FoodBanter.com

-   -   Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/139443-sometimes-you-just-gotta.html)

koko 09-11-2007 04:11 AM

Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

These are my favorite hot dogs.
http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
method, so broiling did the trick.
http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg

Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.

koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 11/04

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw

Dee.Dee 09-11-2007 04:26 AM

<koko> wrote in message ...
> These are my favorite hot dogs.
> http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg
>
> It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
> dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
> method, so broiling did the trick.
> http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg
>
> Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
> dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.
>
> koko
> ---
> http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
> updated 11/04
>
> "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
> George Bernard Shaw

Gee, Koko, thanks. This inspires me to tell yesterday's hot dog story.

DH was at in Costco, said that he was going to buy some hotdogs. My heart
actually sank. I said in my fashion, "What in the world for?" He said "I
LIKE 'EM!"

He had been at his dad's, and dad loves hot dogs. and pizza. and so-on.
So I thought, "Chip off the ole block."

When I just saw your pictures, it reminded me to ask, "What happened to
'those' hot dogs?" He said he was afraid that he didn't have enough ice,
but he was sure going to buy them next time.

I showed him your pictures. But he will buy his kind, and I will buy my
kind (more good kind for me) . I assume that they will have these Niman
dogs at Whole Foods next week when I go there. Whole Foods in Fairfax, VA
sells Niman meats. I am not a meat eater, but I do like and will eat some
occasionally. I can taste those juicy hot dogs. I didn't know that Niman
made them. Thanks!

BTW, I have the book
"The Niman Ranch Cookbook: From Farm to Table With America's Finest Meat"
http://tinyurl.com/39frkf

Such a nice book!
Dee Dee

JoeSpareBedroom 09-11-2007 04:43 AM

<koko> wrote in message ...
> These are my favorite hot dogs.
> http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg
>
> It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
> dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
> method, so broiling did the trick.
> http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg
>
> Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
> dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.
>
> koko

Mayo on hot dogs? Is that legal?

koko 09-11-2007 04:44 AM

Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 22:26:09 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
wrote:

><koko> wrote in message ...
>> These are my favorite hot dogs.
>> http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg
>>
>> It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
>> dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
>> method, so broiling did the trick.
>> http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg
>>
>> Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
>> dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.
>>
>> koko
>> ---
>> http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
>> updated 11/04
>>
>> "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
>> George Bernard Shaw

>Gee, Koko, thanks. This inspires me to tell yesterday's hot dog story.
>
>DH was at in Costco, said that he was going to buy some hotdogs. My heart
>actually sank. I said in my fashion, "What in the world for?" He said "I
>LIKE 'EM!"

Don't need much more reason that that. I LIKE 'EM too, I do prefer
Niman's though.
http://kokoscorner.typepad.com/mycor...om-rays-b.html

>He had been at his dad's, and dad loves hot dogs. and pizza. and so-on.
>So I thought, "Chip off the ole block."
>
>When I just saw your pictures, it reminded me to ask, "What happened to
>'those' hot dogs?" He said he was afraid that he didn't have enough ice,
>but he was sure going to buy them next time.
>
>I showed him your pictures. But he will buy his kind, and I will buy my
>kind (more good kind for me) . I assume that they will have these Niman
>dogs at Whole Foods next week when I go there. Whole Foods in Fairfax, VA
>sells Niman meats. I am not a meat eater, but I do like and will eat some
>occasionally. I can taste those juicy hot dogs. I didn't know that Niman
>made them. Thanks!

I'm confident WF will have them. I buy them at TJ's

>BTW, I have the book
>"The Niman Ranch Cookbook: From Farm to Table With America's Finest Meat"
>http://tinyurl.com/39frkf
>
>Such a nice book!
>Dee Dee

Dang, I try to not buy too many cookbooks due to my limited space, but
this looks like one I should squeeze in. I didn't know they had one,
thanks for mentioning it.

koko
---

koko 09-11-2007 04:48 AM

Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 03:43:07 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> wrote:

><koko> wrote in message ...
>> These are my favorite hot dogs.
>> http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg
>>
>> It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
>> dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
>> method, so broiling did the trick.
>> http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg
>>
>> Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
>> dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.
>>
>> koko

>Mayo on hot dogs? Is that legal?

Well....it wasn't actually_on_ it. ;-)

koko
---

Sheldon 09-11-2007 04:51 AM

koko wrote:
> These are my favorite hot dogs.

http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

Package says keep refrigerated at all times... but for how long,
forever?
Also makes wild claims of purity but not a hint of from which cut of
beef, could well be pure anal sphincter.

> It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
> dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
> method, so broiling did the trick.http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg

Sorry, but they don't look like hotdogs, I hope they didn't cost much
because they don't even have natural casings, in fact they don't have
artificial casing... this is truly tube steak.

> Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise,

Mayo onna dawg, gack!

Steve Pope 09-11-2007 04:51 AM

JoeSpareBedroom > wrote:

><koko> wrote in message ...
>> Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise

>Mayo on hot dogs? Is that legal?

"Hot dog with mayonaisse" ... that's gotta be the oldest troll
on record.

S.

Sheldon 09-11-2007 04:55 AM

On Nov 8, 10:48?pm, koko wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 03:43:07 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
>

> > wrote:
> ><koko> wrote in messagenews:63j7j35s1qggjeqlu10t36a0rcapqjqbag@4ax .com...
> >> These are my favorite hot dogs.
> >>http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

> >> It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
> >> dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
> >> method, so broiling did the trick.
> >>http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg

> >> Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
> >> dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.

> >> koko

> >Mayo on hot dogs? Is that legal?

> Well....it wasn't actually_on_ it. ;-)

Ach, I just knew it.... you ran out of K-Y! ;-)

JoeSpareBedroom 09-11-2007 04:55 AM

Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> koko wrote:
>> These are my favorite hot dogs.

> http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg
>
> Package says keep refrigerated at all times... but for how long,
> forever?
> Also makes wild claims of purity but not a hint of from which cut of
> beef, could well be pure anal sphincter.
>
>> It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
>> dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
>> method, so broiling did the trick.http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg

> Sorry, but they don't look like hotdogs, I hope they didn't cost much
> because they don't even have natural casings, in fact they don't have
> artificial casing... this is truly tube steak.
>
>> Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise,

> Mayo onna dawg, gack!

A shiksa, no doubt.... "I'll have ham on raisin bread with butter and a
pickle".

[email protected] 09-11-2007 05:03 AM

On Nov 8, 8:11 pm, koko wrote:
> These are my favorite hot dogs.http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg
>
> It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
> dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
> method, so broiling did the trick.http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg
>
> Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
> dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.
>
> koko
> ---http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
> updated 11/04
>
> "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
> George Bernard Shaw

koko, that all looked and sounded so good until I saw "mayonnaise". I
just can't envision mayonnaise as a condiment meant for hotdogs. :-(

Actually, the thing I like best on my hotdogs is a quickliy made
hotdog relish: finely diced onion, sweet pickle relish, and spicy
brown mustard. Proportions are when it "looks right". :-)

GTW, the hotdogs looked delicious!!!

Wayne

[email protected] 09-11-2007 05:05 AM

On Nov 8, 8:43 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
> <koko> wrote in messagenews:63j7j35s1qggjeqlu10t36a0rcapqjqbag@4ax .com...
> > These are my favorite hot dogs.
> >http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

> > It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
> > dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
> > method, so broiling did the trick.
> >http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg

> > Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
> > dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.

> > koko

> Mayo on hot dogs? Is that legal?

Absolutel not. koko is committing a crime!

Wayne

hahabogus 09-11-2007 05:08 AM

koko wrote in :

> http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

I go more for the whistle dogs of my youth...a steamed all beef hotdog with
a sliced of bacon, a cheddar cheeese slice and some kraut on a bun that is
buttered then lightly toasted, in my time of cravings.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

koko 09-11-2007 05:42 AM

On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 20:05:18 -0800, wrote:

>On Nov 8, 8:43 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
>> <koko> wrote in messagenews:63j7j35s1qggjeqlu10t36a0rcapqjqbag@4ax .com...
>> > These are my favorite hot dogs.

http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

>> > It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
>> > dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
>> > method, so broiling did the trick.
>> >http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg

>> > Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
>> > dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.

>> > koko

>> Mayo on hot dogs? Is that legal?

>Absolutel not. koko is committing a crime!
>
>Wayne

Ahem, excuse me. I did add some spicy mustard, will that reduce it to
a miss de meaner (than you)

koko
---

Nancy Young 09-11-2007 05:48 AM

Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

<koko> wrote

> Ahem, excuse me. I did add some spicy mustard, will that reduce it to
> a miss de meaner (than you)

koko, I'm impressed. Looking for something to stir things
up, mayo on hot dogs! Absolutely brilliant.

(laugh) nancy

koko 09-11-2007 05:48 AM

On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 20:03:55 -0800, wrote:

>On Nov 8, 8:11 pm, koko wrote:
>> These are my favorite hot dogs.
http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

>> It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
>> dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
>> method, so broiling did the trick.http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg
>>
>> Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
>> dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.
>>
>> koko
>> ---http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
>> updated 11/04
>>
>> "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
>> George Bernard Shaw

>koko, that all looked and sounded so good until I saw "mayonnaise". I
>just can't envision mayonnaise as a condiment meant for hotdogs. :-(
>
>Actually, the thing I like best on my hotdogs is a quickliy made
>hotdog relish: finely diced onion, sweet pickle relish, and spicy
>brown mustard. Proportions are when it "looks right". :-)
>
>GTW, the hotdogs looked delicious!!!
>
>Wayne

Sweet pickle relish!!!! how can you mention that in the same breath
with a hot dog. Pshaw!!!

koko
---

koko 09-11-2007 05:59 AM

Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 23:48:04 -0500, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

><koko> wrote
>
>> Ahem, excuse me. I did add some spicy mustard, will that reduce it to
>> a miss de meaner (than you)

>koko, I'm impressed. Looking for something to stir things
>up, mayo on hot dogs! Absolutely brilliant.
>
>(laugh) nancy

Why, what ever are you talking about (*^;^*)

koko
---

Sarah Gray 09-11-2007 06:08 AM

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> <koko> wrote in message ...
>> These are my favorite hot dogs.
>> http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg
>>
>> It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
>> dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
>> method, so broiling did the trick.
>> http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg
>>
>> Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
>> dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.
>>
>> koko

> Mayo on hot dogs? Is that legal?

I prefer dill relish and jalapeno mustard, but there's no accounting for
taste :)

I save the mayo to eat with my fries!

--

Sarah Gray

Ravenlynne 09-11-2007 06:45 AM

Sarah Gray wrote:

>> Mayo on hot dogs? Is that legal?
>>

> I prefer dill relish and jalapeno mustard, but there's no accounting for
> taste :)

Jalapeno mustard sounds good!

> I save the mayo to eat with my fries!

Blech.

--
-Gina in Italy

http://www.myspace.com/ravenlynne1975
I'm a blogger: http://ravenwolflodge.blogspot.com

Ravenlynne 09-11-2007 06:48 AM

hahabogus wrote:
> koko wrote in :
>
>> http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

> I go more for the whistle dogs of my youth...a steamed all beef hotdog with
> a sliced of bacon, a cheddar cheeese slice and some kraut on a bun that is
> buttered then lightly toasted, in my time of cravings.

I usually just go for some spicy mustard, but last week it was chili and
onions.

cybercat 09-11-2007 07:15 AM

Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..

> <koko> wrote
>
>> Ahem, excuse me. I did add some spicy mustard, will that reduce it to
>> a miss de meaner (than you)

> koko, I'm impressed. Looking for something to stir things
> up, mayo on hot dogs! Absolutely brilliant.
>
> (laugh) nancy

Honest to God you old fogeys are such trolls.

Blinky the Shark 09-11-2007 07:21 AM

Sarah Gray wrote:
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>> <koko> wrote in message ...
>>> These are my favorite hot dogs.
>>> http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg
>>>
>>> It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
>>> dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
>>> method, so broiling did the trick.
>>> http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg
>>>
>>> Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
>>> dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.
>>>
>>> koko

>> Mayo on hot dogs? Is that legal?
>>

> I prefer dill relish and jalapeno mustard, but there's no accounting for
> taste :)

No onions? What's *wrong* with you people? :)

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Sarah Gray 09-11-2007 07:42 AM

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Sarah Gray wrote:
>> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

>>> Mayo on hot dogs? Is that legal?
>>>

>> I prefer dill relish and jalapeno mustard, but there's no accounting for
>> taste :)

> No onions? What's *wrong* with you people? :)

I like onions, too, but usually I forget to chop one up :)

--

Sarah Gray

Sarah Gray 09-11-2007 08:03 AM

http://www.woebermustard.com/images/...alapeno9oz.jpg

>> I save the mayo to eat with my fries!
>>

> Blech.

I like it even better mixed with a little ketchup and a lot of pepper :)

--

Sarah Gray

Blinky the Shark 09-11-2007 09:31 AM

Sarah Gray wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Sarah Gray wrote:

>>> I prefer dill relish and jalapeno mustard, but there's no accounting for
>>> taste :)

>> No onions? What's *wrong* with you people? :)

> I like onions, too, but usually I forget to chop one up :)

Well, that's frank. Thank you. :)

I guess any discussion about hot dogs is frank talk, come to think of
it...

kuvasz guy 09-11-2007 07:06 PM

On Nov 8, 11:08 pm, hahabogus > wrote:
> koko wrote :
>
> >http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

> I go more for the whistle dogs of my youth...a steamed all beef hotdog with
> a sliced of bacon, a cheddar cheeese slice and some kraut on a bun that is
> buttered then lightly toasted, in my time of cravings.
>
> --

works for me...

...fred

Nancy2 09-11-2007 10:59 PM

On Nov 8, 9:43 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
> <koko> wrote in messagenews:63j7j35s1qggjeqlu10t36a0rcapqjqbag@4ax .com...
> > These are my favorite hot dogs.
> >http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

> > It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
> > dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
> > method, so broiling did the trick.
> >http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg

> > Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
> > dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.

> > koko

> Mayo on hot dogs? Is that legal?

I've never heard of it before. If Stan were around, it would be
illegal, for sure. LOL.

I have been buying Nathan's hot dogs for the quality, but they sure do
have tough casings.

N.

Donald Martinich 10-11-2007 04:02 AM

Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

In article >,
"Dee.Dee" > wrote:

> I showed him your pictures. But he will buy his kind, and I will buy my
> kind (more good kind for me) . I assume that they will have these Niman
> dogs at Whole Foods next week when I go there. Whole Foods in Fairfax, VA
> sells Niman meats. I am not a meat eater, but I do like and will eat some
> occasionally. I can taste those juicy hot dogs. I didn't know that Niman
> made them. Thanks!
>
> BTW, I have the book
> "The Niman Ranch Cookbook: From Farm to Table With America's Finest Meat"
> http://tinyurl.com/39frkf
>
> Such a nice book!
> Dee Dee

Hi Dee Dee-

I'm going to give my rant on Niman Ranch franks, but, please don't take
it as a personal attack. I just think I need to get the word out to
fellow weenie lovers. Niman Ranch "Fearless Franks" may be the paragon
of politically correct dogs but they are not a quality product in terms
of eating enjoyment. They are skinless (ugh!), mushy, and are flavored
like your average super market kiddie dog, and are priced 2 or 3x
higher. Just a friendly warning folks... They may have a following and
that's fine, but, if you like stuff like Nathan's out at Coney or
Johnsonville dogs with real casings, you'll be very disappointed.

D.M.

Yellow mustard, chopped onions and Vlasic dill pickle relish only!

Jack[_9_] 10-11-2007 02:38 PM

Nancy2 wrote:
> On Nov 8, 9:43 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
>> <koko> wrote in messagenews:63j7j35s1qggjeqlu10t36a0rcapqjqbag@4ax .com...
>>> These are my favorite hot dogs.
>>> http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg
>>> It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
>>> dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
>>> method, so broiling did the trick.
>>> http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg
>>> Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
>>> dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.
>>> koko

>> Mayo on hot dogs? Is that legal?

> I've never heard of it before. If Stan were around, it would be
> illegal, for sure. LOL.
>
> I have been buying Nathan's hot dogs for the quality, but they sure do
> have tough casings.
>
> N.

Nathan's are all I buy anymore - never had one with a tough casing. I
usually get the 'bigger than the bun' ones. You want tough casings - go
with Hormel or any of those kind.
I usually just do ketchup and brown mustard on a hotdog. Will have to
try mayo in with that mix.

--
Jack N2MPU
Proud NRA Life Member

Dee.Dee 10-11-2007 03:07 PM

"Jack" > wrote in message
> Nancy2 wrote:
>> On Nov 8, 9:43 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
>>> <koko> wrote in
>>> messagenews:63j7j35s1qggjeqlu10t36a0rcapqjqbag@4ax .com...
>>> Mayo on hot dogs? Is that legal?

>> I've never heard of it before. If Stan were around, it would be
>> illegal, for sure. LOL.
>>
>> I have been buying Nathan's hot dogs for the quality, but they sure do
>> have tough casings.
>>
>> N.
>>

> Nathan's are all I buy anymore - never had one with a tough casing. I
> usually get the 'bigger than the bun' ones. You want tough casings - go
> with Hormel or any of those kind.
> I usually just do ketchup and brown mustard on a hotdog. Will have to try
> mayo in with that mix.
>
> --
> Jack N2MPU
> Proud NRA Life Member

Just a thought:
To me a tough casing is any weiner or sausage that when forked, the juice
goes flying across the table (or onto one's clothing).
Dee

Andy[_2_] 10-11-2007 03:44 PM

Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

Dee.Dee said...

> "Jack" > wrote in message
>> Nancy2 wrote:
>>>
>>> I've never heard of it before. If Stan were around, it would be
>>> illegal, for sure. LOL.
>>>
>>> I have been buying Nathan's hot dogs for the quality, but they sure do
>>> have tough casings.
>>>
>>> N.
>>>

>> Nathan's are all I buy anymore - never had one with a tough casing. I
>> usually get the 'bigger than the bun' ones. You want tough casings - go
>> with Hormel or any of those kind.
>> I usually just do ketchup and brown mustard on a hotdog. Will have to

try
>> mayo in with that mix.
>>
>> --
>> Jack N2MPU
>> Proud NRA Life Member

> Just a thought:
> To me a tough casing is any weiner or sausage that when forked, the juice
> goes flying across the table (or onto one's clothing).
> Dee

At the baseball and football stadiums in Philly, for the price of admission
you are now entitled to all the hot dogs, nachos, soft pretzels, sodas and
as much other junk food you can slug down! Speeds up the lines.

How thoughtful of them.

Andy

Bobo Bonobo® 10-11-2007 03:52 PM

On Nov 8, 9:11 pm, koko wrote:
> These are my favorite hot dogs.http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

I could go the rest of my life without ever eating another "hot dog."

> It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
> dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
> method, so broiling did the trick.http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg
>
> Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
> dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.

That is repulsive.

> koko

--Bryan

sf[_3_] 10-11-2007 05:12 PM

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 08:44:15 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:

>At the baseball and football stadiums in Philly, for the price of admission
>you are now entitled to all the hot dogs, nachos, soft pretzels, sodas and
>as much other junk food you can slug down! Speeds up the lines.

When is San Francisco going to get onboard with that idea?

>How thoughtful of them.

Very! I love soft pretzels!

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first

sf[_3_] 10-11-2007 05:16 PM

Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 06:52:08 -0800, Bobo Bonobo® >
wrote:

>On Nov 8, 9:11 pm, koko wrote:
>> These are my favorite hot dogs.http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

>I could go the rest of my life without ever eating another "hot dog."
>>
>> It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
>> dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
>> method, so broiling did the trick.http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg
>>
>> Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
>> dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.

>That is repulsive.

Other than the mayo - they sounded and looked great to me! I'd add
some chopped onion, just for the heck of it.

Bobo Bonobo® 10-11-2007 05:27 PM

On Nov 10, 10:16 am, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 06:52:08 -0800, Bobo Bonobo® >
> wrote:
>
> >On Nov 8, 9:11 pm, koko wrote:
> >> These are my favorite hot dogs.http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

> >I could go the rest of my life without ever eating another "hot dog."

> >> It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
> >> dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
> >> method, so broiling did the trick.http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg

> >> Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
> >> dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.

> >That is repulsive.

> Other than the mayo - they sounded and looked great to me! I'd add
> some chopped onion, just for the heck of it.

Although hot dogs could never sound/look good to me, it WAS only
"repulsive" because of the "big glob of mayonnaise," which immediately
made me think of Peter North. Maybe that says something about me,
more than about the hot dog :)

--Bryan

Orlando Enrique Fiol 11-11-2007 05:10 AM

Andy <q> wrote:
>At the baseball and football stadiums in Philly, for the price of admission
>you are now entitled to all the hot dogs, nachos, soft pretzels, sodas and
>as much other junk food you can slug down! Speeds up the lines.

How would that benefit the junk food sellers who don't get a kickback
from admission charges? Are you pulling our legs?

Orlando

Blinky the Shark 11-11-2007 05:32 AM

Orlando Enrique Fiol wrote:
> Andy <q> wrote:
>>At the baseball and football stadiums in Philly, for the price of admission
>>you are now entitled to all the hot dogs, nachos, soft pretzels, sodas and
>>as much other junk food you can slug down! Speeds up the lines.

> How would that benefit the junk food sellers who don't get a kickback
> from admission charges? Are you pulling our legs?

I'm still trying to figure out why it would "[speed] up the lines".

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Becca[_2_] 13-11-2007 04:38 PM

sf wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 08:44:15 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>> At the baseball and football stadiums in Philly, for the price of admission
>> you are now entitled to all the hot dogs, nachos, soft pretzels, sodas and
>> as much other junk food you can slug down! Speeds up the lines.
>>

> When is San Francisco going to get onboard with that idea?
>
>> How thoughtful of them.
>>

> Very! I love soft pretzels!

One day I purchased a soft pretzel at Sam's Club. Boy, was it delicious.

Becca

Andy[_2_] 13-11-2007 04:46 PM

Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

Becca said...

> sf wrote:
>> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 08:44:15 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:
>>
>>> At the baseball and football stadiums in Philly, for the price of
>>> admission you are now entitled to all the hot dogs, nachos, soft
>>> pretzels, sodas and as much other junk food you can slug down! Speeds
>>> up the lines.
>>>

>> When is San Francisco going to get onboard with that idea?
>>
>>> How thoughtful of them.
>>>

>> Very! I love soft pretzels!

> One day I purchased a soft pretzel at Sam's Club. Boy, was it delicious.
>
> Becca

As good as they can be, there have been some questionable practices about
how they're made and boxed up (here in Philly). Don't know if it involved
bug larvae or rat turd, mold or what, but with yellow mustard they are a
filling and fun snack and knocks off the appetite for awhile.

Imho,

Andy

Nancy2 13-11-2007 06:32 PM

On Nov 9, 3:59 pm, Nancy2 > wrote:
> On Nov 8, 9:43 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
>
> > <koko> wrote in messagenews:63j7j35s1qggjeqlu10t36a0rcapqjqbag@4ax .com...
> > > These are my favorite hot dogs.
> > >http://i11.tinypic.com/8e5yt1y.jpg

> > > It was a busy day and all I wanted for dinner was a nice grilled hot
> > > dog. It was too late to fire up the grill, which is my preferred
> > > method, so broiling did the trick.
> > >http://i4.tinypic.com/726nno1.jpg

> > > Hot dog, big glob of mayonnaise, smaller glob of spicy mustard and a
> > > dog that snaps when you bit into it. mmm good eats.

> > > koko

> > Mayo on hot dogs? Is that legal?

> I've never heard of it before. If Stan were around, it would be
> illegal, for sure. LOL.
>
> I have been buying Nathan's hot dogs for the quality, but they sure do
> have tough casings.
>
> N.

My bad - the ones I have with really tough casings are Hebrew
National, not Nathan's.

N.

cybercat 13-11-2007 07:06 PM

Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog

"Becca" > wrote

> One day I purchased a soft pretzel at Sam's Club. Boy, was it delicious.

When we went to the beach as kids, my sister always wanted the soft
pretzels, which she ate with mustard, and I wanted the soggy french fries
done in peanut oil. Mmmm!