Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Southern cocktails

In article >,
Christine Dabney > wrote:

> Any of you Southerners out there got ideas? Or any non-southerners
> with good ideas will be welcome too.
>
> Christine

Margaritas.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> Christine Dabney > wrote:
>
>> Any of you Southerners out there got ideas? Or any non-southerners
>> with good ideas will be welcome too.
>>
>> Christine

> Margaritas.

<g> Those are way-the-heck-southern, right?

Having visitors come to stay on the RV pad while they scout out a longer
term RV park here in The Valley. Think I'll juice some key limes in
case they want some of my special margaritas.

Doing ribs for dinner.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Janet Wilder > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Christine Dabney > wrote:
> >
> >> Any of you Southerners out there got ideas? Or any non-southerners
> >> with good ideas will be welcome too.
> >>
> >> Christine

> > Margaritas.

> <g> Those are way-the-heck-southern, right?

WAY South. ;-)

> Having visitors come to stay on the RV pad while they scout out a longer
> term RV park here in The Valley. Think I'll juice some key limes in
> case they want some of my special margaritas.
>
> Doing ribs for dinner.

Oh man, Key Limes make AWEsome 'ritas!

Pork or beef ribs?
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 14:18:20 -0600, Janet Wilder
> wrote:

>Having visitors come to stay on the RV pad while they scout out a longer
> term RV park here in The Valley. Think I'll juice some key limes in
>case they want some of my special margaritas.

When we lived in Miami, my neighbor across the street had a huge old
key lime tree and was more than happy to have the neighborhood pick
her limes anytime. The more that got picked, the more it would
produce. And they made some killer pies, too!

>Doing ribs for dinner.

Spaghetti with meat sauce tonight with apple pie for dessert.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

---

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,
and if the turkey had had a breast like the maid,
it would have been a swell dinner." Duncan Hines
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> Janet Wilder > wrote:
>
>> Omelet wrote:

>>> Margaritas.

>> <g> Those are way-the-heck-southern, right?

> WAY South. ;-)
>
>> Having visitors come to stay on the RV pad while they scout out a longer
>> term RV park here in The Valley. Think I'll juice some key limes in
>> case they want some of my special margaritas.
>>
>> Doing ribs for dinner.

> Oh man, Key Limes make AWEsome 'ritas!
>
> Pork or beef ribs?

Pork. They were very good. I got them in a cryovac at HEB for 99 cents a
pound a couple of months ago. Been hogging up freezer space so I thought
I'd make them.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Janet Wilder > wrote:

> >> Doing ribs for dinner.

> > Oh man, Key Limes make AWEsome 'ritas!
> >
> > Pork or beef ribs?

> Pork. They were very good. I got them in a cryovac at HEB for 99 cents a
> pound a couple of months ago. Been hogging up freezer space so I thought
> I'd make them.
>
> --
> Janet Wilder

Sounds yummy. :-) I've not yet tried cooking a pork rib rack. I'd like
to try grilling one.

I've stocked up on T-bone steaks this week. About $100.00 worth. They
were on sale for $2.99 per lb. locally. I doubt I'll ever see them for
that price again in my lifetime...
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 20:48:55 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

>> > Oh man, Key Limes make AWEsome 'ritas!
>> >
>> > Pork or beef ribs?

>> Pork. They were very good. I got them in a cryovac at HEB for 99 cents a
>> pound a couple of months ago. Been hogging up freezer space so I thought
>> I'd make them.
>>
>> --
>> Janet Wilder

>Sounds yummy. :-) I've not yet tried cooking a pork rib rack. I'd like
>to try grilling one.
>
>I've stocked up on T-bone steaks this week. About $100.00 worth. They
>were on sale for $2.99 per lb. locally. I doubt I'll ever see them for
>that price again in my lifetime...

Scooooooooooooore!!!!

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

>>> Oh man, Key Limes make AWEsome 'ritas!
>>>
>>> Pork or beef ribs?

>> Pork. They were very good. I got them in a cryovac at HEB for 99 cents a
>> pound a couple of months ago. Been hogging up freezer space so I thought
>> I'd make them.
>>
>> --
>> Janet Wilder

> Sounds yummy. :-) I've not yet tried cooking a pork rib rack. I'd like
> to try grilling one.

I don't grill it, but I do cook them on the gas grill offset from the
heat at about 250° F. I rub them and refrigerate them for several hours.
I put foil under them on the grill and turn them at least once. They
really come out moist and tender.

> I've stocked up on T-bone steaks this week. About $100.00 worth. They
> were on sale for $2.99 per lb. locally. I doubt I'll ever see them for
> that price again in my lifetime...

That's an awesome price!
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> >I've stocked up on T-bone steaks this week. About $100.00 worth. They
> >were on sale for $2.99 per lb. locally. I doubt I'll ever see them for
> >that price again in my lifetime...

> Scooooooooooooore!!!!
>
> koko

Indeed. <g>
Now, this week they have Brisket for $.99 per lb., and I have no freezer
space. <sigh>
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Janet Wilder > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:

> >> Pork. They were very good. I got them in a cryovac at HEB for 99 cents a
> >> pound a couple of months ago. Been hogging up freezer space so I thought
> >> I'd make them.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Janet Wilder

> > Sounds yummy. :-) I've not yet tried cooking a pork rib rack. I'd like
> > to try grilling one.

> I don't grill it, but I do cook them on the gas grill offset from the
> heat at about 250° F. I rub them and refrigerate them for several hours.
> I put foil under them on the grill and turn them at least once. They
> really come out moist and tender.

For beef, I pre-braise then grill.

> > I've stocked up on T-bone steaks this week. About $100.00 worth. They
> > were on sale for $2.99 per lb. locally. I doubt I'll ever see them for
> > that price again in my lifetime...

> That's an awesome price!

It was! :-)
--