Posted to rec.food.cooking
Becca EmaNymton Becca EmaNymton is offline

Default This is how you should wake up!

On 1/11/2015 11:18 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 3:51:39 AM UTC-10, George L wrote:
>> Today is my 65th Birthday (and I have the Medicare card to prove it) I
>> woke up at 6 AM and smelled something baking. Becca had gotten up before
>> 5 AM and made me chocolate éclairs from scratch to have with my coffee.
>> My first day as an official Geezer is off to a wonderful start! With a
>> life this good, it will be hard for me to become a Grumpy Old Man!
>>
>> Yesterday, my step-son and his wife took us out to dinner for the
>> occasion. We went he
>> http://www.pappadeaux.com/location/138 One of the best fringe benefits
>> of marrying Becca was becoming a step-father. I never had children and
>> my daughter=in-law calls me Dad... and I really like that.
>>
>> I hope you all have as wonderful a day as I am.\

> Normally I would, but I have to go to two funerals today. Both at 3 o'clock. It's a weird coincidence.

Saying goodbye is always hard.

When I was a toddler, my father hired a man named John, and my mother
and John's wife became friends. Like my dad, John worked for a few
months at a time without being able to come home, he worked in Africa
and Venezuela, mostly. John and his wife had two daughters and our
families were close. John came to my mom's funeral last year, and
sadly, last week, we went to John's funeral, he was the last surviving
member of our four parents. This closed a chapter in a good book.

Becca