Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Taco salad shells

On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 09:25:40 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Isn't a crown shape just a fancier bowl? For family home eating, does
>>> it really matter as long as it's cooked right and holds whatever
>>> filling?

>> Not in my opinion. I like to tuck things like olives into the points of
>> the crown shape. When I make things like taco salads, they do look fancy.
>> If you had just a bowl shape, I think it would lead to a big, sloppy mess.
>> Besides... I already bought the molds. They were super cheap. And I
>> intended to use them.

>I have the molds too, but have never tried them. I usually make my taco
>salads with no shell though, so not much reason to use them. I think I got
>them with the last of the rewards on a credit card a few years ago. There is
>no sloppy mess with the bowl shape since the bottom of most bowls are flat,
>but since you have the molds, might as well use them.
>
>Cheri

I like to eat the tortilla portion. Stabbing around in the shell make
the shell break and the taco guts fall all akimbo anyway. I make my
taco salad in large, flat bowls and you can eat it anyway you wish
without mess.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/11/2015 5:13 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> At any rate, everyone loved the taco salads and the other two loved
> their Seahawks Nachos.

What are Seahawks nachos?

Are they made with blue corn chips?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/11/2015 7:45 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 9/11/2015 9:02 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Like I said to Gary... With the crown shape, you can tuck things in
>>> so they
>>> don't roll around and fling out. Like olives or little round tomatoes.
>>> Besides, I had asked about the molds specifically because that is what I
>>> used. I used them because I specifically wanted that shape.
>>>
>>> I do not much like making salads. I find them to be rather boring.
>>> So when
>>> I do make them, I go all out. I have gotten compliments from strangers
>>> about the way I arrange stuff at a salad bar. And my taco salads are no
>>> different. I used to take the ingredients to make them at the dance
>>> studio
>>> and people there commented that they looked good.

>> Fair enough. I don't like taco salads, so the nuances are lost on me.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> I believe those taco molds are intended to be used with corn tortillas,
> not flour tortillas. Flour tortillas aren't supposed to be crisp nor
> are they used in what I've seen called a "taco salad".
>
> She says she doesnt much like making salads. In other threads,
> according to her, she practically grazes at the salad bar at the
> supermarket. Oh, wait, the supermarket changed hands. Gotta bitch
> about that! Olives! Oh boy! I'm pretty sure they don't have taco
> shells at the salad bar at the grocery store.
>
> It's just another thing for her to buy and then complain about. Nothing
> ever seems to turn out well. Pity party!
>
> Ever notice how when people post about food and recipes that turned out
> great she has no comment?
>
> Jill

More bully biotch behavior!

KNOCK IT THE **** OFF!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/11/2015 8:54 AM, taxed and spent wrote:
> "Gary" > wrote in message ...
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> I believe those taco molds are intended to be used with corn tortillas,
>>> not flour tortillas. Flour tortillas aren't supposed to be crisp nor
>>> are they used in what I've seen called a "taco salad".

>> I think you are correct there, Jill. Corn tortillas are the ones I've
>> always eaten after being cooked crisp.
>>
>> G.

> all the taco salad bowls I have ever seen have been flour, not corn.

WTF???

No way!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/11/2015 10:07 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 9/11/2015 11:03 AM, Gary wrote:
>> taxed and spent wrote:

>>> all the taco salad bowls I have ever seen have been flour, not corn.

>> I won't argue with you. I don't eat that stuff. It's just that my
>> experience with crisp shells have always been corn tortillas.
>>

> I'm just thinking about the silly fluted bowls I've seen on
> infomercials. Act now and we'll send you two of them! From what I
> vaguely remember they used corn tortillas. I don't eat taco salad. Just
> another thing for her to complain about.
>
> Jill

And for YOU to bully her over, BIOTCH!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 11, 2015 at 12:42:41 PM UTC-4, Kokopelli wrote:
> On 9/11/2015 4:48 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> I suppose that would work if I wanted a bowl shape. I have never actually
> >> seen a taco salad served in a bowl shaped shell. Always the crown shape.

> > Why does the exact shape matter? It's a thingy to hold a salad.
> > An actual bowl would work as well.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> But that's not traditional.

So, how long a tradition are we talking about? The first taco
salads appear to have been served just as other salads we
on a plate or in a bowl. I'd say that's the tradition, not
the "tortilla bowl" one.

<http://www.foodtimeline.org/foodsalads.html#tacosalad>

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 11, 2015 at 3:24:21 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Cheri" > wrote in message
> >
> > > wrote in message

> >> I know before even touching my keyboard you will shoot my
> >> suggestions down and everybody else who is crazy enough to
> >> reply to you. But you could have saved yourself some money
> >> and just draped the tortillas over and inverted metal bowl.
> >>
> >> I know, I know, it wouldn't work in your kitchen. Carry on.

> > Over an upside down microwave safe bowl in the microwave works fine too,
> > just have to watch them carefully.

> I suppose that would work if I wanted a bowl shape. I have never actually
> seen a taco salad served in a bowl shaped shell. Always the crown shape.

Why does it have to be crown shaped?...will it taste differently
if you used a bowl shape even once in a while.
Talk about spoiled...Jesus H. Khrist...you amaze me every day.
====
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/11/2015 11:12 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, September 11, 2015 at 12:42:41 PM UTC-4, Kokopelli wrote:

>>> Why does the exact shape matter? It's a thingy to hold a salad.
>>> An actual bowl would work as well.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> But that's not traditional.

> So, how long a tradition are we talking about?

I dunno, maybe 40 or so years?

> The first taco
> salads appear to have been served just as other salads we
> on a plate or in a bowl. I'd say that's the tradition, not
> the "tortilla bowl" one.
>
> <http://www.foodtimeline.org/foodsalads.html#tacosalad>
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I recall seeing them regularly in restaurants starting in the late 70s.

Obviously the fried shell was a restaurant adaptation.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5232071_di...riginate_.html

Although taco salad originally omits the outer tortilla of a taco,
people often serve it in a tortilla bowl. Sometimes, tortilla chips are
added to the taco salad or served alongside it.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/about_5232071_di...riginate_.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/11/2015 11:13 AM, Roy wrote:

>>> Over an upside down microwave safe bowl in the microwave works fine too,
>>> just have to watch them carefully.

>> I suppose that would work if I wanted a bowl shape. I have never actually
>> seen a taco salad served in a bowl shaped shell. Always the crown shape.

> Why does it have to be crown shaped?...will it taste differently
> if you used a bowl shape even once in a while.
> Talk about spoiled...Jesus H. Khrist...you amaze me every day.
> ====

It has to be that way because restaurants MADE that the standard!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 11, 2015 at 1:19:16 PM UTC-4, Kokopelli wrote:
> On 9/11/2015 11:13 AM, Roy wrote:

> >> I suppose that would work if I wanted a bowl shape. I have never actually
> >> seen a taco salad served in a bowl shaped shell. Always the crown shape.

> > Why does it have to be crown shaped?...will it taste differently
> > if you used a bowl shape even once in a while.
> > Talk about spoiled...Jesus H. Khrist...you amaze me every day.
> > ====
> >

> It has to be that way because restaurants MADE that the standard!

Restaurants do a lot of things that I won't do at home. "Caesar
salad" dressing made with mayonnaise, for example.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/11/2015 11:22 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, September 11, 2015 at 1:19:16 PM UTC-4, Kokopelli wrote:

>>> Why does it have to be crown shaped?...will it taste differently
>>> if you used a bowl shape even once in a while.
>>> Talk about spoiled...Jesus H. Khrist...you amaze me every day.
>>> ====
>>>

>> It has to be that way because restaurants MADE that the standard!

> Restaurants do a lot of things that I won't do at home. "Caesar
> salad" dressing made with mayonnaise, for example.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Yeppers.

But in this instance that fluted bowl shell was cool enough to have legs.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 10:54:53 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>John Kuthe wrote:
>>
>> "Julie Bove" wrote:
>> >Yeah. But I'm not going to start frying things.

>> Then you are not gonna make what you are desiring.

>And I tend to agree with you there, John. If you try to recreate a
>fried food, the "oven fried" version is never as good.
>
>French fries are the perfect example.

Yep, deep frying is a cooking method I'm VERY familiar with, after
making donuts for 8 years six nights a week!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2015-09-11 09:23:10 +0000, Julie Bove said:

>>> I'm not going to distort my bowls.
>>>

>> Eye roll. Not surprised at your silly answer at all.

> Have you never eaten one? If you have, did you really have a shell
> that was bowl shaped? I never have.

Sure. Bowls made from baked/fried tortillas. Bowls made from bread.
They're both kinda sloppy and unnecessary.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Isn't a crown shape just a fancier bowl? For family home eating, does
>>> it really matter as long as it's cooked right and holds whatever
>>> filling?

>> Not in my opinion. I like to tuck things like olives into the points of
>> the crown shape. When I make things like taco salads, they do look
>> fancy. If you had just a bowl shape, I think it would lead to a big,
>> sloppy mess. Besides... I already bought the molds. They were super
>> cheap. And I intended to use them.

> I have the molds too, but have never tried them. I usually make my taco
> salads with no shell though, so not much reason to use them. I think I got
> them with the last of the rewards on a credit card a few years ago. There
> is no sloppy mess with the bowl shape since the bottom of most bowls are
> flat, but since you have the molds, might as well use them.

I used to do the no shell too but I have always wanted these molds. When I
did no shell, I would always put a few corn chips on top but I can't have
the corn chips now and a salad alone isn't enough carbs for me even with
beans in it. These molds were very cheap and I thought they would also be a
cute way to serve dips. Some of the restaurants here use them with corn
tortillas to hold things like sour cream and guacamole. One even serves
their beans in them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 9/11/2015 9:02 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Like I said to Gary... With the crown shape, you can tuck things in so
>>> they
>>> don't roll around and fling out. Like olives or little round tomatoes.
>>> Besides, I had asked about the molds specifically because that is what I
>>> used. I used them because I specifically wanted that shape.
>>>
>>> I do not much like making salads. I find them to be rather boring. So
>>> when
>>> I do make them, I go all out. I have gotten compliments from strangers
>>> about the way I arrange stuff at a salad bar. And my taco salads are no
>>> different. I used to take the ingredients to make them at the dance
>>> studio
>>> and people there commented that they looked good.

>> Fair enough. I don't like taco salads, so the nuances are lost on me.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> I believe those taco molds are intended to be used with corn tortillas,
> not flour tortillas. Flour tortillas aren't supposed to be crisp nor are
> they used in what I've seen called a "taco salad".

Then you would be wrong and apparently you have never eaten a taco salad in
a restaurant. They are almost always made with flour tortillas.

> She says she doesnt much like making salads. In other threads, according
> to her, she practically grazes at the salad bar at the supermarket. Oh,
> wait, the supermarket changed hands. Gotta bitch about that! Olives! Oh
> boy! I'm pretty sure they don't have taco shells at the salad bar at the
> grocery store.

Which supermarket would this be? I can only think of three that have salad
bars here. The QFC in Lynnwood has a small, crappy one. Whole Foods.
Theirs looks nice but the few times I tried it, everything was tasteless.
And then Central Market which does have a good one but at $8.99 per pound is
not something I use very often at all.

We used to have a store here called Top Foods and they did indeed have not
only taco salad shells but taco shells as well. Old County Buffet has both
as well. Not sure about Golden Corral. I think they have taco shells but
not sure about the salad shells.

Some of the stores here do have olive bars. I have had to stop buying from
them. Although I do like the olives, for some unknown reason, they make me
very sick so no more.

> It's just another thing for her to buy and then complain about. Nothing
> ever seems to turn out well. Pity party!

Where was I complaining? Everyone liked their dinner. I would have liked
the shells to get more crisp. And now I see where I went wrong. I should
have baked at a higher temp. and for longer.

> Ever notice how when people post about food and recipes that turned out
> great she has no comment?

See? You were complaining that I comment on every post. Obviously not. I
tend not to even to into threads that are of no interest to me. If someone
is posting about veal or seafood or Cajun food, I probably won't even look
at the post. I don't eat that stuff. So no reason for me to even look at
it.

Are you the post police now? Are we supposed to congratulate everyone who
makes a post about successful food?

My image of you in my mind is getting worse and worse Jill. I know see you
as a person capable only of dining in places that have colorful pictures on
the menu. You go in there, nose stuck in a book so you won't have to speak
to anyone. And when it comes time to order, you begin wildly pointing at
the pictures on the menu, hoping that the wait person will understand what
you want.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I believe those taco molds are intended to be used with corn tortillas,
>> not flour tortillas. Flour tortillas aren't supposed to be crisp nor
>> are they used in what I've seen called a "taco salad".

> I think you are correct there, Jill. Corn tortillas are the ones I've
> always eaten after being cooked crisp.

I can't think of a single restaurant here that serves them in corn.
Although you can get the made up corn crowns.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"taxed and spent" > wrote in message

> "Gary" > wrote in message
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> I believe those taco molds are intended to be used with corn tortillas,
>>> not flour tortillas. Flour tortillas aren't supposed to be crisp nor
>>> are they used in what I've seen called a "taco salad".

>> I think you are correct there, Jill. Corn tortillas are the ones I've
>> always eaten after being cooked crisp.
>>
>> G.

> all the taco salad bowls I have ever seen have been flour, not corn.

Yep. They be wrong. On corn it's usually called a tostada.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> taxed and spent wrote:

>> > I think you are correct there, Jill. Corn tortillas are the ones I've
>> > always eaten after being cooked crisp.
>> >
>> > G.

>> all the taco salad bowls I have ever seen have been flour, not corn.

> I won't argue with you. I don't eat that stuff. It's just that my
> experience with crisp shells have always been corn tortillas.

These are not taco shells. They are vessels for holding a taco salad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 9/11/2015 11:03 AM, Gary wrote:
>> taxed and spent wrote:

>>> all the taco salad bowls I have ever seen have been flour, not corn.

>> I won't argue with you. I don't eat that stuff. It's just that my
>> experience with crisp shells have always been corn tortillas.
>>

> I'm just thinking about the silly fluted bowls I've seen on infomercials.
> Act now and we'll send you two of them! From what I vaguely remember they
> used corn tortillas. I don't eat taco salad. Just another thing for her
> to complain about.

You're the one complaining, Jill. And if you don't eat them, you need not
to comment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
news
> On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 10:51:46 -0400, Gary wrote:
>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> I believe those taco molds are intended to be used with corn tortillas,
>>> not flour tortillas. Flour tortillas aren't supposed to be crisp nor
>>> are they used in what I've seen called a "taco salad".

>> I think you are correct there, Jill. Corn tortillas are the ones I've
>> always eaten after being cooked crisp.

> I think you're mistaken. The large bowls for salad are always flour.
> Some restaurants have little dipping sized bowls made of corn, but the
> big bowls have always been flour.

Yep. We do have one chain here that can make you a taco salad one of two
ways. One being as a tostada and then it is in a fluted corn shell. Please
note that a taco salad is never something I would order at a Mexican place,
unless perhaps it was a really bad Mexican place which this place is. Even
their taco salads are disgusting. I am down to just the beans there. Half
of the time they are good. Half of the time not. Only reason I go is that
sometimes family members pick this place for their birthday.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"William" > wrote in message
> The best part of eating the Taco Salad is eating the bottom and about
> an inch up the side walls of the shell after it gets soggy with
> refried beans and cheese sitting on the bottom.

Yes, if it is fried. But these were just more like a plain tortilla. Not
bad. Just not the effect I was going for.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 20:42:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>I finally got around to buying some of those molds for baking taco salad
>>shells from tortillas. But... They came with no instructions. I just
>>winged it. Softened the flour tortillas slightly in the microwave.
>>Attempted to fit them into the molds. Maybe needed to soften them a tiny
>>bit more as they didn't entirely conform but the end result as far as
>>shape
>>was fine. They worked. But... They didn't crisp up!
>>
>>I had the oven on to 350 as I was baking a carrot cake. I took them out
>>when the edges began to brown as I didn't want them to burn. but the
>>bottoms were still a bit soft. Letting them sit for a few minutes seemed
>>help. My husband ate his right away. No complaints. But I am dawdling
>>over mine and now it has sort of melted down to a soggy mess.
>>
>>So where did I go wrong? Should I have oiled the tortilla? Baked it at a
>>different temp.? Thanks.

> http://www.theyummylife.com/tortilla_bowls
>
> http://www.livestrong.com/article/53...o-salad-bowls/
>
> You're welcome.

Thanks. Already found those on my own.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
Julie, go on YouTube, the directions are there in a tutorial. They say 7 to
10 minutes at 400°. There's a demonstration of how to use the molds. The
tortillas looked crispy.

Denise in NH

---

Thanks. I don't do Youtube for stuff like that. I hate watching videos.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 22:01:02 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 20:42:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> I think the crispy taco salad shells are fried.
>>>
>>> I KNOW they contain a lot of fat.
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...

>>Yeah. But I'm not going to start frying things.

> Then you are not gonna make what you are desiring.

Yes I am. I don't want fried shells.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> John Kuthe wrote:
>>
>> "Julie Bove" wrote:
>> >Yeah. But I'm not going to start frying things.

>> Then you are not gonna make what you are desiring.

> And I tend to agree with you there, John. If you try to recreate a
> fried food, the "oven fried" version is never as good.
>
> French fries are the perfect example.

I must disagree there. I have to be careful how much fat I eat. Too much
and I get sick.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kody" > wrote in message
> >"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>>So where did I go wrong? Should I have oiled the tortilla? Baked it at a
>>different temp.? Thanks.

> I make them all the time and they get crispy, turn your oven up to 400 and
> they should turn out fine.
> -Kody

Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 22:01:41 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Of course not. They're supposed to be fried to crisp up. The only
>>> thing you can do in the oven is dehydrate them, but you won't like the
>>> texture. Sure, you can dredge them in oil and then bake, but the
>>> texture will still not be what you get in restaurants.
>>>
>>> What did you find out when you searched the web for how to use those
>>> molds to make salad bowls?

>> I didn't look online. I've been busy.

> But it's taking you at least 15 minutes half hour to post and read
> the responses here. It took me 15 SECONDS to identify several
> articles on the web that applied to your molds.
>
> Time must pass differently at your house.

I foolishly assumed that someone here might have the molds and knew how to
use them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Roy" > wrote in message

>> > Over an upside down microwave safe bowl in the microwave works fine
>> > too,
>> > just have to watch them carefully.

>> I suppose that would work if I wanted a bowl shape. I have never
>> actually
>> seen a taco salad served in a bowl shaped shell. Always the crown shape.

> Why does it have to be crown shaped?...will it taste differently
> if you used a bowl shape even once in a while.
> Talk about spoiled...Jesus H. Khrist...you amaze me every day.
> ====

Because there are points on the crowns and you can tuck things into them.
If you want to eat a sloppy mess, you can. I prefer not to.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> On Friday, September 11, 2015 at 12:42:41 PM UTC-4, Kokopelli wrote:

>> > Why does the exact shape matter? It's a thingy to hold a salad.
>> > An actual bowl would work as well.
>> >
>> > Cindy Hamilton
>> >

>> But that's not traditional.

> So, how long a tradition are we talking about? The first taco
> salads appear to have been served just as other salads we
> on a plate or in a bowl. I'd say that's the tradition, not
> the "tortilla bowl" one.
>
> <http://www.foodtimeline.org/foodsalads.html#tacosalad>
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Sorry. I'm not scrolling through all of that. I just don't understand why
people here have to always veer all over the place and tell me to do things
other than what I want to do. I thought this was a simple thing. I said
that I bought the molds and they came with no instructions. I foolishly
assumed that someone else here might have them and could tell me how to use
them. Someone did, but then others are telling me to do other things. It's
as though you all think I am stupid and not capable of thinking to do other
things. That really ****es me off!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> On Friday, September 11, 2015 at 1:19:16 PM UTC-4, Kokopelli wrote:

>> > Why does it have to be crown shaped?...will it taste differently
>> > if you used a bowl shape even once in a while.
>> > Talk about spoiled...Jesus H. Khrist...you amaze me every day.
>> > ====
>> >

>> It has to be that way because restaurants MADE that the standard!

> Restaurants do a lot of things that I won't do at home. "Caesar
> salad" dressing made with mayonnaise, for example.

I have never seen that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 10:41:52 -0600, Janet B >
wrote:

> I like to eat the tortilla portion. Stabbing around in the shell make
> the shell break and the taco guts fall all akimbo anyway. I make my
> taco salad in large, flat bowls and you can eat it anyway you wish
> without mess.
> Janet US

Make taco salad and serve it in a regular bowl with tortilla chips.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/11/2015 5:21 PM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 10:41:52 -0600, Janet B >
> wrote:
>
>> I like to eat the tortilla portion. Stabbing around in the shell make
>> the shell break and the taco guts fall all akimbo anyway. I make my
>> taco salad in large, flat bowls and you can eat it anyway you wish
>> without mess.
>> Janet US

> Make taco salad and serve it in a regular bowl with tortilla chips.

Doink.

Brainstorm!

:-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 09:25:40 -0700, "Cheri" >
>wrote:

>>> Not in my opinion. I like to tuck things like olives into the points of
>>> the crown shape. When I make things like taco salads, they do look fancy.
>>> If you had just a bowl shape, I think it would lead to a big, sloppy mess.
>>> Besides... I already bought the molds. They were super cheap. And I
>>> intended to use them.

>>I have the molds too, but have never tried them. I usually make my taco
>>salads with no shell though, so not much reason to use them. I think I got
>>them with the last of the rewards on a credit card a few years ago. There is
>>no sloppy mess with the bowl shape since the bottom of most bowls are flat,
>>but since you have the molds, might as well use them.
>>
>>Cheri

>I like to eat the tortilla portion. Stabbing around in the shell make
>the shell break and the taco guts fall all akimbo anyway. I make my
>taco salad in large, flat bowls and you can eat it anyway you wish
>without mess.
>Janet US

They don't have any such thing as those fried taco bowls in Mexican
cusine, those are strictly TEX-mex manifestations.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 10:34:56 -0600, Kokopelli >
wrote:

>On 9/10/2015 11:00 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message

>>> I know before even touching my keyboard you will shoot my
>>> suggestions down and everybody else who is crazy enough to
>>> reply to you. But you could have saved yourself some money
>>> and just draped the tortillas over and inverted metal bowl.

>> Gee... Then I would have something bowl shaped. Unlike the fluted
>> shape of the shells that I wanted.
>>>
>>> I know, I know, it wouldn't work in your kitchen. Carry on.

>> I'm not going to distort my bowls.

>Ah for the lack of a simple vowel...
>
>;-)

BowEl VowEl.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/11/2015 5:36 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> I like to eat the tortilla portion. Stabbing around in the shell make
>> >the shell break and the taco guts fall all akimbo anyway. I make my
>> >taco salad in large, flat bowls and you can eat it anyway you wish
>> >without mess.
>> >Janet US

> They don't have any such thing as those fried taco bowls in Mexican
> cusine, those are strictly TEX-mex manifestations.

Once more with feeling - SO ****ING WHAT????
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/11/2015 5:39 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 10:34:56 -0600, Kokopelli >
> wrote:

>>> Gee... Then I would have something bowl shaped. Unlike the fluted
>>> shape of the shells that I wanted.

>>> I'm not going to distort my bowls.

>> Ah for the lack of a simple vowel...
>>
>> ;-)

> BowEl VowEl.

Yes, you got the pun.

;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/12/2015 9:36 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 10:41:52 -0600, Janet B >
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 09:25:40 -0700,
>>

>>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>> news:msud1c$2go$1@donttly TEX-mex manifestations.

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/12/2015 9:20 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
I thought this was a simple
> thing. I said that I bought the molds and they came with no
> instructions. I foolishly assumed that someone else here might have
> them and could tell me how to use them. Someone did, but then others
> are telling me to do other things. It's as though you all think I am
> stupid and not capable of thinking to do other things. That really
> ****es me off!

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...