 years back, RFC
> seemed quite friendly. It sure has changed now though. :-(

You must have been drinking heavily back then.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message

>>> Little miss Jill is one of the worst stirrer here. She has been in my kf
>>> for years and she just hates it.

>> Jill fancies herself the "Empress of RFC", but she comes off as a
>> distinctly "common" type of person...

> She is disgusting.

I have observed that she does not show a proper appreciation for toast

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 8:42:46 AM UTC-7, Gregory Morrow wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:

> > > As is clear from the stuff you quoted above, this had nothing to do with
> > > Jill until SHE pressed MY and Ophelia's buttons.
> > >

> > Little miss Jill is one of the worst stirrer here. She has been in my kf
> > for years and she just hates it.

> Jill fancies herself the "Empress of RFC", but she comes off as a distinctly "common" type of person...
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

I wouldn't talk if I were you Greg...I have yet to see a posting from you that was worthwhile. You have the intellect of a flea.
====
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 17:28:40 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

>I have observed that she does not show a proper appreciation for toast

Oh no. She's not one of those people who doesn't butter toast right to
the edges?!?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Tue, 02 Feb 2016 08:06:13 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 01 Feb 2016 08:24:10 -0400, wrote:

>>>Yes, that's a great suggestion. Years ago a man who worked in the
>>>same area as me went on vacation for three weeks and flipped the
>>>switch on the mains in his house before leaving. Trouble was, since
>>>the last time he had added a freezer.
>>>
>>>When they came home the place reeked. The freezer was imbued with the
>>>smell and someone suggested buying bags of charcoal, opening and
>>>putting in the freezer. It did the trick and eliminated the smell.

>>That's pretty impressive. I've known of freezers and eskis (aka
>>coolers?) where stuff was left in them and went bad, there was
>>seemingly no way to get the smell out of the plastic, no matter how
>>much you cleaned them.

>It took years for our second fridge. We used baking soda, charcoal,
>commercial odor killers, I washed the interior I don't know how many
>times. I finally gained ground when I poured pure bleach down the
>drain hose at the back of the fridge. That is one tough problem.

Perseverance wins the day!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
> Ophelia wrote:

>>> Jill fancies herself the "Empress of RFC", but she comes off as a
>>> distinctly "common" type of person...

>> She is disgusting.

> I have observed that she does not show a proper appreciation for toast

;-)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/