Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default [Quote of the Month] Taco salad shells

Sqwertz wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> > Tell me Steve, what program (User-Agent) do you use to access RFC?
> > I'm very curious. Email me privately if you want to. I can keep
> > secrets.

> Why does it matter which UA's I'm using? As long as my posts are
> legible, quoting properly, and line wrapping properly, what does it
> matter?

I have no problem with your posts. Just wondering which one you use.
It has some features that I like.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:

> Gary wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> > Tell me Steve, what program (User-Agent) do you use to access RFC?
> > I'm very curious. Email me privately if you want to. I can keep
> > secrets.

heh heh Steve knows what I'm talking about.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Taco salad shells

On 9/13/2015 6:53 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Sep 2015 21:34:18 -0600, Janet B >
> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 12 Sep 2015 21:57:20 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>

>> snip
>> I love learning all this stuff but eating them
>>> would be a different matter. Spicy foods are simply not something we would
>>> eat.
>>>
>>> Thank you very much

>> I don't recall, do you make chili?
>> Janet US

> Chili needn't contain hot pepper, I prefer with very little, guests
> can add their own.

Then you're really making bean-laced sloppy joes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2015 7:33 AM, Gary wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>>> Tell me Steve, what program (User-Agent) do you use to access RFC?
>>> I'm very curious. Email me privately if you want to. I can keep
>>> secrets.

>> Why does it matter which UA's I'm using? As long as my posts are
>> legible, quoting properly, and line wrapping properly, what does it
>> matter?

> I have no problem with your posts.

I do.

Now KNOCK IT THE **** OFF!!!

> Just wondering which one you use.
> It has some features that I like.

LEAVE THE GODDAMNED VIRUS BE, NOW!!!!!

THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING!

\|||/
(o o)
,---ooO--(_)--------.
| |
| Please don't |
|feed the Sqwerty & |
| Marty TROLLS! |
| |
`-------------ooO---'
|__|__|
|| ||
ooO Ooo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 14:06:47 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> So, just any regular salad that is served in a taco shell?

>> No! It has to be the sorts of things that you would normally put into a
>> typical taco. But what those things are, will vary. Salads are not
>> usually served in taco shells although there is lettuce or cabbage and
>> often tomatoes.
>>>
>>> That is just what I was trying to ascertain! Thank you!

>> You are making this waaaay too complicated.

>I am very sorry you think so. You forget these things are unknown to me and
>I am interested. If you find it annoying please ignore my posts.

Don't sweat the small stuff... there's nothing Mexican about crispy
taco shells, it's strictly a relatively recent American invention,
that can be filled with anything one dreams up... I don't like them,
it's like eating from an edible paper plate.
http://www.thekitchn.com/100-america...ispy-ta-154273

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2015 7:35 AM, Gary wrote:
> cshenk wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>> Tell me Steve, what program (User-Agent) do you use to access RFC?
>>> I'm very curious. Email me privately if you want to. I can keep
>>> secrets.

> heh heh Steve knows what I'm talking about.

The dwarf need to be BANISHED from here.

\|||/
(o o)
,---ooO--(_)--------.
| |
| Please don't |
|feed the Sqwerty & |
| Marty TROLLS! |
| |
`-------------ooO---'
|__|__|
|| ||
ooO Ooo

YOU are acting like the Usenet Taliban by sheltering that subhuman
woman-stalking VIRUS!

SO KNOCK IT THE **** OFF NOW!!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2015 10:10 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Don't sweat the small stuff... there's nothing Mexican about crispy
> taco shells, it's strictly a relatively recent American invention,

SO ****ING WHAT????????
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Sep 2015 14:45:12 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Grin, it's ok.
>
>1) Taco. A flour shell (normally corn and fried to crisp but may be
>soft and white flour based). This is filled with a small portion of
>meat, sauces, cheese, lettuce and cheese for the basic version. Eaten
>with your hands. The meat may be ground or shaved. Normally beef,
>they also can come with seafood or chicken fillings.
>
>2) Taco chips. Just the shell. Can come in white flour or a corn
>flour. Often called 'corn chips'. They have no filling but are used
>to scoup up foods. Usually corn based.
>
>3) Taco bowl. A corn or white flour bowl that has been baked or fried
>into a bowl shape. Filled with the same stuff as in number 1 above.
>
>4) Taco salad. This is a bowl with lots of meat, lettuce, cheese,
>onions, and sauce. Taco/corn chips are used with it. Common is to add
>refried beans.
>
>That help?
> Carol

Thanks Carol! Gosh, I feel like I have a PhD in Taco Chemistry

William
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2015 10:52 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> It's 40tude

GET THE **** OUT OF HERE VIRUS!!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 14:06:47 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:

>>> No! It has to be the sorts of things that you would normally put into a
>>> typical taco. But what those things are, will vary. Salads are not
>>> usually served in taco shells although there is lettuce or cabbage and
>>> often tomatoes.

>>> You are making this waaaay too complicated.

>>I am very sorry you think so. You forget these things are unknown to me
>>and
>>I am interested. If you find it annoying please ignore my posts.

> Don't sweat the small stuff... there's nothing Mexican about crispy
> taco shells, it's strictly a relatively recent American invention,
> that can be filled with anything one dreams up... I don't like them,
> it's like eating from an edible paper plate.
> http://www.thekitchn.com/100-america...ispy-ta-154273

Sheldon I am interested in most types of cooking which is why I ask the
questions. No one is forced to respond.

Thanks for you opinion on them though.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 13, 2015 at 10:11:05 AM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 14:06:47 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:

> >> No! It has to be the sorts of things that you would normally put into a
> >> typical taco. But what those things are, will vary. Salads are not
> >> usually served in taco shells although there is lettuce or cabbage and
> >> often tomatoes.

> >> You are making this waaaay too complicated.

> >I am very sorry you think so. You forget these things are unknown to me and
> >I am interested. If you find it annoying please ignore my posts.

> Don't sweat the small stuff... there's nothing Mexican about crispy
> taco shells, it's strictly a relatively recent American invention,
> that can be filled with anything one dreams up... I don't like them,
> it's like eating from an edible paper plate.
> http://www.thekitchn.com/100-america...ispy-ta-154273

They are great for lazy people who have no ambition to cook real
food and wash real dishes. I sure wouldn't want to eat them every
freakin' day...certainly not a treat by any means.
=====
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-09-13, William > wrote:

> Thanks Carol! Gosh, I feel like I have a PhD in Taco Chemistry

As if.....

These are all gringo affectations. Authentic tacos are very
different. Picture two small corn tortillas, deep/pan fried in lard
until pliable, then paired together and folded, then filled with a
prepared meat such as cabeza, carnitas, birria, etc, and topped with
finely chopped onion and cilantro. None of that burger meat, cheese,
iceberg, and tomatoes nonsense. Gringos call them "soft" tacos.
Mexicans call them tacos.

Granted, these are NorCal-style Mexican tacos, but they are more
authentic than those hard/crispy pre-formed corn taco shells filled
with Taco Bell ingredients. One thing is sure, I've never EVER seen
any taco made with a flour tortilla.

nb --Mexican cuisine loving gringo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2015 12:39 PM, Roy wrote:
> On Sunday, September 13, 2015 at 10:11:05 AM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 14:06:47 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:

>>> I am very sorry you think so. You forget these things are unknown to me and
>>> I am interested. If you find it annoying please ignore my posts.

>> Don't sweat the small stuff... there's nothing Mexican about crispy
>> taco shells, it's strictly a relatively recent American invention,
>> that can be filled with anything one dreams up... I don't like them,
>> it's like eating from an edible paper plate.
>> http://www.thekitchn.com/100-america...ispy-ta-154273

> They are great for lazy people who have no ambition to cook real
> food and wash real dishes. I sure wouldn't want to eat them every
> freakin' day...certainly not a treat by any means.
> =====

No one specified "every day" did they?

Meanwhile you'll be missing a real treat:

http://img2.findthebest.com/sites/de..._545077_i0.jpg

Which is YOUR loss.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2015 12:41 PM, notbob wrote:
> One thing is sure, I've never EVER seen
> any taco made with a flour tortilla.

http://www.refinedguy.com/2012/09/21...ems-taco-bell/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

la casa del destino wrote:
>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>Janet B wrote:
>>>Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> I love learning all this stuff but eating them

>>> I don't recall, do you make chili?
>>> Janet US

>> Chili needn't contain hot pepper, I prefer with very little, guests
>> can add their own.

>Then you're really making bean-laced sloppy joes.

That's probably what you do, add scotch bonnet to canned sloppy joe...
there's absolutely no rule that says chili must be fiery hot. I make
chili often because it's an very easy one pot dish, and freezes well
so I make a lot. I've no desire to send my guests to a proctologist
so I add very little heat but I supply plenty of hot pepper for folks
to add to their individual taste... sounds like you're one of those
control freaks who also salts food for guests to your taste. The only
reason for chili to be prepared fiery hot is to hide the fact that
it's lousy chili made with crappy mystery ingredients... I don't use
preground mystery meat, I grind my own. I've attended a few chili
cook offs, every one made with preground mystery meat. They are
mainly judged on who's is hottest, that's an imbecile's cook off for
who's got the most advanced TIAD. I've prepared chili for lots of
chiliheads, everyone prefered mine to any they've ever eaten before,
and even before they tasted it they said they knew it would be good
just from the aroma and its appearance... you'll find my recipe in the
RFC Cookbook... I prepare chili with beans and without, I prefer with
black beans but sometimes dark red kidney, I never cared for pinto
beans, they've no real flavor and have an off putting slimey texture.
Here's mine, show us yours, if you da
http://i59.tinypic.com/2aeno5.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

la casa del destino wrote:
>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>> Don't sweat the small stuff... there's nothing Mexican about crispy
>> taco shells, it's strictly a relatively recent American invention,

>SO ****ING WHAT????????

You got here because your momma ****ed whole barful of beaners...
THAT'S ****ING WHAT?????????
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 11:39:56 -0700 (PDT), Roy >
wrote:

>On Sunday, September 13, 2015 at 10:11:05 AM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:

snip

>> Don't sweat the small stuff... there's nothing Mexican about crispy
>> taco shells, it's strictly a relatively recent American invention,
>> that can be filled with anything one dreams up... I don't like them,
>> it's like eating from an edible paper plate.
>> http://www.thekitchn.com/100-america...ispy-ta-154273

>They are great for lazy people who have no ambition to cook real
>food and wash real dishes. I sure wouldn't want to eat them every
>freakin' day...certainly not a treat by any means.
>=====

that's a sweeping and disparaging comment. I consider Mexican food
real food. Mexican food is not about taco shells.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Roy wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Sunday, September 13, 2015 at 10:11:05 AM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> > On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 14:06:47 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > > wrote:

> > tortilla, >>>>>>>>>> generally

> > ingredients >>>>> (which define it as a taco salad)?

> > is a >>>> protein

> > cheese. >>>> Sometimes cabbage or coleslaw. Sometimes just pico
> > de gallo. Depends >>>> on

> > have a dab >>>> of

> > beans in >>>> the bottom. It will almost always have lettuce and
> > tomato. Some form >>>> of

> > olives, >>>> tomatoes, salsa, and often sour cream and guacamole.
> > I put sliced green >>>> onions and cilantro on mine. Sometimes
> > also topped with tortilla chips >>>> but usually not served in a
> > shell if it has those. Some places here >>>> serve

> > put into a >> typical taco. But what those things are, will vary.
> > Salads are not >> usually served in taco shells although there is
> > lettuce or cabbage and >> often tomatoes.

> > > I am very sorry you think so. You forget these things are
> > > unknown to me and I am interested. If you find it annoying
> > > please ignore my posts.

> > Don't sweat the small stuff... there's nothing Mexican about crispy
> > taco shells, it's strictly a relatively recent American invention,
> > that can be filled with anything one dreams up... I don't like them,
> > it's like eating from an edible paper plate.
> > http://www.thekitchn.com/100-america...ispy-ta-154273

> They are great for lazy people who have no ambition to cook real
> food and wash real dishes. I sure wouldn't want to eat them every
> freakin' day...certainly not a treat by any means.
> =====

Oh I dunno, I could see them for a guys football party in my back room.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Sunday, September 13, 2015 at 10:11:05 AM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 14:06:47 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:

>> >I am very sorry you think so. You forget these things are unknown to me and
>> >I am interested. If you find it annoying please ignore my posts.

>> Don't sweat the small stuff... there's nothing Mexican about crispy
>> taco shells, it's strictly a relatively recent American invention,
>> that can be filled with anything one dreams up... I don't like them,
>> it's like eating from an edible paper plate.
>> http://www.thekitchn.com/100-america...ispy-ta-154273

>They are great for lazy people who have no ambition to cook real
>food and wash real dishes. I sure wouldn't want to eat them every
>freakin' day...certainly not a treat by any means.

I don't like corn chips either, they are analogious to Pringles...
when I want chips I want real potato chips, not fakes formed from
ground paste. Corn chips are no different from cheese doodles, in
fact nachos made with cheese doodles are far better than those made
with corn chips. Nachos is not Mexican food either, it's TEX-mex...
no self respecting Mexican would eat nachos.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

la casa del destino wrote:
>notbob wrote:
>>
>> One thing is sure, I've never EVER seen
>> any taco made with a flour tortilla.

>http://www.refinedguy.com/2012/09/21...ems-taco-bell/

TACO BELL!
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 14:47:17 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Roy wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> On Sunday, September 13, 2015 at 10:11:05 AM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> > On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 14:06:47 +0100, "Ophelia"

>> > tortilla, >>>>>>>>>> generally

>> > ingredients >>>>> (which define it as a taco salad)?

>> > is a >>>> protein
>> > cheese. >>>> Sometimes cabbage or coleslaw. Sometimes just pico
>> > de gallo. Depends >>>> on
>> > have a dab >>>> of
>> > beans in >>>> the bottom. It will almost always have lettuce and
>> > tomato. Some form >>>> of
>> > olives, >>>> tomatoes, salsa, and often sour cream and guacamole.
>> > I put sliced green >>>> onions and cilantro on mine. Sometimes
>> > also topped with tortilla chips >>>> but usually not served in a
>> > shell if it has those. Some places here >>>> serve

>> > put into a >> typical taco. But what those things are, will vary.
>> > Salads are not >> usually served in taco shells although there is
>> > lettuce or cabbage and >> often tomatoes.

>> > Don't sweat the small stuff... there's nothing Mexican about crispy
>> > taco shells, it's strictly a relatively recent American invention,
>> > that can be filled with anything one dreams up... I don't like them,
>> > it's like eating from an edible paper plate.
>> > http://www.thekitchn.com/100-america...ispy-ta-154273

>> They are great for lazy people who have no ambition to cook real
>> food and wash real dishes. I sure wouldn't want to eat them every
>> freakin' day...certainly not a treat by any means.
>> =====

>Oh I dunno, I could see them for a guys football party in my back room.

In your back room where you give mass blow jobs.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 14:47:17 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
> > Roy wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> >
> >> On Sunday, September 13, 2015 at 10:11:05 AM UTC-6, Brooklyn1

> wrote: >> > On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 14:06:47 +0100, "Ophelia"

> tortilla >> > > > > > > > > > > > > used in a different way.

> again >> > > > > > > > > > > ... aren't you???

> I >> > > > > > > > > said, the 'taco salad' thing was confusing ....
> well >> > > > > > > > > to me anyway)

> more >> > beans in >>>> the bottom. It will almost always have
> lettuce and >> > tomato. Some form >>>> of

> Cheese, >> > olives, >>>> tomatoes, salsa, and often sour cream and
> guacamole. >> > I put sliced green >>>> onions and cilantro on mine.
> Sometimes >> > also topped with tortilla chips >>>> but usually not
> served in a >> > shell if it has those. Some places here >>>> serve

> vary. >> > Salads are not >> usually served in taco shells although
> there is >> > lettuce or cabbage and >> often tomatoes.

> crispy >> > taco shells, it's strictly a relatively recent American
> invention, >> > that can be filled with anything one dreams up... I
> don't like them, >> > it's like eating from an edible paper plate.
> >>
> >> They are great for lazy people who have no ambition to cook real
> >> food and wash real dishes. I sure wouldn't want to eat them every
> >> freakin' day...certainly not a treat by any means.
> >> =====

> > Oh I dunno, I could see them for a guys football party in my back
> > room.

> In your back room where you give mass blow jobs.

Ho Sheldon, is this you?

From: Brooklyn1 >
Subject: Taco salad shells
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 16:55:22 -0400

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> So, just any regular salad that is served in a taco shell?

>> No! It has to be the sorts of things that you would normally put into a
>> typical taco. But what those things are, will vary. Salads are not
>> usually served in taco shells although there is lettuce or cabbage and
>> often tomatoes.
>>>
>>> That is just what I was trying to ascertain! Thank you!

>> You are making this waaaay too complicated.

> I am very sorry you think so. You forget these things are unknown to me
> and I am interested. If you find it annoying please ignore my posts.

I just feel like we have all tried very hard to explain to you what seems
like a very simple thing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet B" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 11:39:56 -0700 (PDT), Roy >
> wrote:
>
>>On Sunday, September 13, 2015 at 10:11:05 AM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> snip
>>>
>>> Don't sweat the small stuff... there's nothing Mexican about crispy
>>> taco shells, it's strictly a relatively recent American invention,
>>> that can be filled with anything one dreams up... I don't like them,
>>> it's like eating from an edible paper plate.
>>> http://www.thekitchn.com/100-america...ispy-ta-154273

>>They are great for lazy people who have no ambition to cook real
>>food and wash real dishes. I sure wouldn't want to eat them every
>>freakin' day...certainly not a treat by any means.
>>=====

> that's a sweeping and disparaging comment. I consider Mexican food
> real food. Mexican food is not about taco shells.
> Janet US

I think they were speaking specifically of taco salads.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"la casa del destino" > wrote in message
> On 9/13/2015 6:53 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Sat, 12 Sep 2015 21:34:18 -0600, Janet B >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Sat, 12 Sep 2015 21:57:20 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>>> wrote:
>>>

>>> snip
>>> I love learning all this stuff but eating them

>>> I don't recall, do you make chili?
>>> Janet US

>> Chili needn't contain hot pepper, I prefer with very little, guests
>> can add their own.
>>

> Then you're really making bean-laced sloppy joes.

Sloppy Joes are sweet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 16:49:26 -0400, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>la casa del destino wrote:
>>notbob wrote:
>>>
>>> One thing is sure, I've never EVER seen
>>> any taco made with a flour tortilla.

>>http://www.refinedguy.com/2012/09/21...ems-taco-bell/

>TACO BELL!
>Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

And yet, a nasty supermarket frozen mac and cheese is just dandy,
according to you...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Sunday, September 13, 2015 at 10:11:05 AM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 14:06:47 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>> Don't sweat the small stuff... there's nothing Mexican about crispy
>> taco shells, it's strictly a relatively recent American invention,
>> that can be filled with anything one dreams up... I don't like them,
>> it's like eating from an edible paper plate.
>> http://www.thekitchn.com/100-america...ispy-ta-154273

>They are great for lazy people who have no ambition to cook real
>food and wash real dishes. I sure wouldn't want to eat them every
>freakin' day...certainly not a treat by any means.
>=====

VERY interesting comment... Now who does this remind me of?
I wonder, hmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 16:22:48 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Brooklyn1 wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>Ho Sheldon, is this you?

I thought the same thing
Canadian I.P, doesn't seem to be a proxy of any sort.

>From: Brooklyn1 >
>Subject: Taco salad shells
>Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 16:55:22 -0400

>Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Janet B" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 12 Sep 2015 18:08:21 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>"Janet B" > wrote in message

>> snip

>>>You are going to confuse the heck outta me again ... aren't you???
>>>
>>>O retires from the subject, gracefully ...

>> picture of taco
>> http://tinyurl.com/poq8zhr

>Now that is what *I* understand a taco to be)) As I said, the 'taco
>salad' thing was confusing .... well to me anyway)
>
>thanks)

Never mind. You come on over and I will fix you a taco salad.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet B" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 11:39:56 -0700 (PDT), Roy >

>>They are great for lazy people who have no ambition to cook real
>>food and wash real dishes. I sure wouldn't want to eat them every
>>freakin' day...certainly not a treat by any means.
>>=====

> that's a sweeping and disparaging comment. I consider Mexican food
> real food. Mexican food is not about taco shells.
> Janet US

Another wannabe food snob is what he comes off as.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "la casa del destino" > wrote in message
>> On 9/13/2015 6:53 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

>>> Chili needn't contain hot pepper, I prefer with very little, guests
>>> can add their own.
>>>

>> Then you're really making bean-laced sloppy joes.

> Sloppy Joes are sweet.

Not any I've ever eaten.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> Never mind. You come on over and I will fix you a taco salad.
> Janet US

Mmmm hmmm & Ayup.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> Thanks Carol! Gosh, I feel like I have a PhD in Taco Chemistry
>
> William

Mmmm hmmm and Ayup.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> >> Ahh yes. Understood) So, does a taco salad have set ingredients

Mmmm hmmm and Ayup.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2015-09-13 18:41:28 +0000, notbob said:

> On 2015-09-13, William > wrote:
>
>> Thanks Carol! Gosh, I feel like I have a PhD in Taco Chemistry

> As if.....
>
> These are all gringo affectations. Authentic tacos are very
> different.

Ah... the tricky "authenticity". Mostly I look for good taste. Still
it is helpful when words and the names of dishes have more in common
than not.

> Picture two small corn tortillas, deep/pan fried in lard until pliable,
> then paired together and folded, then filled with a prepared meat such
> as cabeza, carnitas, birria, etc, and topped with finely chopped onion
> and cilantro. None of that burger meat, cheese, iceberg, and tomatoes
> nonsense. Gringos call them "soft" tacos. Mexicans call them tacos.

That's what this taco calls a taco.

> Granted, these are NorCal-style Mexican tacos,...

They're dead-center of what typifies SoCal-style Mexican tacos too.

> ...but they are more authentic than those hard/crispy pre-formed corn
> taco shells filled with Taco Bell ingredients. One thing is sure, I've
> never EVER seen any taco made with a flour tortilla.
>
> nb --Mexican cuisine loving gringo

I've stopped apologizing for liking Taco Bell-style tacos, but I don't
pretend they are anything but drive-through junk food. There oughta be
a better name than "Taco Bell-type tacos) for the crispy-shell
seasoned-burger, fake cheese and lettuce variety of taco. I've had
more feasible versions of this in "big plate" Mexican-ish chain
restaurants (e.g. El Torito, El Chico, et al), where they weren't junk
food, just a variation on a "real taco".

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2015-09-13 23:42:00 +0000, Jeßus said:

> On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 16:49:26 -0400, Brooklyn1
> > wrote:
>
>> la casa del destino wrote:

>>> http://www.refinedguy.com/2012/09/21...ems-taco-bell/

>> TACO BELL!
>> Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

> And yet, a nasty supermarket frozen mac and cheese is just dandy,
> according to you...

Pick your poison...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2015 1:26 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> la casa del destino wrote:
>> Brooklyn1 wrote:

>>> Chili needn't contain hot pepper, I prefer with very little, guests
>>> can add their own.

>> Then you're really making bean-laced sloppy joes.

> That's probably what you do, add scotch bonnet to canned sloppy joe...

I have nothing to do with either canned sloppy joes or sctotch bonnet
peppers, period.

> there's absolutely no rule that says chili must be fiery hot.

I never intimated there was.

But the 3 and 4 alarm chilli crowd would.

> I make
> chili often because it's an very easy one pot dish, and freezes well
> so I make a lot. I've no desire to send my guests to a proctologist
> so I add very little heat but I supply plenty of hot pepper for folks
> to add to their individual taste... sounds like you're one of those
> control freaks who also salts food for guests to your taste.

I produce proper results per recipe instructions.

Salting other peoples' food is a great way to never see them again.

> The only
> reason for chili to be prepared fiery hot is to hide the fact that
> it's lousy chili made with crappy mystery ingredients... I don't use
> preground mystery meat, I grind my own. I've attended a few chili
> cook offs, every one made with preground mystery meat. They are
> mainly judged on who's is hottest, that's an imbecile's cook off for
> who's got the most advanced TIAD.

So you agree that in the chilli community there is a heat standard.

So noted.

You contradicted yourself within a single post.

"...there's absolutely no rule that says chili must be fiery hot."

Looks like there is, unwritten or not.

> I've prepared chili for lots of
> chiliheads, everyone prefered mine to any they've ever eaten before,
> and even before they tasted it they said they knew it would be good
> just from the aroma and its appearance... you'll find my recipe in the
> RFC Cookbook... I prepare chili with beans and without, I prefer with
> black beans but sometimes dark red kidney, I never cared for pinto
> beans, they've no real flavor and have an off putting slimey texture.

I totally agree!

> Here's mine, show us yours, if you da
> http://i59.tinypic.com/2aeno5.jpg

OMG!

You gutted him and then cooked the dwarf's sweetbreads?

(itsa joke)

That is a fine looking bowl of "chilli" by anyone's measure!

I've yet to see you post a loser here.