Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Southern cocktails

On Jan 8, 1:47*am, Christine Dabney > wrote:
> Heya folks,
>
> I am planning a southern style dinner of sorts for a few RFC denizens
> in northern California next Friday. * They know who they are..so I
> won't mention names here right now...
>
> I am serving a few southern appetizers...sort of amuses, as such, and
> I keep on thinking that a Southern cocktail would be good along side
> them. Not a huge cocktail, but in a shot glass proportion... *Just a
> taste, just to compliment. *Not to get anyone drunk...
>
> I am going through the books I brought with me..and I am coming up
> short. * An old ex rfc'er that I am in contact with gave me some
> ideas..but I am still looking...
>
> I want something that reflects the spirit(s) of the South. *Something
> that will rev up appetites...but won't be so spirited as to kill them.
> I am looking to pair these with Pecan-bacon pralines, and an appetizer
> that is a riff on pimento cheese. * *These will all be very small
> portions... *I want them to compliment these appetizers...and reflect
> the southern heritage. *
>
> Any of *you Southerners out there got ideas? Or any non-southerners
> with good ideas will be welcome too. *

Moonshine in Mason jars
Mint Juleps
Gin straight out of the bottle
Can beer (preferably Schaefers or Pabst Blue Ribbon)

You could also hire a hillbilly to pluck a banjo in the background.
For extra ambience, serve store-brand boxed macaroni-and-cheese in
Cool-Whip bowls. Add a Nascar race on the telly and a Confederate
flag over the front room window and shit-fire you got yerself a
Southern Bash! YEEEEEEHAW!!

You're Welcome,
PVC in Nebraska