Posted to rec.food.cooking
koko koko is offline

Default Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 22:26:09 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
wrote:

><koko> wrote in message ...
>> These are my favorite hot dogs.
>> http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg
>>
>> It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
>> dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
>> method, so broiling did the trick.
>> http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg
>>
>> Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
>> dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.
>>
>> koko
>> ---
>> http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
>> updated 11/04
>>
>> "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
>> George Bernard Shaw

>Gee, Koko, thanks. This inspires me to tell yesterday's hot dog story.
>
>DH was at in Costco, said that he was going to buy some hotdogs. My heart
>actually sank. I said in my fashion, "What in the world for?" He said "I
>LIKE 'EM!"

Don't need much more reason that that. I LIKE 'EM too, I do prefer
Niman's though.
http://kokoscorner.typepad.com/mycor...om-rays-b.html

>He had been at his dad's, and dad loves hot dogs. and pizza. and so-on.
>So I thought, "Chip off the ole block."
>
>When I just saw your pictures, it reminded me to ask, "What happened to
>'those' hot dogs?" He said he was afraid that he didn't have enough ice,
>but he was sure going to buy them next time.
>
>I showed him your pictures. But he will buy his kind, and I will buy my
>kind (more good kind for me) . I assume that they will have these Niman
>dogs at Whole Foods next week when I go there. Whole Foods in Fairfax, VA
>sells Niman meats. I am not a meat eater, but I do like and will eat some
>occasionally. I can taste those juicy hot dogs. I didn't know that Niman
>made them. Thanks!

I'm confident WF will have them. I buy them at TJ's

>BTW, I have the book
>"The Niman Ranch Cookbook: From Farm to Table With America's Finest Meat"
>http://tinyurl.com/39frkf
>
>Such a nice book!
>Dee Dee

Dang, I try to not buy too many cookbooks due to my limited space, but
this looks like one I should squeeze in. I didn't know they had one,
thanks for mentioning it.

koko
---