Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Seasoning

Dick Adams wrote:
> I rarely use salt. It's not a health issue. It's just that
> my mother never put salt on the table. Over time I came to
> dislike salty foods.
>
> My primary condiments are black pepper, ground garlic, ground
> onions, and pepper sauce. My diet is changing and going more,
> and more vegetarian. The problem is vegetarian can be awfully
> bland and my condiments aren't making a difference. I would
> appreciate suggestions condiments to put some zest into a dish
> such as:
> A variety of sliced Bell Peppers
> Chopped green onions
> Chopped Kale (no stems)
> Chooped carrots
> Diced potatoes
> Shredded squash

If you've never liked salt even when omnivorous, the lacking flavor in
your vegetarian diet isn't salt. The lacking flavor must be something
normally associated with meat. I suggest zesting up your dishes with
mushrooms, butter, cream, olive oil, eggplant, walnuts, almonds. Also
try lemon pepper, hot peppers, vinegar, orange and lemon zest.

--Lia

What is Old Bay Seasoning Hench General Cooking 36 28-03-2013 06:15 PM
Seasoning a Wok Kswck General Cooking 1 19-01-2009 11:23 PM
seasoning a wok Jen General Cooking 5 06-10-2005 10:44 PM
Wok Seasoning [email protected] Cooking Equipment 3 26-01-2005 01:56 PM
wok seasoning? Sticks General Cooking 5 26-05-2004 12:10 AM