Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Seasoning

"Bob Terwilliger" wrote:
> Dick wrote:
> > I rarely use salt. *It's not a health issue. *It's just that
> > my mother never put salt on the table. *Over time I came to
> > dislike salty foods.

> > My primary condiments are black pepper, ground garlic, ground
> > onions, and pepper sauce. *My diet is changing and going more,
> > and more vegetarian. *The problem is vegetarian can be awefully
> > bland and my condiments aren't making a difference. *I would
> > appreciate suggestions condiments to put some zest into a dish
> > such as:
> > *A variety of sliced Bell Peppers
> > *Chopped green onions
> > *Chopped Kale (no stems)
> > *Chooped carrots
> > *Diced potatoes
> > *Shredded squash

> Mayonnaise. Every single thing listed would be good with mayonnaise.

Yeah, but... the entire thrust of this thread is to eliminate extra
salt.

Commercial mayo is high in salt... and the way some slather it on they
may as well have free reign the salt shaker.

> Inner Beauty Hot Sauce. It's a mango-habaņero-curry sauce.

Commercial hot sauces all contain rather high salt content too... if
one only uses a dash it probably makes little difference in over-all
salt ingested, but I've seen folks squirt half the bottle on one
serving of rice n' beans.

Sheldon