Martin Golding

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:50:06 +0000, Default User wrote:

> hahabogus wrote:

>> Default User > wrote in
>> :

>> > Starting to feel like key lime pie time again!

>> So you feel green and lumpy...And if left out over night you ooze water?

> Green? You aren't one of those that put food coloring in the pies are
> you?

A properly constructed key lime pie gets its beautiful pale greenishness
from carefully stripped and slivered lime zest. If the egg yolks are
given enough rest time with the lime juice, they don't ooze.

We have friends in San Diego whose lemon tree produces lovely half-tart
lemons with incredibly aromatic peels. Mostly, I make delicious pale
yellow lemon pie.

Martin
--
Martin Golding | There is no spectacle on earth more appealing than
DoD #236 | a beautiful woman cooking dinner for someone she loves.