Posted to rec.food.cooking
Donald Martinich Donald Martinich is offline

Default Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

In article >,
"Dee.Dee" > wrote:

> I showed him your pictures. But he will buy his kind, and I will buy my
> kind (more good kind for me) . I assume that they will have these Niman
> dogs at Whole Foods next week when I go there. Whole Foods in Fairfax, VA
> sells Niman meats. I am not a meat eater, but I do like and will eat some
> occasionally. I can taste those juicy hot dogs. I didn't know that Niman
> made them. Thanks!
>
> BTW, I have the book
> "The Niman Ranch Cookbook: From Farm to Table With America's Finest Meat"
> http://tinyurl.com/39frkf
>
> Such a nice book!
> Dee Dee

Hi Dee Dee-

I'm going to give my rant on Niman Ranch franks, but, please don't take
it as a personal attack. I just think I need to get the word out to
fellow weenie lovers. Niman Ranch "Fearless Franks" may be the paragon
of politically correct dogs but they are not a quality product in terms
of eating enjoyment. They are skinless (ugh!), mushy, and are flavored
like your average super market kiddie dog, and are priced 2 or 3x
higher. Just a friendly warning folks... They may have a following and
that's fine, but, if you like stuff like Nathan's out at Coney or
Johnsonville dogs with real casings, you'll be very disappointed.

D.M.

Yellow mustard, chopped onions and Vlasic dill pickle relish only!