General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-11-2007, 03:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,096
Default Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

These are my favorite hot dogs.
http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
method, so broiling did the trick.
http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg

Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.

koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 11/04

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-11-2007, 03:26 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,744
Default Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog


koko wrote in message ...
These are my favorite hot dogs.
http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
method, so broiling did the trick.
http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg

Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.

koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 11/04

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw



Gee, Koko, thanks. This inspires me to tell yesterday's hot dog story.

DH was at in Costco, said that he was going to buy some hotdogs. My heart
actually sank. I said in my fashion, "What in the world for?" He said "I
LIKE 'EM!"

He had been at his dad's, and dad loves hot dogs. and pizza. and so-on.
So I thought, "Chip off the ole block."

When I just saw your pictures, it reminded me to ask, "What happened to
'those' hot dogs?" He said he was afraid that he didn't have enough ice,
but he was sure going to buy them next time.

I showed him your pictures. But he will buy his kind, and I will buy my
kind (more good kind for me) . I assume that they will have these Niman
dogs at Whole Foods next week when I go there. Whole Foods in Fairfax, VA
sells Niman meats. I am not a meat eater, but I do like and will eat some
occasionally. I can taste those juicy hot dogs. I didn't know that Niman
made them. Thanks!

BTW, I have the book
"The Niman Ranch Cookbook: From Farm to Table With America's Finest Meat"
http://tinyurl.com/39frkf

Such a nice book!
Dee Dee


  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-11-2007, 03:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,103
Default Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

koko wrote in message ...
These are my favorite hot dogs.
http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
method, so broiling did the trick.
http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg

Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.

koko


Mayo on hot dogs? Is that legal?


  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-11-2007, 03:44 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,096
Default Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 22:26:09 -0500, "Dee.Dee"
wrote:


koko wrote in message ...
These are my favorite hot dogs.
http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
method, so broiling did the trick.
http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg

Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.

koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 11/04

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw



Gee, Koko, thanks. This inspires me to tell yesterday's hot dog story.

DH was at in Costco, said that he was going to buy some hotdogs. My heart
actually sank. I said in my fashion, "What in the world for?" He said "I
LIKE 'EM!"


Don't need much more reason that that. I LIKE 'EM too, I do prefer
Niman's though.
http://kokoscorner.typepad.com/mycor...om-rays-b.html

He had been at his dad's, and dad loves hot dogs. and pizza. and so-on.
So I thought, "Chip off the ole block."

When I just saw your pictures, it reminded me to ask, "What happened to
'those' hot dogs?" He said he was afraid that he didn't have enough ice,
but he was sure going to buy them next time.

I showed him your pictures. But he will buy his kind, and I will buy my
kind (more good kind for me) . I assume that they will have these Niman
dogs at Whole Foods next week when I go there. Whole Foods in Fairfax, VA
sells Niman meats. I am not a meat eater, but I do like and will eat some
occasionally. I can taste those juicy hot dogs. I didn't know that Niman
made them. Thanks!


I'm confident WF will have them. I buy them at TJ's


BTW, I have the book
"The Niman Ranch Cookbook: From Farm to Table With America's Finest Meat"
http://tinyurl.com/39frkf

Such a nice book!
Dee Dee

Dang, I try to not buy too many cookbooks due to my limited space, but
this looks like one I should squeeze in. I didn't know they had one,
thanks for mentioning it.

koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 11/04

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-11-2007, 03:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,096
Default Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 03:43:07 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

koko wrote in message ...
These are my favorite hot dogs.
http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
method, so broiling did the trick.
http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg

Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.

koko


Mayo on hot dogs? Is that legal?


Well....it wasn't actually_on_ it. ;-)

koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 11/04

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw


  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-11-2007, 03:51 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,551
Default Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

koko wrote:
These are my favorite hot dogs.

http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

Package says keep refrigerated at all times... but for how long,
forever?
Also makes wild claims of purity but not a hint of from which cut of
beef, could well be pure anal sphincter.

It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
method, so broiling did the trick.http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg


Sorry, but they don't look like hotdogs, I hope they didn't cost much
because they don't even have natural casings, in fact they don't have
artificial casing... this is truly tube steak.

Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise,


Mayo onna dawg, gack!


  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-11-2007, 03:51 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,635
Default Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

koko wrote in message ...
Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise


Mayo on hot dogs? Is that legal?


"Hot dog with mayonaisse" ... that's gotta be the oldest troll
on record.

S.
  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-11-2007, 03:55 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,551
Default Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

On Nov 8, 10:48?pm, koko wrote:
On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 03:43:07 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"





wrote:
koko wrote in messagenews:[email protected] .com...
These are my favorite hot dogs.
http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg


It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
method, so broiling did the trick.
http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg


Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.


koko


Mayo on hot dogs? Is that legal?


Well....it wasn't actually_on_ it. ;-)



Ach, I just knew it.... you ran out of K-Y! ;-)

  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-11-2007, 03:55 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,103
Default Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

"Sheldon" wrote in message
ups.com...
koko wrote:
These are my favorite hot dogs.

http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

Package says keep refrigerated at all times... but for how long,
forever?
Also makes wild claims of purity but not a hint of from which cut of
beef, could well be pure anal sphincter.

It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
method, so broiling did the trick.http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg


Sorry, but they don't look like hotdogs, I hope they didn't cost much
because they don't even have natural casings, in fact they don't have
artificial casing... this is truly tube steak.

Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise,


Mayo onna dawg, gack!



A shiksa, no doubt.... "I'll have ham on raisin bread with butter and a
pickle".


  #10 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-11-2007, 04:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 29
Default Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

On Nov 8, 8:11 pm, koko wrote:
These are my favorite hot dogs.http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
method, so broiling did the trick.http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg

Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.

koko
---http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 11/04

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw


koko, that all looked and sounded so good until I saw "mayonnaise". I
just can't envision mayonnaise as a condiment meant for hotdogs. :-(

Actually, the thing I like best on my hotdogs is a quickliy made
hotdog relish: finely diced onion, sweet pickle relish, and spicy
brown mustard. Proportions are when it "looks right". :-)

GTW, the hotdogs looked delicious!!!

Wayne



  #11 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-11-2007, 04:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 29
Default Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

On Nov 8, 8:43 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
koko wrote in messagenews:[email protected] .com...
These are my favorite hot dogs.
http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg


It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
method, so broiling did the trick.
http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg


Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.


koko


Mayo on hot dogs? Is that legal?


Absolutel not. koko is committing a crime!

Wayne

  #12 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-11-2007, 04:08 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,322
Default Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

koko wrote in :

http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg


I go more for the whistle dogs of my youth...a steamed all beef hotdog with
a sliced of bacon, a cheddar cheeese slice and some kraut on a bun that is
buttered then lightly toasted, in my time of cravings.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

It'll be a sunny day in August, when the Moon will shine that night-
Elbonian Folklore

  #13 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-11-2007, 04:42 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,096
Default Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 20:05:18 -0800, wrote:

On Nov 8, 8:43 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
koko wrote in messagenews:[email protected] .com...
These are my favorite hot dogs.
http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
method, so broiling did the trick.
http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg


Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.


koko


Mayo on hot dogs? Is that legal?


Absolutel not. koko is committing a crime!

Wayne


Ahem, excuse me. I did add some spicy mustard, will that reduce it to
a miss de meaner (than you)

koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 11/04

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
  #14 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-11-2007, 04:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,762
Default Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog


koko wrote

Ahem, excuse me. I did add some spicy mustard, will that reduce it to
a miss de meaner (than you)


koko, I'm impressed. Looking for something to stir things
up, mayo on hot dogs! Absolutely brilliant.

(laugh) nancy


  #15 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-11-2007, 04:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,096
Default Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 20:03:55 -0800, wrote:

On Nov 8, 8:11 pm, koko wrote:
These are my favorite hot dogs.
http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
method, so broiling did the trick.http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg

Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.

koko
---http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 11/04

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw


koko, that all looked and sounded so good until I saw "mayonnaise". I
just can't envision mayonnaise as a condiment meant for hotdogs. :-(

Actually, the thing I like best on my hotdogs is a quickliy made
hotdog relish: finely diced onion, sweet pickle relish, and spicy
brown mustard. Proportions are when it "looks right". :-)

GTW, the hotdogs looked delicious!!!

Wayne


Sweet pickle relish!!!! how can you mention that in the same breath
with a hot dog. Pshaw!!!

koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 11/04

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do What You Gotta Do aem General Cooking 3 20-09-2006 05:17 AM
I gotta get me one of these! zxcvbob General Cooking 30 22-07-2004 07:47 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017