Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Stinky fridge syndrome...

On 1/31/2016 3:01 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
> On 1/2/2016 06:36 Ophelia wrote:
>
>> "Bruce" wrote in message ...

>>> No, *you* are the wannabe moderator, Opelia. You and Bruce seem to have
>>> an online love affair going on, constantly pointing out who is being
>>> "mean". That involves people whatever you two seem to disapprove of.
>>> You feed off each other. You think you're not being critical?

>> Now you're being mean.
>> ======================
>>
>> Nahh she is a joke. She doesn't like her bitching to be pointed out.
>> Not
>> sure how I am doing it though since she has been in my filter for years.

> I don't know what their fuss is about. We're not allowed to comment on
> someone, because if we do, they'll start commenting on us. Fine with
> me.
>
> ==============
>
> BUT, do you notice there are posters who are vicious and vile and no one
> says a ANYTHING to them. I am starting to think they are afraid of them
> so they take it out on us <g> What a waste of time because, I don't
> know about you but I couldn't care less <shrug>

How funny! Just a couple of years ago you loved my posts about the
Clydesdale horses. Ever since I said I think a certain poster is an
idiot I turned into one of the vicious and vile. Your definition, of
course, is the only one that applies.

I'm so glad Ophelia acknowledged the "us" companionship with Bruce. I
really do skip over most of the Ophelia & Bruce Show. They're
constantly patting each other on the back pretending they aren't
criticizing other posters. It's humourous.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/30/2016 5:24 PM, Je�us wrote:
> As per subject heading, I have a mild but persistent smell in my
> fridge, as though something in there is bad - only problem is, there
> isn't anything in there like that.
>
> A few days ago I removed everything and thoroughly cleaned the fridge,
> then checked (and cleaned) every item before returning them to the
> fridge. I never did find the cause, although I did suspect an egg
> carton that has been reused many times (that never went back into the
> fridge). I also checked the eggs for any bad ones. Nope.
>
> Yesterday I tried an onion halved, then some vanilla extract.
> To no avail...
>
> The fridge is in good condition and about 5 y/o now. Always been kept
> clean. There are one or two vents inside the fridge I haven't
> investigated as yet... but will after posting this.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the smell?
> No, I'm not buying a new fridge, so let's not go there

Instead of using baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) - or in addition to
the baking soda, try some charcoal briquettes. Put two or three
charcoal briquettes on a paper plate or small, shallow bowl and place in
the fridge in an open area. The carbon will be much more effective to
'soak up' the noxious odors in quick time. HTH.

Sky

--

================================
Kitchen Rule #1 - Use the timer!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 18:29:59 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:
snip

>ObFood: Tender seasoned roast pork butt, garlic mashed potatoes,
>mushroom gravy, and cole slaw.
>
>-sw

that sounds really good. I see pork roast in my future as well as the
mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/31/2016 3:11 PM, Bruce wrote:

> I've been thinking that all along. Put someone nasty with a big mouth in
> a group, and you'll get people who'll suck up to them out of a sick
> mix of fear and admiration. Interesting processes to observe though

Who in their right mind would be afraid of someone on the Internet?
What a silly statement. LOL

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/30/2016 11:51 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

> I know because I bought one a couple days
> ago because I didn't want to pay $3.50 for a big bottle of Tums (which
> I already had at home). Ate a teaspoon outside the store and threw
> the rest away.

I can't imagine stomaching straight baking soda and I get really bad
reflux. Question though, did it help? I'm mostly ok as long as I don't
forget even a day of taking prilosec or one of the others. I have to mix
it up when one stops working.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jeßus > wrote:
> As per subject heading, I have a mild but persistent smell in my
> fridge, as though something in there is bad - only problem is, there
> isn't anything in there like that.
>
> A few days ago I removed everything and thoroughly cleaned the fridge,
> then checked (and cleaned) every item before returning them to the
> fridge. I never did find the cause, although I did suspect an egg
> carton that has been reused many times (that never went back into the
> fridge). I also checked the eggs for any bad ones. Nope.
>
> Yesterday I tried an onion halved, then some vanilla extract.
> To no avail...
>
> The fridge is in good condition and about 5 y/o now. Always been kept
> clean. There are one or two vents inside the fridge I haven't
> investigated as yet... but will after posting this.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the smell?
> No, I'm not buying a new fridge, so let's not go there

Aside from servicing, put vinegar in a wide bowl. Set inside running.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Xeno" wrote in message ...

>> As for you posting differently? Boy you sure are since you came back!
>> Heck
>> you are even being nice to Julie!!! I could go back and repost the
>> nasty
>> stuff you posted, but that is not my way. If you are able to put that
>> out
>> of your mind .. ok
>>
>> No matter, I approve.

> It's probably the medication. One of these maybe;
> chlorpromazine, haloperidol, thioridazine, fluphenazine
> ================
>
> Chlorpromazine is for hay fever!! What do you think that would do?

Are you sure about that?

All those listed have a similar purpose & function.
============

I am very sure. It is an antihistamine and of course advertises for hay
fever too. I have some in my meds atm, it helps with my asthma.

Look he

http://patient.info/medicine/chlorphenamine

Please explain about the other drugs? What are they for and what do they do?

Could they change a personality?

---
http;//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/02/2016 8:57 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Xeno" wrote in message ...
>
>>> As for you posting differently? Boy you sure are since you came back!
>>> Heck
>>> you are even being nice to Julie!!! I could go back and repost the
>>> nasty
>>> stuff you posted, but that is not my way. If you are able to put that
>>> out
>>> of your mind .. ok
>>>
>>> No matter, I approve.

>> It's probably the medication. One of these maybe;
>> chlorpromazine, haloperidol, thioridazine, fluphenazine
>> ================
>>
>> Chlorpromazine is for hay fever!! What do you think that would do?
>>

> Are you sure about that?
>
> All those listed have a similar purpose & function.
> ============
>
> I am very sure. It is an antihistamine and of course advertises for hay

Errr, no it's not...

> fever too. I have some in my meds atm, it helps with my asthma.

I doubt that chlorpromazine will assist with your asthma. It might
assist you in not giving a rats about 'having' asthma but it certainly
won't do anything 'for' the asthma.

Some posters here might find the chlorpromazine medication useful for
their conditions however. Of that I am sure! ;-)

See the difference? ----> chlorpromazine

> Please explain about the other drugs? What are they for and what do they
> do?

All 4 are for a similar purpose.

> Could they change a personality?

One would hope so! ;-) And for the better!

--

Xeno

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Xeno" wrote in message ...

I doubt that chlorpromazine will assist with your asthma. It might
assist you in not giving a rats about 'having' asthma but it certainly
won't do anything 'for' the asthma.

Some posters here might find the chlorpromazine medication useful for
their conditions however. Of that I am sure! ;-)
==========

Oops I misread that, sorry ))) I am not up to speed on antipsychotics <g>

> Please explain about the other drugs? What are they for and what do they
> do?

All 4 are for a similar purpose.
------------

Antipsychotics??? Hmm you are right, I can see several uses for them
here))

---
http;//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 20:05:44 -0600, Sky >
wrote:

>Instead of using baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) - or in addition to
>the baking soda, try some charcoal briquettes. Put two or three
>charcoal briquettes on a paper plate or small, shallow bowl and place in
>the fridge in an open area. The carbon will be much more effective to
>'soak up' the noxious odors in quick time. HTH.
>
>Sky

Yes, that's a great suggestion. Years ago a man who worked in the
same area as me went on vacation for three weeks and flipped the
switch on the mains in his house before leaving. Trouble was, since
the last time he had added a freezer.

When they came home the place reeked. The freezer was imbued with the
smell and someone suggested buying bags of charcoal, opening and
putting in the freezer. It did the trick and eliminated the smell.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
> On 1/2/2016 04:43 Dave Smith wrote:

> >> You included.
> >>

> > Especially her. She has been in my bozo bin

> The bozo and his bozo bin. A match made in heaven.
> -------------------------------
>
> His and hers The thicko duo! lol I love the way Jill complains about me
> yet she watches me like a hawk Anything I say, she considers a personal
> insult. Trust me, if I wanted to insult her it wouldn't be difficult but I
> have absolutely NO interest in her. As for Dave??? LOL He is just a joke!

Jill is just a witchity gal, Ms. O...she is chronically miserable and so wishes to drag everyone down to her level, that has been her MO since Day One.

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks,uk.rec.driving

Default Lettuce disguss "Stinky fridge syndrome..."

On 1/30/2016 3:24 PM, Je�us wrote:
> As per subject heading, I have a mild but persistent smell in my
> fridge, as though something in there is bad - only problem is, there
> isn't anything in there like that.
>
> A few days ago I removed everything and thoroughly cleaned the fridge,
> then checked (and cleaned) every item before returning them to the
> fridge. I never did find the cause, although I did suspect an egg
> carton that has been reused many times (that never went back into the
> fridge). I also checked the eggs for any bad ones. Nope.
>
> Yesterday I tried an onion halved, then some vanilla extract.
> To no avail...
>
> The fridge is in good condition and about 5 y/o now. Always been kept
> clean. There are one or two vents inside the fridge I haven't
> investigated as yet... but will after posting this.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the smell?
> No, I'm not buying a new fridge, so let's not go there

The udder day I smelled something *stanky* in my fridge (no it wasn't
some dead pussy neither). I couldn't figgure out what it wuz, but I
didn't like it. So, early this morning I gots up and found a plastic
container of refries. Gawd! That was it. So ends another mystery from
Refrigerator Firesign Teatro.
Amen.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

> "Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
> On 1/2/2016 04:43 Dave Smith wrote:

> >> You included.
> >>

> > Especially her. She has been in my bozo bin

> The bozo and his bozo bin. A match made in heaven.
> -------------------------------
>
> His and hers The thicko duo! lol I love the way Jill complains about
> me
> yet she watches me like a hawk Anything I say, she considers a personal
> insult. Trust me, if I wanted to insult her it wouldn't be difficult but
> have absolutely NO interest in her. As for Dave??? LOL He is just a joke!

Jill is just a witchity gal, Ms. O...she is chronically miserable and so
wishes to drag everyone down to her level, that has been her MO since Day
One.
---------

Aye, thanks, Greg, I knew that but I won't let her bitching at me pass by.
Those days are gone! She is not taking her miserable life out on me. She
needs to find a new whipping horse!

---
http;//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

Can you tell I am getting seriously fed up? Fortunately there are a few
nice people around here and they are the reason I stay. The rest can go to
hell.

==========

Now you're talking!!! LOL

=================

You'll be getting into trouble for inciting me you will ... ;-)

=========

LOL, water off a ducks back as they say. It would be a cold day in Hell when
that would bother me at all in a newsgroup.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

Tell you what Marty I am sorry because we seemed to be getting on well, but
just go to hell.
==========

It's always just a matter of time before he attacks with his idea of how
people
should post, who they should post to, encourage, discourage etc. Not worth
the
bother most times.

----

Yes, I have learned that that hard way. I always trust people until they
break that trust. More fool me eh?

---
http;//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message ...

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 12:43:05 -0500, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2016-01-31 12:30 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 1/31/2016 12:24 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> There are quite a few people here who could take note of that.
>>>

>> You included.
>>

> Especially her. She has be.... <blah, blah, blah>

Amazing how much a simple on-topic post can be manipulated into such a
shit-fest by the usual shit starters. Practically everythign bruce
says here is meant to incite, none of which is ever about cooking. He
just goes around pressing everyone's "Manipulate" button.
=====

Seems like every time someone does post a food related post, it's attacked by
the usual suspects and always turns into a *shit-fest* many times started by
you, so what else is new? Dolt.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...

> What the hell? I miss the old, nice Ophy! This new mean woman is just
> wrong.

Believe me, I don't like it, it is really horrible, but what do you
expect me to do??

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message ...
>
> > What the hell? I miss the old, nice Ophy! This new mean woman is just
> > wrong.

> Believe me, I don't like it, it is really horrible, but what do you
> expect me to do??

Be true to thy self and remain nice. Ignore the dummies here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> "Gary" > wrote in message
>>
>> > What the hell? I miss the old, nice Ophy! This new mean woman is just
>> > wrong.

>> Believe me, I don't like it, it is really horrible, but what do you
>> expect me to do??

> Be true to thy self and remain nice. Ignore the dummies here.

Dummies indeed!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 21:22:10 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Jeßus" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 16:00:13 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 01 Feb 2016 05:45:58 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:

>>>I put some bicarb into the small 1.5x1.5" removable screen in the
>>>yesterday. It seems to be helping quite a bit.

>>Febreeze... much better.

>That might be a good idea, thanks.
>
>I've pretty much narrowed down where the smell is coming from - it's
>coming from beyond that little screen (or vent) I mentioned before. It
>is located on the 'ceiling' of the inside of the fridge, which then
>seems to go towards the back of the fridge and then down presumably to
>the drip tray. I checked the drip tray and there are no nasties in
>there - a very small amount of water and there was a water droplet on
>the drain pipe itself, so I don't think there's a blockage... but
>maybe there is a partial blockage?
>
>Another thing:
>
>2 or 3 weeks ago, I checked the thermometer in the fridge, it was far
>too cold (almost 0°C), so I adjusted the thermostat and then promptly
>forgot about it. A few days later I realised the temp was now 6°C -
>which is far too warm of course and again readjusted the thermostat.
>Might be just coincidental timing... dunno.
>===============================
>
>The drip tray pipe on my fridge sometimes blocks and causes a small flood in
>the floor or the fridge. I use a very small bottle brush and it clears it.
>I've never had a problem with any other fridges like that. Have you tried
>a wee brush?

No, not yet and I'm not sure I have one that will fit. I might
(carefully) try an air compressor when I get time, that should clear
any blockage out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>I put some bicarb into the small 1.5x1.5" removable screen in the
>>>yesterday. It seems to be helping quite a bit.

>>Febreeze... much better.

>That's just covering one smell with another smell - loathsome stuff !

Oh, I'll pass on the Febreeze then. I hate stuff that does that.
Much like car air fresheners... haven't found one I didn't hate.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 16:42:52 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>On Mon, 01 Feb 2016 05:47:13 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 30 Jan 2016 20:16:14 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>>>Is there a drip pan underneath? The fridge in my first apartment had one
>>>and if it wasn't cleaned regularly, there would be an odor. I've never had
>>>one since with such a pan but...

>>Thanks Julie, I'll check for a drip pan later when the sun comes up.

>Every frost free unit I've seen has a drip pan, sometimes not readily
>seen... the owner's manual will show where it is... often it's only
>half the fridge width and set a bit higher up off the floor so there's
>enough room to dust underneath without pulling the fridge all the way
>out from the wall, but then therre'd be a removeable grille for
>access. Also pull out the bottom vegetable bin(s), clean underneath
>and unplug the drain hole, spiders clog them, sometimes schmutz grows
>inside... I've seen where people have never pulled out a vegetable
>bin, they just clean the inside with a sponge... they can't pull it
>out unless they pull the fridge out, and because of the location,
>maybe in a corner of the room up against a wall, the door won't open
>all the way so the bin can't be removed... sometimes people have the
>fridge jammed tight into a recess that prevents the door opening
>enough to pull out the bin and also so it's difficult to pull the
>fridge out enough to fully open the door.

At this point the only thing left to do is clean the drain pipe
itself, everything else (including tray) has been checked and cleaned.

>I've seen an instance where
>the door needed to be unbolted and removed in order to pull out the
>bin... shortly after the fridge was installed they had a cabinet built
>that prevented the door from being fully opened and another cabinet on
>the oppostie wall of their galley kitchen that prevented the fridge
>from being pulled out. It was one of these huge Sub Zero fridges that
>they thought would last forever so they built the kitchen around it...
>they had far more dollars than functioning brain cells.

Something like that might be okay if you're fabulously rich and can
afford to have it dealt with, it's not something I would do unless
rich. Doing something like that is just begging for the fridge to
fail...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 1/30/2016 5:24 PM, Je?us wrote:
>> As per subject heading, I have a mild but persistent smell in my
>> fridge, as though something in there is bad - only problem is, there
>> isn't anything in there like that.
>>
>> A few days ago I removed everything and thoroughly cleaned the fridge,
>> then checked (and cleaned) every item before returning them to the
>> fridge. I never did find the cause, although I did suspect an egg
>> carton that has been reused many times (that never went back into the
>> fridge). I also checked the eggs for any bad ones. Nope.
>>
>> Yesterday I tried an onion halved, then some vanilla extract.
>> To no avail...
>>
>> The fridge is in good condition and about 5 y/o now. Always been kept
>> clean. There are one or two vents inside the fridge I haven't
>> investigated as yet... but will after posting this.
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the smell?
>> No, I'm not buying a new fridge, so let's not go there
>>

>Instead of using baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) - or in addition to
>the baking soda, try some charcoal briquettes. Put two or three
>charcoal briquettes on a paper plate or small, shallow bowl and place in
>the fridge in an open area. The carbon will be much more effective to
>'soak up' the noxious odors in quick time. HTH.

A friend did suggest charcoal. I forgot about that actually, so
thanks. I don't have actual briquettes but there's plenty of charcoal
in the fire.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 08:36:12 -0000 (UTC), gregz >
wrote:

>Jeßus > wrote:
>> As per subject heading, I have a mild but persistent smell in my
>> fridge, as though something in there is bad - only problem is, there
>> isn't anything in there like that.
>>
>> A few days ago I removed everything and thoroughly cleaned the fridge,
>> then checked (and cleaned) every item before returning them to the
>> fridge. I never did find the cause, although I did suspect an egg
>> carton that has been reused many times (that never went back into the
>> fridge). I also checked the eggs for any bad ones. Nope.
>>
>> Yesterday I tried an onion halved, then some vanilla extract.
>> To no avail...
>>
>> The fridge is in good condition and about 5 y/o now. Always been kept
>> clean. There are one or two vents inside the fridge I haven't
>> investigated as yet... but will after posting this.
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the smell?
>> No, I'm not buying a new fridge, so let's not go there

>Aside from servicing, put vinegar in a wide bowl. Set inside running.

Thanks Greg. I'll try some charcoal first and if that fails, I'll try
vinegar. The smell isn't all /that/ bad, it's only subtle and I do
have a very keen sense of smell, others might not even notice it. But
it's something likely to get worse, and not get better over time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:
> "Sqwertz" wrote in message ...
>
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 12:43:05 -0500, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> You included.
>>>

>> Especially her. She has be.... <blah, blah, blah>

> Amazing how much a simple on-topic post can be manipulated into such a
> shit-fest by the usual shit starters. Practically everythign bruce
> says here is meant to incite, none of which is ever about cooking. He
> just goes around pressing everyone's "Manipulate" button.
>=====
>
> Seems like every time someone does post a food related post, it's attacked by
> the usual suspects and always turns into a *shit-fest* many times started by
> you, so what else is new? Dolt.
>
> Cheri

being a Usenet cop is one of the most thankless jobs

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/1/2016 2:38 AM, Sqwertz wrote:

> Yes, it helps instantly. Also freshens the breath:-)

I'll remember that for emergencies.

But it's high
> in sodium unlike Tums or Rolaids. I take Omeprazole, but I usually
> only have to take one every 3 days. If I don't take it every 3-4
> days I will go through a withdrawal period of about 2.5 days where
> my stomach just won't digest anything.

So since you know the outcome, just make sure you don't miss taking the
med! That sounds like a very painful illness, not digesting anything.
Be well.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" wrote in message ...

For once I agree with Cheri. No point trying to get along with him, as
soon as he gets bored or has a bad day, he turns on you. He's so like
sf and Sqwertz... those three are so alike, it's uncanny.

==========
See, strange things do happen occasionally, and I agree with your post too.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 17:43:22 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Jeßus" wrote in message ...
>

>For once I agree with Cheri. No point trying to get along with him, as

Him?

>soon as he gets bored or has a bad day, he turns on you. He's so like
>sf and Sqwertz... those three are so alike, it's uncanny.
>
>==========
>See, strange things do happen occasionally, and I agree with your post too.
>
>Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Jeßus" wrote in message ...
>For once I agree with Cheri. No point trying to get along with him, as
>soon as he gets bored or has a bad day, he turns on you. He's so like
>sf and Sqwertz... those three are so alike, it's uncanny.
>
>==========
>See, strange things do happen occasionally, and I agree with your post too.

Anything is possible it seems
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 Feb 2016 20:57:13 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 17:43:22 -0800, "Cheri" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Jeßus" wrote in message ...
>>

>>For once I agree with Cheri. No point trying to get along with him, as

>Him?

Are you suggesting he's a she? I guess his tits are big enough for
someone to make that mistake.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/2/2016 08:15 Disgruntled Dumpling wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 12:43:05 -0500, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> You included.
>>>

>> Especially her. She has be.... <blah, blah, blah>

> Amazing how much a simple on-topic post can be manipulated into such a
> shit-fest by the usual shit starters. Practically everythign bruce
> says here is meant to incite, none of which is ever about cooking. He
> just goes around pressing everyone's "Manipulate" button.

What would you know? You have me killfiled You can't even read this.

--
Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/2/2016 08:42 Ophelia wrote:

> "Cheri" wrote in message ...
>
> "Ophelia" wrote in message ...
>

> BUT, do you notice there are posters who are vicious and vile and no one
> says a ANYTHING to them. I am starting to think they are afraid of them so
> they take it out on us <g> What a waste of time because, I don't know about
> you but I couldn't care less <shrug>
> ==========
>
> Or maybe they just don't post to some of the most vicious and vile so they
> *never* comment on their trash, waste of time in a few cases to ever
> respond.
>
> ============
>
> I suppose, but why then do they jump on those whose comment are far less
> nasty?
>
> Just an excuse maybe?

Because they have double standards?

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/2/2016 05:05 Sqwertz wrote:

>> "Ophelia" wrote in message
>>
>>> Just know this, the days of bullying me without response is
>>> over. Attack me and I will retaliate. If you are trying to
>>> drive me out .. forget it.

> I just might have to unkillfile her for this. Awfully tempting!

Don't killfile people and then bitch about them, Dumpling. Don't be a
coward, like Janet US.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/2/2016 10:33 jmcquown wrote:

> On 1/31/2016 3:12 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> Funny, this wasn't even a post involving Julie yet they get together to
>>> decide what is appropriate. I pretty much skip over the Bruce & Ophelia
>>> show these days.

>> Funny how Jill joins the party when she's sees enough other people do
>> so
>>

> I don't need an invitation. What have you contributed in terms of
> food/cooking lately, Bruce? Do share a recipe! I understand you're a
> pescetarian. I love fish. I like lots of vegetables, too. Do tell us
> all about it.

My way to prepare fish is to pan fry it. I hardly have to tell you all,
accomplished cooks, how to do that. But is it bad to be here and learn
stuff? These days, I'm trying ideas for beans, maybe mainly coming from
the Americans here, since they're neighbours of the Mexicans.
I've already experimented successfully with refried beans and I'm still
going to do something Cuban with black beans, that sf posted.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/2/2016 11:29 Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Funny how Jill joins the party when she's sees enough other people do
>>> so
>>>

>> I don't need an invitation...

> Don't let the little shitstain press your buttons and make you feel
> you need to defend yourself. That's all his does here to everyone who
> will play his game.

As is clear from the stuff you quoted above, this had nothing to do with
Jill until SHE pressed MY and Ophelia's buttons.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/2/2016 10:51 jmcquown wrote:

> I'm so glad Ophelia acknowledged the "us" companionship with Bruce. I
> really do skip over most of the Ophelia & Bruce Show.

You say that all the time, yet you mention us all the time lately.

> They're
> constantly patting each other on the back pretending they aren't
> criticizing other posters. It's humourous.

I don't deny criticising other posters. Where did you get that crazy
idea?

--
Bruce