Old 11-01-2015, 05:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default This is how you should wake up!

On 1/11/2015 9:39 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/11/2015 10:03 AM, George Leppla wrote:

She lived another ten years after that... parsing away in her sleep at
94.

Was she an English teacher?

Thanks for the fit of giggles.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

Old 11-01-2015, 06:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 3:51:39 AM UTC-10, George L wrote:
Today is my 65th Birthday (and I have the Medicare card to prove it) I
woke up at 6 AM and smelled something baking. Becca had gotten up before
5 AM and made me chocolate éclairs from scratch to have with my coffee.
My first day as an official Geezer is off to a wonderful start! With a
life this good, it will be hard for me to become a Grumpy Old Man!

Yesterday, my step-son and his wife took us out to dinner for the
occasion. We went he
http://www.pappadeaux.com/location/138 One of the best fringe benefits
of marrying Becca was becoming a step-father. I never had children and
my daughter=in-law calls me Dad... and I really like that.

I hope you all have as wonderful a day as I am.\

Normally I would, but I have to go to two funerals today. Both at 3 o'clock.. It's a weird coincidence.

George L

Old 11-01-2015, 06:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 5:51:39 AM UTC-8, George L wrote:
Today is my 65th Birthday (and I have the Medicare card to prove it) I
woke up at 6 AM and smelled something baking. Becca had gotten up before
5 AM and made me chocolate éclairs from scratch to have with my coffee.
My first day as an official Geezer is off to a wonderful start! With a
life this good, it will be hard for me to become a Grumpy Old Man!

Yesterday, my step-son and his wife took us out to dinner for the
occasion. We went he
http://www.pappadeaux.com/location/138 One of the best fringe benefits
of marrying Becca was becoming a step-father. I never had children and
my daughter=in-law calls me Dad... and I really like that.

I hope you all have as wonderful a day as I am.

George L

Happy Birthday George ! Sounds like yours is going to be pretty special. Happy Geezer Day !

Old 11-01-2015, 07:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 07:51:14 -0600, George Leppla
wrote:

Today is my 65th Birthday (and I have the Medicare card to prove it) I
woke up at 6 AM and smelled something baking. Becca had gotten up before
5 AM and made me chocolate éclairs from scratch to have with my coffee.
My first day as an official Geezer is off to a wonderful start! With a
life this good, it will be hard for me to become a Grumpy Old Man!

Yesterday, my step-son and his wife took us out to dinner for the
occasion. We went he
http://www.pappadeaux.com/location/138 One of the best fringe benefits
of marrying Becca was becoming a step-father. I never had children and
my daughter=in-law calls me Dad... and I really like that.

I hope you all have as wonderful a day as I am.

George L

Wow! Chocolate eclairs is a wonderful surprise. Lucky you! Happy
Birthday
Janet US
Old 11-01-2015, 07:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 8:51:39 AM UTC-5, George L wrote:
Today is my 65th Birthday (and I have the Medicare card to prove it) I
woke up at 6 AM and smelled something baking. Becca had gotten up before
5 AM and made me chocolate éclairs from scratch to have with my coffee.
My first day as an official Geezer is off to a wonderful start! With a
life this good, it will be hard for me to become a Grumpy Old Man!

Yesterday, my step-son and his wife took us out to dinner for the
occasion. We went he
http://www.pappadeaux.com/location/138 One of the best fringe benefits
of marrying Becca was becoming a step-father. I never had children and
my daughter=in-law calls me Dad... and I really like that.

I hope you all have as wonderful a day as I am.

George L

Old goats aren't so bad - welcome to the bunch. Just don't keep saying "Hehh?" if you don't understand something. Drives me nuts.

Happy 65th.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 12:18:17 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
[...]

How are you going to handle that? I've heard of double weddings, but.....
Old 11-01-2015, 07:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 8:14:16 AM UTC-10, Kalmia wrote:
[...]

I don't know - both of these people died on Christmas. The best you can say about it is that this is unlikely to happen again.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 1:38:42 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
[...]

I guess my question was.....will you flip a coin to decide which to attend?
Old 12-01-2015, 12:51 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2015 9:48 AM, Kalmia wrote:

I guess my question was.....will you flip a coin to decide which to attend?

One of them was my auntie so I gotta go to that one. The other was my
son's girlfriend's sister. My son has the harder decision to make. He's
the boyfriend - he has to be by his girlfriend's side. This was the
auntie that taught me how to make shoyu pork in the old school way.

My son's girlfriend's sister was 40 years old, they found her dead on
Christmas. She might have had a heart attack triggered by the flu. Oddly
enough, the CDC tracks the incidence of flu by an increase of heart
attacks. This has us scared straight - we ain't gonna be missing our flu
shots!
Old 12-01-2015, 01:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message
On 1/11/2015 9:48 AM, Kalmia wrote:

I guess my question was.....will you flip a coin to decide which to
attend?

One of them was my auntie so I gotta go to that one. The other was my
son's girlfriend's sister. My son has the harder decision to make. He's
the boyfriend - he has to be by his girlfriend's side. This was the auntie
that taught me how to make shoyu pork in the old school way.

My son's girlfriend's sister was 40 years old, they found her dead on
Christmas. She might have had a heart attack triggered by the flu. Oddly
enough, the CDC tracks the incidence of flu by an increase of heart
attacks. This has us scared straight - we ain't gonna be missing our flu
shots!

We had our shots, but still got a variation that wasn't covered. Having
said that, think of the other ones we might have got ...

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 12-01-2015, 03:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

My mother was only (heh) 82 when she died. After years of being on
low-fat, low-sodium diets (cholesterol and blood pressure problems) she
pretty much told her doctors she'd eat whatever the heck she wanted to.

Darnit, I always forget my mom's age. She's either 82 or 83 and my dad
is now 86.

Their doctor has put them both on minimum rations the past few years.
What they eat really upsets me and I know they are not happy about it
either. I've told my mom many times...you both are getting older, at
least enjoy your meals. It does no good to suffer in your last years
just to live a bit longer (in misery).

I've always believed in quality of life vs quantity of life. I want
my last years to be good ones and not crappy ones just to live on a
few more months or years.

Anyway, their doctor prescribed diet is pathetic. I want them to live
forever, but not that way. They don't do anything but stay home, watch
tv and eat. At least let their last meals be tasty ones and filling.
I want their final years to be happy ones, not longer extended bad
ones.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

I tend to agree with you.

What is the doc having them eat? And not eat?

Old 12-01-2015, 04:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 12, 2015 at 9:23:21 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

You're right - another year on the stone won't matter a bit.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2015 2:54 PM, Ophelia wrote:

"dsi1" wrote in message
On 1/11/2015 9:48 AM, Kalmia wrote:

I guess my question was.....will you flip a coin to decide which to
attend?

One of them was my auntie so I gotta go to that one. The other was my
son's girlfriend's sister. My son has the harder decision to make.
He's the boyfriend - he has to be by his girlfriend's side. This was
the auntie that taught me how to make shoyu pork in the old school way.

My son's girlfriend's sister was 40 years old, they found her dead on
Christmas. She might have had a heart attack triggered by the flu.
Oddly enough, the CDC tracks the incidence of flu by an increase of
heart attacks. This has us scared straight - we ain't gonna be missing
our flu shots!

We had our shots, but still got a variation that wasn't covered. Having
said that, think of the other ones we might have got ...

My wife is getting a series of shots for hepatitis B. She had been
vaccinated 20 or so years ago. People were told back then that they
would be protected for life but when she and he co-workers were tested
they had zero antibodies. It was a very unexpected thing. Workers in the
medical field may want to have their titers checked.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

[...]

My husband's oldest sister is in her mid-80's and her husband is a
year or two older. I know she doesn't want to cook anymore and they
eat very little anyway. So when SIL does cook, she portions it out
into little microwavable containers and reheats them for meals. I
don't know how near or far Gary is from his parents, but maybe he
could turn some of his weekend cooking into freezer meals for them.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room

a wake up call [email protected] Vegan 0 11-03-2012 06:35 AM
WAKE UP! Andy[_15_] General Cooking 10 31-08-2009 03:10 PM
Wake up rfc!!! Andy[_15_] General Cooking 14 17-03-2009 08:24 PM
WAKE UP YOU BUMS!!! Andy[_15_] General Cooking 18 30-12-2008 08:41 PM
Wake-up tea toci Tea 17 23-09-2008 02:09 PM