Old 11-01-2015, 02:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default This is how you should wake up!

Today is my 65th Birthday (and I have the Medicare card to prove it) I
woke up at 6 AM and smelled something baking. Becca had gotten up before
5 AM and made me chocolate ├ęclairs from scratch to have with my coffee.
My first day as an official Geezer is off to a wonderful start! With a
life this good, it will be hard for me to become a Grumpy Old Man!

Yesterday, my step-son and his wife took us out to dinner for the
occasion. We went he
http://www.pappadeaux.com/location/138 One of the best fringe benefits
of marrying Becca was becoming a step-father. I never had children and
my daughter=in-law calls me Dad... and I really like that.

I hope you all have as wonderful a day as I am.

George L

Old 11-01-2015, 03:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 7:51:39 AM UTC-6, George L wrote:
Today is my 65th Birthday (and I have the Medicare card to prove it) I
woke up at 6 AM and smelled something baking. Becca had gotten up before
5 AM and made me chocolate Úclairs from scratch to have with my coffee.
My first day as an official Geezer is off to a wonderful start! With a
life this good, it will be hard for me to become a Grumpy Old Man!

Yesterday, my step-son and his wife took us out to dinner for the
occasion. We went he
http://www.pappadeaux.com/location/138 One of the best fringe benefits
of marrying Becca was becoming a step-father. I never had children and
my daughter=in-law calls me Dad... and I really like that.

I hope you all have as wonderful a day as I am.

George L

Well Happy Birthday George and welcome to Old Geezerdom, it does have a few benefits which you will learn. Becca and I have been "Buddies" for a long time on the internet. Hopefuly sometime we will all be on a cruise togetther n somtime and can meet .
Mean while enjioy those wonderful choco goodies and your birthday!!
Old 11-01-2015, 03:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 07:51:14 -0600, George Leppla
wrote:

Today is my 65th Birthday (and I have the Medicare card to prove it) I
woke up at 6 AM and smelled something baking. Becca had gotten up before
5 AM and made me chocolate Úclairs from scratch to have with my coffee.
My first day as an official Geezer is off to a wonderful start! With a
life this good, it will be hard for me to become a Grumpy Old Man!

Yesterday, my step-son and his wife took us out to dinner for the
occasion. We went he
http://www.pappadeaux.com/location/138 One of the best fringe benefits
of marrying Becca was becoming a step-father. I never had children and
my daughter=in-law calls me Dad... and I really like that.

I hope you all have as wonderful a day as I am.

Happy birthday George!

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Old 11-01-2015, 03:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2015 8:51 AM, George Leppla wrote:
Today is my 65th Birthday (and I have the Medicare card to prove it) I
woke up at 6 AM and smelled something baking. Becca had gotten up before
5 AM and made me chocolate ├ęclairs from scratch to have with my coffee.
My first day as an official Geezer is off to a wonderful start! With a
life this good, it will be hard for me to become a Grumpy Old Man!

Yesterday, my step-son and his wife took us out to dinner for the
occasion. We went he
http://www.pappadeaux.com/location/138 One of the best fringe benefits
of marrying Becca was becoming a step-father. I never had children and
my daughter=in-law calls me Dad... and I really like that.

I hope you all have as wonderful a day as I am.

George L

Happy Birthday, George! And good job, Becca.

Jill

Old 11-01-2015, 03:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"George Leppla" wrote in message
Today is my 65th Birthday (and I have the Medicare card to prove it) I
woke up at 6 AM and smelled something baking. Becca had gotten up before 5
AM and made me chocolate Úclairs from scratch to have with my coffee. My
first day as an official Geezer is off to a wonderful start! With a life
this good, it will be hard for me to become a Grumpy Old Man!

Yesterday, my step-son and his wife took us out to dinner for the
occasion. We went he
http://www.pappadeaux.com/location/138 One of the best fringe benefits of
marrying Becca was becoming a step-father. I never had children and my
daughter=in-law calls me Dad... and I really like that.

I hope you all have as wonderful a day as I am.

George L

Hey, at your age waking up at all is a good thing!

Happy B'day!

Old 11-01-2015, 03:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2015 8:20 AM, Pico Rico wrote:

Hey, at your age waking up at all is a good thing!

Truer than you think. 3 grandparents does in their 50's. Mom was 58,
my father died at 42 (both from cancer). My Grandmother lived to be
63.... I was 12 when she passed. And one brother died at 52.

I am the first in my family to make it to 65. The docs tell me that I
am in good shape, no diabetes, no cancers, no heart problems, BP is
usually in the 120's over 80 and my combined cholesterol is around 136.
All this in spite of the fact that I am a very big man. Or as the
cardiologist told me... "For a big man, you are in remarkably good
health. Now lose some weight."

Happy B'day!

Thank you!

George L
Old 11-01-2015, 03:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/15 8:51 AM, George Leppla wrote:
Today is my 65th Birthday (and I have the Medicare card to prove it) I
woke up at 6 AM and smelled something baking. Becca had gotten up before
5 AM and made me chocolate ├ęclairs from scratch to have with my coffee....

I've got a few years on you, George, and even now, my wife would rag me
incessantly if I ever had eclairs for breakfast! 8

Happy b-day, and many more. Let there be cake!

-- Larry

Old 11-01-2015, 04:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2015 8:52 AM, pltrgyst wrote:
On 1/11/15 8:51 AM, George Leppla wrote:
Today is my 65th Birthday (and I have the Medicare card to prove it) I
woke up at 6 AM and smelled something baking. Becca had gotten up before
5 AM and made me chocolate ├ęclairs from scratch to have with my coffee....

I've got a few years on you, George, and even now, my wife would rag me
incessantly if I ever had eclairs for breakfast! 8

When my MIL was 84, her sister yelled at her for eating bacon for
breakfast because it was bad for her. Mom replied that at 84, she would
eat anything she wanted to eat and wasn't planning on living forever.
She lived another ten years after that... parsing away in her sleep at 94.

I told her that if I lived to be 84, I would eat bacon dipped in mayo
while smoking a cigar. Only 19 years to go.

George L
Old 11-01-2015, 04:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2015 10:03 AM, George Leppla wrote:
On 1/11/2015 8:52 AM, pltrgyst wrote:
On 1/11/15 8:51 AM, George Leppla wrote:
Today is my 65th Birthday (and I have the Medicare card to prove it) I
woke up at 6 AM and smelled something baking. Becca had gotten up before
5 AM and made me chocolate ├ęclairs from scratch to have with my
coffee....

I've got a few years on you, George, and even now, my wife would rag me
incessantly if I ever had eclairs for breakfast! 8

When my MIL was 84, her sister yelled at her for eating bacon for
breakfast because it was bad for her. Mom replied that at 84, she would
eat anything she wanted to eat and wasn't planning on living forever.
She lived another ten years after that... parsing away in her sleep at 94.

My mother was only (heh) 82 when she died. After years of being on
low-fat, low-sodium diets (cholesterol and blood pressure problems) she
pretty much told her doctors she'd eat whatever the heck she wanted to.

I told her that if I lived to be 84, I would eat bacon dipped in mayo
while smoking a cigar. Only 19 years to go.

George L

LOL Happy B-day, George!

Jill
Old 11-01-2015, 04:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Happy Birthday, George, I turned 65 this week too. My brain still feels 19, though. Hope you have a great day!

Old 11-01-2015, 04:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

George Leppla wrote:

Today is my 65th Birthday (and I have the Medicare card to prove it)

A very happy birthday to you, George! Live much longer and prosper!
Old 11-01-2015, 04:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

George Leppla wrote:

Today is my 65th Birthday (and I have the Medicare card to prove it)

I have an official letter from the White House to prove that I'm age
103.7 now. True!

G. (in real life though, I'm 61.7) Have a great day.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2015 10:03 AM, George Leppla wrote:

She lived another ten years after that... parsing away in her sleep at 94.

Was she an English teacher?
Old 11-01-2015, 04:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Old 11-01-2015, 05:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2015 7:51 AM, George Leppla wrote:
Today is my 65th Birthday (and I have the Medicare card to prove it) I
woke up at 6 AM and smelled something baking. Becca had gotten up before
5 AM and made me chocolate ├ęclairs from scratch to have with my coffee.
My first day as an official Geezer is off to a wonderful start! With a
life this good, it will be hard for me to become a Grumpy Old Man!

Yesterday, my step-son and his wife took us out to dinner for the
occasion. We went he
http://www.pappadeaux.com/location/138 One of the best fringe benefits
of marrying Becca was becoming a step-father. I never had children and
my daughter=in-law calls me Dad... and I really like that.

I hope you all have as wonderful a day as I am.

George L

Happy birthday and welcome to geezerhood, George.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

a wake up call [email protected] Vegan 0 11-03-2012 06:35 AM
WAKE UP! Andy[_15_] General Cooking 10 31-08-2009 03:10 PM
Wake up rfc!!! Andy[_15_] General Cooking 14 17-03-2009 08:24 PM
WAKE UP YOU BUMS!!! Andy[_15_] General Cooking 18 30-12-2008 08:41 PM
Wake-up tea toci Tea 17 23-09-2008 02:09 PM