Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Group moderator needed?

there's so much spam here now!
I don't know how to change this newsgroup into a moderated one, but
I'd be agreeable to being one of several moderators who could, when
able, just visit the site and knock out all those posts which have
nothing to do with baking. I don't mean this as censorship of views of
any sort -- but there are now more jewellery sales, spam offers for
wine, anything and everything, than there are proper threads. Anybody
with more knowledge on how this could be done or the spammers
controlled?

Posted to rec.food.baking

I do not believe this group gets enough good posts to need a moderator.
very few and far between. wish it would get more. nothing more I love than
baking.

"anthony" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> there's so much spam here now!
> I don't know how to change this newsgroup into a moderated one, but
> I'd be agreeable to being one of several moderators who could, when
> able, just visit the site and knock out all those posts which have
> nothing to do with baking. I don't mean this as censorship of views of
> any sort -- but there are now more jewellery sales, spam offers for
> wine, anything and everything, than there are proper threads. Anybody
> with more knowledge on how this could be done or the spammers
> controlled?

Posted to rec.food.baking
RsH RsH is offline

Join the yahoo group re bread machines and the spam is tightly
controlled. Lots of responses about bread baked in the oven, etc.

RsH
On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 20:17:44 -0700, anthony
> wrote:

>there's so much spam here now!
>I don't know how to change this newsgroup into a moderated one, but
>I'd be agreeable to being one of several moderators who could, when
>able, just visit the site and knock out all those posts which have
>nothing to do with baking. I don't mean this as censorship of views of
>any sort -- but there are now more jewellery sales, spam offers for
>wine, anything and everything, than there are proper threads. Anybody
>with more knowledge on how this could be done or the spammers
>controlled?

Posted to rec.food.baking

"anthony" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> there's so much spam here now!
> I don't know how to change this newsgroup into a moderated one, but
> I'd be agreeable to being one of several moderators who could, when
> able, just visit the site and knock out all those posts which have
> nothing to do with baking. I don't mean this as censorship of views of
> any sort -- but there are now more jewellery sales, spam offers for
> wine, anything and everything, than there are proper threads. Anybody
> with more knowledge on how this could be done or the spammers
> controlled?

I think once a non moderated group has been established there's nothing you
can do to change that. You would have to start a new moderated group.

Kent

Posted to rec.food.baking

"anthony" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> there's so much spam here now!
> I don't know how to change this newsgroup into a moderated one, but
> I'd be agreeable to being one of several moderators who could, when
> able, just visit the site and knock out all those posts which have
> nothing to do with baking. I don't mean this as censorship of views of
> any sort -- but there are now more jewellery sales, spam offers for
> wine, anything and everything, than there are proper threads. Anybody
> with more knowledge on how this could be done or the spammers
> controlled?

I don't know about moderation, i still need help making my outlook program
kill spam. i add words and make rules but i'm not doing something right.

maybe change newsreaders? recomendations?