Old 24-06-2015, 02:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Eggland's Best taste test:

In as controlled an experiment as I could manage, I separately scrambled an EB and a cheapo egg this am. DH could not tell the difference and neither could I. I cannot speaks for nutritional differences, but I don't think I'll be buying too many EBs.

Old 24-06-2015, 03:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 Jun 2015 06:34:47 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
wrote:

In as controlled an experiment as I could manage, I separately scrambled an EB and a cheapo egg this am. DH could not tell the difference and neither could I. I cannot speaks for nutritional differences, but I don't think I'll be buying too many EBs.

Thank you! Can't say I'm surprised though.

--

sf
Old 24-06-2015, 03:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/24/2015 9:34 AM, Kalmia wrote:
In as controlled an experiment as I could manage, I separately
scrambled an EB and a cheapo egg this am. DH could not tell the
difference and neither could I. I cannot speaks for nutritional
differences, but I don't think I'll be buying too many EBs.

Perhaps your cheap eggs are nicer than mine. You can tell
just from looking that Eggland's Best are different from mine,
and I like the taste better, and I like the nutritional part.

Having said that, I don't think anyone is trying to convince
anyone else to spend the extra $1 or 2 on them. To each his
own.

nancy

Old 24-06-2015, 05:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

In as controlled an experiment as I could manage, I separately scrambled
an EB and a cheapo egg this am. DH could not tell the difference and
neither could I. I cannot speaks for nutritional differences, but I
don't think I'll be buying too many EBs.

Thank you! Can't say I'm surprised though.

--

sf

I never could tell the difference in taste either, the yolks are deeper
colored is all. The last dozen I bought there were 2 eggs with large
bloodspots. I contacted EB and they offered a dozen free eggs, but I said no
I don't want free eggs, just wanted you to know. I know that the bloodspots
won't hurt a thing, but I don't like seeing them in my eggs since it's
off-putting to me.

Cheri

Old 24-06-2015, 06:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Brown eggs are more likely to have blood spots.

Old 24-06-2015, 07:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/24/2015 11:44 AM, wrote:
Brown eggs are more likely to have blood spots.

That's just tabasco....
Old 24-06-2015, 11:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/24/2015 4:23 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
The more you pay the better it tastes.

-sw

The story of your dating life...
Old 25-06-2015, 12:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

In as controlled an experiment as I could manage, I separately scrambled an EB and a cheapo egg this am. DH could not tell the difference and neither could I. I cannot speaks for nutritional differences, but I don't think I'll be buying too many EBs.

IMO, unless the only way you eat eggs is scrambled, this wouldn't be
an objective test due to all the extra ingredients involved.

The best test would be comparing poached eggs, as fresh eggs are
critical for good poached eggs - plus it's just egg and no other
flavours. Failing that, a boiled egg would be a good way to compare.
Old 25-06-2015, 01:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

In as controlled an experiment as I could manage, I separately scrambled an EB and a cheapo egg this am. DH could not tell the difference and neither could I. I cannot speaks for nutritional differences, but I don't think I'll be buying too many EBs.

IMO, unless the only way you eat eggs is scrambled, this wouldn't be
an objective test due to all the extra ingredients involved.

The best test would be comparing poached eggs, as fresh eggs are
critical for good poached eggs - plus it's just egg and no other
flavours. Failing that, a boiled egg would be a good way to compare.

We mostly eat coddled eggs, and the EBs taste great.
Old 25-06-2015, 04:56 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/24/2015 9:14 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
usually don't.

-sw

**** off, woman-hater.
Old 25-06-2015, 06:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in message
Brown eggs are more likely to have blood spots.

I've never seen any brown or white that didn't have an occasional blood
spot, but...I think it's sloppy candling when two end up in the same dozen.

Cheri

Old 25-06-2015, 10:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Brown eggs are very hard to candle.
Old 25-06-2015, 11:21 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message

wrote in message
Brown eggs are more likely to have blood spots.

I've never seen any brown or white that didn't have an occasional blood
spot, but...I think it's sloppy candling when two end up in the same
dozen.

Cheri

I cooked some Wilcox brown a few days ago. All 4 had blood spots. I don't
know about the rest of them as I wasn't the one who cooked them and nobody
said anything about it to me.

BBQ sauce taste test Shalako General Cooking 5 11-09-2015 05:38 PM
BBQ sauce taste test Shalako Barbecue 1 09-09-2015 11:36 PM
Taste test: pasta Kalmia General Cooking 38 05-11-2012 12:02 AM
Coke Taste Test Dan Abel General Cooking 12 20-11-2009 10:00 AM
Taste Test Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 17 14-09-2006 04:14 AM