Default User

Default Evaporated milk? Condensed milk?

Captain Infinity wrote:

> I see the cans sitting together on the shelf at the supermarket, but
> don't know the purpose of either. Can someone tell me the difference
> between evaporated milk and condensed milk?

Hey Cappy, you fergit where google's at?

What you see as "condensed milk" is sweetened condensed milk, that is
milk with a bunch of sugar added, cooked slowly until it loses about 60%
of its water. It's very thick, about like pudding. Evaporated milk
doesn't have any sugar added, it's just had the water taken out. It's
much thinner than SCM, more like thick milk.

SCM is used for making desserts, evap usually where you'd use regular
milk or cream.

Don't mix them up, that would **** you off.

Brian Rodenborn