Old 04-01-2009, 08:03 PM posted to rec.food.recipes, rec.food.cooking

Default Moderator needed for rec.food.recipes

Opening for Moderator of rec.food.recipes

The time has come for me to step down as the moderator of
rec.food.recipes. I am looking for someone who would like to take over as
the new moderator. If have some knowledge of both cooking and of UNIX
(or LINIX) and have some free time each day you could do this. If you
think you might be interested and would like to know more details please
write me at recipes at swcp.com

Patricia Hill Albuquerque, New Mexico
rec.food.recipes lead moderator

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia D. Hill at
.

write me at recipes at swcp.com

Patricia Hill Albuquerque, New Mexico
rec.food.recipes lead moderator

I'm not up for the job, but I'm sorry to see you go, Patricia. You've
done an amazing job, especially with those who don't know they are
posting to a newsgroup or even what a newsgroup is.

Godspeed and thanks.

I nominate Peter Lucas.

write me at recipes at swcp.com

Patricia Hill Albuquerque, New Mexico
rec.food.recipes lead moderator

I'm not up for the job, but I'm sorry to see you go, Patricia. You've
done an amazing job, especially with those who don't know they are
posting to a newsgroup or even what a newsgroup is.

Godspeed and thanks.

I nominate Peter Lucas.

Could he squeeze it in with his other volunteer activities.
(Lions Club, SES, Net Nanny, Special Troll Service,Bull Shitters Anonymous)

write me at recipes at swcp.com

Patricia Hill Albuquerque, New Mexico
rec.food.recipes lead moderator

could this be the end of empire?

your pal,
blake
Old 05-01-2009, 04:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"Michael \"Dog3\"" wrote:

blake murphy
: in rec.food.cooking

more details please write me at recipes at swcp.com

Patricia Hill Albuquerque, New Mexico
rec.food.recipes lead moderator

could this be the end of empire?

Could be. I think a couple of our rfc folks would be excellent choices to
take over the moderator position of a newsgroup. It is certainly food
related.

Michael

I e-mailed her but it might not work out because I drive a mac. :-(
I moderate some yahoo groups nationally and locally, so I have
experience.
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama

like to know more details please write me at recipes at swcp.com

Patricia Hill Albuquerque, New Mexico
rec.food.recipes lead moderator

I e-mailed her but it might not work out because I drive a mac. :-(
I moderate some yahoo groups nationally and locally, so I have
experience.

What's the salary worth??

Dental/Hospital/Medical??

Holidays??

Superannuation??

If it's a good package, I might even consider it.

Then I can retire a second time.

;-P

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

"The joys of the table belong equally to all ages, conditions, countries
and times; they mix with all other pleasures, and remain the last to
console us for their loss."
Jean Antheleme Brillet-Savarin,

like to know more details please write me at recipes at swcp.com

Patricia Hill Albuquerque, New Mexico
rec.food.recipes lead moderator

I e-mailed her but it might not work out because I drive a mac. :-(
I moderate some yahoo groups nationally and locally, so I have
experience.

What's the salary worth??

Dental/Hospital/Medical??

Holidays??

Superannuation??

If it's a good package, I might even consider it.

Then I can retire a second time.

;-P

It's volunteer only. ;-)
I'm ok with that.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Jan 5, 8:48*am, Omelet wrote:

I e-mailed her but it might not work out because I drive a mac. :-(
I moderate some yahoo groups nationally and locally, so I have
experience.
--

That group simply publishes recipes, right? No comments, no
variations, no improvements? Other than word-processing functions
Old 05-01-2009, 05:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
,
aem wrote:

On Jan 5, 8:48*am, Omelet wrote:

I e-mailed her but it might not work out because I drive a mac. :-(
I moderate some yahoo groups nationally and locally, so I have
experience.
--

That group simply publishes recipes, right? No comments, no
variations, no improvements? Other than word-processing functions
what would a "moderator" do? Maybe if you could refuse to print lousy
recipes it'd not be so boring? -aem

Time will tell. At least I volunteered. ;-)

write me at recipes at swcp.com

Patricia Hill Albuquerque, New Mexico
rec.food.recipes lead moderator

could this be the end of empire?

I don't like rfr. I used to blame it on Stephanie da Silva, the
previous moderator (about 15 years ago). She has posted here a few
times, and I liked her posts just fine. After I grew up a little (I was
only about 45 back then), I realized that it wasn't Stephanie, it was
just the job. It didn't matter who did it, if they did it correctly,
according to the charter, then I wouldn't be happy. That was pretty
easy for me to fix.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Old 05-01-2009, 06:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"Michael \"Dog3\"" wrote:

Omelet newsmpomelet-EB9101.11192805012009
@news.giganews.com: in rec.food.cooking

It's volunteer only. ;-)
I'm ok with that.

If it's something you want to do, and have the time... Go girl!!!

Michael

We'll see it it works out. :-)
Generally, moderation only takes a couple of times per day.

know more details please write me at recipes at swcp.com

Patricia Hill Albuquerque, New Mexico
rec.food.recipes lead moderator

I e-mailed her but it might not work out because I drive a mac. :-( I
moderate some yahoo groups nationally and locally, so I have
experience.

What's the salary worth??

Dental/Hospital/Medical??

Holidays??

Superannuation??

If it's a good package, I might even consider it.

You'd end up talking to yourself in no time at all, sociopath.

Then I can retire a second time.

Yeah... "retire". ROTFL indeed.

--
"Some days we don't let the line move at all. We call those weekdays"
Patty and Selma Bouvier, 1996

Recipes needed The Cook Preserving 4 25-10-2010 01:59 AM
Moderator needed for rec.food.recipes Patricia D. Hill Recipes (moderated) 0 04-01-2009 08:03 PM
Group moderator needed? anthony Baking 4 06-10-2007 06:31 PM
Recipes Needed for Fundraisier David Ayres General Cooking 8 20-07-2006 04:03 AM
Easy Soul Food recipes needed please .... Gary General Cooking 163 22-11-2005 04:51 PM